Game Day # D – Or the MOST Meaningless of the Meaningless Games

Well, the regular season inches its way closer to the present. There’s just the formality of getting the most useless of the preseason games, game #4, out of the way. The usual way to play this is to have most of your starters sit this one out so you can evaluate the 2nd/3rd stringers that are fighting for their football futures to make one last push. Anthony Dixon, due to injuries to Brandon Jacobs and LaMichael James, has risen up the charts and looks like he’s made the team. At the expense of Rock Cartwright? Probably. Tremaine Brock on the other hand, was seemingly dealt a death-blow by the constant darts that  Peyton Manning threw his way that he coulsn’t stop. Perrish Cox made a nice pick after Manning left to garner praise. Praise that Vic Fangio has foisted upon him a lot lately. So, it’s not really useless, but if you are looking for some new wrinkles to the offense or some new blitzing schemes, I wouldn’t start here.

Of course there’s no word from Jimbo who is actually IS going to be the starting QB, but most would think Cappy Capperson gets the nod. I mean, how many more 6 yard passes can Smith and Crabs practice? I would like to see Manningham get on the field, but he is still out for his granfather’s funeral. Moss hopefully gets more than the one target last week. For all the press garnered by these new WR additions, they’ve caught what, 3 passes for 24 yards? Manningham hasn’t even caught a pass or played a down, but I guess he makes his debut in Green Bay. There’s playing it close to the vest, and then there’s playing it inside your chest cavity. then again, Alex’s favorite target, Vernon Davis only has one catch, albeit a 44 yard wheel route for a TD. One of 2 passing TDs in this preseason.

The defense has looked especially flat, but hey, I’m not one to worry about preseason. Really. Aldon Smith has been nursing a sore hip since the Viking game,  Bowman hasn’t played much, Culliver has missed games, and our deep LB corps have sustained a lot of injuries. The good news is the Niners get 10 days to healthy up and unveil their new-found offense, and their defense won’t skip a beat from last year’s domination. Hey, it could happen . . .

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

129 Responses to Game Day # D – Or the MOST Meaningless of the Meaningless Games

Yeah lets toast a winning and productive season for our FORTY-NINERS!

Chuck, I’ll give you credit for being dead on right for tonight. This is the MOST meaningless of meaningless games. But I’ll go even one step further…This is the MOST meaningless of meaningless seasons. Why? Because Peyton Manning decided to go to Denver. That’s why. After that, nothing, and I repeat NOTHING else mattered. Jesus H. Christ himself could have offered up his services to say the team pregame prayers for the entire season. Not going to help us one goddamn bit at quarterback now.

If Tony Bennett “Left his heart in San Francisco.” Then Peyton Manning broke it and every other San Franciscans when he left for Denver.

3. reddog says:

Del Mar Dennis
    Is it your fantasy to play center with Peyton towering behind you goosing your balls?

Goosing my balls? Nah. I don’t go for that. However, if Manning had the goddamn common courtesy to give me a reach around…? Fucking mook.

4. reddog says:

Del Mar Dennis
    You might as well be railing on the 49ers for not drafting Tom Brady and passing on him 5 times.
    That would be a more valid argumet than this Peyton Manning nonsense you’re driving.

No. I’m not blaming the 49ers. I believe they tried to sign Manning. Regardless of what fucking Jimbo says that we were “just evaluating” him. Sell me some oceanfront property in Oklahoma there, Jimbo. You lying sack of shit. No. Whom I’m railing against are people like yourself who think it wasn’t a big deal that Manning signed with Denver or, even worse, people like Chuck, Phil, Nipper, Berger and others who think we’re better off with Alex anyway. Are you fucking serious? Tell me again the 49ers are a better team this year with Alex Smith at QB rather than Peyton Manning, and I’ll, I’ll, I’ll…

There’s a new song for you out there Dennis.

“I Left My Neck in Mile High Stadium”

I know, they don;t play there anymore. But it sounds better than Invesco Field.

Chuck, was that “Neck” in reference to the one you secretly hope Manning breaks again this year so it’ll make you look “good” and afford you the opportunity to espouse your belief and cause that we’re better off with Alex and you can toss me the old, “I told you so?”

Ha-ha. You go right ahead and secretly root for Manning to break his neck again this year and I’ll continue to openly root for Alex to break his neck for the first time. It’s a race to see who breaks their neck first. That sounds so barbaric, and I love it so.

