Five Days and Counting

Well, the wait is (almost) finally over. the new-look streamlined 49ers open camp on August 1st at 7:00 pm pacific time. In these days of truncated preseasons and quick turnaround times, we have out first exhibition game on August 15th in Houston. The home preseason opener is Aug 23rd vs those lovely Cowgirls.

Two weeks of practice and instant season. Is it enough time to assimilate everything? Gosh, Wally! Who knows? There’s been enough blogticulation to fill 666 King James bibles, so I’ll leave that part of the story out, other than to say there appears to be little middle ground on what the future portends. I will say that Harbaugh managed to pull it off back in 2011 with an even smaller window. No reason to think these guys can’t get shit rolling quickly. Unless you subscribe to the myth that St. Jim is otherworldly.

As far as the season goes, you have the chicken-littles and you have the guardedly optimistic. No one is predicting a Super Bowl berth with the amount of talent that left, but many (including me) expect a playoff run. The team still has a lot of talent, and they have an experienced coaching staff. Defensively anyway. Then you have the crowd that seems to caper around gleefully predicting the long and hard fall to abject shittiness and decrepitude. No middle ground, no thinking that there may be a bump in the road. It is a decade of downtime. Jed screws the team into the ground for 10 years for some sort of ego bath. Got it. It had nothing to do with the fact that the former head coach was a major league asshole who alienated everyone in the building and took a strong team to be the bridesmaid, but not the bride. A team that went 8-8. Despite St Jim and all those guys that left.

I get thinking the team could possibly have a rough patch, but to devote so much time and energy to spreading the bile endlessly over months and months and ridiculing every move the team makes and inventing reasons for why shit went bad 2 years ago is baffling. The overarching need to get in front of the ‘they suck’ train is a mystery to me.

Like the crazy crab promotions at the Stick years ago (“We don’t do mascots. Please boo the crab!”) , there are people hoping against hope that the team crashes and burns, so they can project their hatred of the owner. A guy who looks and acts just like his predecessor, Eddie.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

205 Responses to Five Days and Counting

Am I the only guy that loved the Crazy Crab? As the Niners go it will probably take some time for the team to gel, however we should get a good line on what they are trying to do. i am expecting some good football myself. We’ve got lots to prove.

2. Berger says:

Some of you yahoos should try getting drunk and blogging. It is more fun than it looks. I can just imagine the reaction from the cancer blog! It probably got their panties in a wad!

• 12th Man says:

You think you’re blunt when drunk blogging, I could start a fight at a hari krishna revival!

• Berger says:

• Berger says:

12th- I think you just made the post of the week!

Bullitt is a monumental vagina.

3. Berger says:

Back in the 90s I used to drink some rum. I’d be talking on the phone with a girl and she’d ask what I’m doing. I’d tell her I’m drinking rum and that she should stay away because it makes me act like a pirate. They usually said, I’ll be right over! I need to try some of this white rum.

Can you read your credit card number to them when you are drunk?

I don’t hide my assholery behind a booze filter. So when I’m drunk or not it is harder to tell than you, Bergs. Although I did go off on Skeebers blog a while back. It ended up being why I got banned. But he’s a little wimp anyway. Can’t take the heat. Ergo the fuck filter. Funny guys like Bullit, V, Spitty and NoFear can spew their venom without any recourse. Disagree and get banned.

Boo hoo. His blog. If he wants to keep it among the sycophants, that’s his prerogative (and no I won’t play the Bobby Brown song).

5. Berger says:

NJ had it coming. He tries to play mediator. We don’t need a mediator, we need his opinions. NJ and I are friends. We can handle a little blow up here and there. NJ knew exactly what was going on when he engaged in the conversation. The man has some swag!

We’ll probably do it again some night down the road. You frail biddies can just read and gasp. I will say, it is more fun to grab a cocktail and engage if you are not one to have your feelings hurt. Some should stay away. Reading the comments the next day is funny! The word ass hole is taken with a grin and an aspirin!

• NoFear49er says:

Wasn’t that Spitblood’s exact excuse? Chuck was the asshole then for NOT interfering, IIRC. I suppose it’s always funny to the guy who’s drunk. And the appeasers think their back-slapping approval will keep them off the list of who’s next.

• Berger says:

Sounds like you are one of the frail biddies. Nobody over here had an issue. You being the condescending Central Scrutinizer is what your known for. You fit in well at the other place.

