(Preseason) Game Day! Go Ask Allas

Preseason game #2 on the docket today. The Dallas Cowboys roll into town, and this team should provide a little better benchmark on how our team looks. Speaking of Dockett we still won’t see him or Navorro Bowman play. But the line play without him was pretty good last week. Keep an eye peeled for Mike Purcell, as he had a very solid game last week.

Also, since this is the home opener, let’s all see if the turf holds up. I mean really, replacing the sod every 3 weeks doesn’t seem to give the grass a chance to root itself, but what do I know about lawns? I’ve only been mowing them for 48 years.

Keith Reaser is getting the start at CB, so take a look at him. He’s not huge at 5’10” and 190, but he ran a 4.32 40. Had he done that in the combine, he would only have trailed Dri Archer. He also did 22 reps at 225 lb so he’s strong. Looking forward to seeing him in game time action.

As for the rest? Well, I’d sure like to see much more of Kappy. He needs to get into the rhythm and flow of the game for a few series to heed his lessons. Hitting a play to Torrey Smith would be cool as well. Frankly, seeing the WRs get 5 catches with Kappy would be a good thing. Would love to see hyde break off some nice runs as well.

As far as the timing issues go, still a wait-and-see deal. It sure looks a lot better than the last 8 years of running the play clock to 0.5 or worse. . .

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

174 Responses to (Preseason) Game Day! Go Ask Allas

1. twinfan1 says:

Have you caught any interviews with Torrey ? A truly delightful man. If he plays as well he talks, we’re in for a treat.

12th Man says:
    August 23, 2015 at 8:30 am (Edit)
    Steve Logan breaking down playcalling. Very interesting:

12th, I moved this to today’s blog as it addresses what goes on during a given play. What is interesting about what went on with Harbaugh is the helmet cutoff at 15 seconds was filled with chatter. So, Kaopy (or Smith, or JTO, or T Smith, or Hill, or Carr, etc.) would START his calling of the play with 15 seconds left. Based on the info to convey to the team, that would take 8-10 seconds. Which would leave 5-7 seconds to get the team to the line and pick one of the pair (Let it roll, kill kill kill) of plays to run, and to hike the ball.

It’s not like the play is called when the clock cuts off. That’s when the call starts for Kappy to relay the call to the rest of the team. I can see why they had so many problems.

Hey Twin! Nice to see you here. Hope things are well with you and yours. Also hoping this offense shows some teeth.

Haven’t seen you much at the Flap. And no, I haven’t heard anything recently from Torrey Smith. I think he’s a great addition. A real deep threat. We just have to be able to get the ball to him. My son and I were watching the 2014 Ravens highlights, and Smith was catching a ton of balls. Looking forward to seeing them start hitting plays.

• twinfan1 says:

My hands sort of come and go. And remembering how Craig and I are both know-it-alls, it’s just a matter of time before we get into it again. I’m much happier thinking of him (and you and so many others) as the friends you’ve shown yourselves to be. I can kick ass at Baggarly’s blog 😉

Good to see you twin. I still wouldn’t expect too much playing time from our starters today. That should come next week. But it would be nice to see some cohesiveness between Kappy and our WR’s. I am more interested in both our lines.

Jordy Nelson with a torn ACL. Tough break for the Pack.

The best thing the NFL could do, if it was really interested in player safety, is to drop 2 preseason games, and keep the regular season at 16 games.

God forbid the owners do away with 2 meaningless full price games.

For this reason, with the turf issues we’re hearing about in SC, I’d simply work the ground game.
    Saw Jordy go down today, thought it was a twisted ankle actually.
    Looked pretty innocuous when it occurred but, that’s how easy it is, when the surface is soft or unstable too.

Work on the depth chart to determine who sticks and who goes in the first wave of cuts.

It will be a pleasure just to watch a Niner offense that just gets the plays off on time, and gives Kap some time to survey the field before snap. I can’t fathom how Harbs let that total BS complicated play calling crap go on. No wonder the offense was messed up. Call a play and execute it, or have time to do some simple audibles to something more effective given the D setup that Kap sees. Sheezus, Niners may be better offensively this season for that reason alone. Too bad the D will probably be challenged from the personnel losses…

I think the D will be OK. Not spectacular, but good enough. Scoring is the issue with this team.

I would be surprised to see either of them play in the preseason, NJ.

