Game Day – Playoff Edition

Be still my heart. Coming down to the wire here. The Niners, looking to keep the quest for 6 alive, have looked unbeatable and unwatchable like clockwork. Every 3 weeks they lay a fresh turd after coing up roses for 2 weeks. Inconsistency is their only constant. The D has been dominating until it hasn’t. The offense has been record-breaking and TV-breaking. The run game is here and gone.  The passing game remains an enigma no matter who is behind center.

Green Bay on the other hand seems to be riding the wave of solid football, going 10-2 in their last 12 games after a 2-3 start.  They appear to be peaking at the right time despite their loss to Minn on the road to knock them out of the 2 seed. Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers. Outlandish numbers (4,295 / 39 / 8), and some of his throws last weekend were flat crazy. Throwing lasers on the run for 35 yards, the usual. They even seems to have discovered a diamond in the parking lot with the addition of RB DuJuan Harris.

Still, GB has a defense that really isn’t all that impressive. They give up yards in the air and  they give up yards on the ground. Their WRs are banged up, and they give up a lot of sacks. The Niners at least got the break they needed. They were pretty gassed after that marathon NE game, and staggered down the stretch. The effectiveness of Justin Smith remains a question, and the run game is something that needs to get going early to provide a lift to the play-action passing game.

But still and all, I like the Niners chances. I think the Niners can get to Rodgers with their base pass rush. Disguise a blitz here and there to force a turnover or 2.  I think the offense should be able to get the job done vs Green Bay’s D.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

516 Responses to Game Day – Playoff Edition

1. philippinefan says:

Chuck’s da genius now = 15 pt spread and he called fer 17.

Fuckin’ dumbass zebras

I’m not a mayweather guy, though I have uploaded IRS tickets to my blog before.
    When it comes to sports betting, I’m a $50-100 dollar guy, maybe $200 if I’m really confident.
    I will say this, I did not bet $1500 dollars….

• Grumpy Guy says:

Crazy, Dude, but I’m glad it worked out for you.

• Flavor says:

Thanks Grump, I don’t know why I did it, I totally checked myself as a gambler before I did it but I did it.i learned a long time ago that only dumb asses try to make their living gambling. But it’s totally possible to have a job and make money gambling. I’m old and wise now, I have learned this. 🙂

• Flavor says:

But it was very very close

3. Grumpy Guy says:

Holy shit… they kicked it right at Delanie Walker. Thank Dog he held on. He’s hated enough as it is.

Why in the world is Delanie Walker on the hands team?

VICTORY!

Yeah, the Harbaugh boys are dumb fucks. Kill en both right?
    Um…er….
    We’re down to 4….

There will never be another 49er fan who questions Jim Harbaugh’s decision to go with Colin Kaepnerick. Never again. Nevermore.

• Flavor says:

Ain’t it the truth? There is no plausible argument.
      And that’s coming from an Alex smith fan and a guy who questioned the move from the start, and repeatedly after.
      Hey, I’m wrong all the time in life I love admitting that. The most successful people in the world can do that. Cue the stubborn bitches as they start refuting that!
      Fantastic playoff win. Beyond that word, I’ll get back to you when I find a better descriptive.
      Nice try Rodgers, you got beat down with a loss much like your boy Brees experienced last year.

• Spitblood says:

Being wrong and trying is huge in life. Amazing game by the 49ers. The rest of the NFL is now on notice: The 49ers have so many tools that defenses now must to defend and really… they can’t. The only thing the 49ers’ offense is missing is a second tight end. This offense is amazing, and next year it will be the best offense in the NFL. And Grump’s is right….. Kaep is already lookin’ right square at Canton (if he can stay healthy).

Seattle will be a huge test, but at least Seattle will be coming to San Francisco.

8. Grumpy Guy says:

I predicted a Harbaugh Bowl this Spring. Thought when Lewis went down after Suggs they might be done. But they are a tough team. They came within a FG fuckup of beating the Bradys last year. I think they might just get over the top this time, assuming NE beats Houston.

As for us: BRING ME the FUCKING HEAD of PETE THE CHEAT.

Forty fuckin Niners baby!!!

Harbaugh said a lot tonight with that “we’ll talk more later when the cameras are gone” comment.
    People think Harbaugh is an ass, a back stabber and that may hold truth.
    But he’s all about the team, not individuals and he clearly doesn’t give a fuck about public opinion (as the QB switch and to a lesser degree Akers-keep moves show.)
    But you bitches have railed on Harbaugh on and off all year.
    How many are now gonna stand up and say, “I was wrong, Jim Harbaugh knows more than me.”
    Come on, show how flexible you are. See you in the NFC championship game next week….

• Flavor says:

I am loving watching yet another press conference of an “elite” QB who went down. Again.
      I missed Manning’s tonight. Watched the niner game instead. Hope the numbness of his hands is a short term problem. Ha, I loved those dove tail pussy throw. Maybe his pussy ass shuda had a hand warmer inside those glove. Very manly look, by the way 🙂

• Flavor says:

And don’t sweat my grammer, I’m drunk but not too drunk to recognize it. And I’m so happy about this niner dominant win, a Rodgers loss, a Ravens win and a Peyton Manning loss (meekly and weekly I might add).
        Factor the over I gave out openly and the nice scratch I made and I’m celebrating all night baby….

• shaman138 says:

“Have wr signed Peyton yet?”

11. shaman138 says:

Just have one thing to say about Kap……WOW. Very impressive.

Hey Dennis ……have we signef Peyton yet? Broncos suck!!!!”

