Peripatetic Pigskin Prognosticators Please Proceed

From IrishKevin. It’s from week 5 of the season, but it’s funny as hell . . .

qbsmacktalk1

qbsmacktalk2

qbsmacktalk3

qbsmacktalk4

qbsmacktalk5

qbsmacktalk6

qbsmacktalk7

qbsmacktalk8

Well, here we are in weekend two-o of the playoffs. Most everyone went with the home teams last week, and were rewarded with 3-1 records.The big boys are coming to the plate, so this should be a very interesting set of games. I haven’t really thought about any of these games short of the Niners/Packers, and to say that I’d be surprised to see Atlanta win, but . . .

Seattle wins a closer-than-expected battle 24-20.

The AFC has the oh-so-close-but-not-quite Baltimore Ravens vs the Manning-led (not a dry seat in Dennis’ house) Denver Broncos. Normally I’d think that Baltimore’s defense would win the day, but Manning has been on fire since October. After starting 2-3, Denver has won 11 in a row, including a 34-17 crushing of those same Ravens. They look pretty strong, but can they take the Ravens now that crappy dancer is back? Looks to be a tough game, but Balt isn’t young anymore, and Flacco is, well, Flacco. Never consistent enough. Denver’s defense is better than Balt’s offense, so they go nowhere. Give this one to the Broncos, 28-10.

New England and the Houstons? Houston is a smoke-and-mirrors team. They played an easy schedule, and the tough teams they played: NE, Indy, GB, and Minn, they lost. They did beat Cincy, but shouldn’t have. Ponder missed on too many wide open opportunities, and couldn’t cash in to AJ Green despite many chances. New England wins big. 38-13.

To recap:

SF 34 – GB 17
Sea 24 – Atl 20
Den 28 – Balt 10
NE 38 – Hou 13

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

78 Responses to Peripatetic Pigskin Prognosticators Please Proceed

SF 31, GB 27
    NE 38, Houston 17
    Den 27, Balt 17
    Seattle 34 Atl 24

Ok Snarkk with scores even. Get to this in a bit.

But one more Harbaughism before the prognosticatin’ proceeds:

“Q: Did Akers’ playoff experience factor into your decision?”

HARBAUGH: “Can’t possibly….I feel like we have plowed that ground as thoroughly as it can possibly be plowed.”

Translation’: “So shut up already” ! Lol, Harbaugh…

Nice post. Prognosticators we got: Niners Divisional Playoff Game VS Packers. Our peerless pigskin proctologists predict VS the Cheeseheads: Who you gonna call?

Chuck: 34-14 Niners. Dennis is pissing his pants already regarding Green Bay. This one should be better than the last one. 34 -17 or some shit like that. Rodgers is the easiest guy to face of the QBs left in the playoffs not named Matt Ryan. He won;t be able to throw under the constant pressure.

Grumpy Guy: 49ers 27, Packers 24. Nail biter time. Question is, can we get that pressure this time with Justin at less than 100%? Aldon looked very ordinary with Justin on the sideline. We’re rested… ready? We’ll see. We looked horrible following the bye this year. I think we win, but I’m far from convinced it will be easy.

barleyfreak: 38-34, Niners. I keep reading that we need ball control to keep Rodgers off the field to win this Sat. That sounds well and good, but my gut tells me that we won’t keep him off the field. In fact, unless Justin Smith has miraculously healed, I see us getting abused by Rodgers and his WR corps. This is not the same team we faced in week one. But I still think we win. The key is David Akers. Just seeing if you’re paying attention. The key is Kaep. Despite those saying that we can’t win a shootout with Aaron Rodgers, I think that is going to be the only way we DO win. We’re going to have to score points because I think our D is vulnerable right now. But I think we will. 38-34, Niners.

Nipper: Niners win big time.

