Far be it from me to spread rumors, but there’s nothing else to talk about, short of the local baseball team’s inability to beat up on their brethren of the NL West. Four series with AZ, Colo, and SD netted one series win, and a 5-9 record. Subpar  pitching and the usual anemic hitting has led to the state of that team.

The 49ers? Well, they have a better chance of getting better in the short term as the NFL draft is a lot more immediate and impactful than the baseball draft. And with that comes the news from Peter King that the 49ers are “antsy” to trade out of the #2 spot. So are the Bears apparently, but we are 2, so we get the better return. As a side note, the vaporous nature of the Mitch Trubiscuit rise up the draft board is a great thing for the 49ers as the fact they are willing to trade out means they don’t want to take that shot.  Huzzah. Next year’s class is deeper in QBs, and the stand to get Kurt Cousins from the suddenly discombobulated Redskins at a reduced rate. Snyder may try to sign Cousins long-term, but his actions in recent memory make me think he wants to hang with Shanny rather than Gruden.

Cleveland stands to make the move to get MT with their 12th pick (and more) as bait for the 49ers, thus guaranteeing they get their guy. Thing is, the Bears might just be trying to deke the Browns into not making a deal so they can draft Trubisky.  Or they could sweeten the deal that we offer in order to get the 3rd pick if they feel we won’t draft him(we won’t). Who knows? There are still a ton of possibilities, but I think we trade out. Lynch and Shanahan are looking to make immediate progress and this is a way to get more oicks to stock the team. Short of getting Garrett, trading out is the right idea. And we are hopefully looking at Corey Davis or Mike Williams to add to the anemic WR corps. The 49ers haven’t had a legit threat since, oh the Terrell Owens days.  I don’t care who’s throwing to him at this point, just that we have a bona fide weapon.

59 Responses to Antsy

Well…if it helps pass the time, I’ll share my offseason ‘busy work’ for those that care to partake.
    TE Group –
    Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech 6’6″/257 (4.57) (39″ Vert) (133 REC/1,747 YDS/20 TDS)
    Evan Engram TE Ole Miss 6’3″/234 (4.42)(WR?) (36″ Vert) (162 REC/2,320/15 TDS)
    Eric Saubert TE Drake 6’5″/253 (33″ Vert) (190 REC/2,253/21 TDS)
    Michael Roberts TE Toledo 6’4″/261 (4.86) (70 REC/832 YDS/22 TDS)(80-3/4″ Wingspan / 11-5/8″ Hands)
    Adam Shaheen TE Ashland 6’6″/278 (4.79) (32.5″ Vert) (129 REC/1,755 YDS/26 TDS)

DE Group –
    Solomon Thomas DE Stanford 6’3″/273 (4.69) (1.66 Split/30 Reps/33″ Arms)
    Taco Charlton DE Michigan 6’6″/277 (4.92) (1.73 Split/25 Reps/34.25″ Arms)
    Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova 6’7″/289 (4.83) (1.69 Split/23 Reps/35-5/8″ Arms) (22 Sacks)
    Takkarist McKinley DE UCLA 6’2″/250 (4.59) (1.61 Split/24 Reps/34.75″ Arms)
    Daeshon Hall DE TAMU 6’5″/266 (4.76) (1.67 Split/36″ Vert/35-5/8″ Arms)

OLB Group
    Tarell Basham OLB/DE Ohio 6’4″/269 (4.70) (1.61 Split/34.25″ Arms)
    Trey Hendrickson OLB/DE FAU 6’4″/266 (4.65) (1.59 Split)
    Charles Harris OLB/DE Missouri 6’3″/255 (4.82) (1.65 Split/21 Reps)
    Derek Rivers OLB/DE Youngstown St 6’4″/248 (4.61/1.61Split/30Reps/35Vert)
    Jordan Willis OLB/DE K-State 6’4″/255 (4.53) (1.54 Split/24 Reps/39″ Vert)