Hmmm, bakkenspitty poses a dilemma about the media calling Bradshaw dumb yet he won 4 super bowls. . Yeah, it wasn’t Franco or the defense

Bradshaw’s numbers for SB iX
    9-14 84 yards. 1 TDs O ints.
    They rushed for 250. Stunning job by Terry (KAT) Bradshaw.

X
    9-19 190 yards 2 TDs 0 picks

He broke 300 the next 2, but these early ones were about the run game and the defense.

Wondering what you guys thought of the Borland interview. I heard pieces of it and some things just don’t add up. If the dude wants to quit because he thinks football is too violent I’m not going to call him a pussy, that’s totally his call. But how did it take him so long to figure this out? He talks like a guy who has ALWAYS believed that football is too violent. He had a chance to quit at any point and he waits until he starts to get successful at the highest level before he has his *ah ha* moment and quits. There’s got to be something psychological going on there that I’m not smart enough to figure out.

Thought the same things Flavor.
      Sounds like he was conflicted at Wisconsin long before he arrived in SF.

I think he came to the realization that NFL players are far more ferocious than anything he faced in College perhaps?

In a word – Conflicted.

He was simply an undersized overachiever that likely found the Pro game a LOT more violent than he anticipated.

He spoke pretty eloquently about the Toradol practices at Wisconsin too.
        After seeing the Pro-grade drug policies, he likely didn’t take too well to those practices either.

Good read on the subject –

Haven’t heard it but I’ve read a lot of articles where he says he has been debating the whole thing for a long time. Even in college after his 2nd diagnosed concussion. He thinks that he’s had about 30 based on anecdotal information he gathered over the years.

thanks for the feedback guys. So where is that crazy dipshit who writes a thousand words a post? Is he banned again?
    I’m more interested in seeing how the turf holds up than what happens on it. This turf thing is blowing my mind. Get a fucking grass guy out there who knows what the fuck he is doing. It’s amazing to me that Jed builds the stadium but forgets to deal with shit like parking and turf. It’s the weirdest-assed tunnel vision on a project I’ve ever seen…..

• 12th Man says:

Game day and for once the field at Levi will be in better condition after the game than before it due to the huge pile of Cowboy shit being dumped on it.

So long as we come out of this matchup healthy, I could care less what happens on the scoreboard.

This turf concerns me.
        Just plant a few Cowpatties on it and call it a night.

I’ve got the DVR humming for this one, as duty calls tonight.
        I’ll watch the results tomorrow.

Appears as though Jordy wasn’t the only significant injury in Pittsburgh today.
    Pouncey reported to need ankle surgery as well.

Yeah the field issues are pretty stupid. They apparently got a different sod company.

Like that dude just said, they are doing a ton of concerts, truck things, and all kinds of shit on that field besides football.

Looks good now.

Romo is playing . . .

A Bowman sighting!

OK take him out.

Nice deal there. Bowman makes a diff, eh? Pittsburgh took a few injuries today.

Getting to the line so fast!!

If they keep this up, they won’t have a delay of game all year long

Hey! Hows the crowd?

Nice drive. Hope they keep Kappy in.

24. Berger says:

I think we found a punt returner!

The Punt Returner from Down Under 😀

No shit. He’s getting 20 yards a touch. This guy’s outpunting his coverage,

Kappy made one nice adjustment on the pass to Hyde. Not so much on the sack. Good D on the pass to T Smith.

When your punt returner gets you to the 50 yard line consistently you had better score!!

Good to see Dockett and Bownman on the field. D looks pretty solid so far.

Channelling Harbaugh there.

30. Berger says:

O-line looks good. Not great, but much better than last year.

Nice run blocking for the most part.

32. Berger says:

Not sold on the passing game. New coaches, new WRs, new plays, it could take a few more outings. I hope that’s all it is.

33. Berger says:

Dial blew up the double team on a stunt and Harold put on the quicks inside. Sack by Harold and Dial. Nice! Lemoneir fell on the ground on the play. Lemoneir had a pressure. If he would have got up field better on his rush he would have had a sack. He does look a lot more physical this year than last. Needs to learn to shed.

34. Berger says:

Our pas blocking is not as good this week as last.

35. rob says:

I’m going going to be watching Thomas and acker the most. IMO pears and wright are our weakest links. I’m hoping for guys like acker and Johnson to win the starting CB spots and guys like Thomas and brown to win spots on the right side of our O-line.