Phil: 31-24 Niners. I’m with you Nip. Niners win big: pressure Rodgers with disguised blitzes, heavy dose of Gore and James, hurry up offense and downfield passing couple times a quarter, run out of the option. GB has only seen two (2) option plays all season! No fuck ups on STs. Del Mar’s gonna have a lot of company wetting his pants with the freakin’ Pack coming to da Stick next Saturday…

Leo the Great: 35-21 GB. Got a real bad feeling about the 49ers. A reduced Justin Smith, no Manningham, kicking game mess, …thought it was funny to hear Bowman say they got the defense squared away against AZ…HAHA…facing that chump QB? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS> GB 35 SF 21

Irish Kevin: 17-13 Niners. I hope to god that Harbaugh watched that game (the BCS Championship) and took pointers from Alabama!! Throw your opponent on the ground and keep them there!! If the Niners try to score only when needed this is going to be a long game. Niners 17 – GB 13. I just don’t see Harbaugh taking chances with throwing the ball down the field.

Spitblood: 42-6 Niners. What happened the previous bye? That’s right. Ultimate Saints domination. And that’s what I’m projecting now…… Niners 42, Packers 6. No joke. We’re gonna crush ‘em. All the turnovers our D creates won’t be squandered by Alice Smith, AND the New England game taught Kaep about putting good teams away

Flavor: 26-16 Niners. I’ve got no qualms about talking some shit on my favorite Niner blog. I’ll say the Niners win 26-16…. Smith’s likely underwhelming contribution to this game is a fantastic reason to take GB on the $ line. But I won’t be doing that because only the fakest of fake Niner fans would predict a loss for their team in a playoff game……..

shaman138: 35-28 Niners. I see this one being virtually identical to last year’s Saints game, where SF gets ahead early and shuts down Rodgers, but Rodgers is dynamic enough to stay in the game and make it a shoot-out. Kap & Co. will be able to score on Green Bay’s half-assed defense and I think they’ll be able to pull away with the game in the 4th quarter. I’m calling SF over GB 35-28.

Winder: 41-34 Niners. Our DB’s are gonna have to play their best game this week GB has 3 top WR’s that all catch balls in the middle. It will probably be the most active Willis and Bowman have been in a while. We HAVE to figure a way to get to Rodgers. I think we should run a no huddle offense for the most part and KEEP all penalties to a minimum(hear that db’s and ol-men) 41 – 34 Niners

phil: Playoff prognosticatin’ a’plenty. If not now then when?

Ahhh, didn’t know that J Smith’s detatched tendon came off a bone spur. Had that happen in my ankle when I was around 22. There was a lump the size of a nickel above my ankle bone where the tendon rolled up. My ankle regained its normal functioning within a month, and I had that lump for 14 years. It eventually faded to barely nothing.

Leo the Great outed himself as Z the other day so I suspect he won’t be back. I wonder about Touchdown Tommy as well . . .

RTF? Who knows?

Twin has already let his feelings be known to me.

Would you care to expound on those feelings? Is Twin no longer posting here because he’s butt hurt that Alex is no longer starting? Is it because of Spit’s eblouissante personality? Something I said?

And what’s with all the pee jokes? Did you buy stock in Depends? The only thing I’ll be pissing down is Jimbo’s throat if Akers misses the GW kick.

Is Twin done or on hiatus?

Niners 41-34
    Denver 34-10
    Seattle 24-23
    NE 34 -17

Well done on the alliteration.

Hard to imagine DEN or NE not winning, it’s the SEA game that is hardest for me to pick. And our game that’s hardest to step outside the fan and pick. Nevertheless, and cutting through the potpourri of preposterous propaganda:

DEN
    GB
    SEA
    NE

As for the score of our game competition: GB 24-20

I’d love to be wrong and we end up stomping on the Packers but just don’t see it with Justin Smith proving the better player on the d-line with half an arm inside. That means he must punch with his right arm and control with his left. Think they don’t know that? Funny that no one is crying about Justin being put in danger of further damage to his arm. Especially those screaming about Shanahan and RG3.

Different situations, skippy. Plus, Fangio is already saying if he sees any slippage in play, Smith’s out, as opposed to Shanny driving RG III into the ground. As it is, RGIII looks to miss at le4ast 1.3 of next season. And Justin’s near the end of the string anyway .If it was Kappy, I’d be a little more vociferous in protecting him.

Harbaugh announced this afternoon that Akers will be the kicker. Cundiff will be on roster, inactive. Anybody that can explain what the hell happened with this, and why this is all better now, or not, please do…

• Flavor says:

Um, Cundiff sucks? I’m cool with the decision, the easy one would have been to go with Cundiff–less blame on JH if he shits himself.
      So either Cundiff is terrible (and based off Lynch’s observations that’s not the case) or JH has turned into Capt Queeg and is ready to take this ship DOWN!
      We’ll see on Saturday night….

