Game Day #9 #9 #9 #9

Sorry, Yoko.

Game #9 of the season is here, the bye week and break is over, and the team has re-tooled with the addition of Aldon Smith, Mario Manningham, Eric Wright, and Tank Carradine. Aldon Smith likely comes in as a situational pass rusher, so he’ll get some snaps on defense. 15-20 I’d think. Unless Carolina gets pass happy. The rest? Not sure. I’d like to think super Mario gets some serious playing time as the Niners are going to need to throw the ball to get the run game going. And they need more than VD and Boldin to get the passing game going. If the Niners can get the passing game going early, that should open up the run game.

Carolina for their part plays defense much like the Niners. They rely on their front seven to control the game. They don’t blitz very much, and they stop the run an good as anyone without having to stack the line. They maintain their gaps and fill the running lanes. Which is why I think the Niners need to pass early to open things up. Carolina often only rushes 4 and covers with 7 so it is imperative that the Niners get people open. Miller has been serving well as a check down safety valve type guy recently, and we have Manningham back. Carol hasn’t faced a mobile QB like Kappy, and Carol’s star LB Luke Keuchly has been burned a couple times on seam routes, so the chances should be there.

I don’t think this one will be easy, but we are coming off our break, and they are traveling across the country. Niners win going away.

133 Responses to Game Day #9 #9 #9 #9

Facing the Panthers is a good wake up call following the BYE.
    Gives us a good challenge to get the second half of the Season into gear.
    Can’t afford a sluggish start.

I would expect us to challenge them on the ground as we always do.
    Best way to loosen up a Defense is to grind on them.

Mentioned on the previous thread, I’d like to see Baldwin get a shot at their shorter Secondary too.
    Panthers are chasing the Saints too.
    They won’t be an easy mark.
    Looking forward to a good game.

If there’s ever a game leaning in the Falcons’ favor it’s this one vs Seattle.
    The ‘Hawks Oline is a mess.
    Let’s hope Nolan and the Atlanta Defense can find some energy to play like this game means something, despite their horrendous record.

Atlanta needs to find some sort of a ground attack to wear down that Seattle front.
    Matty Ice isn’t exactly lighting it up through the air with the WR injuries they’ve had to deal with.
    Can’t expect TGonzo to handle it all against that Seattle Secondary.
    There’s talk that Roddy could give it a go. He and Sherman should be pretty entertaining, if Roddy is anything close to 100%.

Go Falcons.

3. I’m way out of the NFL loop with super-typhoons (Yolanda = Katrina) blasting 10,000 into kingdom come a couple hundred miles north of us and the 7.2 quake 50 miles north last week, so just saw Alex beat Saint Peyton last week to go 9-0. The important question I have is: How did Del Mar handle it / or explain it since Manning is you know so great and all and Alex sucks so bad?

But I think the Niners prevail 27-17 over de Panters this week. Hmm,…’de-panters’, I like that

• Flavor says:

great to hear you’re ok Phil. Take care.

• rtfirefly2 says:

Phil, it’s REALLY good to hear you’re OK. My best wishes go to all the victims of Poseidon’s wrath. I’m glad you’re still able to string a couple coconuts together!

The typhoon must have affected your herb, however. Alex passed for a mind-numbing 124 yards against the juggernaut Bills in Week 9. He led the Chiefs to a 10-3 2nd half deficit, with the Bills having 1st and goal on the Chiefs 1, before Alex’s savvy forced the Bills 4th string rookie QB into that 100 yard (really 101) pick-6.

Alex is a clever one indeed! He masterminds the Chiefs offense by leading them off the field early and often, giving the defense plenty of chances to score.

(Alex goes against Peyton NEXT week. Peanuts, get yur peanuts here!)

• twinfan1 says:

Try to get over Alex, RT. *Our* QB has averaged 167 yds. passing since Week one, with 6 TDs and 5 picks. The good news is he’s starting to stretch it out (about 10 YDs per att the last two weeks) and he’s running with authority again. With the terrible MCoy backing him up, they’d been more concerned with keeping him healthy than making plays. With Carolina likely to shut down the running backs, CK should bust out this week. For the last 7 weeks, he’s been Alex Lite… 31-17 Niners.

• “Alex Lite” That’s one beer even I wouldn’t drink.