It’s NFL football. Let’s break some necks!

This just in from NFL.com: Starting QB Power Rankings. Let’s take a look, shall we? I’ll give ya guys the link to the full article, (http://tinyurl.com/9zkjmgh) but here are some of the particulars…

#6 Peyton Manning. “Only his injury risk keeps him from the top shelf. It wouldn’t be a shock if (he wins) the MVP award.

#8 Tony Romo. “Romo would have a Super Bowl ring too if he played for the New York Giants his whole career.”

These QBs were listed in the “Good enough” tier. (Puppy Killer, Ryan, Flacco and Andrew Luck) As in: “Good enough” to win it all if the rest of the team cooperates. (“Heck, Alex Smith was probably good enough to win it all last year if the San Francisco 49ers caught a few breaks.”)

#24 Alex Smith. ” Alex Smith is on the perfect team for his skills, but would you want him as a GM?”

QBs rated above Alex, RG III, Dalton, Palmer, Freeman, Bradford, Locker and Russell Wilson). Shit. I count two second-year QBs and two rookies that have yet to even throw a NFL pass ranked higher than Alex Smith.

For the love of fucking Christ, I’ll ask one more time…
    Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

No? As Col. Kurtz so aptly said…
    \http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

Get off the pipe, Skippy. I’m sorry you have little else to do with your pathetic life but whine about a situation that no one had any control over. If you must whine, go to the Denver blogs and whine about Manning deciding to go there.

Fuck. My condolences to your so-called life. You’d be better off with a diamond bullet in the brain.

Chuck, please answer me this question. I apologized if it’s been asked and answered before. If given the choice, would you rather have Alex or Peyton at QB this year. Simple question.

• phil fan says:

Smith by a mile

Phil, I like you. I really do. I wouldn’t have asked you to join my FF league if I didn’t, but your answer is fucking asinine. Alex Smith > Peyton Manning? You need more medication that I’m currently prescribed.
        IT’S PEYTON FUCKING MANNING!!!

• phil fan says:

Del Mar buddy read my lips: “No new taxes”…ah I mean “El Snapo is not taking the Bronks anywhere worthwhile because he’s too old, too hurt and will not last through this season”.

Sure he’s a better QB in theory this year but he’s not gonna last in this league. Therefore Smith is a better bet.

Seriously. I’d like to take an informal poll of all the bloggers here. If Peyton Manning would have decided to come here, would you feel better about the 49ers’ chances of winning the Super Bowl this year?

I know I would. As my buddy Bill O’Reilly is wont to say, What say you?

• Grumpy Guy says:

But I’d be praying Kappy was ready when he had to play a few games for him, too.

As for Alex being 24th, that’s too low. Realistically, he is around 15 or so. Not going to carry the team week in and week out, but can play pretty well in our system, does not make many mistakes, and can be a winning QB here with our defense. He ain’t Peyton or Aaron or Drew or Eli, but he is not total crap, either.

I took a look at the link Dennis put up, I agree Alex is mid pack and probably deserves to be in the tier above.

I’d have to say no for the same injury reasons as others sited. I doubt he makes it through the season. Is he a better QB than Alex, without a doubt.

Is Peyton a better QB? Yes. By a country mile. But that isn’t the question, is it, Skippy?

To answer your question, I’d say NO.

Why? Because like I’ve said, I don’t think Peyton will be able to take an entire season’s pounding. That’s it. You don’t like that answer? Fuck off and die. And SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Football is a rough game. Healthy players get hurt all the time. A guy with 5 neck surgeries? Doubt he makes it through the season.

The point being, if Peyton comes here, Smith goes. If Smith goes, Cappy’s the backup. If Cappy’s the backup, he becomes the starter when Manning goes down. Do I think Cappy’s ready to lead the team to the Super Bowl? No. There you have it. I think Smith has a better chance of getting the team to the Super Bowl rather than Cappy. Why? Because Smith is younger and healthier. Doesn’t mean Smith won’t get decapitated, but I’d stake my odds on the younger stronger guy. You don’t like that? Again, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. And SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

I also don’t think Harbaugh was going to hand the reins to Peyton like Fox is doing in Denver. I don’t think our line is as good as it needs to be with Manning back there. Say what you will about the NFC west, but Seattle and AZ have very tough D lines and LBs. StL ain’t bad either. The AFC west? No cakewalk there, either. Good, bad, or indifferent, teams are gunning for his ass. You think the Raydurrs wouldn’t like to add one more Denver QB notch on their belt? No love lost between those teams. He’s a wanted man.

on the last thread
    12th man said Interesting how some posters read critique as being a downer. Opinions can only be of the upbeat, supportive cheerleader type so as to be true fans?