ILB Group –
    Reuben Foster ILB Alabama 6’1″/236 (222TKLs/8Sacks/11PBUs)
    Haason Reddick OLB (ILB) Temple 6’1″/237 (4.52) (148TKLs/18Sacks/6 PBUs/1.59Split)
    Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State 6’2″/240 (4.61) (275TKLs/9PBUs/1.55Split)
    Zach Cunningham ILB Vandy 6’3″/234 (4.67) (295TKLs/8PBUs/1.56Split/
    Marquel Lee ILB Wake Forest 6’3″/240 (291TKLs)
    Anthony Walker Jr. ILB Northwestern 6’1″/238 (4.65) (278TKLs/12PBUs)

Safety Group –
    Josh Jones FS/SS NC State 6’1″/220 (4.41) (228TKLs/17 PBUs/8 INTs/37.5Vert/20 Reps)
    Marcus Williams FS Utah 6’1″/202 (189TKLs/8 PBUs/11 INTs/43.5Vert)
    Malik Hooker FS Ohio State 6’1″/206 (84TKLs/4 PBUs/7 INTs)
    Obi Melifonwu FS UCONN 6’4″/224 (4.40) (351TKLs/16 PBUs/8 INTs/44Vert)
    Rayshawn Jenkins FS Miami 6’1″/214 (201TKLs/19 PBUs/9 INTs)(37Vert)

Jamal Adams SS LSU 6’0″/214 (4.56) (209 TKLs/15 PBUs/5 INTs)
    Jabrill Peppers SS Michigan 5’11″/213 (4.46) (1.53Split)
    Josh Harvey-Clemons SS Louisville 6’4″/217 (228TKLs/11 PBUs/4 INTs)(35-3/8Arms)
    Montae Nicholson SS Michigan State 6’2″/212 (4.43) (200TKLs/4PBUs/4INTs/35Vert)

Late RD/S-Teams Group –
    Late RD/S-T
    Dylan Cole OLB Missouri State 6’1″/240 (ILB?) (454TKLs)
    Jordan Herdman ILB Simon Fraser 6’2″/235 (428TKLs/11PBUs)
    Connor Harris ILB Lindenwood 5’11″/242 (4.73) (633 TKLs/14PBUs/6INTs)

Conversion Candidates –
    Aviante Collins OT to OG/C TCU 6’4″/295 (4.79) (1.69 Split/34 Reps)
    Jonnu Smith TE to FB FL Intl 6’3″/248 (4.62) (178 Recs/2001YDs)(22 Reps/38Vert)
    Jimmie Gilbert OLB to DE Colorado 6’5″/230 (127 TKLs/20 Sacks/3 PBUs)
    Keith Kelsey OLB to ILB Louisville 6’0″/233 (311 TKLs/10 PBUs)

Risk/Reward –
    Garett Bolles OT/OG Utah 6’5″/297 (4.95) (1.71 Split/7.29 3-Cone) (34″ Arms)

Brendan Langley CB Lamar 6’0″/201 (4.43) (22 Reps/35.5″ Vert)(80 TKLs/21 PBUs/7 INTs)
    Jessamen Dunker OG Tennessee State 6’4″/318 (4.99) (1.80 Split/23 Reps/33.5″Arms)
    Danny Isidora OG Miami 6’3″/306 (5.02) (1.73 Split/26 Reps/33″Arms)
    Taywan Taylor WR (Slot) W Kentucky 5’11″/203 (4.48) (1.62 Split/6.57 3-Cone) (253 Rec/4234 YDs) (41TDs)
    Jhajuan Seales WR (Slot/KR) OK State 6’1″/206 (4.37) (41.5″ Vert) (112 Rec/1785 YDs/12 TDs)
    Ben Gedeon ILB Michigan 6’2″/24 (4.75) (6.98 3-Cone/34.5″ Vert/27 Reps) (176TKLs/21 TFL/6.5 Sacks)

Left some ‘moderation’ work for you Chuck – Thx.