Thanks for playing along, NoFear. I don’t know who did what to whom specifically (the gist was Spitty and Bergs, right?), but I do know who wrote racist comments. I know who was posting gratuitious sexual references over and over and over. I know who was posting 1,000,000 word screeds that clogged up the blog and drove people away.

The point being I warned Spitty 10 times. I warned Dennis 10 times. V, well, he’s a special case. That they kept up is their fault. I wanted to make this (and the last) blog freewheeling, not a platform for racist, or sexist, or repetitive bullshit. You and V both come back to this point as if I’m some sort of bastion of free speech. It’s a fucking football blog. I don’t mind things going off-point, but I also don’t want this to be some sort of platform for yahoos to spout their idiotic bullshit either. This isn’t a freedom of speech issue.

The thing about Skeebie is I never got much of a warning. Doesn’t chap my hide too much that he banned me, it’s just that you and Skeebs, and Bullt and V and Spitty ( YOUR fucking appeasers) all seem to enjoy talking shit about me while free from any response.

At least you post over here. I”ll give you that. I’ll never see your politics, and that shouldn’t even play into it when discussing football, but you seem very adept at making it very black and white regarding how people should think about the team.

• Berger says:

Nobody chased me off here. Where did that come from? I think that is the gist of what you are saying? Spitty and I had an issue over on Skeebs blog. You can talk trash all you want. He was threatening to show up at my door and rape my wife. That is not trash talking, that is going psychotic. He also likes to talk about killing animals. He does that sober. I wouldn’t go there drunk. I’d rather let him blog with the fine people over at skeebers blog. He’s fits that site well. They are OK with anybody who hates Jed.

I talk 49ers for fun. I didn’t like the posting at some point and went away from here, just like I did at skeebers site. I will repeat, I talk 49ers for fun. When it gets too negative I go away. Simple as that.

• Berger says:

OK, I just went over to skeebs and read some comments. I’m amused that they had an issue and nobody here did. Posters here like good banter and am good laugh. the people here knew NJ was a big boy and holding his own. Like I predicted, some would have their panties in a wad and, of course, it was the anti-Jed cult club. Maybe they were just jealous they couldn’t play along! LOL!

As always, The Central Scrutinizer got his facts wrong but told everybody what they should think. Nothing changes. You gotta love it. We all need a good drunk, sans Bullit.

• Berger says:

I just read a few more comments over there. Winder is going good. Give ’em hell Wnder! The good thing about reading some comments over there is it reminds me of why I don’t read many comments over there. Like I told them when I left, until something changes I won’t be back. I don’t talk 49ers to be depressed. It is really depressing over there.

Bitching about a coach, a player or a game plan is one thing. Those people are rooting for us to fail. No thanks. I’ll stay away.

7. Berger says:

In reality, my only problem with you NoFear was dissing my war hero friend. We don’t agree much on 49er issues but at least you speak your mind, when I can understand what you are saying. When you disagree with somebody you speak some language which I’ll just call innuendic. It’s mostly innuendos with not much, if anything actually said.

Innuendick – innuendo with dickishness thrown in . . .

9. Berger says:

NoFear- You used to play along when some of us got drunk. Did you lose your swag! Maybe it’s just the Harbaugh thing you can’t seem to get over. Harbaugh and I are tied for Super Bowl wins, we both have zero. That makes you tied with both of us. Imagine that!

Added the 2015 schedule for your enjoyment and reference.

Berger, I don’t have any issue with your friend. I don’t know him. My issue was with you making shit up. I have an issue with stolen valor. I asked for particulars, you couldn’t supply them. I asked you for his name, you didn’t know it. You were the typical “too vague” so I called bullshit.

“Innuendic” equals over your head.

And then there’s Chuck, never attacking anybody:
    “Innuendick – innuendo with dickishness thrown in . . .”

The incident I was referring to earlier happened on Chuck’s blog and you said Chuck was less than a man and hardly human for not putting a stop to Spitblood’s drunken verbal attack on you. Could be those damaged brain cells are missed more than you think. The point is the guy at the other end of those attacks isn’t often as amused as the drunk delivering them.

I played along when you directed your attacks at me. I always thought you sounded smarter and made more sense when you were drunk. It’s not swag to stand by and watch you unleash on a guy who won’t retaliate.

• Berger says:

No stolen valor. You get no info. You aren’t smart enough to do anything with it. Sounds like you are the fraud. You supplied the same list I checked. Don’t ask again.

