Rookies Report Today! UPDATE: Niners Trade for Eric Wright

UPDATE: The Niners turned back the clock to 1981 by trading a conditional low-round pick for CB Eric Wright. He of the Browns, the Lions, and most recently the Bucs. Carlos Rogers, step up your game or . . .

_________________________

This is the official beginning of the 2013 season, and it couldn’t come any sooner. The natives are getting restless, the players are busy trying to stay out of trouble, and the fashion police will be in full force once all the players return to camp.

In some good news, depending on your viewpoint, no charges will be brought against Ahmad Brooks and his braining of his teammate, whose name escapes me at this point, as the DA dropped the charges due to the unnamed teammate dropping HIS charges against Brooks. I doubt the team does anything, as I don’t think they’ll do anything regarding hat-gate. This shall be handled inside the locker room, not in the outside world. As it should be I suppose.

Let the season begin!!!

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

141 Responses to Rookies Report Today! UPDATE: Niners Trade for Eric Wright

1. Alleykat says:

Niners acquire CB Eric Wright(no not the same one from are glory days) from Tampa Bay for a conditional low pick.
    Maybe their figuring Namadi can’t run and cover anymore?

I’ve always liked Wright, even if he’s had some off-field issues. Mainly in college.

Strange but true, although born in SF when the other Eric Wright was a 49er, and the fact he wears the # 21, the two are not related.

Carlos Rogers is really looking over hsi shoulder now. If they dump Carlos, they’d gain like $5 mill in salary cap space.

Looks like trying to get deeper rather than better. Even more nickel D in our future.

Deeper is better. According to my wife . . .

Given that most teams are going pass-happy, the nickel is going to be the base package. If not the base, then the downs 2-4 package. Teams ate the Niners up passing on 1st down IIRC. Maybe it just seemed like that.

Niners didn’t seriously address CB in this years draft and instead take a risky vet and lose a spot from next years draft.

A low conditional pick isn’t much of a loss, 12th. 4th or below. The Niners will again be loaded with picks in 2014 so I’m not that worried about it.

Yeah, but they were loaded this year too and chose not to use it. This deal on the surface makes little sense.

Well I think it makes perfect sense. Rogers was a disappointment last year. If they can get Wright to do the same job for 3 mill cheaper, why not? I don’t think they cut Rogers, but he certainly needs to raise his game with Nnamdi and Wright around, among the other guys. He’ll be the next Shawntae Spencer. Buried on the depth chart.

What would have made perfect sense was bundling a few more picks this year and getting a solid rookie CB. I was surprised that didn’t happen, and now to see them taking a pretty big risk on a dubious character player with little recent success and giving up a draft pick anyway makes it even more of a head shaker.

The point being, the Niners will get the pick from KC for Smith, and a few more scattered around the draft. They aren’t hurting for picks. Wright is a bargain at $1.5 mill and is looking for redemption.

Maybe this pickup signifies the end for that faggot, Chris Culliver. We can’t be having those kind of players on the team. You know the kind I’m talking about — the kind that give up 56-yard touchdown catches in the Super Bowl all the while not getting a hand on the receiver, in this case being Jacoby Jones, not once, but twice in a span of a few seconds. Why whiff once when you can whiff twice. Now that was gay.

This will be Wright’s fourth different team in four years. That’s never a good sign. Wright’s been discarded and passed around more than that fruitcake made by grandma that no one wants for Christmas.

Wright hasn’t been particularly effective and is a red flag guy off the field. Maybe he is smart enough to use his last chance in the NFL and makes good? You are the betting man, what’s the odds?

Maybe coming to a winning culture flips his switch “ON.” Wright’s teams have a cumulative record of 41-55 in his 6 yrs. Eric did play for Mangini in Cleveland. I’d say it’s at least 50/50 that he provides solid to slightly better-than-average play on the field. I can’t give odds concerning his off the field issues. That’s beyond my control.

Please tell me we aren’t going into a new year with a defense totally dependent on a single player and a rehabbing old guy at that.

Well, they drafted 3 DEs and signed an FA DE. Uh……. They did something, eh?