Berger here’s my finished QB List – See whether Mitchell T is on Shanny’s radar next week –

QB Group –
    Zach Terrell QB WMU 6’1″/204 (908 COMP/12,088YDS/65.5%)
    Davis Webb QB California 6’5″/229 (841 COMP/9,852YDS/61.5%)
    Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech 6’2″/225 (857 COMP/11,25YDS/63.5%)
    Sefo Liufau QB Colorado 6’3″/232 (870 COMP/9,568YDS/62.9%)
    Deshone Kizer QB ND 6’4″/233 (423 COMP/6,329YDS/60.8%)

• Berger says:

Any list that has Zach Terrell over Trubisky can’t be worth reading. Sorry NJ, this is a joke.

I’m not listing these guys in any particular order, though I would like Terrell AND Corey Davis to be reunited as Pros in SF.
        My thinking is that Trubiski will go high Berger.
        I’m simply suggesting that there are better valued options on Defense this year.
        My Group is where I’d shop for those that could be had beyond RD1.
        If Shanny feels Mitchell T is the long term solution, I’d prefer to see us Trade back and get him after Pick 2.

• Berger says:

Isn’t Cory Davis injured and can’t play until mid summer?

Not sure about Corey’s health.
        He had ankle surgery which caused him to miss the Combines.
        Last I’d read, it was considered a minor procedure and he was expected to be ready for minicamps.
        How he’s coming along in his recovery at this point? I don’t know.

All I’ve seen of him at WMU makes me think ‘T.O.’
        Kid doesn’t quit.

He’s likely going to go somewhere in the Top 15-20 next week.

Think I got them out nj.

No news? Well here’s Frank Zappa and little Stevie Vai jamming

Didn’t hear about the ankle injury to Corey Davis. I knew about the shoulder injury. Thx Bergs.

Berger this piece suggests he should be ready already –

15. Berger says:

Wouldn’t that be the perfect irony. The 49ers draft Cory Davis and his torn ligaments. That should go over well here.

Anyone making sense out of this draft and not getting a pay check should be admired. After the first pick there’s no clear candidate for the number two draft pick. Of course the Niners have the second pick and really no one knows who is likely to be picked. Perhaps the Niners will trade down if they can. Still who is worthy of the second pick?

In case you didn’t hear it, Aaron Hernandez, former NFL star TE and all around bad guy killed himself in prison last night. Talk about a fall from grace. I hear Dallas still wants to sign him, though.

I find it odd that you defend the practice of drafting ACL guys Bergs, which this isn’t one, but whatever. the strategy was pretty much a failure.

• Berger says:

I find the practice of drafting injured players a non issue. Players who don’t have injuries bust at over 50%. I think taking a chance on a player at a lower slot and having to wait a year as OK if you don’t overdo it. We took 7 in in about 5 years. Most were middle and late rounds. I’m good with that. I was just being sarcastic because this site has gone spastic on the practice. I guess when a team losses fans are looking for any answers.

My problem with Davis is not his multiple injuries, it is that the scouting reports say he drops a lot of balls. We have a 270 lb slot receiver who can do that.

There’s no clear candidate for the #1 pick, Nip. If you believe the blather.

I hope against all hope that Cleve take Biscuit. We’ll find out in 8 days.

I guess Cleveland has second thoughts about Miles Garrett. If he’s available do the Niners take this guy?

And in other news, the 49ers signed one-time Monty Python guy Terry Gilliam to a one-year deal.

Sorry, I’m being told it is RT Garry Gilliam, from the Seahawks.

Bumgarner hurt on a dirt bike. He hurt his left shoulder. Some kind of sprain. It’s just one of those crap seasons so far for the Giants. This happy news is from KNBR 680 Your Sports Leader!

heh heh. this Giants season is shaping up to be a disaster. Bochy may not make it through the seaosn.

Some seasons are just that way. Too many accidents, injuries, and bad performing players. A lot has to go right to have a good season.

Bum’s gone at least two months and probably longer. May as well develop the younger players if it turns out that type of season.