Spitty’s attacks were from fall out at skeebs. He could make fun of me and my wife but when he threatened to show up at my door I drew the line. I would not allow any blogger to threaten another with bodily harm if I ran a blog. I stand by what I told Chuck. I even bought a hand gun expecting him to show. I don’t think Spitty was drunk, another “fact” you are making up. Trash talking and being psychotic are two different things. I know you don’t have much of a concept of that. Spitty did not chase me away, he was just part of the overall negativity. In the end, I scooted out because the negativity was too depressing over here. Spitty, you, V and others were all part of that. That pall is now over at skeebs. Guess who is part of it again, you. You are just a negative person.

I thought NJ fired back and held his own just fine.

12. Berger says:

I posted this above. It is worth repeating.

“I love it. I don’t always go bonkers, just when somebody is full of it. What I do drunk is what Bullit does sober. Difference is, I cuss and get quickly to the point. He does it over several weeks and spends days researching how he can dis your point of view. In my case we laugh about it in the morning. In his case he never stops. Thing is, I have to drink to be like Bullit.”

I didn’t direct that post at anyone, NoFear.Just providing a definition. You just assumed.

14. 12th Man says:

3rd hardest schedule this year on top of playing in the NFC West its easy to pick doom and gloom. My question is, at this particular point in time before even training camp, why in the world would Forty Niner fans shit from a great height on the team they support? Because you don’t agree with the decision makers? So what, you have no input.

I choose to do what I have always done, fair weather or foul I support my team, and if that is not reason enough then what kind of lame ass fan are you?

Is being proven “right” more important than supporting the team? I expect to do better than last year.

If you are a real Niner fan you can find me in Pheonix stadium, section 133, row 30, seat 4. Tap me on the shoulder and I will buy you a beer.

Going to the Green Bay game too, how about you?

Have t seen a real game at the new digs. Might try to go w/my son. He’ll be at csumb so we can meet in the middle. It’ll probably take a couple years to weed out the weenies.

Winder is like the Ambassador to the “other” blog.

• Winder says:

Lol. i don’t think I’m very ambASSador like to be honest.. i know most of the bloggers over there are 49er fans and like 12th said it’s difficult to understand (even through all the crap that’s happened) how fans can be so down at this time of year, and harp over things that none of us really know about. I’m not buying the media circus.

• Winder says:

I doubt anyone else sees it like that. I don’t. I still like those guys and like 12th I just don’t get the continued bummer attitude. It’s a new season of 49er football and no one really knows what’s gonna happen. All we need is a spark and some continuity and we just might be pretty good this year.

This years season ticket holders will get to watch some real good teams. I would love to go to the packer game, what could be better than that?

I think Seahawks on 10/22 will be the game to attend if you only get 1.
      1st matchup between Tomsula and Pete.
      Barometer Game?

• Winder says:

Yeah, that will be a good one too. Brutal no doubt.

That’s about the point of the season I’m expecting to see what we’re made of Winder.
        I can’t predict a thing at this point.
        New everything in SF.
        Hoping for the best.

More Javier Vargas to get things going –
    Can’t understand why this guy isn’t better known here in the States?
    This guy kicks A$$
    He’s somewhere between SRV and Santana.

Chuck here’s one for you – Roy’s Blues, Vargas style –

20. Berger says:

The schedule is a bit brutal. It is what it is. Going to need to be better than we were under Harbaugh last year to even be above .500. I think we will surprise a few observers.

It’s not even the threat of disappointment tbat is prevalent. It’s the 80 threada in a row of doom and failure and woe. Based on their hope the team fails. And, don’t kid yourself, they ARE hoping for failure Otherwise, why ao much pessimism everyday all the time?

The team was 8-8 WITH those geneouaes.

Hah! Yeah, that’s putting lipstick ion the proverbial pig, but who knows? A stretch? Sure, but we won’t know till we do. As I’ve said a million times, all the need to do is improve the offense to the point of respectability and they’ll be fine.

Tomsula is a well-respected coach, but that’s about as far as it goes. My point has always been most of this shit that went down goes down with Harbaugh as well. This isn’t any kind of abandonment by guys who otherwise wouldn’t have left.

23. Berger says:

When you make a change like this you never know what to expect. I was telling anybody who would listen that the Warriors needed to make a change. With Jackson they were always going to win but never win it all. He was a Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer of basketball. The offensive philosophy was too stoppable by good defenses. There was no spacing. Just like the Harbaugh offense.

The Warriors took a big chance. It could have backfired. I remember the players not happy about letting Jackson go. Ann Killion and Cohn were lambasting Lacob. Lacob was actually getting booed at home games when he traded Ellis. Lacob was not deterred. He knew he had to make a bold move and hope it worked out. At least it was a calculated move. He didn’t do it blindly. But still, it was quite a risk.