36. Berger says:

Great pressure by Armstead creates Int fot NT Purcell who takes it to the house. I really like Armstead. Looks like a great pick so far!

37. Berger says:

Armstead takes an inside pressure and the running play goes by him on the outside. Can’t say he did wrong or if a LB should have been there.

They need to tighten up the run D. But otherwise playing very good defense

39. Berger says:

Two other new guys I really like are McCray and Tartt. Both look good on D and special teams.

Not seeing much of a passing game?

Until the receiver decided to run backwards

42. Berger says:

Patton was trying to do much. I’m glad he made that mistake in preseason.

43. Berger says:

Nice catch by Cowboys WR AJ Jenkins over the middle! Anybody remember Harbaugh ridiculing the media for questioning if he was a good player?

2nd string O line is pretty bad.

would like to see quicker passes. Like that.

Cool thing to see is a full compliment of timeouts with under 2 minutes to go.

2nd hold on Celek. Bleh.

Cactus internet went out before the game, so I missed most of the first half. Came back just in time to catch Purcell’s pick-6. Awesome.

Reminiscent of Michael Carter in the playoffs vs against the redskins.

Rumblin’ Bumblin’ and Stumblin’ Chuck.
      Loved Michael Carter.
      One of favorite plays from the Defensive memory banks.
      Loved Lee Woodall (aka Evander Holyfield stunt double) vs Bills (?) too.
      MNF perhaps?
      90+ yd TD off a fumble caused by Plummer I believe?

Eons ago.
      I can’t recall what I ate for dinner last night.

49. Berger says:

Overall, I like what I see. Passing game needs work. Still too early to really tell anything for sure except Jerod Hayne can return punts. He runs too high but who cares, he gets the job done!

50. Berger says:

A friend of mine just had her son, Keith Smith, tackle Gabbert for a loss on 3rd down.

51. Berger says:

Hayne on the loose again. It looks funny watching him run straight up.

• rtfirefly says:

In response to my lauding him, Spitty and NF responded that they’re convinced he won’t make it, at least as a RB. So that’s increased my rooting for him 10x.

• Berger says:

I would imagine he runs straight up because in rugby they don’t wear helmets. Don’t want to knocks heads without a helmet. He’s going to take some big hits if he doesn’t get lower.

• rtfirefly says:

Spitty notes his H.S. and college experience playing football and rugby for believing Hayne’s body won’t hold up in the NFL. OK, I think that’s valid. But Hayne’s already one of the fastest players in the league, and he won the award for the best rugby player in the world – not just any old rugby player. I think he makes it, and he’s the greased lightning I’d hoped for the last couple years.

I don’t have the visual at this point.
    How’s the field holding up?

• rtfirefly says:

It looks good, NJ. Blame it on the drought.

Thanks RT – I’ll watch the replay tomorrow
        Just can’t fathom all the replants this early in the Season.
        Seems to me the athletes that call the place their office should have the perfect ‘carpet’ to ply their trade without fear of career suicide.

• Berger says:

So far, so good. Announcers are saying it is holding up well.

Where’s George Toma these days?
        Wasn’t he the guru du jour for playing fields?

• Berger says:

He filled the soggy turf with cat litter and painted it green for the Catch game.

Not much you could do with a field below sea level is there?
        For that reason, SF was a doomed venue in terms of playing surface.
        Have to assume SC is better situated for grass no?

• Berger says:

The Candlestick field was actually 13 feet above sea level. John Madden was wrong. The problem was there was a Rolling Stones concert there after a heavy rain.

53. rob says:

Looking at my Michael Carter 8×10 autograph rite now. One of my top 5 favorite niners ever !!!

54. Berger says:

Sure is a big crowd for a preseason game. I heard it is 61,000. Looks like the fans still like their 49ers!

55. Berger says:

Tartt just made a huge hit on AJ Jenkins. Refs missed a major offensive holding call.

56. Berger says:

I was telling Rob to keep an eye on Marcus Rush. He just got a sack!

• Berger says:

I need to see that play again. I think I saw Armstead take on a double and blow up the front of the pocket on Rush’s sack. He definitely blew up the front of the pocket. My question is did he push one or two blockers backward? Either way, it was impressive.

57. Berger says:

Patton with a blocked punt and a TD!

58. Berger says:

Armstead is commanding a lot of double teams. He has been in a long time and still pushing blockers back. Rush just had the QB wrapped again.

I like the numbers I’m seeing for Pinion too.
    Kid has a leg and, he’s doing double duty for KO and Punts.
    Impressive.