I said “Critiqueing is one thing, most of the time it is just plain player bashing.

12th man said I don’t see much of that here or on skeebs blog, other places yes

So 12th Man, I think you need to read Dennis posts, is that what you call critiqueing?

• reddog says:

Irish Kevin
      12th Man only sees what he wants to especially when he’s one of the perpetrators.
      In the short time I’ve been here it seems like anything goes when an opinion lines up with his view. It seems like these guys are baiting you for an argument..

Dennis is an aberration on both blogs in terms of his absolute hate of Alex Smith. It is unreasonable to use Dennis as your example since he is at one end of the spectrum.

By the way Irish Kevin, where you from???

• philippinefan says:

It’s DENNIS already. We all know Denny and love him anyway- except for Chuck. Other than that this place is pretty darn mellow

• Irish Kevin says:

I live in Sacramento. and you. and yes Dennis is one of the few that goes crazy over Alex, and Chuck has done a good job of getting rid of the ones that were even worst than Dennis. so yeah I have been a little harsh in my comments about other posters.

That’s a lot of seems Dog. I’m a perpetrator, well that’s a new one. Perhaps your conclusion was quickly reached?

NO Chuck, you still haven’t answered my original question . Let’s try again, shall we? And this time we’ll use numbers. OK? Here we go…

Peyton Manning will throw __ TDs this year?
    Alex Smith will throw __ TDs this year.

And don’t dilly-dally around the question. As my buddy with the same middle name once exclaimed…

13. reddog says:

12th man
    I believe in cause and effect. If Alex Smith does something to warrant criticism by all means, have at it. But just to come out of the blue and attack him means you are a perpetaror or an instigator.
    You are rehashing the usual tired anti Alex talking points. That seems to be the part you don’t grasp. When things are slow here I look in on Skeeber’s blog and that’s what I’m seeing.

And, Chuck. Horseshit to this comment of yours…”The point being, if Peyton comes here, Smith goes.”

Not if you believe Harbaugh and the Niners’ brass. All the scribes reported that he idea was to bring in Peyton and have Alex be HIS backup. Not “Cappy.” Was Alex going to leave when Manning came here? Where? To that god-awful organization that is Miami? Have you been watching HBO’s “Hard Knocks” like I have? They give my good friends at Disneyland a bad name when it comes to “Mickey Mouse Organization.”

The Fish suck Alex Smith’s dick. That’s how bad they are.
    And you’re ten fathoms below the fish on the depth chart. You’re floundering on the bottom.

game on

nice drive so far. lmj with a 38yd return was nice and 2 first downs for hunter. they pulled alex already, kap is in and just missed a long TD with his first throw.

Alex Smith starts at QB and runs 6 or 7 plays and not one, ONE of them is a goddamn pass play.

Fuck all of you Alex cocksucking supporters. Not one pass? If you’re that concerned with the possibility of him getting injured, why start him at all? Shit. Why have him suit up in the first place?

Nothing to see here Let’s just have Alex manage the game.

Dixon TD and he had a nice run earlier. Kap made a nice throw too. He is looking to throw first before running.

7-0 niners. Weird, they ran a reverse with Jenkins, what happened to don’t show anything.

SD lets Phillip Rivers throw the ball in the last preseason game. What? Are they less concerned about losing him then they would be about losing Alex?
    BWAAAAHAAHAHA!!!

fumble, niner ball, spillman!

Come on (2nd team) D

2 deep passes from Kap, just missed

third times a charm, kap to delanie TD!!!

being reviewed?

TD looks good in replay

TD Delanie! Well lookie there. Look what happens when a QB actually throws the ball.
    But don’t let Alex throw it. Just a reminder. Which starting QB threw the least amount of passes last year?

Go ahead. Say someone other than Alex. I dare you.