I’ve been comparing the Warriors and 49ers all off season. Both coaches won but alienated the front office. I’ve seen that comparison disregarded by some. That’s OK. It is to be expected. Like I’ve said before many times, when an employee and the owner have a fall out, the owner always wins. He has to for the sake of the business. Harbaugh will need to learn this at some point. He’s a good coach but a bad manager.

Let’s just hope the 49ers move turns out as well as the Warriors move.

The biggest chance the Warriors took was the possibility of not landing Kerr. The Knicks wanted him bad. Anyone with half a brain knew Kerr was going to do a great job. Killion and co notwithstanding. Kerr has proven over the years to be a smart guy, a strong competitor, and someone the players had instant respect for.

Harbaugh likes to run things his way, and he likes to create turmoil. He enjoys fucking with people in pressers, and being obtuse and weird to his higher-ups. The brass at Stanford was never too enamored with him as well. Don’t know about USD, but that was his launching pad.

Remind you of anyone?

Shit, Vince McMahon looks like he’s 12. This must be late 70s!

Gobble gobble jive turkey indeed.

Ok, just to even the playing field. Does this remind you of anyone?

Hyuk!!!

I’m thinking more like this:

• Winder says:

Yeah, that is more true to the point. i was just having some fun and figured a military theme kinda worked.

Hey he can drop trou, prance naked in the locker room, eat funny mushrooms, or scream “who’s got it better than us?” as long as he wins us some games.

Whatever the HC does he should avoid dropping his pants. I hope for his sake he is prepared for the pressers. Jed York should put duct tape on his mouth and leave everyone alone except for signing the checks. I admit I’m just dreaming…….

Slow days indeed. This was before game 1 last year.

And a story from March 2014.

I guess when you cherry pick who to believe, sometimes the cherries get pretty crowded.

Winder I found one you might enjoy….

Can’t stop with just one…
    BB/Koko and of course, Lucille.

And just for the H3LL of it….Some Attitude from the shredders.

IT’s ok to say hell, NJ! Great stuff tho.

Don;t know how many of you like rap, but this is a great song, Coolio, taken from Stevie Wonder…

Funny thing is, this movie is about the busing of students from East Palo Alto to Carlmont.

• Winder says:

I was going to Menlo-Atherton during the “67” Watts riots. I actually lived in Ravenswoods school district but used a family friends address. Anyway, for three days we had 3 full police buses come on campus with cops in total riot gear. I haven’t thought of that for years. It was kind of funny since nothing went off. They would walk around the school and periodically check the restrooms. Ravenswood really wasn’t all that bad, most of my friends went to it. I just had an opportunity to go MA and took it. Also I could walk there in 15 minutes. Y.A Tittles son was going there at the time.

And well, might as well go for the trifecta:

I’d never seen the weird Al version.

Pretty funny

NinerNation QB rankings the past 3 years.

There have been quite a few stories on where the various quarterbacks rank in the NFL, based on pundit opinions, coaches’ opinions, etc. However, what we haven’t really seen is a data-driven look at the NFL’s signal-callers. I’m a big believer in the expected points model, so I decided to take a look at QB performance based on various ESPN Expected Points Added (EPA) sub-components — passing EPA, sacks EPA, total EPA, etc. I also had to do a little bit of work to combine pre and post season data, which ESPN doesn’t do for the public (boo!).

The first one I’ll throw out there is raw QB production (includes running and penalties) per game since 2012, including playoffs. For Kap, I used 7.5 games for the 2012 regular season:

PLAYER totEPA/g
    Russell Wilson 3.52
    Philip Rivers 3.43
    Matthew Stafford 3.25
    Joe Flacco 3.20
    Nick Foles 3.17
    Eli Manning 3.09

BakkenSpitty is smoking glue again.

Here’s the article.

Here’s the conclusion, which BakkenSpitty ate:

So what does all this mean? Well, unless you think Kaepernick dramatically regressed in 2014, it means that we have a Top 5 to Top 12 quarterback who is still figuring things out. I think the ‘regression’ argument is bunk. While his INT% went up, his completion percentage also went up. And while his yards per attempt went down, the very poor play of the offensive line prevented him from having enough time to get down the field. Finally, weak receiver play — evident by the investment in Torrey Smith and departure of Crabtree — prevented a lot of great opportunities — 6th in team drop rate, lack of separation, Vernon Davis injuries, etc. There are great reasons to remain optimistic! Over a 45 game sample, Kaepernick looks like a wonderful quarterback.