I’m watching the Niners/Packers Week 1 replay on the NFL Network. It’s funny seeing Bobby Boucher at QB for the 49ers.

“My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.”

Ok, ok, mr 0-4 is checking in. I made sure I re-focused for this thread, I was a joke last week. And I’m owning that shit.
    So I did 5 or 6 deep knee bends and I beat off pretty voraciously and I can now safely say that I am ready to release my “picks ‘o da week”. Bet against at your own peril….
    Baltimore beats Denver, mostly because I’ve hated them since college. And their QB is a bit of a thorn in my side too. Dennis, still waiting on you to send me a valid address to send you your “winnings”. Wish your flailing liver good luck. 27-26 Baltimore wins.
    NE beats Houston because Houston’s defense can literally choke on my massive pole,, for hours. Their D ruined me in one of my fantasy leagues. Plus, I’m against the death penalty, at least until they kill those fucks after 1 appeal. . NE wins big 42-14.
    Atlanta is going to beat Seattle. I could sketch it out for you but my interest is low on that task. Atlanta 31-21
    And for the pick everyone’s been waiting for, niners over the pack. Since I’m going 3 for 3 up to this point I’ve got no problem “homering” this one: SF 34 GB 16.
    “Make it so, Number One”….

Be honest. You’re picking Baltimore to win just for spite (like Seinfeld returning that jacket) so you can stick it to me that Peyton Manning lost. I like it. As for your other three picks, as Curly said in “Disorder in the Court,” “No objections. [snaps fingers] Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk.”

Just watched Akers connect on an NFL record-tying 63 yd. FG to end the half at GB.
    What the fuck happened?

And if it weren’t for Bobby Boucher throwing the ball OB to the right (when he had an open receiver) on both 2nd and 3rd down, Akers would never have been given the chance to tie the record. Alex Smith comes through once again…

Denver
    New England
    Niners (big over the Packers)
    Seattle

14. Grumpy Guy says:

SF 27 – GB 24
    Sea 35 – Atl 19
    Den 34 – Balt 24
    NE 27 – Hou 10

Just because I haven’t posted it on any blog in over a month…

Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

I feel better now. And I’m sure the rest of you do not. Mission accomplished.

Any of you mooks lucky enough to be going to the game? If so, have a great time, and for the love of Christ, don’t be a jinx!

I was all set to call Billy Cundiff as our POTG for Saturday. Whoops. Now I’m in a bind. My next inclination is Crabtree, but he’s a little obvious. But he and Kap sure do have a nice rapport. How bout my favorite draft choice this year? Yep. I loved the LMJ pick. Hated the A.J. Jenkins selection. The record shows. I watch my college football. I’ll call LMJ on offense, and A. Brooks on D. Expecting a big game out of our left-side end rusher. The Packers’ RT is straight off the street. I think he was the Grease Monkey for the cars Jujuan Harris was trying to peddle. At LEAST 1 1/2 sacks Saturday for A. Brooks. Book it!

Yeah, I think Brooks is gonna have a big game as well. Still waiting to see LMJ get some screen action. He’s fantastic in open spaces.

I think you can call this going out on a small limb, but I’ll say LMJ has more TOTAL yds. rushing and receiving than Gore. Not exactly sure where the big gainer will come from, but I’m calling for a 49+ yd run OR pass reception from James.

Book it, Dano! I feel it in my bones. Just like Paulie did when it came to Starry “Fucking” Hope in “The Pope of Greenwich Village.”

Everyone’s looking forward to the 49ers / Packers game, but I think the Falcons / Seattle game will be the best game of the week. The 49ers are going to dominate the Packers. You’ll be changing the channel by halftime – watching Girls Gone Wild because your wife, girlfriend or pet reptile can’t watch games with you because you yell and scream at the TV and call Harbaugh an idiot, but she loves you so you get to watch 49er games live (not DVR’d), and you’ll take advantage of the situation and get in an ultra spank. Mark my words. But the game you’ll want to watch is the Seattle / Falcons game. Seattle has nothing to lose, and the Falcons have everything to lose…. so in a way, the Falcons already have their back to the wall, and a cornered Falcon is absolutely terrifying when they fly away. (I’ll be doing jokes here all week…. if you’re lucky). Mike will play tight, Pete will play loose and the game will come down to the end with Mike once again walking away from the playoffs with shmegg on his face.