• philippinefan says:

Thanks RT!

• Good to hear both you and your coconut connection have gone unscathed. Jumping the gun a bit aren’t we with the Peyton/Alex results. No worries. The only causality will be Smith and his Chiefs after they endure the wrath of Typhoon Manning.

Yeah, that’s some serious shit going on over there, Phil. Glad to hear you weathered the storm. And the earthquake.

5. Seattle is taking the Falcons out to the woodshed. On the road no less. They never lose at home, and now they’re winning on the road with regularity. Like I said before. Let’s just FFW to the WC weekend when we’ll be at Dallas playing Tony Romo. That’s going to be one big fucking hoot and a holler.

How bout dem Cowboys!

6. rtfirefly2 says:

Lambs 38 Colts 0????????????????????

Rod, please restore control of my television set! At least don’t play one of the William Shatner episodes yet again…

Doo do do do…………

LMJ activated, must be getting a shot at punts return, I should think. If he does, and doesn’t fumble the game away, I’d say KWilliams should not be long for the team. Especially with Crabby scheduled for return. The only thing is, if any of those three (Boldin, Mann, and Crabbs) went down again after they’re all healthy, there’s nothing to back them up. At least KW knows where to line up…

8. philippinefan says:

Uh Day Light Savings so the time diff is 10 hours not 9 if I have that right. Any calls for the score today? Twin has Niners 31-17 and I’m going with 27-17 Niners.

9. These actives/inactives and recent cuts to the roster are really hampering an already suspect ST unit. Would not be surprised one iota to see former Niner Ted Ginn Jr. take one to the house today.

10. rtfirefly2 says:

Seriously bad news on the tiebreaker front this week. That Thursday night game was a double whammy. Now with The Pack losing while the Giants showed up (enough against the Raiders),
    the showdown against the Seahawks might wind up having 0 playoff implications. Sounds odd, but it revolves around tiebreaker comparison #5 (the Niners and the Fish Market folk to be tied in 1 through 4).

Go RG III!!!! Rah rah Team to be Renamed Eventually!?? Cuz the Pack are beyond help with Seneca and Scott.

Okay, this is what I don’t like, I think it is some sort of macho thing, oh you have the best run defense in the league we will see about that, first series lots of running but like all good defenses, once you get into the red zone NO TD, as we just saw. Now the second series, more of the same. Like I said in the previouse thread, hope they have a plan B. hoping your defense wins the game for you is not the best way to get to the SB.

• philippinefan says:

Yep grind it out on the ground and take the FG thats us. O has a ways to go esp in passing game.

12. The Panthers are doing their damnedest to ensure we keep the lead.
    How often do you have a punt blocked, retain possession and gain field position?

13. Alleykat says:

Wow bad special team play( partial block punt)turns into a good one after that idiot Carolina player stupidly tried to field it.
    Hey Super glad your “Safe” Phil,and all your friends and relatives in coconut island.
    That’s a double whammy to go thru.

Yep no Plan B, And so no offensive TD’s!! Book it!

15. Alleykat says:

Need to punch this one in after the pick!!

Yep no plan B, instead take a time out to give gore time to rest!!

Phil, jog my memory – what island are you on?

• philippinefan says:

Camiguin near southern island of Mindanao. Storm went just north of us and ripped through central Philippines

Oh hell no, that was BS. Your D gets you into the Red Zone and you can’t score!!! The 49er OC needs to grow a pair!!

Let’s see the Niners on C 26 yard line, 3 points. Carolina drives 80 yards and a TD. Nice very nice!!

None absolutely none of the Niner WR can break away from one on one coverage??? Really???

21. Alleykat says:

Fuck 1st VD concussion out,Now Reid looks like one as well,he was run over.

Uh, if Carolina scores a TD, we can pretty much turn off this game. This shows what pathetic teams the Niners have played during the 5 game win streak!! The Niners OC had plenty of chances to get the passing game going, and he did not!!! Now they are paying the price in this game. And the Niner defense is the one looking like it is starting to wear down.

Even the Annoucer just called out the Niners non existent passing game. Wow, wow

Who did Gin play for??? 😳😳😳😳

Niner D is wearing down and the O has nothing going except Gore so far. Have to cut the O loose soon or else.