Yeah, what’s funny is strictly by the numbers he hasn’t deviated much from his previous couple years. The team fell apart around him last year, and the play calling has always been suspect, but yeah, he bears the brunt of criticism for throwing some picks and staring guys down. A bigger problem to me was the coaches saying all last preseason how they needed to get Kappy to stay in the pocket. It’s a lot like Singletary saying we are going to run Gore all the time. Why tip off the opponents? Why tell them our intentions? Ludicrous.

What ills me though is the sameness on the passing game. 12 yard outs and dig routes constitute 80% of the passes. Do you think other teams picked up on that? We’ve had 3 or 4 teams say as much.

41. 12th Man says:

Play calling and O line doomed the passing O big time, no question. Unless you view it through a biased lens of course.

Well, people got shit for saying much the same about young Sir Alex.

Thing is tho it takes a village to fuck up a QB. Some guys go off the rails a la Vince Young. But even someone like RG III, who went from golden boy to outhouse attendant in a short while is completely written off by some. He plays his part in the ordeal, but he’s had a coupe coaches who seem to think he’s a piece of shit not worth dealing with.

Cousins is exposed as a Matt Flynn lookalike and they have to turn back to RG.

Things may not be perfect here but we are miles and miles away from Snyder and co.

Despite what others project.

• 12th Man says:

No there is a difference with Alex. How many WR caught a pass from him last season with a good O line and a very good RG?

Smith is nothing spectacular, but he’s OK. Point being he isn’t the giant smelly turd some portray him to be. He was fucked over for years. He’s playing decent enough. If half his team didn’t go down vs Indy, they woulda won that game.

But I don;t really give a shit either way. We got some booty for him and that’s all that matters.

44. 12th Man says:

For me the difference is Alex will never be spectacular and Kap has already been, in spurts. Ceiling is way higher for Kap.
    Alex progressed no doubt but is at his zenith now.

Don’t get me wrong, 12th. I’m with you on that. Kappy can be much much more than Smith.

Didn’t know TB was available either. Not much pf a year last year.

Found one of your posts in the spam filter Winder. You musta got caught in a whirlwind of V attempts. That shit is gold. Too fucking funny.

• Winder says:

Compared to V my posts are pretty vanilla. But I do try to get a point across now and again.

47. 12th Man says:

Matt Maiocco:
    Q. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate Jed York’s approval rating with the fan base this current offseason?

MM: I really have no idea. Probably 50-50. I was speaking to a Kiwanis group recently and I asked for a show of hands to see how many people were upset that Harbaugh is no longer the coach. I was very surprised at the small number of folks who raised their hands. There’s a loud number of people who express their displeasure in comments sections on blogs, but I have really no way to accurately gauge the percentage of true 49ers fans who are upset.

True fans!

• Berger says:

Reno is a 49er town. Lots of people wear the gear. I often talk to them. I have yet to talk to one whom is upset that Harbaugh is gone. Almost all of them aqree that a change needed to be made.

• 12th Man says:

He distinguishes between loud bloggers and true fans. That has been my experience too, in person, fans either shrug their shoulders or say it was necessary.

• Berger says:

I just ask what they think of the coaching changes. They either say not much or really like it. I have yet to hear anybody say we should have kept Harbaugh. I then say I like the changes and most people light up, all happy somebody agrees with them.

Because of the loud people it is assumed that the fan base is in a tizzy. Just not true. It seems to me most fans are either happy or at least OK with what happened. It just goes to show the loud fans have intimidated but not swayed many other fans. The media has run with the anti corporation angle because it is what is selling in the news in general these days.

What Maiocco just revealed is going to really bum out the anti Jed cult club. It will be interesting to see how they dismiss the info.

48. Berger says:

I had to put my dog down yesterday. He was an incredible dog. RIP buddy!

Sorry to hear that bergs. You’ve all seen our black lab jozie. She’s 13 now and is doing ok, but you don’t know with these things.

Yeah out in the real world you don’t get gge name calling and vitriol as you do online.

Meanwhile on the “other” blog they’re predicting a horrid season while Phil is monitoring who is drunk on this blog.

Keep keeping it real, Nip. You got post of the day . . . @!

Jesus. Phil lost his mind last year. Musta sucked a bad coconut.

