She Can Dance a Cajun rhythm . . .

Just like a Geepster in 4 wheel drive. Well, I got my wish for Roman to go. But Chryst almighty as the OC? I ain’t very happy about this. But here we are. Once again the Niners were turned down by the likes of the classy Lane Kiffin among many others. So we are toiling the local dirt with Tomsula and Chryst, our ex-TE coach as DC, and a few NFLE guys.

HuZzah! Can this group of befuddled misfits band together and form a winning team? Or is this just a holding pattern til the Mangenius is named our new HC in 2016?

We’ve gone from Teflon Mike to aluminum Mike to St Jim to now Trent the omnipotent terror and his sidekick young Jed Tweetsalot.

This is like putting lipstick on a pigs ass. Fun fun functional delusionary pipe dreams.

60 Responses to She Can Dance a Cajun rhythm . . .

York/TB are selling Niner fans a bill of goods. Get rid of the coach and then promote 3 hold overs on his staff to the 3 most important jobs? What a joke……

It’s a joke alright, but not the kind that’s funny.

It’s like trading a three year old loaded Escalade for a twenty year old Buick Century. And then trying to smile and find a positive slant to it.

Little “Jed Tweetsalot” is funny though.

Plenty of opportunity for out of work coaches to come in and face plant on the turf. Is Jimmy Raye still kicking?

Ah yes, we should have seen this coming, on KNBR TTolbert commented the reason why all the potential OC candidates turned their backs is at Tomsula’s press conference Tomsula was so wishy washy that TB came out and said what Jim was saying is we are going to run the ball!.

Every potential OC thought WTF they have an OC named Trent!!

5. Berger says:

Hey, look at the bright side, Geep was the OC who developed Ryan Leaf! Oh wait….. 😦

6. Berger says:

At least he isn’t Greg Roman. Unfortunately I’m not sure we improved.

7. Tomsula followed by Mangina culminating with the piΓ¨ce de rΓ©sistance — Geepus H. Chryst.

Steve Logan was hitched to Matty Ice at BC. I’ll give him that much.
    Not doing any cartwheels for Chryst however, but, I won’t prejudge until he has a chance to show me something.

Bicknell was an interesting option however, so at this point, chalk it up to 1st time HC Tomsula creating uncertainty with prospective applicants?

If Kaep can be developed further, there’s hope for upside I guess?
    Let’s put it this way.
    I ain’t holding my breath for any monumental progress this year.

We’ll see how patient Jed is going to be, with this latest overhaul and, his timetable for winning SBs won’t we?

9. Lurker John says:

Holy crap. What an epic clusterfuck. I’ll be a Niner fan until I’m dead; I couldn’t quit ’em if I wanted to. But if this is the plan these two bozos ha in mind, then surely the entire league is now laughing at the San Francisco 49ers. Anyone with the barest of football knowledge can see that this is Amateur Night in Santa Clara, and they’ll be here all year, folks. Please tip your servers.

The blind leading the blind. Go Niners.

10. ewisco says:

i’m not a kap fan but can anyone remember a QB that got noticeably better by working with someone in the off season that wasn’t on the coaching staff? I just can’t think of one. so if there’s improvement it’s going to have to come from the system, right? not the off season work? Is GC the guy? the world wonders.

• 12th Man says:

Didn’t Alex Smith improve after working with someone (Tom House?)

Plenty of guys have improved. Most QBs do offseason work anyway.

• ewisco says:

of course they work in the off season. but i just can’t think of someone that went from ordinary to extraordinary after “working” with someone in the offseason. we probably didn’t hear about any of that back in the day but it seems like what you see is what you get mostly. there’s sometimes a burst of change but then it settles back. i think the keys to QB play is vision and touch and i don’t think you can teach those. I could be wrong but i’m just asking.

11. 12th Man says:

Dennis called it, spot on.

I have no idea if Geep is up to it or not but as Flavor points out, not much new blood in the coaching ranks at the important levels.

I have a feeling Tomsula will do well initially, but does he have the chops for the stretch run?

12th I’m treating Tomsula as our version of Pete Carroll.
      He’ll keep the guys pumped and loose if nothing else.

Maybe it’s the old re-organizational practice of hiring ‘An Opposite’ personality?
      Remove the high strung task Master and bring in the back slapper.

I’m waiting for the announcement from Jed, (when the empty seats start to become noticeable), of Fan Appreciation Day Giveaways.

If there’s a Tin Foil Hat Day, I’m flying out!

• 12th Man says:

It’s all about wins NJ. Get enough to make the playoffs and it will be OK. Fall short of the playoffs again and all bets will be off.

The division is the toughest in football so making playoffs is no mean feat.