God thing this is the Chiefs bye week. Otherwise we would have to hear about the 10-0 A Smith Chiefs.

So if the Niners Offense is dead last in passing, I wonder what the Chiefs are ranked?? Anyone want to look that up??

Okay this the first time the Niners have had to play from behind. If I see two runs and a pass 😑😑😑😑😑

1 of 10 on 3rd down ain’t gonna get it done.

RT Davis is playing like shit.

1 an 11 and counting.

3 and out? Anyone surprised?

You know it’s a bad day when Andy Lee has a short punt. Field position game being won big time by the Panthers. Need a pick 6 or at least some kind of TO.

starting field position on the 1/2 yd

Get ready for 3 runs. Oh and that will be 3 and out

Why oh why is he under center??

huge play

Damn down the field passes would be nice

wow, such desperate play just to get a few yards. Right side of the O line getting beat up almost every play.

If this isn’t Nolan/Singltary offense I don’t know what is. 10 years of this shit. I am sooo tired of it. You can bet money Seattle is going to do a blue print of this game!!

Not looking good.

I keep reading about WR not getting open…SCHEME THEM OPEN ASSHOLE!

55 yards in 1 min no TOs…

1st down sacked…2nd dowm picked…perfect ending

Ratzenfratz – hello Dallas for the WC. Or N’awlins or Detroit Or Chicago or Green Bay…
    Or Philly.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffft

47. Alleykat says:

FOURTY SIX YARDS PASSING WTF????
    THROW IN 6 SACKS AND A PICK WITH NO CHANCE TO COMPLETE, FUBAR RIGHT NOW!!!

Losing VD and Reid didn’t help but seriously WTF is with these game plans? If the run game is working, all is good. When it isn’t they are screwed. Playoff’s is full of teams with a good enough front 7 to stop the run, so what’s the plan Roman?!?

49. This coaching staff is just one big fucking offensive laughingstock. They still couldn’t design a productive pass play if the chalkboard consisted of 22 “O’s” written in chalk. Disgraceful.

Do I have to say it again? Forget the rest of the fucking season. Our next meaningful game will occur in Dallas on Wild Card weekend come Jan. 4 or 5. Until then…

How bout dem Cowboys!

Taking Dallas today?

• On the road down in the bayou in N’awlings? I don’t think so. I expect them to taste some sour crayfish at the Superdome dinner table just like we will next week.

6-4 here we come.

Did I mention we’ll be playing at Dallas and Tony Romo come WC weekend?

How bout dem Cowboys!

• Just a darn moment. Now that I think about. If we continue to stub our toes along the way, we could end up being the 6th seed and be playing @ DET in the Wild Card. Unless Aaron Rodgers heals up by next week, I think they’re done. Serves them right for having only Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien as their primary backups.

I’m first and foremost to jump on our (that I perceive to be) shitty management, but goddamn. That’s a piece of work being down up there by Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy.

“Stupid is as stupid does.”

Color me unimpressed with Dallas. If it works out as you and I suspect they drop to 5-5 which is absolutely where they have been for years now, a .500 team. Granted that could be enough to win the division but I think it’s a race to 9 in the NFC East, no particular inkling they are good enough to win 9 at this point.

• That’s so very true. But if you could provide me with another particular inkling that some other NFC East team is set to win 9 games, I’m all ears. I think the season finale, PHI @ DAL on Dec. 29 will be for the whole shebang. And if I were a betting man (did I just say that?) I’d put coin on the Cowboys and Tony Romo in a do-or-die situation.

Did I just say I’d bet on Romo when shit’s on the line?
        No wonder I’m piss-poor broke.

50. twinfan1 says:

Well, so much for my call on CK and the win… can’t anybody manage a game around here πŸ˜‰ Seriously- CK was horrible, he needs to spend less time working on his brand and more on the game he’s paid to play.

A stat the announcers made, no team that ranks last in passing has ever won a super bowl!! Soo unless the OC can come up with a passing game we can start saying wait till next year. This is not about the second string WR we have. The Niners had 5 fourth quarters to develope a passing game against the 5 inept teams they previously played. Instead they did nothing, absolutely nothing!!