You are the bootlicking toadie of Skeebers blog, Phil. Come on, Phil. Grow a pair and say something not regurgitated by the others on the site. You almost had a thought that you will reserve judgement until, you know, something actually happens, but sadly you took the easy route and umped on the hater-wagon. Remember when Bullit was the one sticking up for Jed when Dennis was bashing Harbaugh? They didn’t call him company man for nothing. He has flipped like Fox news after Obama got elected.

Those guys are just aching for the team to suck. They want it with every fiber of their being.

And they call that keeping it real. Funny how they don’t remember the beginning of the Eddie D era.

Then again, they were children (or simply smegma) then, so I can’t blame them.

The only thing that would bum me out at this time would be to hear of injuries. I have been keeping track of the news from 49er central and so far no player has fallen down at his house, or got clipped by their lawnmower. Just reading about some of these kids who are gonna be in camp really eases my mind. I have a feeling we are gonna be one of the fastest teams in the league. The competition level is gonna be very high and I truly doubt anyone will give a shit about what happened last year.

Could be worse Winder.
      JPP in NY blew off a finger and a fat Contract offer this Summer.
      Stupid is as stupid does I guess?

Shit, CJ Wilson did JPP one better and blew off TWO fingers.

Yeah,no injuries is cool, but nothing has started yet. The greater fact is that there have been no arrests this offseason. At least involving CURRENT 49ers.

RayMac and CJ Spillman have gotten themselves tapped. Funny how Bullit is all over RayMac now. 7 strikes and you’re on double secret probation.

Bullit the misogynist, I forgot to say. A stupider fuck I’ve never met.

Just watch him stamp his little feet and blow his little stack. Get a life, you fucking troll. You waste your time as well as everyone else’s around you. You are the black hole of bloggers. You suck the light and life out of every exchange with your childish insults and stupid gotchas.

How about you post here you, chicken fucking slimeball? I mean with your real name. Gawd, pathetic doesn’t come close to describing you.

Hyuk!

Choke on it, fuckwad.

57. Berger says:

A word of wisdom to all you drunks out there; You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!

• 12th Man says:

Wisdom.

I can hold serve on my days off Berger.
      I just choose to chillax and indulge in my music.
      Sniping at you, or anyone else, about their 9er manhood doesn’t enter my radar.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.
      That truly deserves a toast.
      My condolences.

Wish I had a town like Reno where others were 9er fans.
        I’m on an island out here.
        Devoid of other 9er fans beyond my family.
        Here, I get flipped off while driving or, heckled for showing my colors.
        Spend some time in my World as a 9er fan.
        I can take the heat.

Why turn on our own here and at Skeebs?
        Find a way to work out the differing opinions maybe?
        You guys beat up on Bullit.
        The guy turned me on to Finnerty’s right here in my backyard.
        Never knew it was here.
        It’s now on my bucket list.
        Who can disagree with a fan like that?
        To each, his own.
        We’re better than this as 9er fans.

It’s OK to disagree.

9er fans should be united.
        Personal attacks are the reason for this Blog related divide/unrest.

Accept the fact that we all don’t see it through the same binoculars.

Be 9er fans.
        I’d kill to have guys like U in my neighborhood.

I welcome any 9er fans in my World.
        If you’re passionate and supportive and, think for yourself, your opinions are fine with me.
        Wear my colors, you’re family.

Right. V and Bullit have been pains in my ass for years now. V and Spitty destroyed my first blog because I had no recourse to shut them up.

Anyhow, now that I’ve vented, I’m done with them fuckwads. They can all wallow in their self loathing as the team trudges on. They’ll feel real good about themselves if they crater.

How fucking sad is that?

Chuck I’m fighting with my better half to replace my worn out sofas with a nice red leather sectional right now.
      What’s more important?
      Man Cave leather or, who’s right?
      We control only so much in this World.
      9er fans are OK.
      Fighting for Man Cave control needs support.

Agree to disagree with some.
      We share an agreement as 9er fans, don’t we?
      Winning good.
      Losing sux.
      No argument there.

The rest?
      Open for debate.

Asked my Son to back me up.
        Answer?
        I got a wife of my own to deal with, you’re on your own.

WTF?

Are we not 9er united?
        Safe to say, as my Son hauled away the old set.
        Game ON!

Well, as far as couches go, if its for the man cave, that should be your call. In the living room? A much tougher sell. If you pull that off, that would be pretty rad. I smell concessions on other fronts, though.

As far as the Niner fan thing goes, I’m fine with most fans, either 3-D or here in blogland.

