Shit, NOW We Have Headlines

Careful what you ask for, eh? Erstwhile starting QB and local lightning rod Colin Kaepernick, along with teammate Quinton Patton, and ex-teammate Ricardo Lockette, have been implicated in  what’s being called ‘suspicious’ activity in Miami. Seriously, though, isn[‘t everything in Miami suspicious?

It apparently involved a little party they were having at Lockette’s apartment, and it involved drinking shots, and hitting the bong. The girl got light-headed and went to lay down. She says Colin undressed her and left her in there. She woke up in the hospital not knowing how she got there. She also said there was ‘no sexual activity’ even though they had a previous relationship. Sounds pretty tame for Miami standards.

So, now we have a few of the southern belles that frequent this blog all in a tizzy over this alleged deal. Shit, Colin’s a hero for taking the OD’ed girl to the hospital. She should be thanking him instead of trying to extort money from him.

37 Responses to Shit, NOW We Have Headlines

Dang, the guy hasn’t even signed a mega deal yet, and the women problems have started. Are these guys just terminally clueless when it comes to this stuff? At their pay grade, they could buy a night of some of the best talent in Miami, and in the morning, everybody leaves happy, and on their own merry way. But, no, this kind of stuff. I don’t get it…

There is the chance she’s a gold digger looking for a payday.

But yeah, in any situation like this, you’d have to think to yourself, how will this play out? Panda got wrapped up in something like this. That turned out to be a drunk chick looking for $$$. For every Worthlessberger is a girl looking to score.

Yeah, I’d leave this to the professionals , , ,

3. Colin’s the face of the franchise and he needs to comport himself in a manner as such. Part of that includes staying away from certain environments that can lead to these types of outcomes. Regardless of guilt or innocence it’s another black eye on the 49ers’ face of negative public image that’s been bruised, battered and beaten even worse then Chuck Wepner.

The hits just keep on coming.

Right. Just like Paul Hourning and Alex Karras getting busted for betting on games. Oh the tragedy.

Or Ben Roethlesberger paying cops to troll for women to harass. Does it stop the juggernaut?

No. Like I said, The OWNER of the very franchise you supposedly support bought off a rape charge. He tried to extort a liquor license from the ex-gov of Louisiana. Were you whining then? Were you functioning?

Gimme those good old fashioned days when everyone was, well, the same as they are now. Stop watching, you flaming hypocrite. Quit wasting my time with your petulant bellyaching. You sound more and more like the lilly-livered Bullitt every day.

• Believe me, I wish I could stop watching. It might add a couple yrs to my life. You just keep on rationalizing and justifying every misdeed by the current team by bringing up those of the past so it makes everything alright in your little world. That’s sad.

And speaking of flaming, let’s set an O/U date for when Jonathan Martin comes out of the closet. Have to go with some day in August. Wouldn’t want to disappoint Caesar Augustus. He invented the walk-in closet.

5. Chico says:

What party doesn’t involve taking shots and bong hits!?! Still, gotta give the benefit of the doubt to the females in these situations. Was there even a crime committed?

Way too early to be crying about this one way or another. Crabtree had issues like this and it turned out to be nothing. Let’s just wait and see.

• philippinefan says:

No, are you crazy? This is a perfect opportunity to whip out our atheist cards of disbelief in all things Niners and bitch and moan that the sky is falling. Waaawaaawaaa. Who needs facts? We don’t need no steenking facts.

Like I said Dennis, how did you justify the problems of the 80s? Are you just more of a chickenshit weenie now?

Why engage Dennis about this topic? The man is clearly going insane. He needs ducks, 24/7.

Cuz it’s the offseason. Still 29 days before the draft.

Plus, if he’s going to waste my time whining about the Niners, I’m going to keep on dogging.

Dennis is correct. This is a situation to be avoided by anyone playing in the NFL these days, much less one of the brightest stars.

You think you’ll fly on down to Miami and party and get drunk and smoke some good stuff and why not bring a girl or two in to boot? Not a good decision. One your mama and all of your coaches and advisers have warned you to avoid.

Now the girl ends up in a hospital with no idea how she got there. There will be some money changing hands, at least.

Even if there was no harm no foul it’s a bad deal for CK7, Patton and Lockette. If not, it shouldn’t hurt if they repeat this a dozen times this year.

Normally, Chuck would be coming unglued at a guy involved in this behavior while sporting tons of religious ink. But then he’s a well-known hypocrite about such things.

• rtfirefly says:

Imagine what he’d write if it were Tim Tebow instead of Kappy. WOOF!