Denver and New England? Please. In the battle of geriatrics, Peyton will best Ray. We already know that. I wonder if Peyton will give Ray a hug? If Peyton does give Ray a hug, Peyton will lose votes when he runs for Senator or President. His campaign strategists are already telling Peyton hugging Ray Lewis after the game will only be good if by the time Peyton runs for orfice the US is letting inmates vote. New England will clobber Houston….. again. I was watching ESPN and they were talking about the Gronk / Glover Quinn matchup. Glover? If I was a dominant receiver lined up against Glover, I would beat Glover like a rented Ford Taurus just on principle. But I’m interested in seeing if Gronk has any rust. Glover is four feet tall. Gronk is a monster. Only way Glover beats Gronk is if Gronk stays out late the night before doing the YMCA with Del until the early morning hours. Gronk, Welker, Brady and Lloyd dominate the Texans.

If I win the comcast contest I’m going.

Tix aren’t too too high for fair to middling seats.

And Flav, I’ve hated Denver since Elway weenied himself out of Baltimore and went to Denver.

• Winder says:

Chuck – Me too. Being a Stanford fan I always thought Elway was a Hot dog. He would pad his stats and the Cardinal/Tree/ Indians would lose the game. I wished Balt. wouldn’t have crumbled.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

If Elway stayed with the Colts their Quarterback Legacy would be unreal.
        Their Quarterbacks would be Unitas > Bert Jones > Elway > P. Manning > Luck.
        No chance for Jack Trudeau Mike Pagel, Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh then.

23. 36 hours to kickoff and the peerless pigskin prognosticators wait with bated breath (or in the case of Flavor- with a massive pole, lol) to see who will be da resident geniuses this week. Also waiting to hear from Del Mar, Nipper, 12th Man, Alleykat, Shaman, Irish Kevin, Z, V, TD Tommy and any others who might wander in. Chico? Berger?

We heard from Nate Silver, the guy who predicted Obama over Romney which was against most predictions at the time, says Pats-Squawks in the SB…

24. barleyfreak says:

DEN over BAL, 27-16
    SF over GB, 38-34
    NE over HOU, 45-24
    SEA over ATL, 33-24

As the week progresses, the pick I’m the least unsure of is the SF/GB game. It IS hard to step out of being a fan. Others (non SF fans) I’ve run into have serious doubts about SFs chances this weekend. Meh.

25. barleyfreak says:

Least SURE, that is…

Well, Herm Edwards is picking the Niners. Not sure of the rest of the wonks at ESPN. Or anywhere else for that matter. CBS has a new sports channel on cable, (Monday morning QBs, with Rich Gannon, Steve Buerline, and a couple other guys who I can’t remember) and they all picked GB.

That’s the fun of being a fan. For the most part I pick the Niners to win, but I didn’t think they’d beat NE on the road. I was unsure at the beginning of the year about the GB gme, but I did pick them to win that.