But the history with Bullit digging up 5 year old posts to throw back in epoeple’s faces, and his general childlike demeanor, well, fuck that. He’s not a fan, he’s a dickless troll. V? Nothing more needs to be said. Someone who devotes so much time and energy to post the same shit til time ends is baffling in the least. Spitty is just being Spitty. He wants people to react to his effluvium.

I know I spent too much time on the back-and forth with them, but isn’t that what this is all about?

I’ll maintain til my dying day that I didn’t start shit with ANY of them. I merely gave them back what they started. A dick is a dick is a dick. A troll is a troll is a troll. Niner fan or not.

Chuck I live in NFL shitville when it comes to 9er-hood.
      I get your point, trust me.
      We ain’t gonna agree on everything.
      In Blogtown, a non-response can easily quiet the critic.
      Feed & Fuel?

Simply being an East-Coaster here.
      I can’t buy the fighting from within.
      I fight enough as the enemy out here.

As far as the Mrs goes?
        She lost already.
        She just hasn’t realized it yet.
        Football in September.
        Seating needed.
        ‘Nuf said.

Gonna leave my Son standing for not siding with Dad.
        At least for a few series ;-D

60. richyb1 says:

NJ49er, I’m new here so I don’t want to step on anyone’s feet, especially when it seems all you guys know each other and our on the same page. It seems a few of you have anger issues so I’ll try and be as careful as I can. I deal with a lot of fans of many different teams and many different sports and the majority will support their team regardless of what happened in the off-season.

What’s concerning to me are those ones who automatically call other fans haters, trolls and many other names for the mere fact that they see things differently than you. Some people just understand the concept of what works and what doesn’t work better than others and that doesn’t mean they’re haters or not a fan. Some search to find the kernel of truth better than others but that doesn’t mean they don’t love the team. It’s good to question the status quo because as I’m sure you’re aware the majority is proven wrong most of the time. You should maybe stop and listen and be respectable to one another rather than going on the attack because they’re saying something you don’t want to hear.

Just my two cents, carry on.

Richyb1 said it once, will say it again.
      To each.
      His own.
      I’m a 9er fan.
      I question Mgt at times.
      Doesn’t mean I don’t support the guys wearing my helmet on Sunday.

Try getting ripped by said trolls for literally 8 years, Richie.

Yeah, I give back. Mainly because that’s how I live my 3-D life. I don’t start shit, but I don;t back down either. I don’t mind other opinions, and I’ll gladly discuss things rationally with folks. But if it gets to shit flinging, I’m happy to wade into the shit. Guys like Bullit live to catch people on things. hence his digging up of 6 year old posts to throw in people’s faces.

Sure, I’m also a little fast and loose with comments, but that’s what this is about, right? If we were all sitting in a bar talking Niners, someone would say, that shit ain;t right. Here’s the real deal. As a fan, I’d listen, and maybe learn something.

If it’s flame-city about how stupid I am, well, that’s where I’d, in real life, take issue and say ‘what the fuck?’ and maybe get back in their face. Since its all anonymous, some get their rocks off acting the bully.

Easier to refrain here Chuck.
      Some folks I know wouldn’t talk shit to my face but, would do it here.
      I draw my line here with 9er fans.
      If you ain’t wearing my colors, you ain’t on my radar.

We can disagree.
        Stop the insults.
        Maybe things improve?

Ignore what doesn’t engage us maybe?
        Seek an upside.
        A broken clock as they say….?

Convince me you’re on my side.
        I’ll listen to your POV.
        Simple as that.

• 12th Man says:

NJ, shangri la sounds great but you are overlooking one important point, Bullit is a huge Vagina.

12Th I treat him like I treat the masses here.
        He’s a 9er fan.
        As am I.
        We can agree to disagree.
        I don’t want to make it personal.

For me.
        We’re all on the same team.

12Th I eat enough shit out here.
        I just can’t shit on other 9er fans.
        I’m the demon pod that landed in NJ as a teenager.
        I’m hated enough already.
        Fuk’m all.
        I represent Red & Gold.
        I can’t piss on my own.

• 12th Man says:

Ok NJ, to be serious for a minute. When there is an objectional personality, such as Bullit, whose sole mission in life is to be “right” whatever the cost, interacting with that person becomes a tedious chore at best. Regardless of what colors he wears or team he supports he causes people to turn off. I wrote a few days ago, I will interact with any of them except Bullit. I consider it a complete waste of time as whatever is the topic of discussion is secondary to “winning” for him so it’s not genuine.

You can do as you wish, no harm no foul.

Enjoy the brew and sounds bro.