• Flavor says:

He runs in a way that’s BETTER than Randall Cunningham. I can’t remember be QB who accelerates like he does. And his strides are the length of giraffes.
      And I will say it one more, time, I called for him running the ball more, repeatedly, starting about 5 weeks ago. If I get bored tomorrow I’ll re-post them.
      When you’re Colin Kapernick, FUCK the pocket. The pocket is your bitch. Hang out there if the 40 yard pass isn’t there. Otherwise, drop a 40 yard run on their asses.

12. winder says:

What a great fucking game. When we get fully healthy again the sky is the limit. Good to be a Niner fan

13. Grumpy Guy says:

A year ago, in our final game, our offense could only muster one third down conversion in 13 tries.

Tonight? 8 for 13 – 62%.

We also dominated time of possession, 38:01 to 21:59.

And a shout out to Joe Staley – who has not always been my favorite player. Tonight, obviously in tremendous pain, he held Bruce Matthews to one sack. And with the other guys on the line, pushed the Packers all over the field in the 4th quarter. Hell of a job.

Uh, I don’t want to rain on anyone ones parade, and yes Kaep did some amazing things, but…Alex got us this far last year. So let’s not get too high on this. The Niners still have one more game to even get to the SB. Let’s not forget all of us thought the Niners were going to the SB last year. And this year the Niners might have to go to Atlanta. I will enjoy this but I want to go to the SB.

• Flavor says:

Kev, I’m a big Alex Smith guy but I’m not too dumb too admit when I’m wrong. And you know this, the few times I’ve been wrong I’ve fessed up in spades……
      But only a fool could miss the dominant performance of Kap tonight and wish instead that Alex Smith had been the QB instead.
      Don’t be that dude.
      Only a stubborn idiiot would hold on to that……..
      Appreciate the moment and the fact that you were wrong for wanting Smith to stay as the QB
      I did it. Go ahead, it feels good.
      Admit it….

• Irish Kevin says:

Flav, I am not advocating for Alex to be the QB, what I said was Alex got the Niners to this the NFC championship last year, and then the Niners lost. There is no doubt that Colin was the right pick but the Niners are not in the SB yet

• Spitblood says:

Don’t worry You aren’t raining on anyone’s parade. Forget the Alex Smith offense that’s limited. This offense with Kaep can honestly do anything. You want to run the ball? We got Gore. You want to go spread? We got Kaep, James and Crabtree. You want to pull and trap and go play action? We got Harbaugh and Roman. Jaws was right. Harbaugh was holding a couple of aces up his sleeve. This team just unveiled an offense the likes of which we hadn’t seen this regular season. The offense is amazing and it’s not like anything else the NFL has ever seen.

• Flavor says:

all true. But I still must say, the key to it was Kap running with abandon after sitting in the pocket like a dumbass for 2 months.
        This was an obvious offensive game plan move. Maybe the fact that they waited till the playoffs to unveil it is the concept that was beyond me, I was a fool to ever *get* it.
        But I got this shit.
        And there’s about 30 posts of mine back there that called for this 5 weeks ago…..
        But fuck it, Harbaugh is much smarter than me and those words bring me so much joy tonight!

• Spitblood says:

Flavor – it’s risk / reward. Kaep can’t run as much in the regular season. Look at RGIII. You get injured, your team probably won’t win the Super Bowl. Harbaugh intentionally didn’t run Kaep. It was intentional I tell ya.

Flav I have to say you are one of the few guys blogging whit sincere humility, I truly admire that. In the end it’s all about our team but many place their ego in front of that. Hats off to you bro.

• Flavor says:

12– I appreciate that. And when you’re not posting like a d-bag I find you to be a very balanced blogger. And that last sentence is a 🙂 and the truth.
        Rock on my man, we got 2 wins to go before glory. Again.

give it a fucking rest Kev, last year is not a god damn thing to do with this year, I don’t want to hear another fucking word about Alex Smith, Kap out played anything Smith has ever done in his 8th start ever. Fuck what more do you Smithers need to see?

Great players tonight: Obviously Kaep with all his running COMBINED with excellent passing. And the “excellent passing,” is important. Gore took care of the power runs and held the ball – breaking one nice run into the secondary. Staley played hurt and we can all only hope that Staley’s injury isn’t too serious. (but I did see him laughing and smiling after the game). Randy Moss opened up the running game with some key catches early on. Vernon made a great catch. Patrick Willis was all over Aaron Rogers. Fangio called an amazing game, never going conservative. This was Greg Roman’s finest hour. Tarrel Brown had two nice picks even though I thought his second one was incorrectly called PI. Alex Smith did a great job holding his clipboard (good boy). Justin Smith sucked it up and played like a warrior. Aldon stripped Aaron. Spillman picked up a huge special teams fumble. I’d give the game ball to Kaep, but there are so many candidates for game ball. Great night to be a 49er fan!

• Flavor says:

100% agree. But I will argue the J-Smith comment a bit. He had, I think, one tackle where the RB ran right into him. He did get 4 credited tackles, I’m assuming those other 3 were the same run-right-at-you’s.
      It all worked out, but Smith was nothing more than a borderline road block tonight.

• winder says:

Yeah but he was still getting double-teamed on occasion. He’s a true warrior and one that we need desperately

• Spitblood says:

Justin did fine. He wasn’t his normal dominant self, but he did push the pocket better than anyone else on our team. I watched him exclusively and while Justin didn’t get the sacks, Justin did push the pocket quiet a bit and made Rogers run. That’s important. I think Justin pushed the pocket more than Ricky would have.

Hooo dee fucking hoo~~!!!! Just like I thought. It was closer than I thought in the beginning, but it ended up that the Niners beat the fuck out of the Pack. The key was sending theWRs on deeper routes to clear out the underneath so Ka[[y had lanes to run. They showed the play for the early TD, and when Kappy went back to pass, the left side was WIDE OPEN. No one near him and he got his TD.