28. Alleykat says:

I say Dixon easily beats out Cartwright for that 6th RB spot.He’s cheaper,younger,bigger,can play Special teams,maybe not as well at Cartwright does,but so what.
    It also balances out the backs with Gore,Hunter,James,the small backs,Jacobs,Dixon,and Miller the big backs.
    And i like the look of Will,Tiafulka as another lead blocker FB bruiser at the goal line for Dixon and Jacobs,even Miller for that tough yard at the goaline or 3rd and 1 dive play moving the chains.Can also use Spogs as well,lots of options!

Rivers is still in?

a pick, niner ball

Mcbath

32. Alleykat says:

This is the last Rodeo for Norv Turner.No way this bum last the whole season.He’s a decent OC but that’s it.Chargers will end up 6-10 at best.

I just can’t care about team performance in preseason. The Niners were 4-0 the year Sing got fired.The Lions went 4-0 in ’08.
    Yawn.

bad call by the refs Harbaugh challenge

good challenge, niner ball turn over on downs

another deep pass from kap, 38 yds

Kappy sure looks ready. Dennis, when are you starting the “game # when Kappy takes over” pool?

TD kap to jenkins, broken play scramble, long pass

21 zip

All 3 TDs with Kappy as QB.

But didn’t Alex start the game? Ah, that’s right. All the 49ers did with him in the game was run the ball. God forbid we throw the ball with our “starting” QB in the game.

Silly me. We didn’t do that last year. The 49ers threw it the least amount of times with their “starting” QB year. Did someone give Coach Harbaugh the memo that the NFL is a “Passing League?”

But of course they did. That’s why he has Alex hand off so much.

deep throws too

• twinfan1 says:

He’s definitely beat out Peyton for the Number 2 job 😉
      Dude, Alex is the unquestioned number 1, get used to it..

I’ve said multiple times Alex deserves to be the starter, pay attention 🙂

• twinfan1 says:

Knowing the season is lost if Alex goes down, Harbaugh wisely didn’t have Smith throw at all- it’s tough to complete any that way..I think they’re fine with zero turnovers in the preseason and a 123+ QB rating.

• twinfan1 says:

I only paid attention to your last couple. A crush on the second string QB is a known psychiatric disorder.

Yep, TF, with the league-leading special teams, and 2 pts behind the Steelers for #1 defense, Alex managed to accomplish in his 7th season what Mark Sanchez achieved his first two years in the NFL. I’m truly impressed.

• twinfan1 says:

Yeah, the Jets are so happy with Sanchez, they brought in the most pathetic OB in football to challenge him…

Did you hear about the time when I found myself in the elevator with TF and Alex holding a gun with just one bullet? I ended up shooting myself. I couldn’t live with myself knowing that if I shot one of them, the other one would keep on living.

Akers missed a FG, now that is news.

Knowing the season is lost if Alex goes down? Kinda overstating things a bit there ya think?

The season’s lost if Alex goes down? Frank’s hoping for that. That would end all hope, as miniscule and telescopic as it is, that Alex becomes MVP of the Super Bowl. I already stated that if that happens I’ll kill myself. And as meaningless is that in the big scheme of things to world, that fucks up Frank’s little world. Frank needs me.

• twinfan1 says:

Dennis, don’t talk like that. I’ve blogged with you long enough to know you really might do that. Look at all you have going for you- this is now your blog and you have a new crop of followers, the Nate Davis Fan Club finally disbanded…

Hey, TF. Good of you to join the 49er party. I’ll ask you the same question I asked Chuck. That he refuses to answer. Who throws more TDs this year, Peyton or Alex? “Go ahead,” say Alex. As Clint would say, “Make my day.”

• twinfan1 says:

Wins and losses are what matter- as we heard over and over when the 49ers weren’t winning. The bet is better record. See if your guardian will let you have a 100 bucks. If it helps, I’ll the guardian know it’s not for liquor…

NO. The bet is not wins and losses. Because I think both Denver and the 49ers will win 9 or 10 this year. (I still hold the option to predict 8-8 for my Niners when I’m really drunk and pissed. Close, but not tonight). What matters is how the two QBs in question play. And not only play, but how they will influence their team records. Peyton Manning will bring the Broncos UP from 8 wins last year, while Alex and the defense will not have ALL the balls bounce their way this year and they will not even sniff 13-3 again.

What’s the best thing a QB can do to *help* ensure his team wins a game? Silly question. Score a Touchdown and not turn the ball over. Those two stats equate most to a QB’s rating. Are you telling me, willing to bet me, that Alex Smith will have a higher QBR than Peyton Manning this year?