Niner D played great today…

There is no “quick game” from the Niner O. No quick snap, I don’t remember a single 3 step drop, no quick slant. There is also just about no visible method to take advantage of an overly aggressive D, screens, bubbles etc. I saw 1 today to Gore and it worked. Supposedly Niners O takes what the D gives them so I read. What the hell happened to the idea of dictating the game? When the D is taking away your comfort plays like today there has to be alternative plays that the O can execute.

Roman puts in 120 plus plays for each game, outside of the dozen or so the O is “good” at in practice how many others get used when the game plan is not working? How many are they confident they can run? Is it time to cut “the genius” playbook down by 50% and practice the living shit out of the rest, making sure at least half of them are passing plays and more to the point FAST passing plays that surprise the D.

Just frickin saying…

• Irish Kevin says:

I asked this at the beginning of the last thread, what was plan B if the run game is stopped. Well that question was answered…there was no plan B.

I’m suggesting something more Kevin. The O playbook is renowned to be one of the largest in the NFL. This goes to the notion of Roman as an offensive “genius”. It appears to me like the Niners have no bread and butter passing plays to go to. Everything is geared to the running game and play action off of that. It works against most defenses because they can’t contain the run. Strong front 7 teams can however and I think the O practices so many different pass plays as per the playbook that they don’t have confidence in any.

The second part being that just about every damned play is slow developing, painfully so.

Much is made of the balanced approach but how about balancing quick plays as well as slow developing plays? Every snap goes down to the playclock wire and if it is a playpass it is almost certainly a 5 or 7 step drop, nothing quick or surprising.

Like Chico says, when joe blow fan knows what’s coming it shows such a lack of creativity. I accept the WR are not the most dynamic, but the coaches are not helping by consistently expecting them to get open athletically even though it rarely happens.

That is poor coaching and needs to be addressed urgently.

54. twinfan1 says:

It’s hurt having Manningham and Crabtree out but they’ve done little to mitigate that. They’ve barely thrown to Hunter and Gore has just 10 receptions. Miller is their top receiver of the backs. They could use more of those despised checkdowns and short outs. Between the coaching and CK running in reverse, the did absolutely nothing to take advantage of the pass rush today. With NO and Washington on the road the next two weeks, they’d better get their act together or they could be 6-5 before they get home for the Rams and Seahawks.

Moving on to next week. NO game has become in reality a must win for the Niners. 2 1/2 games behind Seattle who now have 9 wins means the margin for error is very slim indeed.
    No team is unbeatable at home, but it is those games that define the season. A win in NO, especially if they play well is what this team needs. It will be a mild upset if the Niners do win in NO however.

56. Chico says:

Greg Roman needs to get his fucking head out of his ass.. When I know what’s coming, that’s problem..

57. JT says:

Roman is a cunt face piece of shit. That half a jig Kapernick looks like a an asshole with eyes

BLEEP!

I’m not sure why all the complaining about lack of passing. We passed as much as we ran. 22 passing plays resulted in 91 yards and an INT. 24 runs, including scrambles, nets 105 yards. The math ain’t too hard.

We lost half of our offensive output with a concussion and a big load off for the Carolina D to defend.

We couldn’t sustain a drive. That wrote the story of the game. Three and outs was the order of the day. You don’t win many games without converting third downs. That’s it. Roman can’t catch the ball, get some YAC or run through tackles from where he sits. The players are expected to do a little of that for themselves.

Easy to blame the coaching but somebody has to play the game somewhere in the equation. Execution sucked rocks. Can’t win like that, especially the tough ones. Wasted a good bye week.

Glad to see you make an appearance Phil. Quakes, cyclones and Indonesian AQ. You got it all, man. Keep you and family safe out there.

The question I have to ask is, if our playbook is so extensive, why the fuck aren’t there any pass plays that work? Kappy threw ONE pass over 15 yards, and that was the deep seam to Mickey D that was defended.

The huge concerns the line’s horrible play. This ‘great’ line rarely gave Kappy more than 3 seconds to throw. And Carolina wasn’t blitzing most of the time. Kappy didn’t play well, but Roman/Harbaugh called a horrible game. I won’t miss Roman one bit when he goes. I’ve had it to the hilt with him. 1 for 18 on 3rd downs? If you don’t ever throw down field, teams play the short game. This was another example Of Harbaugh going to his prevent offense in the 2nd quarter.

Granted, Kappy is not reading quick enough, but he rarely has the time anyway. The throw to VD that got hi hurt, Boldin was wide open crossing the end zone. That was a killer.

