And the Beat Goes On . . .

Not much to add to this, but the world desperately awaits the decision that Jed and co will make regarding the HC spot. There are some who already have the cross built and are just waiting to hammer in the nails for the guy who dares to take the spot once held by the venerable St. Jim Harbaugh of the Tall Trees.

Whatever. As far as the search goes they hey have even dug up fossils like Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan in heir grand quest. The Rooney Rule hasn’t been met yet, and they’ve terviewed some defensive guys to boot, but all this appears to be the pretense of a thorough search. I still think they keep this in- house with Fangio. After that remains a mystery as per the OC. Greg Roman inexplicably remains on the team tho he is wining his way to TB or something.

Will the powers that be come out smelling like roses? Hard to say now. We have to wait until next season to figure that out. But rest assured, a large section of the fan base will hate the next coach 5 seconds into his tenure.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to And the Beat Goes On . . .

1. dirtnrocksnomo says:

They should just go all in on the douchebaggery and hire Jimmy Johnson.

I’d take him over Shanny.

3. Alleykat says:

Oh hell let’s just get Mike Ditka! Always a fan favorite at the Stick,as he’s blowing his wad of gum then tossing it at 49er fans after a loss.

WOOF!

5. Berger says:

NJ- Check out DeVante Parker if you’re looking at WRs. He’s had some injuries but he’s been productive as heck when healthy. I’m coming off of Funchess a little bit. He had some drops vs MSU. I’m starting to think Funchess as a TE in Rd 2.

Parker is one of the guys I’ve proposed Berger.
      He, Jaelen Strong, maybe Kevin White?
      I’m still not sold on a WR at 15 however, simply because of our HC position being in limbo.
      Like QBs, WRs scare me too.
      The bust rate is too high.

What do you know of Ty Montgomery from Stanford?
        I haven’t seen him in the flesh to have an opinion but, his stats aren’t bad.

• Berger says:

Havn’t watched much of Stanford this year. If Justin retires we will need a DE. We should get one regardless. Dial can take one spot. Who takes the other? The boy named Suh is very enticing! Sounds like we might not have the cap space.

• Berger says:

There’s a guy out of Texa$ who is 320 lbs. I watched some of his video earlier this year. He wasn’t very dynamic so I didn’t watch much but he was very stout. Because of need I’m going to take another look. He might be a heck a run stuffer.

Yeh Berger, the guy from TX is a guy I’m getting swayed by myself, Malcom Brown?

6’4″ / 320
        He definitely passes the eye test with a tall, wide frame and carries his 315-325 pound frame very well, showing easy movement skills. Brown looks natural on his feet with the range and redirection skills to make plays away from the line of scrimmage. Frequently among the quickest off the ball, showing the ability to penetrate and create havoc on behind the line of scrimmage. Brown locates the ball quickly, keeping his eyes up even as he is fighting through multiple blockers and works hard to get to the action, spinning and sliding to get involved. Gets his hands up in passing lanes, showing good body control and timing on his leaps to bat passes down at the line of scrimmage (six over his career). Still developing talent whose best football appears to be ahead of him. The NFL may also appreciate his maturity. Brown is married with two children and volunteered for Adams Angels, an organization for families who have children with cancer or have lost children to cancer.

I’m favoring Malcom Brown over Danny Shelton at this point.
        Want to see if they get invitations to the Indy Combines.

There’s going to be excellent options on the DL this Spring.
    If Baalke can nab another Aldon, it puts pressure on Aldon to keep himself on the up-and-up in a Contract year too.

Obviosuly Aaron Lynch looks like a keeper and, could be the answer to the potential loss of Ahmad.
    I’d put some pressure on Aldon too if possible.

Well, NJ, we’ll have a coach before the draft, so we’ll have some idea of the offense we’re going with.

Gonna have to start looking at the draft.

My son mentioned Shawn Oakman, DE from Baylor

Yeh Chuck I posted a piece on him sometime back.
      Big kid.
      Had an altercation at Penn St and transferred to Baylor.

Good crop of DE’s this year.
      My early favorite is Alvin Dupree from KY.
      Lot’s of research to do but, since we’re on the outside of the Playoff Party this year, I’m getting an early start.

Next week is the deadline for the underclassmen to declare so, there could be more coming.

We know Baalke likes the guys with the big wingspans, so, I’m waiting to see who the next high-motor albatross is going to be, when the Combines get rolling next month.

While Kaep is working with Kurt Warner at EXOS in the off-season, 2 guys I like at the WR position are scheduled to be there with him.

Jaelen Strong and Kevin White.