So, now I’m seeing 70 KOs from Acosta too?
    Are we looking at a Phil Dawson controversy brewing?

Dawson’s strictly the FG kicker. Pinion’s the KO guy now.

I’ll start a vicious rumor then Chuck.
      Acosta and Pinion are WAAAAY cheaper.

Nothing like a little controversy here in blogland 😀

I smell another Baalke Trade brewing.
      Kickers are people too.
      Maybe not Dawson, simply because of his Contract value but, Acosta might have some value?

Golden Showers with the TD pass for the ‘Boys

63. Grumpy Guy says:

If only we could play Dallas every week.

In spite of the garbage time TD to make it look better, Big D sucks Big Time.

Still concerned though. 10 first downs and 191 yards offense won’t get it done against a real NFL team.

8/54 rushing, 3/84 returning for Hayne.

• Grumpy Guy says:

He’s been the best thing about the first two exhibitions, along with Purcell.

IMO he will not make it to the practice squad after what we’ve seen. I think we either keep him on the 53 or we lose him. I’d seriously consider him as our featured return guy.

65. Berger says:

Somewhere around the 5:20 mark left on the clock, the announcers were talking about the offense. Tim Ryan said that obviously the offense was in disarray last year for various reasons. I think I might have mentioned that a time or two!

I’m still not reading much into this game. But, hayne looks like a keeper for sure.
    Yeah grump, pounding Dallas even in a PS game is mighty fun to watch

67. Grumpy Guy says:

Lots of things went wrong last year. Question is, is it fixed? Other question, will our young CBs step up and hold up their end in pass D? No way to tell with either until we have three or four real games in. The O-line was a personnel merry-go-round last year which hurt a lot. Hopefully we don’t get hit with a rash of injuries again this season.

68. Grumpy Guy says:

Having lived through 1972, anything bad happening to Dallas is music to my ears. I’d even chuckle with glee if they got food poisoning on the flight home. Fuck Dallas with a chainsaw.

69. Berger says:

The game is over and the field looks great.

I have no problem with Hayne as the PR/KR/ST guy. He was inside guy on kickoffs and blew down the field to get initial pressure.

71. Berger says:

The score does not matter too much but all in all we looked a lot better than most people expected.

Yeah, the Arizona grass held up better. One less thing for the revisionist com simps to bitch about.

Awesome to see Bowman in and making plays. 3 plays, 3 tackles, 2 tackles for loss.Seeing Dockett out there was good as well.

Coming out healthy is all that matters to me.
    Nice to have some tough decisions prior to cuts as well.

I’ve only been able to read PbP via ESPN but the bottom line looks like plenty of youth got time to show something.
    Guessing Cromartie won’t stick?
    LJ and Tartt are the future behind Bethea too.
    Dahl going bye-bye?

Del? Any input on Craig Dahl 😀

Grumpy, eff Dallas with an ICBM or a Tomahawk missile.
    I hate Jerruh and his merry bunch of henchmen.
    Flaming douche.

75. zumiee says:

The parts of the game I saw, Niners looked pretty good. It was a respectable showing.

Funny, Nofear has resorted to lying about Kappy’s stats to make his points about him look valid.

NoFear:
    2011 – 93.43
    2012 – 72.21
    2013 – 68.64
    2014 – 55.86

Reality:
    2011 – 81.3 (espn rating – 75.2)
    2012 – 98.3 (69.0)
    2013 – 91.6 (65.9)
    2014 – 86.4 (60.2)

Not sure who’s ass he pulled those numbers out of.

• rtfirefly says:

When I posted that Kap’s career QBR was over 90, I wasn’t making it up. I based it on that second set of figures which I already knew.

Do you think Jonathan Martin will make the HOF? I highly doubt he would even make the ’70s Steelers, except maybe their 1-13 year.

• rtfirefly says:

NF’s are likely the ESPN ratings which are much lower than the NFL’s for all QBs. 72 is Pro Bowl level or better. Terry Bradshaw’s early years would be negative.

Does Purcell steal TJ-E’s roster spot?
    Gaskins won’t stick around unless he’s brought back for the PS I’d guess.

Purcell’s looking real good so far against the starters for the other guys. The whole D line is looking solid. Not surprisingly.

They could stash Okoye perhaps another PS attempt perhaps?
      Not sure about his eligibility factor but, Purcell wouldn’t clear waivers IMO.
      We have another NT, Garrison Smith from UGA that could make it back if waived.