If there was EVER a time in my life, as a devout 9er Fan to have faith, now IS the time.

Everybody!
    Line up!
    It’s time to call for the Magic Bus!

Everyone ABOARD!!

At the end of this version, Pete Townshend explains how the Bus turns into a train.
      Hence, Transmogrification.

If this experiment of retooling our 9ers Staff doesn’t work, I’ll move directly to Ozzie’ s
      Crazy Train.

I have to there are a lot of Doomers out here. Let’s give the team a chance. The play calling will be the key. If we see lots of running the ball, well then we will know the Niners coaching staff are a bunch of “YES” men. Yes Mr York”, “YES Mr Baalke”.

I’m all in Irish Kevin, been with this team for too long to quit now.
      I’m getting more concerned for Jed possibly turning this into Dan Snyder 2.0

For me, we need better QB development.
      If Logan can do a better job than Chryst has done, we might survive.

Play calling works if the QB and OC are on the same page.
      I never got that sense with Kaep and Roman.
      If Kaep can learn a passing attack, quicker rhythm, we’ll likely survive.
      Assuming of course, we find our running game again.

Hoping for the best…..

From the looks of it, this situation could be a disaster. Could.
    We’ll know soon enough after a few real games.
    It’s odd, to say the least, the the former QB coach of the QB who regressed, is now the OC, and the regressed QB is in AZ working out with some QB whisperer/godsquadder. Truly weird. So, if Geepers doesn’t like Kap’s newfound footwork and techniques learned in AZ, what happens then? Other than confusion, I mean…

That’s the undercurrent Snarkk.
      All the efforts to go outside the Organization only to return to the inside?

It’s almost as if everything has been a fallback approach.

If Harbaugh was to be the QB-whisperer, I can’t lay it all on Chryst, that’s a shared duty that Harbaugh likely created and, may have paid the price for.

Moving Chyst away from the QB Coaching duties is fine.
      I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt as an OC, once we see what his MO is.

Logan gets a chance to work with Kaep now.
      I just hope whatever Kaep is getting from Warner and EXOS fits together.

Steve Logan’s resume isn’t terrible.
    Worked as a TE Coach for Jimmy Johnson back in the day at OK.
    Has QB/RB/WR position Coaching experience too, along with his OC duties at BC, ECU and in NFLE.

See where this goes when the time comes.

I do like the WR from ECU, Justin Hardy, as a potential Mid RD Draft option.

Not sure whether there’s any connections to the ECU program for Logan at this point but, he might have some knowledge about him.

Justin Hardy – ECU
      6’0″ / 188 – 4.50

Career ECU – 387/4541 – 35TDs

More of a Slot guy who could contribute as a PR/KR option.

I was hoping Chuck would get the call for OC.
    We’d definitely get some screens, slants, flat passes and draws. Maybe there’s still an assistant head coach position?…

If in game #1 of the reg season, Chryst can get plays called and snapped in the first half without Kap calling a TO due to the play clock winding to zero, I’ll consider that a positive sign…

This might just be the most impressive aspect of Steve Logan’s value –
    Getting Kaep ready to see the Defenses better.

Berger you’d appreciate this –
    His WRAL show, The Logan Zone, is advertised as Blues, Wine and Football.

I like this guy already πŸ˜€

BLEEP THE GEEP!

This is the bad new bears all over again. For all that though all we really need is a decent passing game.

I have faith in Kappy’s improvement, I just pray this isn’t Singletary part II where we load up the line every play and go from there.

For all the rigaamarole around play calling and such it really isn’t as hard as the last group made it.

I mean, really. If we kept HRbaugh and co, our trajectory was heading down anyway. The formAtions changed last year and we passed a little more, but it was the same old outs and dig routes. And our secret deep threat in Bruce miller. The same shit we ran in 2011.

When opponents figure out your tendencies, you end up struggling.

22. Berger says:

I’m going to give Geep a fair deal. We’ll see how he handles the play calling. I feel that play calling is as important as any facet of the game. Good play calling helps players buy into a system. Bad playing calling does the opposite. We had terrible play calling in 2014 so it can’t get any worse. I’m not feeling very excited about this hire but we’ll see.

I donlt know. He was Kappy’s position coach and Kappy sure didn’t seem very comfortable back there. Then again, the directive to not run and try to stay in the pocket came from higher than Chryst.

Maybe being freed from the shackles of the repressive Roman empire will let him burst forth in a blaze of glory.

Sure, I’ll go with that.

Shit, there’s just too many dumb jokes available with the names Geep, Chryst, Roman, and Sir Jed Tweetsalot.