Someth’n better than noth’n!

Hey, Nipper! Eight 49ers were played on the PUP list today. Can I get a “woof!”

Yeah they did do something, but it looks like future help not this season.
      Of course I hope JS comes back “same as he ever was”, from where I sit it looks like a bit of a gamble.

CB needed more emphasis in the draft IMO. I like the Reid pick at safety but felt they really needed a fast slot cover CB this year.

Early indications are they are not sold on Brown since they have not extended him. I presumed it would be Brown and Cully as starters next year but maybe not.

Well, the story is get Dorsey up to speed to spell JS from time to time.

I figure Dorsey as a replacement for ICE more than spelling JS. Dorsey hasn’t exactly lit the league on fire up to now either.

Having said all that I do expect more player rotation than last year since less would be impossible.

Lot of anticipation of the Squawks taking the West this year and they do have a quality roster. My guess is Wilson won’t sustain his level of success. Both Wilson and Kap will be schemed for very heavily. Kap has more tools in his box than Wilson and a better O line so I expect Kap to be more effective than Wilson over the course of the season.

Niners take the West at 11-5

Seattle, for all their blather, has gotten torched by SOME QBs. They certainly aren’t unbeatable, but we get them early on the road. A tough one regardless. Niners start the season with some hard games.

I predict a loss in Seattle, they are very hard to beat at home. Slower start for the Niners but over the long haul 11-5 looks doable.

14. ninerdog says:

I like the fact that the mangina knows Wright and what he can do.
    Harbaugh will make Wright drink the kool-aid, and we will see if he has superior veteran skills. Culliver has to prove he has the brains to play. We will see Rogers a lot, Fangio loves him. I don’t know about next year tho, he better show the 49ers 5 million reasons why they need him.
    Reports say R.Smith is as strong as ever, which is good news for Willis, Bowman, AND Aldon Smith. Aldon hopefully is healthy again. His shoulder

was torn up at the end of last season.
    The team sure seems to be carrying a lot of injured players, they better get healthy

We will see what Rogers can still do, he is loved by Fangio thh.
    That means a lot.

Stats wise Rogers is still a top tier CB. I think if they take slot away from him it will help him but they need to find someone better in TC before making that decision. Either way I think this is Rogers last year as a Niner.
      Cully was probably the Niners best CB until SB. Could be the game was too big for him or all that gay negative press got into his head.
      It will be fascinating watching how he rebounds. Brown had a very good year too. After those 3 there is significant skill drop off, a rare area of weakness on that D. Passrush covers a lot of sins but you can never have enough great DB’s, just look at the Squawks, it’s the strength of that D.

Today is National Lollipop Day. So all you guys can go SUCK IT!

Keep swallowing Dennis.

Its clear from his comments that Baalke thinks the lack of player rotation on the D line was a tactical mistake by Fangio. I agree with that. It will be interesting to see if Fangio makes an adjustment or not.

• ninerdog says:

Fangio’s lack of rotating that D-line led to them wearing down…but it also says he didn’t have much faith in the back-ups. Haralson going on Injured reserve didn’t help. Fangio rode his horses hard as far as he could….and it cost them. I would be surprised if he did it again. Hopefully, the offense can score more points…including not missing field goals…so they can take out the starters

Agreed, that was my point really. Baalke thought more of the players he put on the roster than Fangio did.

• NoFear49er says:

I think it was probably his lack of faith in his backups, too. And after seeing RJF play I’m pretty sure Fangio felt he was stuck with the starters.

Evidently it’s the cap hit of the corners, especially Rogers, NEXT year that has the FO planning ahead.

And Harbaugh is taking some shit for his holier-than-thou comments about the Seahawks’ PED troubles after trading for Wright.

At least that’s what I hear on SiriusXM today. That damned channel has soooo many commercial breaks anymore it’s worse than cable teevee, at merely twice the price.

I have sirius in my car, not renewing when it comes up because of all the damn ads.

Quite possible that Mangini is here to light a fire under Fangio too.
    Despite the ‘Official’ title, there’s a motive here when former Mangini guys are being added to the Roster.

