Goodie Goodell’s House of Horrors

Fairly busy offseason for the NFL. Unfortunately for Goodie Goodell, it involves murder, assault, and the entire Denver Bronco coaching staff going out on a bender and getting caught driving while blind. New England Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for DUI, Raiders linebacker Kaluka Maiava was charged with assault for an incident in Hawaii.  This brings the total arrests for NFL personnel since the Super Bowl to an even 30. And the hat gets all the talk. We have pot arrests, assault, breaking and entering, street racing, public drunkenness, illegal weapons possession, failure to appear, criminal mischief, even casino fraud.

You’d think Goodell would come down hard on this behavior, and you’d think the fans would want to hold these guys accountable, but  no one really cares. It’s like the steroid issue in baseball. Bug Selig plays the ‘look how good we’re doing’ card while another bogus lab gets busted with a list of a ton on players who are juicing. The fans? Ho hum. They don’t give a shit. Ahmad Brooks busts up a teammate with a beer bottle, and it’s zzzzzzzz. Colin Kaepernick puts on a hat, and the fan base comes unglued. Like all the good things he has done in his short career has been undone by his choice of chapeau.

It makes me wonder what y’all think about this. Goodell talks a good game, and has levied some serious suspensions on some players for some serious things, but the Denver coaches likely won’t face repercussions. Guys are getting busted at an alarming rate, and the NFL offices can’t keep up. The NFL steroid testing is fairly murky and unknown to me, so I don’t know if it’s wink wink, we’re clean, or it actually has some deterrence factor to it. For as rampant I’d think it is, you rarely hear about PED suspensions. All this other shit though? Crazy. At least no animals were harmed recently.

Granted, these guys fall prey to the same things us regular folks do, but the DUI thing has to be a bit stupid as hell. You go clubbing, hire a damned driver. Assault and murder? Hey, some things you have to take care of yourself. The point being, these guys should be able to at least stay of of jail for DUIs. Weapons and shit are also stupid in the extreme. If you are hanging in places where you need a gun, you may want to rethink what you are doing. The rest? Criminy, who knows?

71 Responses to Goodie Goodell’s House of Horrors

Apropos of nothing. Way to go TIMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no!!!!!!!

You keep saying, “it’s no big deal.” And you keep making it a big deal. If you don’t get it maybe it’s over your head.

Racism? That’s the new progressive all-purpose weapon. You probably don’t see any hint of racism against Zimmerman in the flood of twits threatening murder and riots, or the “leaders” inciting them to riot or the worthless teleprompter-reader-in-chief trying to influence jury decisions. Racism? Give me a break.

“If you are hanging in places where you need a gun, you may want to rethink what you are doing.”

Like relaxing at home or out for a walk in the park with the family?

I wish I could go for a walk, NF. But when the weather his record highs (100), you have to adapt and adjust.

Cruddy movies on TCM now, and it’s way past time for bed, but I’ll scout around YouTube in the morning for something.

What’s your point, NF? Wearing a hat = murder? Gotcha. You think race played no part I the hat deal? I got some acreage on the moon for ya. Seriously, NF. The national media came down on Kappy when he was thought to be too tatted up to be a QB. Too gangster. You don’t see the implication there? I guess all the pundits aren’t as clear-minded as you. The wagging tongues usually hide their thoughts in veiled jargon.

Friends in the mountains just dropped in for a visit, but my back is killing me and I don’t feel up to going to the park.

But soon, I’m going to ask them for help and move back up there. In the small converted garage room without a door, at first. Or next door, at my other good friend’s.

I have a lot of thinking to do to figure out how to swing this. Pat (not me, other Pat) will probably have to rent a car carrier to move me back.

Disabled and all, it’s an awful lot of work to do. It would be much easier to stay here and die, but I refuse. Not with my friends whom I never should have left.

chuck – it does make you wonder what goes on in some peoples heads. I think it’s just that there is a world full of not so very bright minds out there. Just as it’s always been. In a way you do have to be somewhat of a knucklehead to play football for a living.

• rtfirefly2 says:

Winder, I’ve made so many mistakes in my life I gave up counting a long time ago.