VMcD could be in trouble if Grimble is looking better.
      Don’t think they’ll expose Busta either.
      Comes down to Celek or VMcD for me.
      Both guys have had problems staying healthy.
      VD is in a walk year, they need to retain some youth there.

Bell certainly won’t have a problem as he’s a project that could serve as an E-QB if needed.
        He’s got some versatility going for him.
        Good hands and good size, just extremely raw at this point.

Watching the game now. 2 things:
    1) Bowman is back! He was in on all three first plays of the game he played.
    2) HAYNE IS INSANE

(If I keep this up, soon I’ll be writing like Rob…)

• rtfirefly says:

Or should I have written, “ROBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I’ve been poking around the WWW for some help with Aussie terms we might use for Hayne myself RT.

Found an interesting term called Willy-Willy which is defined as a small tornado.
      Not bad, so far, I’d call that a ‘Beaut’ for our budding PR star 😀

• rtfirefly says:

When I read “PR”, I thought you meant “Public Relations”. There were 20 Aussie reporters at the game.

Good point RT.
        Should have spelled it out.
        Getting lazier by the hour tonight 😀

Looking forward to watching the action later today.
        Gotta admit I’m pretty impressed with the ST numbers.
        Pinion kicking the snot out of the ball at both positions is impressive.
        He’ll save Dawson’s leg by handling the KO duties, which can’t hurt as the season wears on.

Seems he’s being referred to as ‘The Hayne Plane’ by a Sports writer in his native Australia –
    We can do better than that can’t we?

“Hayne Plane takes off in NFL”

Great post game interview with Bowman too.
    Class guy.

Glad to see he’s feeling confident while still being cautious.
    Gotta hand it to him, he’s worked extremely hard to return.

Loves the game enough to tolerate the pain.
    Wanted to ‘give back to the fans’ at the home opener.
    Can’t say enough good things about the Man.
    Inspiration for the locker room too I’m sure.

RT, No matter? It does matter that you attribute things to me that I didn’t say and Chuck, the little bitch that he is, calls what he doesn’t like lying. It doesn’t “matter” because any fucking clueless idiot can say whatever the fuck they feel like saying without having to answer for their slanders or even face the one they slander. Spineless little fucks.

as far as Hayne the RB topic:
    RTFirefly says:
    August 18, 2015 at 10:32 pm
    I find it hard to believe that the best rugby player in the world can’t take the physicality of the NFL, but hey, we’ll see, eh?

NoFear49er says:
    August 18, 2015 at 10:53 pm
    Big difference in tackling and helmet-to-the-knee/hip/ribs hits.

• rtfirefly says:

Your comment directly follows Spitty’s post on “physicality”, did it not? In which case, it simply appears as if you are agreeing completely with him. Context is everything. It sure appears like you wrote what I today wrote, and in any case, I replied earlier that apparently it was my mistake. You seem to have neglected my retraction in this statement, as well as Spitty’s intermediate statement. I don’t care one way or another, but let’s be accurate.

Gents…Please
    Lots to dissect/analyze/debate, and quibble over, as we turn over another new chapter of 9er football.
    We’re better than this childish sh!t, are we not?

Let’s keep an open mind and see where we go this year in Santa Clara.
    It’s been a rough off season.
    On that, we can all agree.

How about our Service Men on the train in Paris the other day?
    Amazing.
    France awarded them with the Legion of Honor for minimizing a potential disaster in yet another terrorist attack effort on civilians.

USA!

FYI: The petition I posted for support of SFC Martland had a goal of 3,000 signatures. The last I checked it was over 15,000 in less than three days. So thanks if you helped.

Indeed NoFear49er.
      Enough is enough with the Politics IMO.
      The Man did what anyone of us would have done if presented with the same situation.

What’s even more bizarre was, coming home from Nashville last week.
    Coming through VA we were following a minivan straddling 2 lanes of traffic for miles, holding up the flow on the Interstate.
    Truckers, cars, you name it.
    No one was able to safely pass the moron, for quite a few miles for fear of being run off the road.
    When the congestion was finally able to get around the dork one by one, I was able to see that there were Diplomatic plates on the vehicle.
    I’ll call him Middle Eastern by appearance as we flipped him off on the way by, (as I’m sure everyone else did that got by him).