Eric Wright is certainly a headscratcher move too.
    See if he manages to focus and stick in a Locker Room as businesslike as ours.
    Won’t cost us if he doesn’t pan out.

Looking forward to someone winning the Crabtree vacancy too.
    Please.
    Anyone?

I was a bit surprised and disappointed Williams wasn’t ready for TC. He showed some good stuff last year before the injury.

Jason Cole hears the Niners want to dump Carlos this year.

First thing I thought when the deal was announced for Wright.
      Look out Carlos.
      I see our focus in next years’ Draft going the CB/S route early on.

Lots of Salary Cap money tied up in Carlos for sure.
      Need better wheels in that Package, especially with Tavon and Harvin in the Division.

Is it me or does it seem a bit late in the day/desperate trying to throw CB’s into the mix of TC to find a starter? Smacks of a lack of planning no?

I think it’s Baalke and Harbaugh taking a calculated risk on a guy with some potential upside, while sending a little notice to the Vets that competition will be the flavor of Training Camp.

Add the Mangini angle to the mix and it makes me think Fangio is getting his cage rattled a wee bit too.

Yeah you could be right.

Right, NoFear. Carlos may get one more year here, but I’m pretty sure he’s;gone by then, if not sooner.

Harbaugh’s taking a chance on a less-than.perfect guy like Wright is a little different than your current entire defensive backfield testing positive for PEDs. so the Hawks fans can suck their lollipops like Dennis was saying.

I thought the whole point of Sirius radio or pay radio in general was the lack of commercials. Never tried it, so I have no idea. It can’t be any worse than KNBR, can it?

It started out that way with XM and Sirius as competitors. Since Sirius took over XM they have been ramping up the ads to almost the same level as OTA radio. I call bullshit on them.

I always thought baseball could use announcers that were drunk and wildly opinionated (hey, just like me) to announce games over satellite radio or some shit like that.

Speaking of Kappy and his apparel, his jersey is now the # 1 seller for NFL jerseys.

Most exciting player in the NFL IMO. That kid has a real chance to be a superstar.

I plan on putting one under the Christmas Tree for my almost 4 year old Grandson to wear.
        He already knows who #7 is by name.

Brings a tear to the eye NJ.
        No grand kids yet but looking forward bringing another generation into the Niners fold. My girls loved going to games too.

Funny story 12th –
        I took him with me to try to catch Anthony Davis at his old HS a few weeks back.
        The Camp is run by another Piscataway HS Alum, Malcolm Jenkins.
        This HS has turned out some pretty good talent over the years.

Anyway, I show up with my little guy wearing my Davis 76 jersey.
        This big dude comes over to the fence to shake hands and tells me he and Anthony grew up together, played HS ball together and all.
        He shakes hands with my Grandson and asks him if he likes the 49ers too?

My Grandson says, ‘Where’s Kaepernick?’
        True story.
        Met another Piscataway HS Alum, (who I wanted us to Draft from Boise St), CB Kyle Wilson.
        He’s playing for the NYJ.
        Never got the chance to see Anthony, he was a no show this year, at least the day I arrived.

Kid bleeds red and gold already!

They have no choice in my house 12th.
        We’ll see what happens when my 2 girls have kids someday.
        So far my boys have kept the faith.
        4 Grand Kids, all 9er Fans.

Great family traditions NJ, I envy you.

I noticed Nate Clements is still unemployed. My how the $80,000,000 man has fallen. He was found playing some safety last year for the Bungles too.

25. ninerdog says:

I am superstitious, so I am gonna wait on crowning Kap as the best thing to come around since sliced bread. He may have his hands full this coming season with the dreaded sophmore jinx.
    Defensive coordinators have, no doubt, spent a lot of time on stopping him, and not nicely either. Kap is a target for some pretty mean and complicated defenses coming up. He will have to play smart as well as tough. A big order for any QB. Especially one with as much celebrity as he has generated.
    His offensive line has a big job cut out for them this year…protecting him from human missiles trying to ring his bell and take the lollypop out of his mouth.

