mOVING oN . . .

Despite the itching desire to blow up the offense and go Mouse Davis, the 49ers season rolls on. This looked like a tough game when the season started, but Indy has been fairly underwhelming so far this season. Ekeing out a near disastrous loss vs the Raiders in their back yard, and losing to a Miami team that isn’t scaring anyone. What does that mean for the Niners? Well, nothing much. The Niners, who have an annoying habit of looking stupidly horrible every once in a while, look to get back on track in their home-sludge advantage park, the Stick.

I’m fairly sure the Niners can beat a team that has to travel this far, who isn’t all that good, other than their QB, Jim Harbaugh’s buddy Andrew Luck, and who have their usual chip on their shoulder after the soul-crushing loss in Seattle. Should a lot be read into the Seattle loss? The Niners were beaten like a drum there last year, and were crushed and worn down again this last week. Granted, it’s hard to play in that environment, and their home winning streak is littered with playoff teams, including Green Bay, Minnesota, New England, and of course, us, so it’s not like this is a fluke streak against shitty opponents.

So, no. There’s no need to jettison this offense in favor of going crazy in the air. That being said, I still would like to see Harbaugh rotate out of this read-option/diamond formation offense. I would much rather see multiple WR formations and us running out of passing formations, whether the pistol, shotgun, or behind center. If the scenario ends up where we see Seattle in the playoffs, then we’ll figure out how to deal with it. But chances are the 49ers won’t see Seattle until next season.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

44 Responses to mOVING oN . . .

Indy gets a running back from Cleveland but yeah they should lose big time. Niners will show no mercy to a visiting team.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention the Trent Richardson trade from Cleveland to Indy. A short physical move, but one that must make ol’ Trent giddy beyond belief. He’s going from a team without a clue to an up-and-coming powerhouse. This is a very smart move by the Colts, as they get the #3 pick in the 2011 draft at the price tag of their 1st round pick next year that they very well could have used on a running back anyway. They get to jump the gun and get their guy early.

If you are a Browns fan, this is a tough nut to swallow. Throwing in the towel after week 2 is pretty unheard of, but that is what this move shows the fans. Granted, they most likely would not have reached the playoffs this year with Richardson, but to trade him for a late 1st round pick (unless Indy craters) now is selling the immediate future for a brighter 2015.

Cleveland’s problem is obvious. They need a QB. Next yer’s QB draft? Ehhh. Tahj Boyd? Please. They may end up with Jacksonville in a race to the bottom for Teddy Bridgewater. He’s the real thing. Well a lot closer than Boyd anyway.

Sheesh. THe Niners go from 1 on last weeks’ injury report to 10 in this week’s. Including Colin Kaepernick with a foot injury.

Maiocco reports Aldon Smith — DUI and driver in single car accident in San Jose this morning. Busted at 7 am by SJPD. This dude is out of control. Somebody/something needs to rein him in before he kills himself or somebody else. DUI at SEVEN in the morning on a Friday before a home game? WTF?…

5. Nipper, were you out drinking with Aldon Smith last night? You could have at least offered to drive home. We don’t need you to play on Sunday.

Smith was arrested on suspicion of DUI this morning at 7 AM. So Aldon was heading to the 49ers facilities legally drunk. Sounds like something I would do.

6. I don’t always drive to work drunk, but when I do, I’m drunk on Dos Equis.

Keep piling up DUI’s, my friends.

Amazing talent, dumb as a bag of rocks. Even if he ends up beating the DUI he should hire a driver because him and vehicles just don’t mix. Spend $600 a week on a driver dumbass.

8. Aldon blew a .15 at 7 AM in the morning. He’s in my league now.

9. So say Aldon crashed and got a few hrs. sleep. What was his BAC at 3 AM, his jersey number?

Yer the resident expert, Dennis. What do you say?

• I’ve had one DUI in my life, back in 2000. Could of been countless more. Very fortunate to have been caught just the one time. Paid the fine, went to the classes and had my license suspended. The whole nine yds. Did I learn? At first I was careful, but eventually I was out drinking and driving again. Again, very lucky not to have been pulled over a second time. I knew I was pressing my luck, and it would only be a matter of time. So I had to make a decision. Give up drinking? I’ve tried, but those AA meetings don’t work for me. I must have went to half of those functions sauced. So I took the other route — I gave up driving. Problem solved. Maybe Aldon should think about doing the same.

• Chico says:

Gave up driving instead, that cracked me up! Reminds me of a friend I know who went to the doctor and was told not to drink for a year because of a fatty liver — my other buddy said ‘see, that’s why you don’t go to the doctor dumbass’

Dumb and dumbest. Give ’em enough rope . . .

Anyhow, what a fool, but boys will be boys. . . . Still hasn’t killed anyone. Yet.

11. Chico says:

Popped with pills, too. What the fuck Aldon!?!

I heard about pot, not pills. With all the money these guys make, I’d hire a driver just be be there when I needed him. .15 isn’t blotto, but it’s a pretty good buzz.

Aldon’s mug shot.

• Chico says:

The San Jose Merc is reporting that he hit a tree and was popped with pot and pills, too.. The pot doesn’t bother me (much less toxic than pills), but he was popped with pills, too..

• Flavor says:

He got busted at 7am, that was the big one for me. Kap gets to work at 6am (totally documented). So this fucking guy is rolling out of McDonald’s house an hour AFTER Kap is at work? Wasted? On a Fri b4 game day? Ludicrous. The Niners should have shut his ass down for the Indy game but they pussed out. Bad leadership. My great faith in Jim Harbaugh has been seriously shaken with this non-response to an out of control player.

