Game Day! Niners vs Allas

Until the Cowpokes find their D they will be known as allas this season. For all the recent bullshit. today’s the day the rubber meets the road. Game on. Game one. Screw everything else about all the distractions and arrests. Go out and hit somebody.

And, I’ll tell you this, Harbaugh and company have gone to great lengths to create the perfect ‘us vs them’ mentality.

Go, Niners. 31-10 good guys.

160 Responses to Game Day! Niners vs Allas

No different than PFT throwing up a headline that starts with ‘REPORT’ – Blah,Blah Blah…..
    Always a ‘report’ when unnammed sources provide the story they want to sell.

It’s basically called FICTION and, made up by the writer to grab traffic and start a rumor.

As for the results today,
    Homer wore stripes, and a whistle and, threw yellow laundry at us while tightening his line with Vegas.
    Complete and udder BS from several guys on that crew.
    I like your assessment NoFear49er, beat his A$$ in the parking lot after the game.

I so wanted to stop Promo’s TD pass streak today too.
    But, I guess you can give him one for the 3 Picks he gave to our D.

And Spit, how’d you like to work for Jerruh as a HC? Money can only buy so much.
    He can screw the pooch on Draft Day forever and, put all the blame on the HC.
    All the while being a completely clueless GM-wannabe because he owns the show, or circus as it were.
    Even his miserable Cowbaby Fans sold out to the 9er Fans today, to spare themselves the embarrassment of watching the charade he trots out there as America’s Team.
    P.T. Barnum-Jones.

Had Baalke not provided the roster depth to Jim and Vic this game could’ve been much different.

Kudos also, to Harbaugh et al, for giving Looney the start he worked to earn this Summer too.

utter – not udder, even though it goes with a Cow.

• Spitblood says:

I don’t want to work for Jerry as his head coach – I want to work for him as his GM. First thing I’d do is hire Greg Schiano and Mike Singletary as head coach and assistant head coach. I don’t care which one’s which. We’d pick a name out of the hat. And I wouldn’t care about wins. Then I’d trade Tony Romo to the Raiders for a 4th round pick. I’d trade Dez Bryant for a 1st to the Browns, and Murray for a second to whomever. Then I’d dump the entire O line Jerry has worked so hard to create and I’d build the greatest defensive front seven ever, and the greatest O line ever. And no, not a single offensive lineman currently on the team would make my roster. I’d gut the entire roster and hold a try-out alla Mark Walhberg in “Invincible” for anyone who wanted to be a Cowboy. Then Greg and Mike would kill ’em all in training camp. I’d tell Jerry the fine Pete Carroll just got for making training camp excessively tough would be a drop in the bucket compared to the fines I was ordering Greg and Mike to rack up. The players would see Jesus. Then I’d take the country out of the club at the Dallas practice facility (or the club out of the country). There would be no ritz. No gold. No girls. And hey, if you didn’t want to play there, we’ll let you leave. Request a trade?… Trade Granted (and challenge accepted).

After I had the toughest God damn O line and front 7 ever put together in football, I’d start drafting skill position players. My quarterback would be graded on one thing – composure in clutch situations. The wide receivers, running backs and corner backs wouldn’t need to be great because the core of the team would be so good. Then Jerry would fire me and try to take credit for everything. But I’d know…

Pretty much sums it up, πŸ˜€
        Jerruh is a clown.
        It’s good to The King I guess.
        A clueless twit with a face for radio, and always looking for the spotlight.

Had a good chuckle today when the Trade he made with us, (Eric Reid) intercepted Promo too.
        He selected Promo’s current Center with that deal, Travis Frederick.

Thanks Jerruh.
        You’re a shrewd wheeler-dealer.
        NOT.

Mo Claiborne is another of his highly visible Draft busts too.

He could easily have taken Eric Reid for himself and, made an improvement in his own pathetic Secondary.

Trouble there is, he’s got no Scouting worth the sh!t and, even less intelligence about where to select his talent.
        It’s all about names and stats from College apparently.

He’s quite the entertaining figure on gameday though.
        Love watching him in the Crystal Pulpit looking like someone just pissed on his filet mignon.
        As they say….Priceless.

Considering today’s game, our schedule just went from tough to easy overnight. I know it’s only week one, but the Bears, Rams, Chiefs and Eagles all looked bad… and they’re all on our upcoming schedule before the bye. The Chiefs looked horrible. Andy Reid’s on the hot seat, and if he isn’t, he should be. The Rams should be ashamed of themselves for not having a backup plan for Sam Bradford. I know Shaun Hill’s capable, but if it was my team, Shaun Hill would be my third stringer and I’d have traded for someone like Kyle Orton – a dude with more starting experience. The Rams shouldn’t have been blindsided by the Bradford injury.

The Bears just fell in love with the pass against the Bills today – and it served them right to lose. Trestman needed to run the ball for more balance and to take pressure off Cutler. Cutler looked awful. Trestman should have known better. I met Mark Trestman in an airport after he was fired from the 49ers and he was with the Arizona Cardinals. He told me Jake Plummer needed to learn how to secure the ball. Here we are twenty years later and Trestman doesn’t see play calling helps with ball security. Actually, I’m sure he knows but theory and practice didn’t mert up today for the bears’ O.

The Eagles were lost in the first half, but figured things out. Foles stayed composed after looking completely lost for two quarters of football. The Eagles will give the 49ers a good game, but we’ll beat them at home. Sproles isn’t the same back he was when we played him in the playoffs a few years ago. The Eagles would have been better off drafting a rb (even though Sproles took one to the house).