Didn’t get to post tonight, had some friends over, and I’ll read this stuff tomorrow, but mother fuckinn’ A, that was an epic win. Like a lot of people, I wasn’;t down with Smith looing his job from the injury, but as we sit now, I like our fucking shit no matter who’s next. Atl on the road would be a breeze. Seattle at home? Bring it on. We are the shit right now.

Just watched one replay where Justin Smith did look truly ineffective.

J Smith did what he needed to do. And that’s occupy space and use up the left side. We didn’t get a shit load of sacks, but we did get near enough Rodgers to fuck him up. Smith at whatever he’s at now (80%?) is better than RJF. It was good to see him rotating in and out occasionally though.

Staley had a flat great game against Matthews. He neutralized him with some kind of stinger going on. Never heard his name all night.

Yeah, once the Niners got the 2 TD lead, they didn’t go soft shell turtle mode like they did vs NE. That by iteslf was worth EVERYTHING.

20. Rab says:

I must be mistaken, but i thought they have been running the spread option since early in the season, even when Alex was QB, they would bring in Forrest Gump for a run.

This is not an I told you so post, but what more does Kap have to do to prove himself worthy of his coaches trust?
    All this bullshit about the team has to improve over last years NFCCG with what, Justin ineffective, Manningham done, Hunter done, these are things Smith or Kap control? Grow the fuck up and look at the QB position, Kap is putting up 3 points a game more than Smith and just not only outplayed Rodgers he annihilation him in every meaningful statistic,
    Let it fucking go already, the future is now, celebrate the team.
    And yes I am extremely drunk but the truth will out anyway.

“annihilated” Sorry in advance for shit spelling, gramer and being offensive but honestly I am so happy, fuck it.

• Ok forgiven mainly cause you and Alleykat + Grumpy have the freakin’ lead with 5 winning calls Man. But yeah Kap is better

Sorry Phil, I hate “I told you so” dicks, but I am so happy to have a prolific offense with Kap. GO NINERS!

No one but butt-hurt weenies think that the Smith deal wasn’t worth the reality the team faces now. Harbugh’s call was crazy, ballzy, insane, and in the end, the right one. Kappy overcame that disastrous pick with an immediate TD of his own. He balled his way through that game and overpowered the Packers by the force of his will. 1st playoff game, and he got himself an NFL playoff record for rushing yards by a QB. Not too shabby. Even if they don’t advance to the Super Bowl, this was the right move.

No way to deny that after this performance.

And BTW. POOR DENVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice prevent D at the end of regulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dennis, SUCK IT HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Alleykat says:

Im rockin with my gang&hot ladies at my local watering hole “The Orchid Room” in SanCarlos.The “Sons of Harbaugh” gang just came in,and we are Chanting “Nobody has it better then us”!!!
    This Bar is going fucking Nuts!!!
    Niners Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Great win fer our guys, complete team victory = O, D, ST. And… Chuck won the honors with the spread, being 3 off the 14 actual. (earlier I incorrectly credited Barley too)

On the total playoff wins guessed correctly SO FAR we have a new leader to go with Alleykat and Grumpy and that’s 12th man who aced the games today to raise his total up to Kat’s/GGuy’s = 5 total wins so far. At 4 wins there are a pack to include Chuck, Del Mar, Spitblood, Snarkk, Nipper, Phil, NoFear, Barleyfreak, Shaman. Irish Kevin has 3 wins followed by Flavor and Winder at 2 each. I THINK. Could be a little off here.

I’ll update again after tomorrow’s games

Smith got double teamed early and then they bailed on that. He was largely ineffective except for the few times the rb ran right into him.
    Look, Ricky jean Paris-whatev can occupy space with the best of them. He has 2 working arms too.
    And our D was hardly dominate tonight. Me personally, I woulda rather had RJP-W play for Smith tonight.
    But fuck it, none of that even mattered. The D gave up big points and Kap dominated.
    He fucking dominated in ways the post season hasn’t ever seen from a QB

• “He fucking dominated in ways the post season hasn’t ever seen from a QB”

444 yards rushing and passing from the Kaepmeister = pretty fucking unbeliveably awesome

Hey Dennis, did we draft Kappy yet? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peyton can lick his wounds on the sidelines as the Niners move on . . . . . . . . . .

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I’m tired, I’ve lost my voice, and i\I’m going to bed, but , . . .

No way to deny that after this performance.

Nice prevent D at the end of regulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onl;y 4,999,998 posts to out run your stupid ass, Dennis.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

28. Chico says:

Someone said the Orchid room? Ha! Many good nights spent there (my Brother lives right off of Eaton between De Las Pulgas and El Camino. NINERS! Yeah baby!

Bring on the Seahawks. Some might want Atlanta, but I want another Champ game at the Stick. A rubber game against Pete Carroll would be the ultimate “What’s your deal” bowl. It would be friggin epic. Seattle’s got just a teeny bit better defensive backfield than GBay, so it would be a real battle again. But, it would be a great game…

• Flavor says:

I’m with you. They dominated at home and then went down 14-0 on the road before bobby griffen’s knee went hay wire. I’d take Seattle in our house in a nano second. And Richard Sherman waving hello to a big dick in his mouth is too awesome to even dream about. Lets just fucking do it!

30. Hey have we traded fer Peyton Manning yet? Naw we drafted Colin Kaepernick who maybe will get a chance to beat his ass in a big game. Is there any doubt we would with the Kaepmeister at the wheel?