He will be put to the test no doubt about it. Time will tell if he can pull it off but I reckon he has all the tools to make it happen if he keeps his head on straight and works hard over the long haul.

This is why he needs to develop timing with all his weapons, not just Crabtree.
      I’m expecting big things from LMJ this year.
      He’s our best answer to Tavon and Harvin.

I also think Kaep has the higher ceiling in terms of accuracy and arm strength in this Division.

Kap is as good a pocket passer as anyone in this league. He needs more experience but the B.S. I keep hearing about him being a run first QB gets old. Look at the tape, he can flat out pass the ball on target from the pocket.

The lack of rapport with Davis until playoffs was odd but outside of Crabs no other WR seemed to get open much. Walker did but dropped a high percentage. LMJ playtime is tied to Hunters recovery and effectiveness. I would like to see LMJ in the slot more.

If Lockette and Kaep can develop the Routes together and click properly, the speed we possess could be hard to stop.
      Vernon, Lockette and LMJ can flat out fly.

The knock on Lockette seems to be the mental aspect of the game, hopefully his rooming with Kap will payoff because he is the prototypical WR for size and speed.
        Vance will need to learn to block or he won’t get much playing time which is a waste of a great set of hands. He is a big boy though so he has a chance to pick it up.

Vance could be a steal for us.
        I thought he flew under the radar because everyone was focused on Eifert and Ertz.
        Vance was a bit shorter but he is heavier and moves well after the catch.
        He was used at both WR and TE at Rice.
        Glad we got him.

I also think Vance can fill in nicely for Delanie.
      Looking forward to another exciting year.

26. ninerdog says:

As far as Wright coming here, Harbaugh is famous for getting players to drink the kool-aid and fly right. ‘Cuz if they don’t…the dirty birds fly right outta here. Brandon Edwards, and the running back Jacobs ring a bell? They spit out the kool-aid and didn’t play Harball…he made them pay and then got rid of them.
    Wright, if he is smart, will get his chance to show what he’s got and drink the kool-aid. Nobody has got a DUI drinking Harbaugh’s kool-aid, but last year they all got a ticket to the Super Bowl!

I guess the upside is if he doesn’t show well in TC he goes on his merry way and costs the team nothing. If he reverts to form of his early career Rogers is expendable so it’s a low risk gamble from a strictly players POV. His character is another story and maybe the greater risk even with the short hook Harbs will have on him.

27. ninerdog says:

I agree, Kap hits people in the hands in their stride. I thinkin’ Bolden is gonna have a big year.

I have to say I’m a bit concerned about Boldin. No concrete reason exactly but until playoffs he didn’t have a spectacular year and he is another year older now. Just feels like the Niners now have a lot of eggs in an aging basket. I know it wasn’t planned that way but that is the reality today. Can he really still be a true #1 receiver at a time when the team has yet to figure out if it has a #2 on the roster?

I don’t think he had many looks in Baltimore until they dumped Cam Cameron and started playing more vertical with Flacco.
        I’ve always liked Boldin.
        Tough as nails.
        In light of losing Crabtree, this could prove to be a blessing in disguise for this WR weak group of ours.
        AJ needs to stick close to Anquan and learn quickly.

Kaep needs to learn to take the mustard off the fast ball at the proper times.
      His touch will develop.
      His receivers have to develop along with him.

I see no reason for him to take a step back this year.
      He impresses me as a guy who plays to win.
      His head is screwed on right for the QB position.
      He doesn’t quit and, he keeps battling.

28. ninerdog says:

He fights for the ball pretty well and doesn’t need a big window, just the kind of wimdows Kap throws into. He will get his share, but only if someone steps up and takes some of the heat off him.

12th man,

I would cancel SiriusXM, too, but I’m hooked on the travel and traffic packages. Otherwise I’d cancel just for their mandatory auto-renewal policy.

But then, I remember when cable’s promise was commercial free subscription programming, too.

There’s a college SS from FSU to keep an eye open for this year.
    Karlos Williams.
    6’1″ 230
    Played CB/SS/LB and returns kicks.
    Seems like the kind of versatile guy Baalke shops for.