That’s so fucking funny that I need a another Budweiser.

A crush on Alex Smith is normal?

47. Alleykat says:

Nice ketch and run for a TD for Nathan Palmer.Your reward along with Josh Johnson the thrower will be your cuts next week.

Smith throws 23.

Manning throws 11 before injured.

Happy? Shut the fuck up about it.

And cry me a river(s) about hoping for Manning to get hurt.

You are a true pussy, Dennis. Read your 3:41. I answered it.

Manning will only throw 11 TDs this year because he’ll get injured? Thank you. You also believe Smith will throw 23? Thank you again.

Good enough. But please be man enough when you answer my next question. Are those totals because of the following…? Are you *rooting* for Peyton to get injured like you implicated that he would so he’ll throws fewer TDs than Alex that will make you look right and me wrong?

I have no fucking problem in saying and rooting for a player to get injured, or in this particular case, break his fucking neck for the fifth time. This is the NFL. I turn on my 50″ Panasonic Plasma every Sunday to watch every goddamn minute in hopes someone gets carted off the field. What’s my line? HIT SOMEBODY!!!

Chuck, I have the notion you feel the same way. Chuck, no, Charles Bay, tell me you want Peyton Manning to break his neck again this year so you’ll be able to strut your stuff and say I told you so and last, but not least, be Doug Simpson, BMOC (Big Man on Campus) on your blog. Ha ha ha ha. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Chuck, you’re no Doug Simpson. Shit. You’re not even Marcia Brady. You’re Harvey Klinger Bug off.

Tell ya one thing, Cappy looked good tonight. Moving and throwing on target.

His last couple games it looks like he’s developing nicely.

50. twinfan1 says:

Being realistic- Kappy needed this to secure the number 2 job- it was hardly his going in.There was never competition for the 1. Forget arguing that with me, Denny, RT, and minions- talk to Harbaugh. Denny- keeping the #1 QB out of harm’s way in the final preseason game is SOP for smart coaches.

51. Alleykat says:

Jesus….Never thought i would want to see Kyle Williams returning punts much .But Lamichael James i never want to see a punt return again,he is just awful and totally clueless.

Palmer isn’t helping his cause much. Jenkins looks like with Ginn out, he ‘ll get some playing time after all. He looked good vs better competition.

Tim Ryan gets a nice dig on O’Donnell. Talking about Don Nelson “there;s a coach that likes you?”

Fuck you. Was that a dig at Nelson? Give Nellie a goddamn break. Did I tell you about the time I met Coach Nelson down in Jack London Square? No? If I have, it won’t kill ya to hear it once more…I was with Moms and Grams and we had just seen a play, Les Misérables? Yeah? No? Now I remember, it was Les Misérables and we went down to have a drink. We were already eating when coach walked by and I stopped him when by the our table. I congratulated him on the Warriors victory that night. He said thanks and continued on by…My grandma (Grams) really was impressed that I knew who he was, and wanted to by Don a drink. Coach was drinking Dewars that night. So, Gram and I bought Coach a drink.

Coach said thank you and went to his table and had dinner. Gram, Moms and I finished ours. After dinner, Coach walked by our table, and I kid you not. He was going to continue walking by until Grams stuck her arm out,
      grabbed his leg and asked Coach if he had any playoff tickets for her grandson? I sunked in my seat at that point. Coach looked and winked at me and said, “I wish had some myself” with a twinkle in his eye.
      Coach Nellie is A.O.K in my book.

54. winder says:

I thought cappy showed some real pocket presence on a few of those plays. I know he rolled out often but when he stayed in the pocket I was impressed. He’s a quick learner.

55. reddog says:

Nellie screwed the W’s in so many ways with his stupid smallball. You can’t win without playing D.
    I will never forgive Nellie for trading Mitch Richmond for Billy Owens and breaking up Run TMC.
    He winked at you Del Mar Dennis and you were smitten. Won’t Peyton be jealous?

Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

It’s late, and I’m going to bed. But before I do, I need Chuck and TF to give me a goddamn answer…Who will have the highest QBR this year? And please rank them from one to three. Here are your choices…Manning, Romo and Smith.

Funny their names, because it’s all alphabetical…Manning, Romo and Smith that will finish 1, 2, and a distant 3rd in the ratings. So says Frank the Cat, what say you?
      Fucking Mooks.