• Flavor says:

None. And I’m going to sleep in a few minutes with the gentle dreams of Peyton manning heading to bed tonight face down ass up.
      Man, when the feeling in your fingers go, they fucking go!

Wow what a night that was, if I pissed anybody off here I apologize.
    If I could choose who we play next it would be the Squawks but I can’t see them getting past the Falcons.

32. You were pretty tame Man, no worries. Maybe a couple Smith fans are upset about the changing of the guard but that’s not yer fault.

33. Atl is looking good or maybe Sea is still asleep

34. We all want the Seahawks but how do you- anyone- think we’d do against the Falcons?

• Alleykat says:

Phil my man….No problem.We will go into Atlanta and “Whistle Dixie” led by the Kapper,. It’s our time to shine!..Thought Kappy was quick on a decepit turf at the Stick? Wait till the Ferrari unleashes hell on astro turf.

I feel like the Niners will handle either team. I expect they go to the SB this year. Like Grumpy I picked a Harbowl in the spring and that is still looking good.

35. Alleykat says:

Im diggin Atlanta takin care of buisness so far. 10-0 and driving for more.Oh that’s right I picked them to kick their butts.

36. Alleykat says:

Shit after a huge 4th down stop of Seattle.Falcons roll straight down with an impressive TD.Shit their even running the ball against them,which I didnt expect.Most dominating stuff right now!

Where is Del? Broken hearted that Manning screwed the pooch again in the playoffs?
    Del falls in love with the shiny object, passing stats and regular season wins with the likes of Romo and Manning. Del misses the big picture, post season play is where it’s at and those guys suck at it.

I still don’t see how the Denvers allowed that last minute TD for Flacco as if by script. And such a load of bad calls in favor of the Ravens. One might think there’s a force that wants to see Ray Lewis play another game. Naw, that couldn’t happen.

Denvers special teams are the reason any of that even mattered, 14 points.

• NoFear49er says:

Regardless of how they got there, the defense looked to inexplicably quit on that play. Manning was on a streak of good games and never played well the entire game. It happens, I suppose, and they had many opportunities to put the game away. I’m not complaining about it, just can’t make sense out of it.

I think how cold it was affected Manning. The Denver D didn’t live up to the hype but Flacco can play the position and Rice brings it.
        I thought the Ravens deserved the win. I also think RayRay is a liability not an asset at this point.

• NoFear49er says:

Really? The ‘hype’ of winning every game since their early bye week? Including the Ravens on the road. I think the Ravens lost four of their last five.

It worked out for the Ravens. Kudos on calling it.

• philippinefan says:

Repost: It was planned by a Higher Power to show the Delmars that Tebow is better in the post-season than Manning? Fuck Denver,

Also why did Manning take a knee w/ 30 secs left in the regular game? = bad coaching but it’s like the whole Bronks team just quit on O and D

• NoFear49er says:

Yeah, Phil, several questionable antics there. Not that I minded seeing Elway eat it.

Seattle is tired. After a big game against the 49ers, travel to the Redskins, then travel to Atlanta, Seattle is playing without passion. Looks like the 49ers travel to Atlanta. My only worry about Atlanta is how the 49ers play on the outside of their defense. How will Brown, Culliver and Rogers match up with White and Jones? How will Bowman and Willis match up with Gonzalez? But the better story line will be how will Mike Nolan prepare for Colin Kaepernick? I think the 49ers are going to win the Super Bowl.

Squawks just wasted a golden opportunity to score right before the half, dumb.

41. philippinefan says:

Mike Nolan against Jim Harbaugh. Then Jim Harbaugh against Bill Belicheat. Don’t let anyone into the 49ers’ practices before the Super Bowl, Harbaugh. Belicheat and McDaniels will be trying to get into your practices before hand with a camera. Here’s to keeping Colin Kaepernick healthy. Limit your runs, Kaep. If Harbaugh is smart, he’ll use the the read option against the Falcons as a deek. Don’t run it with the qb and keep the defensive end out of the hand off to Gore or James. I look for another shoot out in Atlanta, and then another one with the Patriots. The difference against the Patriots in the Super Bowl will be that the Patriots will have Gronk. But to me it matters little. The 49ers can play shoot out ball with anyone.

Did you guys see the Kap interview just now during half time? He said the fasted 40 he ever ran was 4.43 After watching him last night I think that stopwatch was a little slow. Kap is one fast motherfucker.

To 12th man from your 10:38 post last night, you can fuck off. I never said Kappy was the wrong choice, go back and read or go back to school and learn how to read!! I asked Spit and Dennis before the game how they would feel about Kapp if the Niners lost last nights game or next weeks game, never got an answer from either of those two. I personally would not be satisfied with a Jim Kelly as a QB. Great talent but could not win the big one!! I will tell you what Twin and Flav tell bloggers who didn’t like their comments, “don’t read my comments if you don’t like them” this is a blogg you dip shit.

Oh dear, hurt your feelings? It’s a blog sweetheart and I began today with an apology to anyone I offended under the influence, including you.

• philippinefan says:

He did apologize if he offended anyone last night Kev, See his 10:30pm

Apologize for comments I made on a blog under the influence? Ohhhhh, I’ve done that, like, ahhhh….a gazillion fucking times. People say that’s because I have a drinking problem. I like to think I’m just being my usual polite and honest good soul.

How bout that great first half coaching job by Pete the Cheat? 4th and a foot? Let’s give it to M Rob up the gut for a loss of one. Let’s burn our final TO with 25 ticks remaining after a short pass play that would have resulted with your players getting back to the LOS in just a few seconds because everyone was just a few yds away from the LOS. Ya think you coulda used that TO at the end of the half? And WTF was Wilson thinking taking that sack? I don’t care if you’re smack dab in the middle of the pocket. You throw that ball into the 3rd row, take the grounding penalty so you can still attempt the FG? Stoopid pills prescribed and taken by every Seahawk.