Chuck the Panthers D-Co did a nice job of confusing Kaep with pre-snap reads.
      They played an outstanding game today.
      We need to rethink our blocking assignments some.

Our OLine got b!tchslapped when it mattered.
      We had them on their heels with the ground game, up until Hunter lost the handle.
      Then, they completely went away from it.

They hit us with various stunts and managed to befuddle the interior of the pocket.
      Kaep couldn’t escape or step up when he needed to.

6 Sacks is embarrassing.
      Chalk it up to the other Team today.
      They made the plays when it counted.

What hurt today was, we passed when Down and Distance dictated that we had to.
    Carolina pinned their ears back and destroyed our OLine too often because of it.

I’m fine with going into a Dome next week, especially following a loss like this one.
    Gives us a chip, and a chance, to work again in a loud hostile environment.
    Nothing more motivating than getting kicked in the nootz in your own building.
    I’ll call it BYE Week Rust.

I’m now pulling for Detroit and Dallas to win their Divisions.
    2 Dome Teams that won’t scare anyone in a Playoff Rd.

Ain’t over yet, we need to handle our business and get this OLine and WR situation solidified.
    Plenty of time to get it fixed.

Hats off to Carolina. Tough D.
    Our Offense was the problem today.

The absolute quandary to me is the complete lack of offensive production from the WRs. Beyond that, the Niners have NO timing plays, and rarely throw slants. They do very little to take the pressure off Kappy when teams like Carol pressure him. Every fucking play takes the full 25 seconds to get off, and there’s no up tempo or urgency to them. No huddle? Seriously? Quick snap? Right. At this point I don’t know who to blame for this abject futility in the passing game. The schemes to me look bad. At least in the AZ game I saw live, VD got clear enough to get targeted.

Yep, I’ve been lobbying for a No Huddle, up tempo game myself.
      Too many pre snap adjustments, taking too much time to get started.
      DLine sees the play clock too. Can’t sneak up on anyone when the clock doesn’t help your Offense out.

Better to march into NO with a bitter taste in our mouths perhaps?
      See how they recover.

Manningham grabbed a nice slant pass to move the chains today.
      He’s knocking off the rust and will be for a couple of more weeks at least.
      He and Crabtree will greatly improve the intermediate passing game when they get back into the fold.

We still lack a deep threat.
      Hoping Patton and/or Baldwin can provide some help there in December.

NJ, I wish I shared your optimism. Frankly I don’t see us matching NO’s firepower. I’m starting to lose my faith In this offensive game planning.

All that adjusting doesn’t do shit. And that’s my problem with it. It seems to be kill kill kill and run up the middle with Gore.

This game kinda reminded me of the Raider game last week. A statement game that we didn’t come through on. Tough defenses are stopping the run and stopping this offense.

We were running very well on a very tough front early today Chuck.
      They got away from it.
      We lost by 1 to solid Defensive Unit.
      We can go toe to toe with anyone on the ground.

From here until the December Run, we need to find some sort of spark in the passing game.

• shaman138 says:

Apples and oranges, to a degree–SF lost by one point to a half-assed mediocre team while the Raiders were destroyed by one. With a backup QB who looked like Joe Fucking Montana.

I agree with NoFear49er regarding the Vernon injury too.
    Vance had a nice seam pass pulled from him too.
    Vance is coming along but, he’s no Vernon Davis in terms of speed.

Really wished we had Baldwin in this game. A tall target in an otherwise short Secondary could have been a factor.
    Time to put this baby to rest and prepare for 2 Road games now.

My considered analysis, based upon a gridiron acumen carefully crafted and honed over a long lifetime of NFL viewing experience, leads me to one and only one expert opinion:
    BURN THE FREAKIN VID!

The Superdome will.be an entirely different environment. A big time passer in Brees. Guys who can really scoot in Sproles and Colston, and a racetrack posing as a football field…

It is custom made for 1st down medium/long balls, 2nd down Gore gashes up the middle, and 3rd down screens. Guys getting the ball in space can change the momentum of a game in a big hurry.

Forget the Panthers even exist. For now.

We return to the venue of our MOST disappointing loss in years RT.
      We face a Rob Ryan Defense too.

