Game Day 14 – Crunch Time

We are getting to the crux of the season here. The Niners can hit these playoffs anywhere from the 1 seed to on down to the outside looking in. I don’t see either happening, but winning the West is the main goal. Green Bay has a little easier time of it, and they may very well pass the Niners for the 2 seed. Seattle likely wins as well tomorrow, so the Seahawks game next week could very well determine the west should the Niners lose tomorrow. I think  they win, for some crazy reason. I think Kappy has a big game, and I think the defense does well enough to slow Brady and co.

I hope these guys worked on using the speed they suddenly have out there since AJ and LMJ look to get a lot more field time with Hunter, KW, and Manningham out. I would love to see more screens and passes to the flat to give these guys the ball with some green around them.  If NE plays it like Miami and St Louis did, the slants will be there. Take a few shots with Randy and AJ, use the speed. Defensively? Well, the hope is we don’t start slow, as NE can jump on you pretty fast and throw up a 21 spot in short order. That being said, how is a good question. The Niners worked over GB pretty good with their base D. They didn’t do as well vs Minn and the Giants.  They will likely have to throw some blitzes in despite the risk of getting burned.

563 Responses to Game Day 14 – Crunch Time

The ultra conservative shit through the 4th quarter was way uncalled for. The O had 12 plays while the D gave up 4 TDs. That’s just fucked up.

But, to win in NE in December is aa pretty big deal. Especially when we gave away 20 points.

3. B says:

They got very lucky after leaving 17 points in 1st half and thinking they could relax in 2nd.

4. philippinefan says:

Who called for a 7 point spread.? I’ll check

LaMichael’s return really was the catalyst. Crazy-ass game.

Wow. Giants are out of the playoffs as of now.

wow, huge win. When was the last drive they actually got a first down? 8? 9? Pathetic. Brady throws the ball 65 times for 443? Ha, nice 68.9 QB rating, d-bag.

8. philippinefan says:

Yep pretty damn good call

that was one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen……..

Well, whoever was responsible for stopping the bleeding, I’m glad they pulled it off. It is a big deal to beat the Pats on the road while they were so hot.

I think that will be the end of the why the QB switch talk, too.

My question now is where the F has LMJ been all season? Don’t let Ted Ginn get near a damn punt for the rest of the year. Or, put him in, but tie his hands and feet. That way, there’s only a small chance the ball hits him…

You guys can go back and check the ledger. WTF did I say when Kirk Cousins was drafted? I pulled the old Charlie Sheen, “Winning!!!” I watched his entire career at Mich. St. I know a winner when I see one.

Guess who just woke up? That’s right, Frank the Cat! What’s on Frank’s menu for tonight? Looks like Frank’s in store for some savory salmon tonight. Winning!!!

13. Chico says:

I can breathe now.. That was a fucking anxiety attack that didn’t have to happen.

The media should be raking Harbaugh over the coals. They abandoned the first half D approach that bottled up Brady, and as a result, totally collapsed a sure win into an unbelievable nail biter. Not to mention the horrific offensive play calling that kept the wraps on the passing game, and gassed our defense with three and outs in the second half.. There has to be a total re-evaluation of that second half Niner coaching. It sucked…

They’d better realize that they nearly gave it away. I’m sure they do, but the media is going to cream all over Harbaugh since he got the win. They went soft on D, and completely shriveled up on offense. Should not have gotten that close. But the O gave away a shitload of points as well.

Hard to believe Kappy only threw 25 (14 completions) times for 216. 180 on the ground though.

For all the heat ST have been getting (rightly so), the fake punt and the LMJ KR were big deals. Akers with another miss? Sure the conditions sucked, but he pushed it. It had none chance.

Snarkk, LMJ was horrible in punt returns in the preseason. GInn ain’t going anywhere.

• rtfirefly says:

“Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas” is a pretty good one. I’ll find more if you want.
      The San Francisco Forty Niners just beat the defending Super Bowl Champions on National Network Television. On their field in the freezing rain.
      And it’s not even the playoffs yet.
      Maybe Heart would be better?

• snarkk says:

Well, I know, but that was pre-season, long time ago. Ginn has totally sucked pole the last coupla games as a punt returner. Bad decisions. I don’t want another playoff game lost because of bad punt returning. Either fair catch it, or let it go, in those critical situations in a close game…

Ginn was abysmal Chuck.

The coconut internet was at its worst today and I missed the LMJ kick return- when did that happen? After the last Pats TD?

Yes. NE had tied the score, and they kicked it to the left corner of the end zone, 4 yards deep. LMJ returned it 62 yards up the left sideline. If he had broken the last tackle he would have been gone.

19. Alton says:

A lot of second guessing. What is Harbaugh and Co’s record since they arrived???

20. rob says:

we win !

21. rob says:

lucky ? bad coaching ?

we beat new england , at new england in december ! imo we’re the better team !

Test

Lucky? No. Better team? Yes by far, despite the conservative play calling both sides of the ball which was the percentage play. Kap can score at will, he scored twice with a single play. You guys that doubted why Alex was replaced were wrong and that is just a plain fact. Kap is simply a better QB.

Twin says we need to see Kap in the play offs to see if the switch was justified. Bullshit, show me all the stats you like, Kap is a more dynamic and better QB period. Regardless of what the team does in the play offs, Kap has already more than justified his starting position. The subject is closed. The only question left is where will Alex play next year?

25. Alleykat says:

Hey Alton,The Niners are.10-3-1 your the “Moron” get your shit right or STFU!!!!

Smith’s going to AZ if it’s up to him.

Gotta question fer our pigskin prognosticators: Are these games “too big” fer Kaepernick? Or too small?

I answer = “Too Small”. That was proven tonight, Capice? Yeah fer the coaches ‘too damn big’ meybe. Hence the Bo-esque ‘play not to lose’ shit.

But the Kap is thriving in the Schembechler schemes so whadda I know? I know this: Kap has bigger balls than BO. Maybe JimBO already knows this?

Hope so.

Nothing like waking up at a quarter past two with your head in some chocolate birthday cake to put a “Kap” on your evening. Nothing says dedication more than red sprinkles stuck on your eyebrows. Frank, Al and myself would like to wish you a….

New thread is up!