Carroll is inexplicably going away from Lynch on 3rd and 4th and 1? Insane.

The real curious thing was Manning not passing for the 1st down when they had the ball with around a minute left. They wimped out, ran the ball, and punted. A first down there wins the game for Denver.

I said so at the time. How the fuck John Fox is still employed by the Broncos is a goddamn mystery to me after yesterday.

Did the Broncos fire John Fox yet?

We draft Kappy yet, Dennis?

48. Alleykat says:

I liked Terry Bradshaw’s tweet about Colin Kaepernick: Bradshaw gushed:”That was some of the best quarterbacking I’ve ever seen.”

• NoFear49er says:

I thought he was the guy still pouting over the switch away from Alex on that Fox show. Maybe that’s why he’s a ‘teevee star’ and not a head coach.

• Alleykat says:

Yeah that’s probably true Nofear.I do remember some bro-mance love between him and Alex.Think he might want a three way with Howie or Strahan as well.With alittle Jimmy hair rub for dessert.

• NoFear49er says:

Hey, I like Bradshaw. Sometimes I wonder if he just likes to hear himself talk.

Carroll rolling out the Bear D?

Kevin, had the Niners lost, Harbaugh would have had to take his lumps for making the switch. And he would have been subject to a ton of 2nd guessing. Other than that? Tough shit. Harbaugh certainly doesn’t give a shit about what the media perceives as his responsibility toward running the team. He answers to no one. Granted, losing exposes one’s failings, but he didn’t lose last night, due in large part to Kappy.

Like I said last night, it was a crazy, stupid, ballsy, and in the end, correct move that Harbaugh made. Kappy had a game for the ages, and the higher risk offense kicked some ass yesterday.

Will we make it to the Super Bowl? Well, we’ll see. It looks like we have to travel, barring a complete Atl meltdown. Either team offers their challenges, but I certainly think the Niners can take care of Atlanta.

Still and all, I think we’re past the point of thinking taking Smith out was the wrong decision.

As if on cue, Ryan throws a dumb dumb pass. Atl is collectively puckering their scphincters just a little.

THAT was a huge turnover for the Seahawks. That could be a horse of another color.

Wow. Natty Ice needs to put together a drive here. Major puckerage for Atl.

Atlanta is in trouble.

They had the mo and they let it go.

Pete the Cheat to Mike Nolan: Thanks Mike for going into your prevent the entire 2nd half so my Seahawks are now back in this game. Please continue. If your conservative approach, lack of blitzing and playing your corners and safeties in the Zip Code lead to my team winning; you’ll find an extra fruit basket at Christmas this year. OK. It’ll be the first time I ever sent you or anyone else a gift, but you get the idea.

Love,

Pete

*next* Zip Code. And you can add shitty tackling to my letter as well.

My best always,

Pete

• NoFear49er says:

Did you notice the two INT’s at all? Atlanta is what 13-3? Must be the shitty D.

I’m talking about TODAY’S game, Fear. Nolan’s D. with the big lead has been god awful. He now has a chance to redeem himself; final drive with 2 mins. remaining. Let’s see how his calls come to fruition.

*Side note: I am rooting for Nolan and his Falcons to win. Just think his play calling leaves a lot to be desired for…today.

57. Alleykat says:

Should have figured fuckin Nolan,would choke his chicken late and give the.Seahawks a chance to pull it out.

Pete has THREE TOs and decides not to use one now?
    Spit would call Pete a, “Geneous.”

59. Chico says:

Atlanta just blew it.

60. philippinefan says:

Here comes Seattle…to Candlestick?

Predicted to Berger 20 mins. ago that the best thing for us would be for the Falcons to win on a late Matt Bryant FG. Falcons would be emotionally spent and just happy to be in the NFCCG. Could happen now…

62. Chico says:

Awesome game! On to Atlanta.

I AM Carnac the Magnificent!!!!

WTF was that???????? Is Mike Smith trying to lose this game?

Julio down by the motherfucking schoolyard!!!!

66. Alleykat says:

Fuck Yeah!!! What a finish!!
    I’m needing a Triple Martini minimun right now!
    This game was a cardiac paddle arrest nightmare.
    I’ll take the W and be happy.

Seriously. That was either the worst decision and/or execution of a squib quick with Mike Smith? Oh, fuck yeah!

The blog ate my full comment. I said squib kick with Mike Smith? Oh, fuck yeah!

I ain’t that drunk — yet.

It did it fucking again. I was trying to say squib quick with (< 10 secs to go). Maybe the less than sign negated my full comment?

I'm not that drunk. Really. I'm not.

Chuck, I’m getting emails every time one of your bloggers post something. WTF

69. Grumpy Guy says:

What drunken shit was I blabbering about last night? Oh yeah: “Push that pedal through the fucking floorboard. NEVER let up.”

Two more coaches got a taste of why that is today. Atlanta let up and only advanced by their short hairs. Seattle started celebrating in their heads after the last TD and gets to be home for MLK Day. NFL offenses in the modern game have too much firepower. No lead is safe.

Grab the game next week by the throat and choke until their eyes pop out of their fucking heads. Don’t stop choking their carcass until the final gun puts it in the ground. Get it done, Jimbo.

• Alleykat says:

“Grab the game next week by the throat and choke until their eyes pop out of their fucking heads.”
      LMFAO Grumpy…And so fucking true.This is the God-dam Playoffs,where every team is nawing on left over bones and don’t want to give them up.
      Both Denver& now Seaturds found that out.Both blowing chunks in their pants late to blow games.