Berger it’s 3PM ET.
    Me and the deck speakers are a 12-pack in.
    150W of AC/DC Live.
    Party starts early for a night shift guy on Friday.
    Neighbor’s?
    Fuk’m.
    They’re still working.

Thunderstruck bitch.
    Eat that!

Hah! Down with that!

Crank this shit up . . .

Yeah, time to let Bullit and Co. fester in their own shit.

These guys in their prime were hands down the most fun. Saw a ton of their shows. . . with Bon.

Haven’t seen ’em since. My loss I suppose, but Ill just remember them as I did in 1978 . . .

12Th I get where you’re coming from with Bullit.
    He uses past comments to remind us of our opinions I guess?
    Don’t know him any better than I know you.
    Written opinions will certainly come off differently than verbal exchanges I’m sure.

He seems to me to be a very detail oriented individual.
    Simply my opinion.
    As a distant shore fan, I just can’t follow the carping.
    I speak daily with an Eagle fan.
    There ain’t nothing more controversial in my book than that.
    He wouldn’t say shit to my face but, he sure would if he didn’t know me.

I stand up for Red & Gold.
    As would fans of any other team.
    It’s expected.

• 12th Man says:

Being willing to stomach Bullit has no bearing on my fan worthiness NJ. I assure you I do my part in not only talking about, but tangibly supporting my team regardless of coach, owner, circumstances etc.

66. Berger says:

NJ- If you are a 12 pack in call me. I called you but the music must’ve been too loud. I love it! I wasn’t going to drink tonight but if you call I’ll have a shot and a beer with you. That should get me started!

67. richyb1 says:

Unca_chuck, I love your site.

Sampling a new Band.
    The Dead Weather.
    Plenty of wattage required.
    Not too shabby if you’re open to listening to your kids’ music.

69. 12th Man says:

Chuck your V filter is on the blink.

Yeah, found your post and released it, 12th.

Also richy rich is gone. He must have access to different library computers.

For history buffs…….remember those days before Bill Walsh at the start of the Eddie D years? One coach in my memory was Pete McCulley. Perhaps the spelling is incorrect. There were others.

He and buwwit will tot in hell felching each other.

He accuses me if censorship but it’s ok for Skeebs. Typical extremism in action

73. Berger says:

NJ- You’ve got a package coming. Here is a sample.

74. Berger says:

NJ- More sample. Yes, The Central Scrutinizer telling us about the perils of a career in music and why it should be outlawed. This one is called Crew Slut.

75. Berger says:

More sample. Steve Hackett’s one and only blues CD.

76. Berger says:

How ’bout another. This is what I think is the #1 tear jerker of all time.

77. Berger says:

Rookies report on Monday, 7-27. Veterans report Friday 7-30. This is the last weekend this year without football!

78. littlepig69 says:

My name is V. It is short for vagina. I have 3.

I don’t know why.

80. littlepig69 says:

I have grandma issues.

Love the central scritinizer, Bergs.

At least I’m not a weasel, NoFear. You are king of the weasels. You couldn’t make a stand leaning on a tripod.

82. Berger says:

This song sums up about how I feel about the off-season. It’s a Bob Dylan song but I don’t think Bob is singing. This is a good version of this song. “I used to care but things have changed”.

Looks like Vernon and Sporano are working together nicely.

• 12th Man says:

We talk of the depth of coaching on D and forget Sporano is another ex HC with experience to draw upon for the O side of the ball.

Speaking of whiskey

That’s Bob, Bergs.

Oh, NoFear, you couldn’t stand for something if you were leaning on a tripod.

Minions? Lenniungs? Gawd, you and Buwwit are stuck in grade school. Does your husband watch football too?

87. Berger says:

Are you guys familiar with Eric Johnson? Here is one of his many great songs. This one is called Trademark.

Yeah …….on this blog we get some entertainment! I enjoy it. On the “other blog” you get Bullit.

I don’t like rap, but I have always liked this one

90. 69customshop says:

Nipper, I have no life. I get my rocks off badgering the smart guys here.

When that doesn’t work I cum all over my keyboard blogging at Skeebs place.

Lets all sing “American the Beautiful”…………la la la la la………

92. 69customshop says:

I’m scared . Of everything.

Yeah, Bergs, there’s a few CDs of shows that Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani did together. killer stuff.

94. Wow. I;m a lifeless toad..

69- Whatever gave you the idea that chuck represents us, or that we are representing him?
    Chuck graciously runs a 49ers blog. One which I am glad he does. The same goes for skeebs blog. They are moderators not idols like your political nonsense try’s to portray.