In my opinion, the one team that poses the biggest threat before the bye is the Broncos, and I’m betting the 49ers crush the Broncos in the week 7 Sunday night game in Denver. I don’t see a problem with the 49ers going 7-0 for the first half of the season. Then the issue becomes the Seahawks. The Seahawks have the easiest schedule ever for a Super Bowl champion. The hardest part of their schedule is weeks 12-16 when the Seahawks play the 49ers twice, the Cardinals twice and the Eagles in Philly. From what I saw today, and I know it’s only week one, that stretch from week 12-16 will be what decides home field advantage throughout the playoffs for the Seahawks and 49ers – that and injuries. Back to the wall, Niners! Back to the wall!

The bulk of the problem related to Bradford is his Contract.
      He’s the last of the pre-rookie Cap deals and this is the reason why.
      Chokes the Teams’ options.
      Alex was turned into a positive because Harbaugh sold him.

In that regard, Jerruh will make a splash headline when he backs up the Brinks truck for Dez too.
      The same Dez who chumped out with a bruised forearm today, because he’s a diva with a big head and, a bigger mouth.

Antoine blew him up on the Reid INT and he packed his panties and ran.

But, mark my words, Jerruh will over-value him with lots of zeroes and continue to choke his Cap with whiners, all in the name of selling merchandise and headlines.

New video of Rice knocking out his girl. And he only got two games….. Good thing he didn’t have any weed on him. Then he’d really be in trouble. And if he killed someone, they’d make a statue in his honor. When are you guys going to stop looking to the NFL to be your social arbiters of justice?

No one’s asking for that, skippy. Just that someone hold these guys accountable for their actions. The Ravens welcome back Rice like he’s a hero. The NFL lets him off with barely anything. The judicial system doesn’t care, and his team doesn’t care. The league doesn’t care. McDonald’s case looks to slip through the cracks as well.

I’m not asking for a hanging, just that they give the appearance that there are situations that merit some sort of punishment. Regardless of the criminal investigation. Why this wasn’t released earlier I don’t know, but I’m sure this would have influenced Rice’s suspension had it been made public earlier. Funny thing is, what did anyone think happened differently than this showed?

Yeah, Atl taking NO to the woodshed in the 2nd half was great. Mainly because I drafted Matt Ryan on my FF team. Got me fitty points all by himself. Rowdy Roddy White did me some good as well.

Yeah, the NFC North is no the black and blue division, but the pink and frilly group. Cutler is Cutler. The village idiot’s Tony Romo. Ask for too much and he’ll give you shit on a platter. I thought the Bears were going to look better and challenge for GB’s spot in the NFC north by leaning on Matt Forte, but Chicago and Trestman go Mad Mike. Losing your home opener to the Bills? Giving up 60 yards to Boobie? Hey, good on Dixon, but really, the Bears defense giving up 200 rushing yards to the Bills is just horrible. Offensively, the Bears were channeling the ‘he’s gone’ Marc Trestman from days of yore. Forte is chewing up the field at 5 yards a pop, but no, let’s throw 50 times. Duh. Green Bay looks like they can’t stop a stiff breeze. Minn beat a depleted Ram team, who by the way look like they’ve become the unsalted dregs they usually are.

Detroit could be a surprise, but just by attrition, they look like the class of that division. Hell of a fun opener. If not for the refs, the Niners win by 21.

• Spitblood says:

It’s only week one, but by the looks of things yesterday, the 49ers could go undefeated. Their new 2014 mantra should be “BACKS TO THE WALL!!!!”

Can’t wait for the Jim press conference today. He’ll look wild and wholly!

Echoing Chuck’s comment on this Rice vid. I haven’t seen it, but how else did anyone expect that his GF got knocked unconscious — he used a pillow? My take is that Goodie is in big trouble on this now if somebody can show that he saw this vid before, and STILL gave out just a 2-game wrist slapper. Who suspends HIM for bad behavior? The Raven’s ownership needs to step in and do something, I suspect they will before the NFL’s breast cancer awareness campaing goes into gear. Hey look! We’re the NFL and we’re totally for our women’s fight against breast cancer! But, hey, knocking women out cold in elevators — well, boys will be boys…

• snarkk says:

BTW, the NFL released a statement saying they never saw the video until today. Really? How does TMZ get it, and the NFL can’t?…

As for the on field activity — only the Seahawks impressed as the real deal through the first weekend. Everybody else seems pretty beatable. NO lost, Brady lost, Eagles almost lost, Bears crapped in their own woods against a crappy Bills (is there any other type), Rams shelled at home, etc. All good news for the Niners…

How does TMZ only release the 2nd half of it and not all of it?

GB is a shitty team, Snarkk. Their defense rivals Dallas in ineptitude. They have no DBs worth a damn, and as you saw, they don’t tackle very well. Lynch his a tough runner, but their run defender BJ Raji is out for the year, and GB wanted no part of tackling Marshawn. They may not make the playoffs this year. Although Rodgers keeps them in a lot of games they shouldn’t otherwise win.

Curious to see AZ tonight. Frankly I can’t believe they are going with Palmer again. Although Drew Stanton is no great shakes. Logan Thomas is the guy who could be the next Cam Newton. Or Vince Young. He’s a big giant question mark. Emphasis on the big.

• snarkk says:

I didn’t see much of other game highlights yesterday. From the early early looks of it, the NFC should boil down to NO, Philly, Niners, and Seattle. NFC north looks pretty putrid, though Minny might surprise a bit. Atl probably a pretender again. Cards could be in there, too, with a tough defense and good HCoach…

NO looked soft on defense. It comes down to where you play them. Although the Niners should be able to take them in NO should it come to that.