Agree, was very happy to see the aggression all game yesterday.

• NoFear49er says:

For all the fan-talk about going for it on fourth down, Carroll left an easy 3 points on the ten yard line. Or should I say the game.

Yup, Pete suffers from over-cuteness at times. Harbaugh/Roman seems to have gotten over that. The stupid thing is neither the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 went to Lynch. They took Lynch out on a lot of 3rd and short plays.

Loved the fact we didn’t turtle at all yesterday on the defensive side.

Yeah. Atl finally gets their playoff win. Now they can fade back into the distance.while we roll to NOLA . . .

• NoFear49er says:

It made sense for Pete. He’s all about getting his guys fired up and that would have. I expected to see a fake to Lynch there myself. But my point is that it’s not as cut and dried as some would have it that being aggressive is all it takes.

71. shaman138 says:

Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

• philippinefan says:

Naw we drafted Kap instead. How’d that work out?

Again. Not the argument of my incessant and unnerving proclamation stating; Did we sign Peyton Manning yet? People were HAPPY and THOUGHT this team was BETTER OFF with ALEX SMITH after Manning signed with the Broncos.

My entire argument, no, I actually didn’t have one in that debate. It didn’t require an argument. All I kept saying, and needed to keep saying was…

HE’S PEYTON FUCKING MANNING!!!

The Del Mar defense rests, your honor. Case motherfucking closed.

• Grumpy Guy says:

Is Peyton Manning watching the games on TV next week yet? 😉

Terrible playoff football today. Mike Smith goes conservative with the ball with four minutes left to play and they almost (and should have) lost the game because of it. Then Mike Smith and his kicker can’t the last kickoff right? Who in the world goes onside there? I know it was supposed to be a squib, but that’s terrible football. And now …. Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak are awful. Schaub is Alex Smith all over again and Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips are so boring to watch. The fact that the Texans make the divisional round each year is simply a testimony to how awful the AFC is. The 49ers are going to destroy Mike Smith and the Falcons, and then they’re gonna destroy the Patriots. The 49ers will win the Super Bowl!

* can’t “get” the last kickoff right?

The NFC will win the Super Bowl again this year and make it four in a row: New Orleans, Green Bay, New York and San Francisco. The AFC is horrible.

75. Grumpy Guy says:

Early predictions for next week:

Ravens 35, Patriots 31.

49ers 38, Falcons 21.

Grump, would you care to make a friendly wager on that Ravens/future POTUS game?
      There’s no fucking way that a loving God would allow Baltimore and Ray “I beat the Murder Rap” Lewis to get to another Super Bowl. If God does, it’s further proof that he does not exist.

• Grumpy Guy says:

God exists. The bitch just has a wicked evil sense of humor. Once you get your head around that, everything in life makes sense.

A Harbaugh-Harbaugh Super Bowl will be entertaining as hell. Kind of like Iwo Jima. There will be blood, and lots of it. The over-under for the ambulance will be set at three players.

• Flavor says:

I willingly and deservedly took shit for my 0-4 last week but I went 4-0 this week. Phil, am I the lone ranger on 4-0 this week?
      Flavor says:
      January 10, 2013 at 6:21 pm
      Ok, ok, mr 0-4 is checking in. I made sure I re-focused for this thread, I was a joke last week. And I’m owning that shit.
      So I did 5 or 6 deep knee bends and I beat off pretty voraciously and I can now safely say that I am ready to release my “picks ‘o da week”. Bet against at your own peril….
      Baltimore beats Denver, mostly because I’ve hated them since college. And their QB is a bit of a thorn in my side too. Dennis, still waiting on you to send me a valid address to send you your “winnings”. Wish your flailing liver good luck. 27-26 Baltimore wins.
      NE beats Houston because Houston’s defense can literally choke on my massive pole,, for hours. Their D ruined me in one of my fantasy leagues. Plus, I’m against the death penalty, at least until they kill those fucks after 1 appeal. . NE wins big 42-14.
      Atlanta is going to beat Seattle. I could sketch it out for you but my interest is low on that task. Atlanta 31-21
      And for the pick everyone’s been waiting for, niners over the pack. Since I’m going 3 for 3 up to this point I’ve got no problem “homering” this one: SF 34 GB 16.
      “Make it so, Number One”….

• Flavor says:

I agree and see both of those outcomes. I could totally and easily see a Harbaugh/Harbaugh SB. I could also see NE winning but I think Baltimore wins that game.
      I am much more confident about the Niners beating the shit out of Atlanta. It won’t be close. We are going back to the super bowl this year be-atches and Denny I don’t give a single fuck about *jinxes* or whatever the fuck you believe in……..

76. Grumpy Guy says:

Gronkowski broke his arm – he is OUT for the rest of the playoffs.

from Yahoo. I knew it was in the ballpark but didn’t know it was this underwhelming……
    “This is the fifth time one of Manning’s teams have gone one-and-done despite hosting their first playoff game. Manning’s teams are just 9-11 in the playoffs. A staggering eight of those losses have come when they were favored, according to Covers.com archives. Three of the losses were as double-digit favorites. No quarterback wins or loses games on his own, but fair or not, those playoff disappointments will be part of Manning’s history in the game.”

Flavor basking and taking pot shots at a future HOFer could only be explained by him being an Alex Smith apologist. Has Alex Smith been named a 12x Pro Bowler? Maybe a 6x All-Pro? No? Perhaps a 4x MVP and the favorite to be the fifth? Ah, he must have been the fastest QB to reach 50,000 yds, 4,000 completions and 400 passing TDs. Alex didn’t do that either? Hmm? I know. Alex must have won and been named MVP of a Super Bowl, yes?