At least they are personal mistakes, not legal.

I sincerely will be praying I can get back up to the mountains with the Benz.

Just stay with my friends for awhile, and stay close by for when the snow hits and the roads turn to mush.

Friends stick together, always. I forgot that when I left a year ago.

• Winder says:

RT- I wish you the best of luck in getting back to the mountains. I think we have all done things that we wish we could take back or change. I am definitely one of those knuckleheads myself.

8. rtfirefly2 says:

Sand BTW, is what you have to buy to spread on your driveway. It’s not cheap, but it’s cheaper than sinking in knee deep mud or having your car sink in knee deep mud when you’re out of food and have to go to the grocers.

New Mexico is not for the faint of heart. I’ve been lucky, and had friends teach me all these little tricks.

When I get back up to the mountains, I’ll rent a cheap little trailer with a satellite dish so I can watch football. Be close to the store and my friends. What I should have done last year instead of coming here.

The NFL is a meritocracy and fans appreciate that. Some folks live to find racism in everything. You want racism? Look no further than Barry’s election and his regime which was billed as the end of it.

Some people apparently think CK7’s tattoos are indicative of a punk/prison culture, you know like Hernandez, and the media covered it. Nothing wrong with the media until they gore your ox, right? Why would you insist it’s racism?

Wear a competing team’s hat to your son’s next game and see if he gets your “it’s just a hat” crap.

“It’s like, not only does he shit on our heads, we’re supposed to say, thanks for the hat.”

—Brendan Filone from my favorite and best TV drama ever, “The Sopranos.”

I did that all the time. He’s played for the Red Sox, the Mariners, the Cubs, the Red Sox again, the Blue Jays, and the Rangers. Luckily never for the Dodgers. The only time I wore their hats was when I coached.

If I had a hat for every time one of my horses took a dump out on the track I’d be The Mad Hatter. “What is the hatter with me?”

It figures, the day after Timmy throws a no-no, Zito puts out an “All you can eat buffet.”

12. ninerdog says:

They are getting beat so bad, they are gonna need a shoehorn to put their hat on-

Zito should be banned from pitching on the road.

So, racism is fine as long as it’s the prevailing sentiment, NoFear? Welcome to 1861. I’m not insisting anything, NoFear. Do you really think the reporter who railed on Kappy’s tattoos being too gangste rwasn’t being racist? Seriously, you must be mental. This isn’t a vast conspiracy. You are too busy deflecting cosmic rays with your tinfoil hat.

What’s the inferrence here, NoFear?

David Whitley of the Sporting News lobbed criticism at Kaepernick in a column. Whitley wrote, “NFL quarterback is the ultimate position of influence and responsibility. He is the CEO of a high-profile organization, and you don’t want your CEO to look like he just got paroled.”

Right. Conspiracy.

Now,, a quick rain and we still haven’t quite dried out from the hail.

I forgot to bring enough money to tip the waitress next door last week. So I asked for her tonight and left her a good, not extravagant tip.

She pats me on the shoulder before I even tipped her and said, “It’s OK”.

I’d forgotten what it feels like to have my heart stop and my breath taken away. It’s going to be hard as hell to leave this town, but the weather here in the summer is just too much.

Magnificent Seven on right now. I missed the first half flirting with the waitress. Anglo Hispanic women are unbelievably beautiful, and I will miss this town.

Chile verde and coffee for supper. Can’t afford it any longer, but I had to talk to that waitress once more. She’s probably 30 something, and obviously smart and works like the devil. I have very good and selective taste.

But rotten, rotten timing. I think I’m turning schizo. I could perhaps get a date with that beautiful gal, but I’m trying to figure out how to move back to the mountains.

Seriously, I’m think I’m turning schizo. I have not had a crush on a woman like this in a long, long, time, and I don’t know if I can ever even work out a date with her.

“In springtime a young man’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love”. Bill S.

16. rtfirefly2 says:

Pouring rain again. Monsoon season has arrived early. Great for crops, but very bad for roofs.

I still have to work with my LL to clean some of the mess up from the 3rd.

Well, better this than living in a Section 8 complex in ABQ, which I could arrange.