I finally got off the floor and discovered Practice games are over! As who is a better QB I could care less. Most QBs take a beating so who’s standing at the end and still playing is the most important to me. Practice is over! I’ll drink to that.

You keep changing the question, Dennis. Fuck off.

I’m deleting your shit if you keep this up.

Christ Dennis. Have you completely lost your mind? The comment was a dig at O’Donnell and his’relationship’ with Singletary.

God, you’re losing it, pal.

I am soooo ready for the season. I still think we can beat GB and the Lions, 2 very good teams but hey so are the niners. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a win already marked down.

Bully for you. Get ready for 0-2.

Maybe Dennis, I won’t bet my life savings on winning both, I think our team is good enough and deep enough to win and where we are not as talented at QB we are more talented at RB?

So you’re saying we have better RBs than GB? No shit, Sherlock. Who gives a flying fuck? I guess you and Harbaugh are a little slow on the uptake…The NFL is a PASSING league.

• winder says:

Totally agree.

Now Chuck is threatening to delete my comments. That sounds like talk coming from a scared man. Even more scared than a man like myself after I learned we didn’t sign Peyton Manning.

Fuck deleting, I’m going to ban your ass.

Keep it up, skippy.

Dennis, funny thing about that passing league, a running team was the dregs of your beer short of the superbowl. Your hatred of Smith and love of QB stats has blinded you to anything else. Smith is no great QB we agree, but he was almost enough last year and the extra weapons and second year in the system may be enough. I am not a big fan of Smith, but I am only slightly negative of center on him, in the scheme we currently run and he is efficient in it.
    The biggest determining factor of getting to the superbowl is a great defense. Only a small handful of QB’s in the league are capable of making plays in sufficient number to beat a great defense and only Brady made it there, losing. Yes Manning is one of those handful, if 100% healthy, but the cost/risk factor meant the probability of losing very talented players over the next 2 years for salary cap reasons. Been there done that.
    This is a team game not a QB game, QB centric, yes, but with other areas of the team being exceptional, such as the run game, defense and ST Smith can and did do enough last year.

• Irish Kevin says:

Very well said. Dennis needs to get off his high horse about Alex, and move on!! For crying out loud, Alex did help the Niners go 13-3!! He cannot deny!! This is fact.

Kevin, I think Dennis has a point up to a point. That he isn’t willing to acknowledge all the other factors outside of Smith’s limitations and acknowledge the positive’s that Smith had that contributed to our record last year is myopic. As you say, Alex played a part in going 13-3 and was the key factor in beating NO and the Eagles where he put the team on his back in the 4th quarters. If he can build on those experiences he may yet end up being one of the better QB’s in the league. With all the weapons and coaching he has all the tools he could hope for, just about an ideal situation to showcase himself and now we will see just what he really can do. I can’t wait to see.

• rtfirefly says:

It’s like the old Yogi Berra saying:
      “Defense wins championships. Except when it doesn’t.

RT, statistically it does. Given my druthers I would prefer an offense that took more risks. That we didn’t have that last year except for when we had nothing to lose is an indictment of the trust placed in Smith and the tendency of Harbaugh to play the safe percentage game.
        It’s not sexy but it did yield results. The feeling that if we had a more talented QB we would have won the whole enchilada is hard to ignore, and may be true, but Smith deserves to start and show if he has built enough confidence in himself and his coaches to be a difference maker without being behind late in the 4th quarter.
        So far I have not seen Smith improve over last season but that may be because Harb’s playing cloak and dagger. I hope that’s the case and I do trust Harb’s to know exactly how much risk he can take.
        I don’t believe very much Harb’s has to say publicly but ultimately he can blow all the smoke he wants if he can keep us on the winning track.

Dennis, it ain’t my job to counter your endless blather. You want witty repartee? Talk to your fucking cat.

Final warning, pal.

Chuck, not my call and not my business but I don’t think Dennis is too far off the reservation. It’s Dennis.

I’ve never seen a fan so blind to reality. Sorry you don’t enjoy watching the 49ers anymore. There are others who can take your spot as a fan.

Take it to the Denver blogs, skippy.

65. shmuddly says:

I love the Niners with all my being but I just can’t let myself get too crazy about any of it. I used to do that and it just isn’t healthy.

12th you missed 6,000 posts last year regarding all things Tony Romo, killing Alex Smith, and myriad other bullshit things that, when repeated thousands of times, get old.

New post BTW . . .