Listen to me and listen to me good you fucking mook. You want to rag on Peyton Manning’s play yesterday? Fine. I’m going to rag on Alex Smith’s play yesterday. Oh wait, I can’t. Why?

HE WAS SITTING ON THE FUCKING BENCH!!!

Did we sign Peyton manning yet?

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

Yesterday Peyton Manning was a LOSER.
        Good luck supporting your LOSER QB.

I’d rather support a losing QB that actually played, then the one who the coach thought would be best, SITTING ON THE GODDAMN BENCH!!!

78. Grumpy Guy says:

One thing that still is not working very well – our tight ends. Yes, we had one beautiful TD to VD. But. We had ten targets to TEs. Only 2 balls caught. 1 of 5 to VD, 1 of 5 to Venus de Milo- err, that is, Delanie Fucking Walker.

Kappy was 2 of 10 to the TE…. 15 of 21 to everyone else.

• Spitblood says:

I’ve been tellin’ you, Grump. Harbaugh needs to get Tom Celek and his dolphin shorts more playing time instead of Delanie Walker. And why Delanie Walker is on the hands team is an unbelievable oversight on the behalf of Seely and Harbaugh. Sweet Christmas.

• Grumpy Guy says:

I really hope Walker and Ted Ginn are gone next year. Venus de Milo and Stevie Wonder have no place on an NFL team.

• Spitblood says:

I think we need a second tight end WHO CAN ACTUALLY CATCH more so than an upgrade over Ginn. Ginn is reliable catching punts. I don’t need a world beater catching punts. I need a guy who I know will catch the football. That applies to both the second tight end and the punt returner. Catch the ball. Ginn can, Delanie can’t.

Seriously. I want all of you fuckers that thought Alex Smith > Peyton Manning gave us the best chance of winning the SB this year to raise your hand. No. On second thought. Keep your one good hand on your ED needing prick where it is. I’d only shoot your raised hand with my Red Ryder carbine-action, 200-shot, range model air rifle then shoot my eye out.

Shoot me now Dennis. Maybe Manning gets the Niners a win or 2 more but we would all be bitching about being one and done today. Big picture bro, big picture.

You actually think if Peyton Manning were our QB yesterday we woulda lost to the Pack?

What time do you open up at the Chuckle Factory? I’ll take two seats down front, and for the love of Christ, don’t you dare water down my drinks.

Peyton Manning as the 49er QB would have lost to the Packers yesterday? You’re saying we woulda been one and done with Peyton Manning at QB? NO? Seriously?

Manning has a track record in post season play Dennis, it ain’t good. In Denver he had a strong defense and he used his weapons well in the regular season. The only reason the Bronco’s were even close to winning yesterday is 2 scores on special teams, except for that it’s a blowout and your boy Manning was largely ineffective. That has mostly been his MO in the post season.
        He is a regular season Giant and a Midget in the playoffs.
        I figure the Niners were making playoffs with Smith or Kap and yes I would take Smith over Manning to win a playoff game with the scheme and team the Niners have this year, every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
        I also don’t think Manning would have been a good fit for the Niners, square peg meet round hole.
        Kap is already better this year in playoff caliber QB’ing than Manning and that by a country mile. Smith would have been better too IMO.

I get you don’t understand why I think so, and that it the reason people tease you for touting Romo, Manning et al. Gaudy stats mean jack shit when all the teams are good in the playoffs.

Sando had the Squawks rated higher than the Niners, the only ESPN division bullshitter to do so. He is such a homer. Suck it Sando.

The Niners will beat the Falcons by three touchdowns. Then they’ll beat the Patriots by three touchdowns. That’s the number. 21. Prime Time. The Inconvenient Truth. 21 Don’t you forget it. I laugh at the Falcons. Please. Mike Smith? Please. Sure, the Patriots are tough…. if you fear cupcakes. If sprinkles make you all a twitter, you fear the Patriots. But if you’re not afraid of cupcakes, we got this. We just brought number 6 to SF and Harbaugh did it in year two. I’m not even sweating. If you’re a betting man, you bet the 49ers big. They can’t set the spread at 20. They just can’t. The advertisers would all walk away. Handicapping and advertising are directly related. But you know this already. You aren’t dum.

Del – regarding all your talk about Peyton – you hitched your wagon to a loser. Deal with it. Peyton Manning was consistently owned by the Patriots and Brady when Manning was with the Colts. Manning won the Super Bowl only because he played against Rex Grossman and the Chicago Bears. When he went up against a good team in the Saints, he threw arguably the worst pick 6 in Super Bowl history. Manning is good, but he’s not great. Forget all the MVPs and all the Pro Bowls. How many Super Bowl rings does he own? One. That’s it. For as long as that guy’s played, and with all the talent he’s had around him, Peyton Manning hasn’t had that much success. And it showed yesterday. He threw, yet again, another crucial pick. And don’t give me this…. “He’s older now,” or “It was cold outside,” or “He didn’t let Jacoby get past him.” Peyton Manning has a lot of Brett Favre in him. Manning has been around for years with a lot of talent around him and he’s only bested Rex Grossman to get one ring. Ouch.

And yes, I’d rather have Manning than Alex Smith, but when we didn’t get him I accepted that Harbaugh had a plan (despite being kicked off Facebook for “taunting” Jim Harbaugh for his poor decision to resign Alex Smith). You made a joke for a long, long time – hitching your wagon to a loser. Now take the criticism and deal with it you imbecile.