• NoFear49er says:

He says above that Eddie D bought off a rape charge and tried to extort a liquor license from the LA guvn’r so maybe he just doesn’t know the meaning of a lot of words he throws around and being accused equals quilt for one and only foolish hater rhetoric for another. It can be infuriating until you realize that everything has to be Chuck’s way, even when it’s a different way every day for his world to work. Kinda like the world of a bratty two-year-old.

If Tebow was to set the NFL on fire one day Chuck would be insisting he’s said so all along.

• rtfirefly says:

The felony Eddie was convicted of was ageeing to the bribe the LA guv demanded for a riverboat gambling franchise. Eddie did not offer it. But don’t let the documented facts get in anyone’s way.
        What if NoWin had sported a cross? Would Chuck still have planned to attend a game wearing a suit in his honor? Methinks not.

• rtfirefly says:

*agreeing

11. philippinefan says:

Somehow I don’t think this has anything to do with any of us. Poor judgment tho.

Waaah! Dennis is right? You shoulda stopped there, skippy.

Whatever, guys. The point I was making to Dennis was that he portrays the team in the 80s as being played by angelic saints. They weren’t. Dennis just chooses to deny reality to suit his need to trash the team now. It’s a different world. Anyone at any time can be phone-pic’ed to hell, or snap-chatted to oblivion. Eddie pled down to obstruction. Yay! He fucked up and lost the team. There’s no debate here. You want to drill down to the semantics of it, go for it. It doesn’t change the outcome.

Why do you guys keep dragging the cross into this? The cross I liked was Randy Cross. Met him a few times at La Pinata in Burlingame. Nice guy. Hell of a player.

Come one NoFear. Instead of traipsing around these issues, why don’t you say something about the topic at hand, instead of shooting the messenger? I mean, I’m so honored to be your amoral compass, but really, try to stay on task here, skippy.

Seriously. Your fixation with me is Bullit-like.

• NoFear49er says:

That’s cuz you are bullit-like. You throw mud at every post I make and cry foul when you get called on some bullshit you post. You set the rules of the game so quit crying when your lead is followed.

You are nothing to me but entertainment and diversion from boredom. You tell your disabled “friends” to piss off and go ahead and jump now because they have a different take from yours? What a guy. Better get your baseball buddies over here to prop you up while Phil’s on a break.

14. philippinefan says:

My opinion = we do have an opportunity Here to discuss the Niners and some social issues plaguing the United States of America (because our host puts up with it mainly). So is it too much to ask everyone to break out of the conventional “us vs them” mindset and try to find some common ground? For example: (Niner, football related) “Niners aren’t Perfect (and they Never Were obviously) BUT-a huge Butt- they Are a whole bunch better than the last 10 years fer sure”. “We have every right to expect them to perform at a very high level going forward”. Come on! Jaysus on the cross! WE do have so much in common If we refrain from the media PC agenda. Why do some insist on parroting this phony dichotomy? “We suck” “Kill Jimi” etc.Think outside the box presented to you by your wannabe masters please.

Just a thought.

Non-foosball related = fer example = ” look youse don’t have to be a cross waving Xtian obnoxious individual to see that we ALL have our own rights to our personal beliefs and opinions regarding XYZ…” So if Chuck -or I- laugh at some belief or another WHY worry about it? If I’m full of shit Why in the name of GOD is that about you??? And how can it be your problem? Because the goddamn corrupt media/religionists/conservative/liberals say so?

Repeating: “WE do have so much in common If we refrain from the media PC agenda. Why do some of you insist on parroting this phony dichotomy? Think outside the box presented to you by your wannabe masters please.”

Chuck is not the problem and you are free to disagree (far as I can see). I’m good with that. But it will be a struggle for those who wanna come on here and play the old ‘us vs them’ hack game.

JMHO

Funny NoFear, I post threads that you rip, you attack me personally about it, and dog me for my religious and ploitical views, and that’s me throwing mud. Why, you are a little News International rolled up into one little troll. Is Rupert Murdoch your lover? When Jesus said turn the other cheek, he didn’t mean that one . . .

Laughable, skippy.

Nice post Phil. Thanks. Yes, I fall victim to the mudslinging bul I rarely start it.

What’s reall funny to me is that when I say Tim Tebow isn’t a very good quarterback, NoFear infers that I’m an atheist, a liberal, and anti-religion and I drown puppies in my spare time while wiping my ass with the constitution.

So, I suppose that means the pro-Tebow forces are gun-toting flag-waving Nascar loving wife beating rednecks who are spoonfed opinions by the likes of Rush, BillO, and Glenn Beck. You know, school lunches = Hitlerian regime.

18. philippinefan says:

Naw we do have common ground = the vast majority of us. So let’s find that and be happy with that.

It’s all GOOD

New thread is up . . .

It’s about time for NoFear to run and hide anyway. His usual MO is to throw his barbs around, stir the shit, and run when the heat gets too hot.