We can run.
      We can Defend the Pass.
      We’re on a mission to redeem ourselves.

Keep the faith.
      We needed a wake up perhaps?
      Ain’t over yet.
      It just got a little tougher to catch Seattle at this point.

• rtfirefly says:

You would bring up THAT game. Now I’ve got to go
        kick my stuffed field goal kicker doll.

Never FORGET RT.
        Adversity is the ultimate motivator.

The Saints are tough.
        I just think we’re up to the challenge.
        Injuries from today’s game will be a big factor if they don’t heal up before next Sunday.
        Crossing fingers, and whatever else I can think of, to get us ready for battle.

When the going gets tough…..
      The Tough get going.

Let’s hope our walking wounded recover in time to help put this thing back on the tracks.

68. shaman138 says:

Niners in Nola? Well, any given Sunday and all but…no chance.

Yeah, I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that this team is losing it’s way. If they can’t generate any sustained passing, they can’t expect to beat strong offenses.

I really thought they’d have something that resembles an NFL passing game today, but they don’t.

There were a lot of drops and bad throws and a lot of pressure. CK7 launched a 30 yarder toward Boldin on the first series and put it right on the Carolina cornerback. The Carolina D had our o-line and CK7 on their heels all day. The coaches might have called some better plays to beat the pressure but the o-line was pretty much useless. As was James in picking up blitzers. One thing about deep throws is it takes a few of seconds to get a guy deep. How many plays did Kaepernick have a few seconds? Without Vernon and without protection I’d say the play card was pretty limited.

Kudos to the newbies on defense today though. Dorsey, Skuta and Jerod-Eddie especially looked like he could play at end and nose. Dobbs, too. Hell, even Dahl off the bench helped out “Hitner” and the boys in the secondary. Not all bad news.

Defense was outstanding NoFear49er.
      Surprised somewhat that both Tank and QDial were inactive myself, but yeh, the rotational guys played well.
      Whitner and NaVorro both had turnovers in their hands and let’m get away.

Oh what could’ve been I guess?
      Offense was offensive today.
      I’ll attribute it to BYE week rust at this point.
      Always hate the flip side of getting rested. It has a knack for throwing off the timing which is critical to making plays IMO.

Good to see Mario making a contribution again however.
      Agree completely regarding the OLine. Kaep had little to no time to execute with any confidence.
      Just wasn’t our day.
      Hats off to Carolina’s D.

I also think our WR problems are part coaching.
      How do 2 guys get into the same area at the end of the game when Kaep threw the game killing pick?

Didn’t record the game to go back to see who was there with Mario but, I gotta figure he didn’t belong there.
      Kaep also should’ve seen (Bruce?) underneath but, time outs were gone and, Carolina knew the sideline throws were coming.

Fact is, Kaep underthrew him anyway.
      Again, all around stinker from the boys on O.

71. I’m just going to count things off the top of my head in no particular order. Just leave me be. Thanks…

1. Jim Harbaugh is an arrogant and self-righteous asshole who has every cent of comeuppance headin’ his way…
    2. Jim Harbaugh allows his self-righteousness to seep into his offensive philosophy and play calling and it only drags him and our team further down the rabbit hole. Alice!
    3. Jim Harbaugh continues, CONTINUES to defy the current trend of the NFL and its nature of being a PASSING league by sticking to his Bo Schembechler Big 10 roots of “3 yds and a cloud of dust” philosophy.
    4. Fuck you, Bo Schembechler.
    5. Fuck you, Bo Schembechler Jr.
    6. THROW THE GODDAMN BALL!
    7. Colin Kaepernick does not represent this franchise well enough. Not in my mind.
    8. Bring back Steve Young to represent. He’s a good man. I’d allow him to marry my daughter.
    9. Watching this team play football is no longer fun. It’s a chore. Fuck you for making me feel that way.
    10. Seriously. Fuck you Harbaugh and Co. for making me hate you. I truly despise you and the 49ers. But I have no choice but to root for you and stick by your side. We’re joined at the hip. You’re my family. Just like I, and everyone else, we have no choice in the matter who are parents are, we share the same blood. But that doesn’t mean we have to love ’em. In fact, most of us at some point wanted them dead. Well, I want you dead right now 49ers. You make me sick.
    11. 11? Fucking #11? Eleven. Someone please make it all go away. I can’t take it any more.