• Berger says:

While most are ruing Kap regressing I take a different view of the situation. I don’t look at the QB and say he is backsliding, I look at the entire situation and ask why. Anybody who can’t see that our play calling had no rhythm cannot be trusted as somebody who is a strategist. NJ calls it ‘checkers vs chess’. That is a great description of our play calling.

Kap is a young QB who needs good coaching, just like all young QBs. Play calling is part of coaching. I don’t think the coaching he received was bad except the play calling was atrocious. The O-line played terrible this year, the WRs played terrible and the TEs were almost non existent. With all that, the QB is supposed to look great? I’m sorry worshipers of the great St RoBaugh, it just doesn’t work that way.

Our offensive system was one of the most poorly designed systems I had ever seen. Worse, the play calling had no rhythm. Watch a play break down in Seattle, the WRs keep running and know what to do. Watch one of our plays break down, the WRs stop and look for what to do next. That is not just a little detail. Often we would have pass rushers come right between the tackles unblocked. Our scheme sucked. Of course the QB regressed, how could he not. When RoBaugh took the offense into the garage and fixed it from the ground up they built a clunker. They entered territory they had little if no experience. It showed.

I’m not worried about Kap’s development nearly as much as I’m worried about our play calling. Bad play calling can make a QB look like he is regressing. That is exactly what happened in 2014. Kap has taken it upon himself to get outside help in developing his position. He is obviously taking this seriously. Any smart play caller will design an offense to hi-lite the strengths of his personnel, especially the QB. Let’s hope the incoming offensive staff is much better at this than the outgoing one.

Drivin’ that train, high on cocaine, Casey Jones you’d better watch your speed . . .
    Trouble ahead, trouble behind . . .
    And you know that notion just cross my mind . . .

Geep went to Princeton so at least we know he’s not dumb. Still, I am shaking my head sideways thinking about how long it’s going to take to get plays in NOW. You’ve got an inexperienced OC running plays to a QB who takes forever to read the defense with a bumbling, mumbling head coach interrupting at random times. We’ll lead the league in delay of game penalties by a country mile. Again.

• Berger says:

If the interim game when Tomsula coached for Singletary is any indication, one thing will be certain, the plays will get in much quicker and the tempo will be much faster.

26. Brooke Shields went to Princeton. Maybe if this OC gig doesn’t work out Geep could model jeans.

27. Alleykat says:

Players are all pissed off at hiring the Geeper Creeper. Says the org is just cheap assembling this bunch of misfits!!

28. The only thing more inept than these 49er hires is the NYRA. That’s the New York Racing Association for those not familiar. Aqueduct has field sizes of 4,3 and 2 respectively on today’s card. That’s right, a match race.

This is what happens when you allow the government to run racing. NYRA is government-run and led by that POS Cuomo Jr. whatever his name is. It’s bad enough that the government does their best to ruin our daily lives. Now they have to fuck up our recreational ones as well.

More big government! More 49er in-house promotions! More alcohol!

Nice comfort music there chuck. Well in most cases we are all in on this one, I just have a feeling that young Jed showed his hand.We shall see. I have a feeling that Mangini and Sporano(sp) are gonna have a lot of input on how things run but maybe that’s just me.

30. Berger says:

One thing is for certain. Had RoBaugh stayed they would have just kept getting punked by Pete Carrol. The truth is Petey is the superior coach to Harbaugh. Watching Harbaugh get outcoached by Carrol was getting old. And from what Takeo Spikes let us in on, it was just time for a change. That is just plain obvious to see. I have said that I’ll support the new staff until we see they stink. We can all watch Pete Carrol win another Super Bowl Sunday and then hope our new staff can strategize for them better than our old staff. We weren’t going to get past Seattle with Harbaugh around, that has already been proven.

Prediction: Niners will dramatically decline. Dennis will go nuts. Chuck will be perpetually pissed!

Gamble back in the fold for personnel. IMO that’s a bit of good news. Especially now that Baalke has less time for personnel matters, since he’s head coach…

Haven’t changed the potd for a while but there it is.

Can’t say enough about how fucked up this coaching deal was handled.

Yeah I’m glad we’ve moved on from St Jim but we are in a weird situation now. This team has a shitload of talent, but a cluster guck of a front office. Trent has done very well for the most part in getting players here, but the front office gyrations for the past 14 years have seemed to drive away reputable coaches.

This last flameout with Harbaugh certainly added napalm to the fire.

Still and all, all we really have to do is revive the passing game to the point of effectiveness. Just get Kappy to around 3500 yards and we should be fine.

All we can do is watch how this circus progresses. I don’t care if Bozo is our HC as long as the players buy in. I have a feeling that it’s gonna be a tough sell.