• Alleykat says:

Well said Spitblood and very accurate.For as long as Peyton has been in the league with his.stellar.stats and machine like precision,reading Defenses and scanning the whole field for five different recievers,and so on ,He has ONE Freaking Ring.Oh by the way ties him with FREAKIN TRENT NUMNUTTS DILFER.Yeah great company to be with!!!!
      Have we moved on with Kaep to the Championship game Dennis???As Peyton cries.at home with Eli and Archie

You’re all going to want to read this. This could be my finest post ever. I’ll set the crazy aside for one moment.

The 49ers are going to win the Super Bowl, and here’s why.

Jim Harbaugh is currently revolutionizing NFL offenses like Bill Walsh once did. It’s not a coincidence that Harbaugh drafted LaMicheal James and Colin Kaepernick. And it’s just icing on the cake that Crabtree was a Red Raider. And where did Jim Harbaugh come from recently? That’s right. College. What Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman are doing is they are identifying that the rest of the NFL can’t defend college plays IF you get the play calling right. Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman are basically taking the Oregon Ducks offense, sprinkling in a lot of pistol, and they’re also using a power run game along with the Tim Tebow / Urban Meyer read option.

Who brought the read option to the NFL? Tebow. But Alex Smith started copying Tim Tebow in the NFC Championship game. Greg Roman has stated, “I hate the copy cat component of the NFL,” but Greg is copying college football and putting it all together in a way the NFL has no clue how to defend. And did you watch the Seattle / Falcons game? The Seahawks were running a lot of the same plays the 49ers run. The Seattle Seahawks were copying the 49ers’ offense. Russell Wilson didn’t start running the read option until Kaep started running it effectively when Smith was still the starting qb.

So Harbaugh and Roman move away from the Alex Smith ball control football, and they go college spread with the Tebow read option, the Nevada Pistol, and a lot of the LaMicheal James Oregon Ducks offense. I wonder if James was consulting the 49ers on how to run certain aspects of the Ducks’ offense.

Regardless. We know our defense with or without Justin Smith is Super Bowl caliber. It’s always been whether or not the offense could hold its head up. But instead of Harbaugh and Kaep going conventional, Kaep and Harbaugh embraced the college game and it will win the 49ers their sixth Super Bowl. Do you think Mike Nolan will be able to defend our offense? NO CHANCE. Bill Belicheat couldn’t. Lovie Smith couldn’t. Dom Capers couldn’t.

Jim Harbaugh, Greg Roman, LaMicheal James, Colin Kaepernick are right now educating the NFL. Sprinkle in a little “old school,” offense with Gore and Moss, and it’s almost impossible to defend this team. And do you really think defensive coordinators are going to catch up with only two week left in the season? Ron Jaworski was right. Jim Harbaugh had something up his sleeve, and it’s a combination of several different college spread attacks. And Roman and Harbaugh have already found the players to run the college / morph / spread attack with an amazing running attack.

I’ll bet anyone the 49ers will win the Super Bowl. I’m that confident. Did you see what we did to New England on Sunday night a while ago? If it wasn’t for the team going soft in the 3rd and 4th quarters, we would have dominated the Patriots. Belicheat isn’t going to be able to pull a defense together for THIS offense in two weeks. Forget about it.

What’ll happen is that the 49ers will win the Super Bowl, and then the rest of the league will spend the entire off season drafting and constructing defenses that can actually defend the 49ers’ college morph spread attack. But it won’t matter. The sixth Lombardi is headed to SF. Let ’em figure it out next off season – Harbaugh will be ahead of the game next year too. Bill Walsh would be proud. Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman are revolutionizing the way offense is played in the NFL.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

News for you. The read option was being run in the 1960’s with the Veer and the Wishbone.
      Who was Tebow’s coach at Florida? The same guy that coached Alex Smith at Utah, Urban Meyer. Smith ran the same offense at Utah.
      Futile in your efforts to revise history.

• Spitblood says:

Chuck – you should bring in some help to attack this post because you’ll be stealing the information off this post for the next two years. LOL.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………..

Wha? Huh? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………………………………..

Seeing as RGIII ran it from the get-go this year, uh zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Spitblood says:

There’s no pistol in RGIII’s game. And there’s no Oregon Ducks influence in Shanahan’s offense. RGIII runs a read option with a stretch play that sets up the play action. Did you watch the Redskins this year, Chuck? You’ll catch on to what I’m layin’ down….. eventually. LMAO.

But by all means, carry on.

Did you mention pistol? You were talking read option somewhere. I didn’t read your latest tome. I’m waiting for the after school special starring Leif Garrett..

87. Flavor 12th man also aced the test this weekend but 4-0 is a hell of a turn around

Man you have 7 wins as does Alleykat. I posted that before the NE game so you two (and everyone but Shaman) picked up one more:

“You and 12th man have 7 wins. Del Mar, Nipper and Grumpy have 6. Good job men. Rest of us have 5 or less. (Flavor has 4)

Ok updated. Start making yer calls for the NFC and AFC Championships.

I have Man and Grumpy and Barley (except Sea ain’t going) so who do you like in the AFC Barley?

I’m going with SF and Balt per Man and Grumpy. But hey goddamint I made the SF all by my widow self. Capice?

89. barleyfreak says:

We match up extremely well against ATL, IMO. Their OL is not that great. We can put pressure on Matty Lice. We can stop the run (when we try). The only true weapons that might give us some hiccups are Jones & White. Their D? Seriously? They can’t stop our O. Only WE can stop our O.

Sure, it’s a road game, loud, blah blah blah, but the only real worry I might have is breaking this “every third game we play like shit” shit. And let’s face it, it’s the fans that pay attention to that — not the players. I smell victory.

I’m 5-3. I went against my gut on the Denver game. But I should have got that one right 🙂 . Fox blew that game badly. Oooops.