But enough is enough alreay, God. 100 degree heat, then another rainstorm when all the roofs in town are still not repaired?

Boy oh boy oh boy. Think California Dreamin’, because I don’t think I’ll be able to get to sleep for awhile.

Chuck, I don’t know WTF you’re talking about or who you think you’re replying to, unless it’s the voices in your head.

You delight in crying “racism” but have never written a word about the racism on display every day on the national stage and that show starts at the top. Criticism is not the same as racism.

I don’t think you give two shits about racism anyway. I think you think you’re being superior and intellectual by leveling the charge at “whitey” at every opportunity. Maybe your self-guilt is overwhelming your common sense.

Your approach to racism is the same as your approach to football. Strictly sheeple.

• rtfirefly2 says:

Hey NF, it’s pouring rain and half the roofs in town are already leaking.

Mind arguing about football for a bit? I don’t normally stay up this late, but… we have another swamp outside. As long as the roof doesn’t leak again.

I always enjoy talking with you on any subject, especially military.

18. rtfirefly2 says:

I didn’t mean shut up, NF, I have way too much respect for you and your buddies to ever do that.

I just felt like talking until the rain stops. If the roof is still here in the morning, well that’s a bonus.

RT, I know a guy who lost his leg above the knee to an IED. It’s six months later (six months!) and he’s jogging around his floor at Walter Reed. It’s all about attitude. Determination and never quit.

I actually wasn’t trying to whine, NF, believe it or not. Half of the people in this town got property damage from that hailstorm.

I’m really too old to worry about myself. My roof didn’t leak.

Tell your friend I congratulate him for his service and I wish him the best on his recovery.

It took me awhile to walk again after my cancer. I’m a pretty stubborn SOB when it comes right down to it.

Criminy, NoFear. Your hat’s on a little tight. I don;t want to belabor this ad nauseum, but really, if I posted the sky was blue, you’d call me out on it. I point out what an exemplary influence Kaepernick has been with his play, his charity work, and his academic record, and I’m following the masses. The masses, mind you, who twitted hatred and vitriol for Kappy over the hat. And these are NINER fans. If you feel that all the other good things that Kappy has done can be outshined by his hat choice, then bully. You’re the one who isn’t doing his due diligence on the kid. In other words, b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-h! Don’t expect me to take you seriously, because, really, that’s pretty goddamned funny.

If anyone is following the unwashed, it’s you. So many are quick to write off Kaepernick as a thug, a hip gansta wannabe, or whatever, because of his look, his tatts, and most recently, the hat thing. These are the knee-jerk-reaction types like the guy who wrote the article for the sporting news. You know, the sheep I follow yet don’t agree with. Look below the surface, and you see a kid who is working his ass off to be the best he can be. He graduated early, he’s involved with his local HS in Turlock, he’s hosting charity events, on and on. In your world, that doesn’t matter because of the hat. If I’m the sheep on this, why are so many people on your side?

Let me put it this way. Remember back before the Super Bowl 4 years ago? A certain QB purchased ad time to espouse his views regarding a certain subject? Granted, this was a guy who hadn’t played a down in the NFL spending millions of dollars to make known his views. Was that a tad over the top? Grandstanding if you will? Of course not. Why? Because you follow the same belief structure. B-a-a-a-a-a-a-h!

As long as Kap performs and wins games, I don’t care what cap he wears on his own time. In fact, if he played like garbage and LOST a ton of games, what cap he wears on his own time wouldn’t make a whit of difference to me, either — I’d just want his ass on the bench. As for all the criminal stuff, lotsa football players aren’t choirboys in college either, so when they get to the pros with free time (especially in the offseason) and lots of dough, well, their natural proclivities towards disrespect of authority and mayhem tend to get unleashed. I don’t see what Goodell can do about it, other than banish them from the game after several misdemeanors or one felony conviction, or similar. I don’t know if he can do that under the CBA, but he might try. Otherwise, he better get the NFL’s high performance PR machine on overdrive to paper over the daily rap sheet reports in the offseason. Once camp starts, the incidents should go down in number, the guys are occupied, then too tired to do things to get arrested…

Now it’s MSM throwing CK7 under the bus? Earlier it was you adamantly claiming it was only teenage girls on twitter.

