Game Day – – – May the Schwartz Not Be With Deetroit . . .

Interesting day so far in the NFL. AZ (2-0) makes a pretty bold statement in beating New England in their house, and the Seahawks (1-1) are beating Dallas pretty good. The Giants nearly lost their 2nd straight to open the season, but rallied, and the Iggles rallied for a 4th quarter win themselves. The Siants may be Aints sooner than not. The Raiders are making me look bad in picking them for the division as thy puke all over themselves and lose to the Lowly Dolphins. But hey, if you have Carson Palmer on your fantasy team, he went 24-48 for 373 yards and a TD.  Which tells you all you need to know about how fantasy numbers apply to reality. Which is a lesson to be learned by a few around here. Chucking and ducking 50 times a game isn’t usually a sign that your team is doing well.

As far as the Niners and the Lions go? Wish I was there. Hey, should be a good one. . . .

144 Responses to Game Day – – – May the Schwartz Not Be With Deetroit . . .

1. rtfirefly2 says:

Jack, it’s a day for you to crow and me to eat it. Alex had a HOF game today.

2. rtfirefly2 says:

It’s best served warm. With A-1 sauce.

Wow. Don’t like the no guys deep on that. Small bit of redemption for WIlliams.

• Flavor says:

that was weird, even after the TO. Why set it up to have to have Williams sliding back down the field to secure the ball? Maybe he’s better catching it going backwards, who knows? 🙂

Nice game. Niners are no question, the real deal. First drive of the game reminded me of the good old days…

Well. A drive for the ages there. 4 3rd down conversions?

• Grumpy Guy says:

That’s the ‘next level’ we’ve been waiting for with Alex and Crabtree. Put the game on your back and win when it counts. I’m still unhappy with the numerous drops earlier in the game, but those two played lights out when they needed to.

6. I’ll take this win. God the refs are pathetic.

8 point differential, closer than I thought it would be

On to the hapless Vikings then.

Been meaning to say this all day– Chuck, no one appreciates a good headline more than me but this one….um…bleep?

NFC West won all 4 games against good teams with winning records. I don’t think they can keep hanging that worst division in football anymore.

Yep, no question the NFC West is on an uptick this year. My 11-5 still stands, but I could be persuaded right now to go 12-4…

I’m glad our division is playing good ball, it’s gonna be a dogfight all season. I understand Harbaugh’s reasoning in the play calling but I sure woulda liked to see Moss get a little more involved. Notice when Alex took that shot in the face it seemed to just piss him off. He was straight money after that. Hardnosed game the whole way through a little too conservative for my liking but it worked. I had a feeling we were gonna take these first 2.

• phil fan says:

Just a thought: (from PD G Cohn)

8:13 Alex Smith has converted three tough third down on this drive all to Crabtree. Now it’s Second and three at the Lions’ 23 with 3:11 left. Detroit just called timeout No.2. If the Niners score at all on this drive – and it looks like they will – they’ll win. They seem like the best team in the NFL.

8:16 Game over. Alex Smith rolls right and hits a wide open Vernon Davis, who jukes a few Lions and runs into the end zone untouched. 27-12.

MONEY. Aced it.

Moss they’re trying to save ‘for later’ when it Rally Counts.

Winder you still in the Islands??

Well the Niners are off to a dream start, looking at the schedule when it came out we all knew getting to 2-0 would be a tough row to hoe, yet here they are.
    1-1 Vikings are next with the only real danger being to overlook them thinking about the Jets and Bills games coming up. Jets and Bills both had reversals of fortunes in week 2, and so dramatically that I have no idea what to expect from either team. I do know one thing though, The 49ers are going to be hard to beat.

New thread is up . . .