Niner will send Green Bay Packing 31-27

NE over Hou
    Atl over Squawks
    Bal over Den

Barley –
    Why try to step out of being a fan? For the objectivity? So you’d rather, for the sake of objectivity, not be a 49er fan while you’re picking your Super Bowl or divisional round picks? I gasp at the horror. Do you desire objectivity and subsequent credibility so in the future, when Fangio goes soft for a spell and doesn’t bring the blitz, you can say with all your insightful wisdom, “Yeah, that stretch of the game stunk,” …..you think our ears will all perk up — our eyes bulging out at the sage-like type on our screens — and think, “Well, because Barley exercised objectivity and didn’t pick the 49ers under this new Harbaugh regime to dominate all comers in the 2012 playoffs, Fangio must have gone soft? I’ll tell you who’s going soft around here. I tell you, brother. It’s you. The San Francisco 49ers are the greatest team to ever…. EVER play the game and it’s people like you (chinks in the armor so to speak) who bring this glorious franchise to their knees with their negativity and their own private hopes for credibility. If you’re a fan, brother, you’re a fan: cloaked in your own emotional bias for the world to see, deal with and begrudgingly appreciate. Fans are “fanatics.” I think your desire for objectivity is a hopeful attempt at finding credibility, but ironically, on this day, you’ve lost all …. every possible morsel of credibility because if there’s an exact time when your bias should roar it’s right now. Unleash the beast, Barley. Let the badge roam. The San Francisco 49ers are going to dominate – ABSO-FUCKIN’-LUTELY dominate the Green Bay Packers tomorrow evening. It goes back to the days of Lombardi and Walsh when the coached against each other as the Germans bombed Pearl Harbaugh. Then it moved from Lombardi and Walsh to Holmgren against Seifert and Mooch. This is a dire time in 49er history, something you’re apart of brother. You don’t abandon your team now hoping for objectivity. What kind of a fan are you? This is history…. it’s legacy… it’s life…. the very life you breathe in and out all day long with plumes of red and gold lacing your breath. What would life be without the 49ers? Where would we all be? I gasp. I can’t imagine to the horrors we’d all become without the purpose of loving our beloved San Francisco 49ers. I cannot, I will not, allow you or anyone else to jeopardize the mojo, the legacy or the spirit that is right now forming, growing all over Northern California with your talk of objectivity. Who are you to jeopardize such a thing? Our founding fathers brought forth this great football team with the hopes of domination. I will not allow you to desecrate that hope with your own selfish desire to appear credible. I will banish you from this like blog (like I did Twinfan), if you don’t now swear total and utter allegiance to our team…. our livelihood….. our passion by digging deep and recognizing what you truly know deep in your heart – that the 49ers aren’t just going to win tomorrow night, but it will be our finest hour. You cannot continue to reject the blood. Say it with me: “I’m a sinner. I’ve abandoned my boy.” With this simple act of penance, your sins will be washed clean and you’ll once again be deemed worthy to blog here under the supreme privilege of being called a fan of the great team in the nation – The San Francisco 49ers.

“Let the badger roam.”

Oh, Lord, please make him stop. The seintement is fine, but why use 2 sentences when you can use 100,000 words?

Shit, even Nate fricking Silver likes the Niners chances to reach the Super Bowl, but he predicts Seattle/NE.

And you didn’t run TF out of here, Spitty. Not sure why RTF split, though.

Oh, the joy of running a blog.

Spit, this is a blogg, not a place to start novels. I need you to write the Readers Digest version first. then you can post the novel. Anyway, have you all seen the pic over on SFgate of JSmith and his brace. Looks like what Barry Bonds use to wear in the batters box.

Denver 35 – Balt 17
    NE 28 – Houston 13
    Niners 17 – GB 13
    Atlanta 21 – Seachickens 17

Kevin, i added that shit you sent me to the top of this thread. Funny stuff!

34. shaman138 says:

9ers over the Cheesewads, 35-28

As much as I want to see Baltimore beat the Denver Delmars, it’s not happening–Donkeys over Ravens 28-14

Seattle will beat the Atlanta one-and-doners, 30-17

And I’m calling the Texans to stun the universe with a big upset over the Boston Cheaters–HOU over the Bradys 31-21. I’m probably going to be wrong on this one but for some reason I just have a hunch Houston will pull this one off.

Denver Delmars? Not too shabby. Sometime during the 3rd quarter of the Ravens/Delmars game, they’ll be running the Grade II San Fernando Stks. down at Santa Anita. The #4 horse? MILE HIGH MAGIC. 8/1 on the ML for Bob Baffert. Coincidence or fate? I’ll know the answer around 3:40 PST.

You guys wanna know the secret to winning? Simple. You devise a great game plan and then go execute it. Me? I mapped it out that a fresh supply of Vicodin would be available today for me to p/u at the pharmacy in time for tomorrow night’s game. Now I just have to make it up to the pharmacy without bumbling, stumbling or fumbling.

Devising a play to p/u pills at the pharmacy. I guess you could say it was “scripted.”