His partner at FS is interesting too.
      Little dude however, 5’8″ – Lamarcus Joyner.
      He too is a well decorated and hard working athlete.
      Reports suggest he’s moving to CB this year as a Sr.

Just tickling the Draft candidates while I wait for Real Football to start.

Joyner has played in 41 games, racking up 128 tackles and six interceptions. He is also a stellar kick returner, with 1,150 career kick-return yards to his credit.

Yes, this is going to be an interesting year. Vets like Justin smith and Frank Gore may be close to the end, but this is definitely their last best opportunity. I’m mainly concerned with the development of the passing game. The offense did a lot of hibernating at times last year. My hope is a bit more aggressiveness. Kappy has the tools, but not necessarily the weapons. Really interested to see if any of the young WRs step up.

Yes, the switch may have caused some growing pains, but at times we looked like the Ray gun offense.

I felt they were looking for an identity at times last year. Feeling out what Kap could do in various ways.
      This year they have a better understanding of their players except for WR so I hope they get 3 viable WR out of training camp. Either way it’s probably still a heavy ground game team.

Rams are going to put a lot of responsibility on Bradford this year apparently:

The Niners Oline is built more for run blocking than pass blocking hence the heavy sell of run prior to the snap, but that slows down the snap itself. It would take a change of personnel to improve the situation to better pass pro. Don’t see that happening so despite the clearly better pass skills of Kap over Alex it remains a run heavy team for now.
    At least that’s my take on it for now.

Saw this on the cap hit ramifications of Carlos. Looks like its almost a wash whether he gets cut this year or next so it comes down to performance in TC.

Looks like Rob is excited about Wright, weird, I thought he had a thing for Cox?

36. ninerdog says:

Harbaugh has made the 49ers a running team from the git go.
    Modeling his basic offensive philosophy after his old coach and mentor Bo Schembechler.
    I don’t think the size of the O-line prohibits them from being excellent pass protectors. It is easier for these guys to run block, and yes they were selected for this reason, but now that they have been together for awhile they should be able to pass protect well from any formation.
    It is Roman who is responsible for all the shifting before the ball.
    I think if they came up and snapped the ball quick without tryimg to read/confuse the defense they would be just fine. They do waste a lot of the clock, and sometimes it has bitten them in the butt.

It pre-dates Harbaugh. Singleneuron and the Raygun 3 yards and a cloud of dust, then Roman as the architect of the run game, with far more success. Across the line the players are more proficient at run than pass. It will be interesting how the O evolves given that Kap is a bona fide top tier passer.
      Iupati is a monster in the run game but average in pass pro, will they extend him if they are going to feature the pass more or is the ghost of Bo staying the course with a predominately run oriented O?

Looking forward to seeing it unfold this year.

I’m a big fan of Frank Gore, tremendous player who deserves the success that has come late in his career. Last year saw the O change from a Frank Gore Bell Cow O to Kap’s O.
    I think this is Frank’s last year with the team even if he goes for over a 1000 yds.
    The team has been readying itself for the switch for 2 years, I think Frank has performed better than expected but regardless they will make the switch after this season. Frank can no longer break off the big yards and the team has 2 guys on roster that can make the tough between tackle runs in Hampton and Lattimore presuming he recovers and Hunter is an all purpose back if he makes it back from an Achilles and that’s a tough injury for a RB as well as a quick change of pace back in LMJ.
    All good things come to an end.

I think Dixon has a bigger mountain to climb than last year to make the team, he did well on ST and had some success on O short yardage but they know his ceiling and I expect them to give Hampton every opportunity to replace him.

Hey, Chuck! My last comment didn’t make it thru to print. I was just commenting on Phil, myself and fellow lefties. Maybe it got lost into your spam. You ever eat that shit? Not that good. Probably like my last comment that got spammed…

39. ninerdog says:

Iupati will get better at pass protection, so will Davis and Boone. Pass protection is maximized by how long a line plays together.
    So I think things are only gonnna get better in that department.
    Unless there are injuries, but overall, I think Kap will have good protection. Frank Gore also is a big asset in the pass protection scheme. Don’t know if Hampton can catch or block good enough to be an answer for Gore, but he ran decent in preseason last year. Lattimore is gonna be a question mark until he actually gets on the field. Dixon has improved his passblocking and improved in short yardage situations. His special teams play has kept him on the team. When they hold a blow torch to his ass, he seems to improve enough to satisfy the coaches.