One can only hope, Nip. Old man Span and Gorky are the worst possible guys out there. Bochy has to at least put Nunez as leadoff guy. Span is doing nothing atleadoff

Yeah that Span is too damn old to be playing CF. My god what were the Giants thinking? Gorky is a pure dud at the MLB level of play. He should be outside scalping tickets somewhere. The whole team is too soft and prone to slumps or opportunities to fail or get injured.

23. Berger says:

24. Berger says:

Bisky de True! That is Trubisky in Spanish! We will have him as our quarterback de franchise if Land de Cleve passes on him!!!.

25. Berger says:

I would love to have the pass rusher if Cleveland passes on Trubisky but I would rather have Trubisky! He will be the best QB in football under Shanahan. Of course, it will take a few years. His quick release reminds me of Dan Marino. Except Trubisky is very athletic and reads defenses well in only 13 college games. I absolutely love all of the records he broke in only 13 games. In only 13 games he is the best QB. Fact. There is no QB available next year better than Trubisky. I hope Cleveland passes. but if they do Garret is a great Consolation. Do not trade down unless you are stupid. There are only two best players above all the rest and we will get one of them.

26. Berger says:

Did anybody watch the film. it looked like Gruden fell in love with Trubisky! His interviews were very humble as opposed to the Terrell Owens type interviews of Kiser. Bisky de True!!!

27. Berger says:

I can’t wait for the draft. If we don’t land Trubisky or Garret I’ll be wondering just who did Jed hire. I might just forget football. Dicks without balls trade down and suck on lollipops while others win.

28. Berger says:

Rob is envious Berger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answers coming 4½ Days :-D.

Lol. I honestly think we could get Trubisky if we traded down to around 12.-18. But if we did that I am still not sure that we would take him. But I do want to go offense unless we get a shot at Garret. BWTFDIK, I am never right about this shit.

Fell off the wagon didja, Bergs?

Name a QB with so little experience that has done well.

Niners picking a QB so high? I think not. Too many other needs.

Niners will pick a defensive guy if they keep the pick or else trade down for more picks. That’s the smart thing to do.

I prefer Great Basin, Bergs. And anhyone but Falsebiscuit,

Really? Picking a QB in the first round? Can anyone be that stupid? The answer is YES! It’s all been done before. Will Cleveland be that soft-headed and will the Niners benefit?

35. Berger says:

I hope the 49ers are “stupid” and take Trubisky with #2 like Ian Rappaport is reporting. Maiocco just published an article suggesting that is what is going to happen. I hope Cleveland takes Garret so we can get our QB! If the top 3 teams picking are all talking about taking this QB there must be a lot of “stupid” going on. We should always trust bloggers and mockers more that the actual people paid to make decisions. At least that is what I am hearing here.

• Winder says:

tru dat, wtf do all those mockers and bloggers know anyway. My guess is not much. But, there is so much bullshit flying around that it’s hard to tell anything. We shall see soon enough what the GM’s around the league think. But that might not be a good indicator either since people like Baalky have and had that title. Anyfuckingway, I still hope we can start to fix our offense this year.

• Winder says:

As a sidenote, I think we get cousins next year and we are gonna pay him the big bucks so I really doubt we go Trubisky with our 1st pick. And I hope Cleveland trades for our 1st pick. I still think that would be the way to go.

I think it’s entirely possible, Winder. Cleve is the only team that is in desperation mode re: Biscuit.

If they don’t go ahead and pick him with the 1 anyway. If I was them, that would be my gambit. Getting Garrett and Biscuit wouldn’t be a bad haul for Cleve. As long as we get a lot in return for the 2nd pick.

37. 12th Man says:

Baalke is almost last over 5 year period as a GM. There is no doubt he was inept. Not sure when 3rd round picks became mid to late but leaving out his all injured warriors picks that busted at a rate of 90%, he was flat out lousy.

Yeah, NFL Network did a show on the worst drafts ever, and Baalke’s 2012 was near the top.

New thread is up .