I was in CK7’s corner while you were still screaming about the greatness of Alex. Now you’ve changed horses you put yourself in the role of his protector and don’t see the hypocrisy or the ironic humor?

CK7 does plenty right. This thing with the Dolphins hat wasn’t one of them. Sheeple in their need to gain favor with the crowd would turn that single complaint into a mischaracterization of full-on hatred. Maybe check your own headspace first. Looks like a no-go from here.

Btw, I was done with the hat, until you threw out the hot button “racism” charge for reaction I suppose. You got it and you still complain.

24. ninerdog says:

If the Kap fits wear it.
    Bleep!

As KTVU announced at Noon a few days back with great earnestness, SUM TING WONG! WI TU LO!

“Lord Jim” on now by Joseph Conrad (“Heart of Darkness”, the basis for Apocalyse Now”).

Peter O’Toole plays a 1st mate on a merchant ship sailing out of China. During a storm which sinks the ship, he jumps ship and deserts everyone.

Then spends the rest of the movie trying to humbly redeem himself. Enduring torture and privation, to help the Chinese rebels about to be turned into slave mine workers.

Can’t beat this stuff. I can’t even begin to prepare to move until the monsoon season is over, so it’s music and movies.

OMG, OMG, OMG. I get on this online dating site and they have me on Webcam. Women from all over start sending me vids.

I look like crap after I blew out my back and everything, but they don’t seem to care. I’m really pretty athletic and take care of myself.

I think I’ll go back, but I can’t chat with them anymore because I have to sign up and everything.

NF, I am NEVER giving up.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Turns out the Broncos suspended their coaches. Not the league. Hypocritical at best.

DiId y’all catch hat gate II? The Pouncey twins wearing Free Hernandez hats? Yeah, they were teammates in college, but that’s a little tough to take. Speaking of hats . . .

• NoFear49er says:

Lots of people wear Che Guevara’s likeness having no idea who he was except someone told them it looks like you’re cool wearing it.

• Berger says:

The people who where Che Guevara hats and t-shits probably don’t know he was a mass murderer who bragged about it. But he is perceived as a Liberal so he is a hero. Because of him and his buddy Fidel in Cuba, people have been oppressed for over 50 years, yet he is a hero. If a Cuban citizen doesn’t want to be there in Che’s guvment they have to swim. But yet he is seen as some kind of hero. I don’t get it. People wearing Che is appalling because most likely, they have no idea what kind of murderer he was. I guess that is why just about every whacko that shoots up a restaurant, theater or school is a liberal. They are just emulating Che.

OK, I lied. I was on that site and met a girl online who I just spent the last few hours chatting.
    She sent me vids, lots and lots and lots of them, and didn’t laugh at my face on the WebCam.

I’lll see y’all about fall after she breaks my heart.

31. ninerdog says:

They were wearing a ten dollar hat on a five cent head

32. rtfirefly2 says:

Yeah, NF, I haven’t spent a dime. I just got on speak in and ask to meet a really nice girl whom I could date.
    They have me on WebCam and are watching every move I make. A tad too spooky for me. Way more than a tad. When I saw myself on there, I had to scout around.
    When it comes to beautiful women, I’m the Champ for a 5 cent head.
    I’ll find one sooner or later.

33. rtfirefly2 says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the women were 98 years old, but the vids were very real.
    Real women, some local.
    Now if The Company was involved in this site, that would surprise me a lot less than the chat with the local woman in the lingerie.

• NoFear49er says:

Speaking of clowns in action reminds me of a joke. Kid says to Obama, “My dad says you spy on us.” Obama replies, “He’s not your dad.”

Nip, talk shit about my dog, and face the consequences.

Bleep!

Don’t make me let the air out of your house . . .

Che Guevara? Fidel Castro? Guess I got to bring up all the Mao Tse Tung red star hats folks used to wear. So only liberals have fashion sense, Bergs? We all know that’s why Nixon lost the debate , , ,

Speaking of hats, Bullitt posts about it 5 times a day on Skeebers blog.