I don’t think Hampton is the answer to Gore, I think Hunter is, next year, if he can recover. I think Hampton is the answer for Dixon and Lattimore is insurance for Hunter next year and/or the 1/2 punch of Hunter/Lattimore replacing Gore/Hunter. LMJ is a different animal bringing something unique to the current table.

I think the trend of the team to spread the carries amongst a number of backs increases this year and continues in the future. 1 feature back but only by degree.

You are right pass pro gets better over time, I’m not convinced the skillset is really there however but time will tell. Beginning of last season I was convinced Iupati was a lock to get a new contract, I’m not so sure now even as good as he is.

I think Iupati can improve with better help from the Center position too.
        I’ve got a feeling Goodwin is in for a challenge from Kilgor or Looney over the next couple of months.

Goodwin is the most vulnerable for sure. Iupati had 10 false starts last year.

There’s a chance our Niners start of the year 0-2. Home vs Rodgers and the Pack Week 1. Then off to Pugent Sound to face Pete the Cheat and Seattle’s 12th Man. That 12th Man of theirs’, produces an avg. of 2.36 false starts/gm, and a noise level as high as 112 dB.

So help me Christ if we start off 0-2. You know what? I sat here thinking…and Larry King came to mind…Houston! Hello! Talk about a Wiley non sequitur…I can’t handle this anymore…

There is a chance Dennis, but I think they beat GB and lose to the Squawks. If on the other hand they go 2-0 that just about ensures the playoffs right there.

Del the 12th Man is going to be attempting a new Guiness Record for crowd noise in week 2 also. They picked that game for obvious reasons.
      One of the best rivalries in football.

Harbaugh and his Staff have the remainder of Camp to devise a silent system to attempt to counter it.
      0-2 won’t be the end of the world by any stretch,
      It’s how you finish in this League that matters.

True that NJ, September is all well and good but November/December is where its all won and lost.

Here’s the plan…….

Best way to counter the noise is script the first 15 plays ala Bill Walsh and friggin score points, shut the bastards up early and often.

Maybe they’ll all go hoarse in the pre-game attempts too.
        Harbaugh has got to come up with something silent, regardless of the record attempt.
        I honestly think they’re amplifying it somehow but……until you can beat them down, it’s known as a Home field advantage for a reason.

The Lions did something along these lines with their jerk of a coach holding up his fingers for each false start penalty the crowd caused whipping them into a frenzy. It didn’t work out too well for him in the end as it is not possible to keep a losing crowd going for long.
        If the Niners can get a couple of quick strikes and keep the Squawks off the board they have a shot.

Looks like Cowboys camp is off to a rough start. I think I will drive up the coast to Oxnard and see if I can make a nuisance of myself like last year.

Flip Jerruh off for me 12th.
      When I was in Canton a few years back for Jerry’s Induction, I told my Daughter to be ready with the camera in the event I saw Jerruh in the crowd.

I want a photo of my middle finger in his face.
      Haven’t had the chance…….yet.

I’ve been to their camp a couple of times, in full Niner gear of course, but never seen the crypt keeper himself yet. I will gladly post up the middle finger on behalf of all righteous Niner fans if the opportunity arises.

Werd.
        Full color 3D 9er representation.
        Only way to travel.

Never got to see TO either, was hoping to see that asshole and give him some shit but no such luck.

For all this rivalry talk with the Squawks the Cowboys are now and always will be the real rivals and the Rams a close second. I hate the Cowboys with a vehement passion personified by Jerruh the crypt keeper himself.

I’m right there with you 12th.
      Jerruh is a Class A Douche Nozzle.

I envision myself being photographed at his grave someday, in a 9er jersey and cap, with my pants around my ankles watering his daisies.