Del, I think Jim is handcuffed without a viable set of reliable WRs at his disposal.
      Take away Anquan and Vernon, which most teams do, we’re below average.
      Kaep was hurried and harrassed all afternoon, no thanks to an OLine still trying to figure out what hit ’em and from where.

Carolina got a sack from a free runner in the Secondary. Who does that?
      They blew up the interior of our OLine all afternoon.
      When the OTs rode their guys around the edge Kaep couldn’t step up on many occassions.

Yeh, we miss Steve but, Kaep will get there. He’s still a pup.
      See the upside and remember your buddy Alex’s short comings.
      Harbaugh will get him thinking and reacting quicker as things develop.

The entire Offense sucked sack today.

We’re now playing for a Wild Card Seed, unless we get some major breaks with Seattle’s opponents lending a hand.

It’s OK to vent Del, don’t hate. We have time to get our Vet WRs into the mix.

STAY THIRSTY, DENNIS!

Youse guys are completely missing the point.

It was the curse of TO.

Ditto RT.
      That, and FOX introducing our OLine with Anthony Dixon’s mug in place of Anthony Davis.
      Might explain why Davis sh!t the bed on more than a few occassions?

When you get knocked down… you have to get back up. SWINGING.

In conclusion: A LOUD BLEEP for this piss poor game!

NJ, it was KW who was there with Manningham on the pick. Yeah ugly play all around. McDonald was wide open underneath and would have easily gotten OB on the play. The point being, they didn’t need a home run there. They just needed to get in FG range. Kappy also missed Manningham in the end zone on the play that VD got hurt. Yeah, woulda coulda shoulda, but Kappy needs to read through his progressions. And put the ball where it can be caught easier. He almost killed Hunter on a swing pass that he couldn’t gather in and got blasted. Kappy got very skittish, and rightfully so, but he’s got to work on accuracy under pressure. THe play calling gets very schizo at times. We had 2nd and one a few times and couldn’t convert.

It just seemed that Carlina knew exactly what we were going to do. 2nd one one, on the read option to Gore, Keppy keeps it and the d lineman is left unblocked for a 6 yard loss. False start, 3rd and 12. Gore gets 11 on a 4 yard pass. Punt.

It’s the lack of adjustug that kills me. Time and time again, when this team is facing relentless pressure, they don’t go up-tempo or speed the game up. ONE slant. And it worked. The thing I always liked about Walsh was if he found a play that worked, he’d go to it 4-5 moretimes in the game. Or more. Until they proved they could stop it.

• Random9erfan says:

Chuck,
      Surely, we have seen this before, as in:
      Vikings, Rams and Giants, all 2012 season
      The Niners entering the game, looking like world beaters, running into an opponent that appears to be a step ahead. It cannot be the QB alone because that has changed.
      So, it would seem systemic…..a slow lumbering offense that can put-up 30 points when it catches up an opponent off guard or a weak defense, but against a team that has an above average front 7, sputters and is unable to adjust.
      Add in the missing personnel and a QB who is struggling against a solid Carolina defense and the results were ugly. Heck even Hostler, Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson, did not field a pass offense that netted 46 yards, and they had much lesser talent to work with.
      Anyways, onto the Superdome, where Brees and Payton await, having feasted on the Cowboys, and plotting revenge for the past two losses. If the Niners are to get a win, it will have to be the same formula that worked against the Saints, the past two times: turnovers, a heavy dose of Frank and hope that the passing game is functional to keep drives alive…..or, sadly, it could be a beatdown.

242 yards rushing
    393 yards passing
    625 total yards – franchise record
    40 first downs – all time NFL record
    49 points

Forget the Raiders. Can the Niners play the Cowboys this week? Every week?

Could be a great chance for the Niners to catch the Saints recovering from their hangover.

Cowboy D is as soft as putty. At least the Niners play tough.

Don’t bother me right now. I’m doing my prep work for the Dolphins-Bucs game.

Do you think a sixer between now and kickoff will be enough, or should I switch to JD?

Keenan Allen: 38 recepts, 14.9 avg, 3 TDs.
    Kyle Williams et al. Bupkus…

Congrats to the Bucs for their very first win over those classy Dolphins.
    In the words of my favorite President,

“Bully!”