36. barleyfreak says:

Well, I tried to read it all but my eyes kind of glossed over and I started to fall asleep. Buck up big boy, I’m still predicting victory. It’s the playoffs, it is impossible for me to predict a Niner loss. But I feel nervous. So shoot me. But as a matter of consistency, I’ve felt nervous before every single freaking playoff game dating back to 1982’s divisional playoff game against NYG. The 3 straight losses in the early 70’s I remember vividly the feeling AFTER each loss. Despondency. Before the loss? Nervous? I was 11 years old. I caught frogs, played baseball, and watched the Niners. Nervous didn’t enter into it.

I also went on my 8 mile run this morning, wearing one of my Niner shirts. I changed the laces on my shoes to red, so the shoes are now red and yellow. Close enough to gold. Tomorrow I’ll bust out my other lucky garments (some of which I can’t mention or I might have to kill you). That’s all I can do. That and appreciate the joy tomorrow of my BP sky rocketing as I pace the room and down tequila. Playoff fever! Catch it! Delanie’s wide open! Catch it!

I went on an 8 mile run 25 years ago and I still haven’t finished.

Might have to break out my Forty Fucking Niners shirt. It’s an XL, but it has shrunk to tiny, and you can read the paper through it . . .

Sounds like a case of significant shrinkage, and you didn’t even just come from out of the pool. That’s rough. Good luck to you and your frightened turtle.

Shrunk like a tree trunk, skippy. I get more action in a week than you have these 3 odd years I’ve known you . . .

3 odd years? it’s at least 5. You won your Alex jersey courtesy of your Kentwan Balmer pick, and that was back in 2008. And we’d both been on the Insider for awhile before that Kevin Lynch draft pick contest. I’m surprised I’m still holding onto the floor after all those years…

Good article from the NYT chronicling Harbaugh’s and Kap’s personality. Jimbo has Kap programmed like Gort the robot. “Klaatu barada nikto.”

• Winder says:

Jesus, time does fly doesn’t it. I was even stupid enough to think the Balmer pick wasn’t so bad at the time. What a numbskull.

Criminy, when did I start posting on Red and Gold in the Chron? Has it really been 6 years?

39. barleyfreak says:

Here’s ESPN’s “expert” picks. Split down the middle — 7 for SF, 7 for GB. That includes some guy named “accuscore” and sportsnation, whatever the fuck that is.

Anyone in BLEEP mood? I’m feeling the cold but it’s winter so no complaints. Criminy, six years? Chuck is a vet!

41. Alleykat I’m going to wait until after the game Sunday to get into the Benmore scotch- presuming we win. Game is 9am local time here. Otherwise I’ll stick to the decent California wine I got down in da big city yesterday.

Now about yer picks? I got everybody’s right here in my classified, hermetically sealed 9ers Forever data base which is highly confidential and only shared with Twin Fan. So need yer input Kat. Nipper likes Niners and Atl and ??. Del Mar is holding his cards close like usual but obviously he’s got a bone fer da Denver Del Mars, the Brady Bunch, the Pack and ?? Who ya gonna call?

• Alleykat says:

Kat’s ready with his “Stone Cold Locks ” Phil!! And that Benmore Scotch & Stoogie work well together as i go 8-0 after this weekend!

Niners 27-20 over the Packers…Key to the game.Finish off drives!!! Gotta score TD’s not Freaking FG’s in the RedZone. Got to get in Rogers face and make his life miserable.Vernon Davis is gonna be a major key to me,as they will double Crabs alot IMO.LMJ another huge factor if they try and shut down Gore with 8 in the box.
      Denver 24-13 over the Ravens in a crappy snow game!
      Atlanta 23-20 over the Seahawks,as the Road weary Seahawks run out of gas .

New England 38-16 over Houston !! Brady just has a field day against these chumps!
      Atlanta 23-20 over the Seahawks!

42. Chico says:

Chuck, I scooped a few of your facebook photos on this blog post and posted them on my wall. Hilarious.

I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight. Christ. Why can’t it be game time right now? This will be the slowest 24 hrs ever.

Which pics?

And what’s yer fb page?

• Chico says:

The Pics of the facebook QB arguments that you posted on this blog post..

Email me, (you should have My email addy) I’ll send you my FB page. I’d post it here, but I don’t wish to have it out in the open for obvious reasons.

Ahhhh. ok. Yeah, that shit’s pretty funny.

New thread is up ..

Tim Kawakami was named California sportswriter of the year by National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association