Getting into the Cowpattie Palace and getting a photo of myself leaving a hefty steamer on the star at Mid Field would be awesome too.

NJ and 12th, I love your guy’s attitude and optimism.You guys know me, I’m not as happy 😀
    But I want to be. I want to be an optimistic bastard on one of our WRs this camp.

I’m going with, Patton. That sumbitch saved this country’s ass in WW!!
    Go Patton!

Del how many Teams can boast of drafting a Tank, and Patton, in the same Draft?
      Who can top that?

Now if Lockette can Rocket, we’re in business.

I honestly think its an open competition. Lockette, Patton, Jenkins (he’s wide open) Hall each have a great shot at becoming the teams #2. I want to believe Lockette will get there.

Steve Young ran a 4.5 40 yd dash. Kap runs a 4.53. Hands up all those that think kap is slower than Steve was?
    Don’t get me wrong, I loved watching Steve Young play and scramble but Kap just looks way faster to me.

I got to see him here last year vs. the NYJ.
      He just covers a whole lot of ground with very little wasted motion.
      There’s stopwatch fast and then, there’s game break fast.
      Seems like he takes to strides and covers 5yds at a time.
      We saw him from the upper deck and he still looked twice as fast as anyone trying to catch him.

Kaep can turn it up when he needs to.
      Heck of an athlete.

Agree NJ, he has another gear, it is rare they even get a hand on him. There was a play last year (Saints game I think) where 2 defenders hit him as he went down. I held my breath cause he was hit hard by both guys but he jumped up and dropped the ball close to the guys still on the ground. He was flagged for taunting (wrongly) but that was one of the very few times he was hit significantly. He runs fast and smart.

Looks like we have our leader for the future.
        No doubt he’s going to be in it to win it.

Don’t want to see him taking any needless shots as a runner though.
        Has to play smart.

And you guys can ask my bestest buddy, Berger. I loved our pick of Patton. And I’ll tell why. Because I saw him play. Berger and I watch college ball like there’s no tomorrow. Not only do we watch it, but we criticize and notarize college ball, and especially, the PAC 12, into our playbooks.

We should get paid for this shit 😀

He made my Final List Del.
      As Fans, we do get paid, when they do what we need them to do, on the Field.

I think he’s gonna do just fine.
      I like Vance to surprise some folks too.

NJ, that’s were Berger and I draw the line with you. You think our second rd. selection Vance McDonald was solid. We think that was a reach for a guy who reaches for passes and who swings and misses more times than Rob Deer.

Four words for Vance: Catch the goddamn ball!

I think he’s got better hands than Delanie Del.
        Vance will be fine.
        He’s got to improve his blocking skills moreso.

I’m not calling him Rob Gronkowski just yet but I liked the system he came from at Rice.
        He was utilized in many ways and that fits perfectly with what we do.

He’ll improve.
        Keep the faith.

I like the Patton pick. He has as good a shot as the rest of em. If Jenkins (he’s wide open) doesn’t make a move in TC he will find himself in purgatory AKA Harbaughs dog house from which there is no escape.

Just a little side note…Pac 12? Fuck that!

It will always be the Pac 10. To me, to you, and to one and all.

Some of us remember when it was the Pac 8.

Still think 12 Pac would be better.

As I and many predicted, somebody at the Niners got together with the DA’s office, and this Ahmad Brooks beer bottle braining went away. As it should. The victim will be cut loose, with a healthy check, no doubt, from Brooks, for his noggin bumps. And, to avoid future imbroglios. In the end, Brooks gets to stay on the team, out of jail, and re-direct his energies to beaning the opposing QB, not his own teammates…

Dennis, whatever you typed, it isn’t in my spam filter.

Vance is going to work out fine. No one is as inconsistent as Walker. Vance is a beast off the line and has enough size and strength to separate himself from an LB.

51. Grumpy Guy says:

Eric Wright failed his physical. The trade is voided, we keep our draft pick.

Ouch. What a fool.

53. ninerdog says:

Eric Wright didn’t last long!

New thread is up ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! 1