A Terrible Day for Bay Area Sports

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Well, so much for the tirfecta of sports nirvana. THe GIants started the loodbath by playing lousy defense and Barry Zito giving up 30 singles in the 1st inning to put the Giants in a hole they couldn’t crawl out of. Baseball is like that though. Lots of games to recover from the shitty one you just played. Even if it is in the great white north.

The Warriors on the other hand are in a much different world of hurt. They dropped a game to SA that saw Steph Curry and Klay Thompson (the greatest backcourt duo in NBA history?) shoot a combined 6-22 and 13 points. This will never get it done. One can go south, but not both of them. Even still, they were in it til the end. Barnes and Jack, stars from the game 4 win in Oaktown, did their best to keep the Dibs sin the game despite the usual array of 2nd half turnovers. They are now one game from elimination, altough they are coming home for game 6. You’d have to think they don’t shoot as bad as they did last night. If so, well, it was a good run for GSW.

The Sharkies? Well, they played well, but couldn’t score a goal to save their lives. You don’t score, you don’t win. Beating the Kings will be very tough for SJS. Yet another fairly underwhelming playoff run looks to be in store for them.

Aaaand the A’s lost in 10 . . . and Cal star running back Chuck Muncie passed away. R.I.P. Chuck. You were a fun player to watch. All in all, a crappy day.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

14 Responses to A Terrible Day for Bay Area Sports

1. Alleykat says:

It’s mind-boggling that KlayThompson didn’t even attempt one 3 pointer last night.After he lit em up for what 8 or 9 at Oracle last game.

Lets hear it for CRAP! Without it we all would be in a world of hurt. Warriors should lose the next game and finally their long season will be over. The NBA like all of these overpriced sports is way, way too damn fucking long!

• Alleykat says:

BLEEP!!!
      Nipper that’s the most animated I think I’ve ever heard from you.Hilarious! !
      Yeah CRAP..Shineola WTF,but your right sport seasons are way to long,especially baseball where you can play fucking over 200the games with ST playoffs and World Series! !!!”!

3. RTFirefly says:

Ever hear Jake Plummer’s interviews speaking about Pat Tillman and his family?
    That’s why Jake isn’t in the HOF, really. It took him a long while and the death of his friend, but he got his priorities straight. He hung em up for good.
    Football is just a game to me, and I never had 1/100 Jake’s talent.
    This one’s for you NoFear.

4. rtfirefly2 says:

Bill Walsh said that Jake was Joe Montana Territory. Super Bowls and all.
    I watched him in college playing for Arizona against a much better Nebraska team. He went the distance of the field with precision. Then lost after Nebraska got the ball back.
    Jon Gruden went to Idaho to try to get him back into football after Pat’s death, but he refused.
    Having too much fun hunting and fishing and playing handball. Lots of PTSD after Pat’s death.
    Pat was a hero who gave his life in the line of duty. So is Jake to me. He’s a hero to me. He keeps the peace in Idaho; I try to keep the peace in NM.

• NoFear49er says:

Hey, RT, Tillman’s death by friendly fire was a tragic loss. The stink put on it by the parents/media, albeit for different reasons, made it much worse. Not sure how it affected Plummer or whether getting benched was too big a blow to his ego.

As an aside, he ended up in my old stomping grounds in North Idaho. When I lived in Cd’A I rented a house a couple of blocks from the now famous bar where he met with Gruden. Bar wasn’t there then, plenty of others were though.

• RTFirefly says:

NoFear, I laugh and joke to keep my sanity.
        I lost one of my best friends to rape and murder practically in my own backyard.
        I have a bit of PTSD myself after that.
        Never caught the bastid either after years of trying.
        I never joke about schiest like this.
        Want to catch the guy, shoot the guy, and get on with life.
        Work with the State Police to make sure that never happens again.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed that the Niners took Drunkenfucker instead of Jake Plummer.

Plummer was a good enought QB who would have done much better in the Niner system. But Clark/Policy had to buck Walsh’s recommendation to draft Plummer and took DF.

“Druck” was an OK guy. At least the time I met him at the House of Prime Rib out on Van Ness. Funny thing about the HPR is that when I’d ask the old maitre d, “Gus” what was good tonight, Gus would always reply, “the fish.” I always got a kick outta that.

8. Alleykat says:

Drunkenmiller was a piece of dog shit,but atleast he played some.Bill the “Genius” Walsh biggest fuck up was taking Giovanni Carmazzi into the 3rdhotel Round (65th)be the heir apparent to replace Steve Young.Carfuck face couldn’t even beat out Tim Rattay drafted in the 7th round (185).
    Carmazzi never played a game in the NFL!!!
    Now he is a fucking goat farmer,enough said!!

3rd round QBs? Who needs ’em?

I kid, I kid.

New thread is up. …………………………….. ………………………………………… …………………………… ………………………………………