And Now, the Wait

The draft is done, the UDFAs are being analyzed, and there’s basically nothing going on but the occasional veteran salary-cut casualty to look forward to. Other than that I got nothing. That last thread was too long to scroll through anyway.

So, for Friday, we get this . . .

Got to say, this time around, Lynch and Co didn’t take a chance on any Reuben Foster types. I understand the shot they took last year, and his issue was more around his shoulder injury than anything else but these guys are all squeaky clean as far as I can tell.

47 Responses to And Now, the Wait

Go team! Lots of young guys ready to contribute. I hope they like to practice.

Dubs getting spanked.

Loved that show. The Munsters was lame.

The song was good tho.

• Winder says:

It was stupid TV but also a lot of fun. Times sure have changed.

• Lurker John says:

It was hilarious. I got some serious belly laughs from that show. Fred Gwynn, underrated comic genius.

Speaking of the Kentucky Derby . . .

• Winder says:

It really pissed me off when I learned he was a Heroin addict. That was not a part of the dead culture.

Yeah, it didn’t really fit in with the rolling party space jam peace love and granola vibe. He did quit a few times but always fell back.

• rtfirefly says:

I saw a Grace Slick interview a while back, and she said the only, THE ONLY (of course, that includes pot, so meh) Rocker of her era she knew who wasn’t into drugs was – get ready – Frank Zappa.

6. 12th Man says:

novel strength of schedule W-L predictor. Comes out in the 8-9 win total but has both Seattle games in the easier category:

Seattle is easier to beat because they have a harder schedule? Hmmmmm. Could be.

Doesn’t Vegas have us at 8.5 as it is?

• 12th Man says:

Yes, its was interesting to me the method these guys came up with. They also have NE with one of the easiest schedule, again.

• Winder says:

That’s because of their division Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets have been bad for a long time.

• rtfirefly says:

The Seahawks have real problems. They still have a great HC who can make chicken soup out of chicken shit, but they don’t have the personnel to be more than a spoiler. Aside from their defense losses, Wilson by himself accounted for over 90% of their offensive yardage, including being their leading rusher in 2017 by a bunch. That’s not sustainable.

I’ve got the Niners at 9 wins btw, plus or minus 3.

I’m always optimistic. I got us at 10 wins.

• Lurker John says:

If everything goes well, 10 wins is a reasonable number. Gotta avoid major injuries.

It’s kinda easy to be optimistic with the way things have unfolded. I don’t know where I stand with wins at the moment. I have a feeling that we will have one of the best defensive backfields in the league. Baring injury to Jimmy I know we are gonna score some points but the defense is a little uncertain for me. I truly hope we don’t lose Foster. It is gonna be fun to watch this off season and see how everything comes together. Just studying the players we just picked up I truly think we nailed this draft. Hopefully they can shake their injuries because I think we picked some really special players.

The disappointing thing to me is our lack of really dealing with the anemic pass rush.

Maybe the guy from SD whose name escapes me will help, And maybe Malcolm Smith comes back and plays well, but we aren’t getting near enough pressure, and the key to beating Goff is pressure.

• Winder says:

Yeah, it is about time our Dline finally comes together. If we can contain Gurley I am pretty sure we win the game. Goff is pretty quick but not as quick as Jimmy.

Too funny. Skeebie’s blog is 4 people talking to themselves. NoCheer is bitching about Kaepernick still, and pining for Teflon Mike, Bakken is picking an 0-16 season and complaining about everything, Bullitt is (!) the voice of reason, and skeebs runs and hides after he posts something. And no one talks to one another.

• Winder says:

Lol.

Give them hell, Chuck! Get the old boys riled up good.

And whatever happened to Spitwad the Ninth Century man? I guess his indoor plumbing has backed-up over on the “other” blog.

He posted here last week. A drive-by. I guess library access isn’t what it used to be . . .

• rtfirefly says:

Sporty stopped posting there years ago, unless he started again since I left. IIRC, he detests NoFear and couldn’t take it any more. Last I remember, he was going for his MBA at Humboldt. That’s been a few years, though. Hopefully, with the economy out of the Bush Depression he’s too busy swimming in money to post here anymore.

• rtfirefly says:

Sporty? lol, oops

I guess if the reports are correct Cueto is saved from surgery for now. Still he’s going to be out for awhile.
    So now Spit is a driveby. Man when the fall comes it comes down hard.

Better than his 150,000 word screeds.

• rtfirefly says:

Spitty or V? Or both? I thought V would’ve made an appearance by now after the new speaking penalty came out – LOL at that thought.

• rtfirefly says:

“spearing”, not speaking

Geez, this new computer does some things great. Auto-“correct” is not one of them.

14. Lurker John says:

No sign of V but I haven’t checked the spam filter in a while

Maybe this will warm NoCheer’s cold stony heart . . . Teflon Mike’s dad.

I wonder if there was another dog involved in a video?

• Winder says:

Great, another potential charge that will sell some papers. I love animals and it pisses me off that Foster would do such a thing. He definitely needs some anger management. I usually hold judgement when it comes to couples (married or not) fighting because I know there are things that make people snap but to hurt defenseless animals pretty much shows me the person is a lowlife.

She’s kinda blown her credibility at this point. Maybe he didn’t feed her goldfish too.

Want to hear something funny? Skeebs banned the name ‘NoCheer’ on his blog!!!

Skeebs is angry about players kneeling while he kneels at NoCheer’s feet.

New thread is up.