By comparison to the SFC Martland situation, if this douche had caused a major pileup, and killed or injured any US Citizens, because he obviously couldn’t drive, he’d have been protected from prosecution, simply because of the Diplomatic Immunity provisions we provide to him.

Have I mentioned recently how much I despise Politics?

Yeah I despise politics too. As for last nights game the Rugby guy saves the game for me. These practice games should be banned. What a rip-off! One may as well watch paint dry.

Injuries keep piling up around the league in practice games.

89. Berger says:

We still have much to work on but it was nice to watch a 49er team that did not look discombobulated like last years team!

90. 12th Man says:

No two ways about it, the logistics of the O getting to the line are a huge improvement.

Then what are those numbers, nofear? I’ve posted the 2 different QBRs and they in no way come close to yours. Making shit up doesn’t fly either.

Whose rating system are you using?

Wow. Aren’t we the sensitive little pup? Poor nofear can bitch and moan but can’t take a little heat. Sorry, pal.

Again, where did these numbers come from? You didn’t attribute then to any source. rhe 2 QBRs I cited are the ones used by everyone citing QB stats.

93. Berger says:

The cancer site could very well be called the Kap haters club. The irony is they formed their bond over Harby being fired. They seem to forget that Kap was his hand picked QB from before the draft. He personally came to Reno to work him out and then moved up in the draft to get him. Kap was going to be Harby’s QB as long as he was the coach. Now they are in unity over hating Harby’s QB.

They can’t be too happy that the 49ers won yesterday, even though it was a meaningless game. One of the three stooges is even posting numbers about Kap that nobody knows where they came from. More than likely they came from their Bible, Pro Football Focus. The site people use who don’t know what they are watching so they trust some numbers that are often misleading instead.

Hey, Kappy found his 2nd read on the 3rd down pass to Hyde. He woulda had the TD but for a nice defensive play. All in all, about what you’d want to see. The run game worked fine, and the blocking was decent. Well the pass pro was sub-par, but they are working on things. It certainly is better than last year.

The D was solid again, but it’s hard to gauge as Dallas didn’t play many of their starters.

Bullit once again proves how stupid he is by holding a rookie (Arminstead) to the standard of Justin Smith. Hmmm. Justin didn’t pursue on a play away from him. In his 2nd game as a pro. Failure. Like Bakkenspitty says, all we need to do is draft another Joe, another Patrick, and another Jerry, and we’l be fine.

If ifs were fifths, we’d all be drunk.

• Berger says:

I like that saying! I’m going to start using it! “If ifs were fifths, we’d all be drunk.”

• Berger says:

I saw a lot of hustle from Armstead. He did look gassed. I expect that at this point. Being held accountable by the dumb ass North Korea is like being held accountable by Dumb and Dumber. Reading what Bullit (sic) says is tantamount to voluntarily killing brain calls.

• 12th Man says:

Why do you? You and Chuck (mostly Chuck) continue this back and forth with people on the other blog with readers here having no clue what you are talking about.

Killing brain cells is right.

Football season is right around the corner. Bickering is all well and good when there is nothing substantive to talk about but seems more like folly now we finally have some football.

Speaking of which, if Hayne makes the 53 does Hunter get cut?

• Berger says:

Rob was explaining that site to me yesterday and it really made sense. He said nobody wants to see a train wreck but it is hard to not watch. I will add that having the one and only North Koran court jester makes it even more entertaining than a train wreck. It just makes one feel smart if you go there read something. Especially something from Bullit (sic).

• 12th Man says:

I guess. Life’s too short for me to waste the time and energy but each to his own.

That blog needs a disclaimer “For entertainment purposes only”, its the TMZ of football blogs. All fake crises and drama. Not my cup of tea.

96. Berger says:

Bullit (sic) is so North Korean out of touch he was breaking down time of possession last week. I imagine the cancer site just cant wait until he reports from Pro Football Focus.

97. 12th Man says:

Armstead had the third most reps on D. For a rookie that wasn’t allowed in camp they are really pushing him to get into NFL game shape. Not surprising he gets gassed and misses an assignment or two.
    I think he is showing a lot of promise.

98. 12th Man says:

I like how they are limiting the vets coming back from injury and going with careful reps on other vets. In the past it looked like players were needlessly exposed to too much before the games started for real. No real injuries so far this year, a big departure from the past.
    Time will tell if the strategy works once games begin and we can see if those guys are rusty or unfit but I like that at least we will see them play.