Who better than you, NoFear?

Che Guevara (GB) was foaled on 2/23/1998. Sired by Machiavellian out of Girl From Ipanema (GB). You guys were talking about the horse, no?

39. ninerdog says:

So many hats and only one head
    Burp!

Didja hear that Bergs got poison oak the other day, but wouldn’t put calamine lotion on it because it said ‘apply liberally’?

Kap beats our Wilson for “best breakthrough Athlete of the year” ESPY award.

Kudos to Kaep –
      So long as he’s driving the 49ers to improve on Sundays, his media exposure shouldn’t be that big a distraction IMO.
      Hard not to be inconspicuous as a Pro athlete now days, cameras on phones and all.

Chuck, to your point about the Dolphins Cap, I chalk it up to stupidity.
      I’ll lose no sleep over it but, it was pretty dumb on his part.
      I recall the comment he made about his Dad buying and wearing the 9er cap when he got Drafted, and not taking it off.

I feel that he should think the same way.
      Be the face of The Franchise and wear it proudly.

Hey NJ, long time man.
        Kid stubbed his toe wearing a fins cap, ok live and learn. Follows it up with a “so what” to the fans, not smart. Follows that up with a luke warm kinda sorta not really apology, even dumber.
        It’s a business founded on fans and public perception of who you are. Don’t know who his PR people are but pissing off fans is not optimum whether he understands that or not.

Big picture? Storm in a teacup…for now.

42. Grumpy Guy says:

I always like the suburban kids who wear Che Guevara shirts to the mall, and are pro-gun control.

Irony, yum.

Most kids knowledge of history is like Kap’s knowledge of Public Relations, slim.
      One of my girls had a pink purse with Che’s ugly mug on it. She had no idea who he was and after being told she didn’t give a damn since the purse matched her shoes and was “cool”

All I can say is I stressed school and college for all my kids. Even then, we talked about all kinds of stuff all the time. From all different viewpoints. Never be too quick to jump to conclusions, and always try to look at the other side of whatever position you are positing. .

Too bad I don;t follow those rues here!! Ha ha . . . . . ! Lighten up, fuckos!!

Yeah, I;m waiting for the Hi Hitler! coffee mugs and Sassy Stalin t-shirts.

Speaking of fuckos this has to be the best scene (of a thousand) in Good Fellas.

WOOF!

“He’s all right. He’s one of us. He’s a good fella.” That’s Martin Scorsese alright. He’s a good fella. But how did he become that? How did Scorsese become one of, if not, the greatest directors of our time? I’ll tell ya how. He grew up on “The Mean Streets” of New York. And need I remind who Marty had to deal with on “The Mean Streets” of New York? That’s right, mooks. Fucking mooks. What’s a mook? I’ll give ya mook…

Just a few side notes from “Mean Streets.” I liked Bobby D’s $25 Dobbs hat so much, I bought one for myself when I first saw the movie when I was about 17 or 18. I still have one till this day in my closet that I wear on special, and rare occasions. Not the original mind you. I traded that hat away to a dancer at the Gentlemen’s Club in Reno. This was circa ’97 or ’98. I gave my black hat away for her pair of white lacy ankle-high socks. Worst trade I ever made. She wasn’t even a redhead.

I loved that hat. I was wearing that hat the night Frank Sinatra died. I’ll never forget. I was in North Beach down in the old stomping grounds at Gino and Carlo’s playing 9-ball when word came by. The bar’s mood went sullen to say the least. The jukebox played only Frank for the remainder of the night, and all the patrons shared their favorite Sinatra memories to one another. I’m sure I told everyone in the bar about the time Frank Sinatra kissed my Mother at least ten times over. The story didn’t get old — not that night.

Anywho, I just read some good news that ties my stories to the subjects at hand: Scorsese and Sinatra. Looks like Marty has signed on to produce and direct a new flick entitled, “Sinatra” sometime in the near future.

A Frank Sinatra film produced and directed by Martin Scorsese?
    Shit. You can bet I’ll be the first mook waiting in the line.

Seeing as the Bobby Darin tale has already been told, I guess Frank is next.

New thread is up.