• phil fan says:

Behold the future of our franchise

Nothing happens til he goes to court in October. The 4th I think. . . .

I agree with BF, and I remarked on the 7 am angle this morning when I first heard of this. Aldon is just ROLLING IN blotto at 7 am on the Friday before a home game. What’s he going to do, show up late for workouts with a pot of coffee and some greenies to wake up? Total, absolute bull dust of an attitude, and total disrespect to his organization and teammates. His teammates need to get on his ass and tell him to shape up or get the hell outta town…

Aldon is an out of control douche bag who WILL abuse again- alcohol, drugs, himself, teammates. Too bad he’s one of our best D players. No one is going to say anything to ’embarrass’ him if the coach won’t. And he won’t. Gag order in effect to “keep it in the family”. Like that’s working w/ Aldon Smith “the animal”. So get ready for more of the same plus the contagion effect of poor leadership on the other players, team morale, etc

Well, the team should get in front of this and suspend him for 4 games.

Team says any punishment will come from the league.

Players don’t need to hire a driver as the league will provide one for free anytime without report.

Aldon hasn’t hurt the team yet. A suspension will do that and cause the pressure to straighten up to come from the proper authorities, his teammates. Fines are great for the NFL’s charitble programs but nary a team member gives a shit about a minor hit to Aldon’s bank account.

Again. they need to project that they are proactive on this and suspend him themselves. Drag it out and lawyer up and they come across as condoning this for their star.

Burp! This is sure good! Gulp…..where’s Dennis?

19. What’s the bigger transgression. Aldon ramming into a tree at 7 AM drunk on Friday morning. Or. The organization allowing him to play that Sunday? I can relate to being 24, drunk and stupid. But I expect much more from supposed mature men who run and represent a highly visible and once proud franchise.

I’m beginning to hate our Raider organization.

20. Alleykat says:

Wow..Look at that picture,Aldon looks like “BUCKWHEAT” after a 2 day bender.
    Even Steve Freakin Wonder can see how fucked up he is.He is damm fortunate it happened at 7 am and not 8am when kids are walking to school and he kills some!

Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman,Please scoop up our “DIPSHIT IMMATURE ALCOHOLIC PILL POPPER CRACK HEAD GUN TOTER”, OLB and slap him upside his thick skull.Then tell him that he is moving into one of your houses because he is not able to make “GROWN UP DECISIONS” on his own!!!!
    For his sake as well as the sake of the team.
    Thank You, for your time and consideration.
    49er Fans

Oh, fuck off, Dennis. He’s a kid like thousands of other kids who make mistakes. How he deals with this is the issue. I certainly went through some shit as a kid. As do millions of others. Growing from this and learning is the deal.

It’s funny how perceptions change over the years. I was young at the time but I remember during the late 50’s and early 60’s that just about the whole team were drinkers. Football and alcohol kinda went hand in hand. Just like Nicotine and cholesterol, people have somewhat figured it out. I hate to lose the kid but now just might be the best time to unload him.

dennis – I took all the colts players out of my lineups this week. I am even starting Pryor over Luck. Fuck the colts

• You shouldn’t penalize yourself for something stupid one of our players did. Only to be trumpeted by an even more egregious act of our organization doing nothing. I’m beginning to realize why our Raiders haven’t won a Super Bowl since ’83 when we played back in L.A. Those were the good old days of our men in the silver and black.

• Winder says:

Please don’t get me confused with being a raider fan. Through thick or thin it’s always Niners for me. I really took the colts players out because I think we shut em down tomorrow. Go Pryor.

I agree with Chuck, the Niners need to get out in front of this somehow. Whatever they can do as a team that is allowed under the CBA. This is now the umpteenth time Aldon has been involved with the law. A top org like the Niners, ready to move to a new stadium, has to deal with this. Jed surely has to be involved. Having guys issue public gay slurs and having drunken fights with one another is bad enough. But, a rogue kid that is a candidate to kill somebody or himself is another level — to potential PR disaster…

Hey who’s drinking tonight? …..burp…

Good chance the Lawyer for Aldon can have the pills and weed waived?
    He apparently missed a couple of practices this week with back ailments.
    For his sake, I hope the pills were prescribed.

You blow what you blow for the booze but, he can likely take the position that the weed wasn’t his if it was found within the vehicle and not in his pocket.

Either way, lawyers make their scratch for things like this.
    Deny, deny,deny and hope for the best.

He’s out of control and heading for an unhappy ending if someone, including himself, doesn’t help him straighten out before it’s too late.

Let’s be thankful he didn’t jump a curb where kids were waiting for a school bus.
    The tree may have did him a favor.

Shades of Lawrence Taylor.

• Grumpy Guy says:

OTOH, mixing painkillers or such with booze is a fast ticket to Karen Anne Quinlan Dreamland. Mucho stupid.

No argument Grump –
        Looking at this simply for the legal ramifications.
        If the meds were prescribed, he might actually beat the vehicular rap.

What’s more important is that he gets help before it’s too late.
        Sad that a young talented kid can’t avoid multiple occurances of stupidity.
        It’s beginning to look like an addiction.

For his sake, and the potential for innocent bystanders to be involved, I hope someone within his immediate family, or the Team, gets him cleaned up quickly.

Nobody but a drug addict is as determined as a drunkard to backslide. I wouldn’t bet the house on Smith cleaning up. Too bad.