Good opportunity for Kaep to get some Pre-Draft chemistry worked out perhaps?
    Odell is planning to be there as well.

A little Texas Blues to start the morning right –

Jaelen Strong seems like a pretty dedicated kid from all that I can dig up on him.

Be nice if things worked out and he landed in SF while Anquan was here to bring him along –
    6’3″ / 215
    Can’t verify a 40 for him though.

This year at ASU his stats were pretty respectable –
    Jaelen Strong (157-2287) – 2013-14 – 17 TDs

Strong is aptly named as he is a well-built receiver whose height, body control and leaping ability make him a difficult matchup for cornerbacks. He runs hard and forces defenders to take him to the ground, fighting through arm tackles to generate good yardage after the catch. His size makes him equally effective on the perimeter (where he excels on back-shoulder fades) and when dragging across the middle.

Strong accelerates quickly off the line, making him an effective vertical threat. Shows impressive balance and quickness to shake cornerbacks.

The majority of his highlight material shows that he catches with his hands too.
      Pretty impressive.

Quick off the line is something all our WRs lack. Separation seems to be an issue. Which is why I think Patton and Ellington struggle. Then again it could be the routes. The quandary continues. At least until September.

I still think we should go D-line first and maybe second also. Next year we play that lovely AFC North, sweet guys really. We will need to stop them if we plan to go anywhere. We need a couple on the OL too. Depending on who is still around I would grab some LB’s. Since wewill be instituting a new system I think we will be relying on our D just as we have been.

If Willis am bowman come back, which they should I think we are set with LBs. DL? Ehhh. If Smith retires yeah. Even still I could be persuaded to go DL 1st round.

OL? Yeah sure. Tackle is a need. As always. JMart was fair to awful. MMartin had a tough go. Boone ce back slow. Iupati was hurt, Looney too, yadda yadda yadda.

Te needs some SPEED.

14. Berger says:

NJ- I just watched some Malcom Brown video. It wasn’t the greatest video to see everything I normally like to see but it was enough to say if we pick him with our first, pick I would happy with that pick. The kid plays with good enthusiasm, he is strong as ever and his he has great size. He was getting good penetration and splitting double teams. He and Dial would make a nice pair of DEs. I want to seem some video of the kid from Baylor if he declares. Stay tuned.

Well Berger, it all comes down to the slotting.
      At 15, I’d be happy to see any of the following positions addressed –

OT/WR/DT

The rest is left to what Baalke and the Scouts deem more valuable.

Drafting is pure BLEEP. Niners better not suck at it this time.

16. Berger says:

Kaepernick is going to work with Kurt Warner this off season. Warner might be the perfect match. He was one of the great pocket passers in NFL history. He also was called washed up when he went to the NY Giants and had an O-line that was getting him banged up. They said he held the ball too long, missed open receivers and had lost his accuracy. Funny how pressure does that to all QBs. It is why I say championships are won by D-lines. See Brady, Tom and his undefeated season come crashing down to earth because the Giants had a great pass rush. Did Brady choke or did the D-line win a championship form the Giants. I think Brady played well under the heat he was under but it caused him to be inaccurate and miss seeing open receivers for that game. Funny how that happens when the pressure comes.

Many fans rely on guys like Greg Cosell and Football Focus to tell them how to think about the QB position. Not Warner, he’ll get to the nitty-gritty. He has not only seen it all but felt it all. After playing with the Giants and being told he was washed up and should retire he went to the Cards and ended up in the Super Bowl. With a little time to set up and throw he was all of a sudden a great QB again. He’ll be able to see an know exactly what Kap was going through an sort it out. I’m sure some is Kap needs to grow, some was bad line play and some was bad play calling. Warner will know the difference, he’s been through it all.

One can hope. Good to see him doing this.

18. Alleykat says:

As much as a need for a WR(Parker and others) I wouldn’t pass on a big shutdown corner and my pick would be Trae Waynes from Michigan St who 6’1 185 runs a reported 4.20 40.
    We need to get more physical like those days Shithawks duo of Sherman,Thomas and Chancellor!!

19. robbiedeluca says:

I want shanahan

Ouch. Did his work with RGIii go unnoticed, ROB???

New thread is up. Glad you can post now.

21. robbiedeluca says:

We’re going to need a WR. There’s a good chance we’ll lose crabs. Lloyd is probably done and boldin is getting up there. WAY up there. For me WR is a must

22. robbiedeluca says:

Omg chuck glad u noticed me ur going to love this but i can only post on this old thread not on the new one omg. Maybe its because im posting from my phone?

23. Berger says:

Rob- Go to the top of the page and find the arrows that take you to the last and next threads. Go one forward. It should take you there.