A Scary Day for Bay Area Sports and WR Roulette

Well, the Giants limped out of O Canada! with their collective tail between their legs, the Warriors were beaten down like Kinky Friedman in Texas on Tuesday, and the Sharkies produced no offense in their loss to the LAKings.

Where do we go from here? I guess we’ll see soon enough. The Giants get to the top of their semi-resurgent pitching staff with Matty the horse going up against Colorado, the Dubs back at their Oracle home, and the Sharks? Well, if they can figure out Mike Quick nd score, hey maybe they’ll get one in LA.

The deal being, the Dubs are on the brink of elimination. They need this one to extend the series to 7. If they can do that, well, all bets are off. They need to be the aggressors and out-energy the Spurs. The Dubs are younger, faster, and more athletic. They MUST show that. And the backcourt duo of Curry and Thompson MUST hit some shots. Thompson especially has been off his game these last 2. They have been sagging on him more than at the start, but still they need to get him better looks.

The Giants? For all their recent woes north of the border (mercifully it was noly a 2 game series), they are still in 1st place. Vogie is the big worry in the starting rotation. The Sharks? Lose and they become another Shark team that reached the playoffs and failed to make the grade. 9 years running.

Niners news? Weeeeeeeeeell, the Niners signed Jason Schleper, FB to round out the 90-man roster. Woo hoo. Other than that, the past and current BIn some kind of news, the dog-house occupier A.J. Jenkins apparently did fullfill his duties in working out this iffseason. I say iffseason because his status as a 49er will be real iffy if he comes in slow and stupid again. He worked with Kappy and fellow Niner WR Ricardo Lockette on strength and speed training in Atl for 6 weeks following the Super Bowl. Neither of which AJ had apparently.

The point being, the #3 WR spot is wide open after Crabs and French Bread (Bouldin) take the top 2 spots. Manningham and KW are both coming off devastating injuries and don’t look to be realy for training camp, let alone the regular season. Lockette may end up back on the PS and snagged, but there are a lot of candidates out there. AJ better be up to speed physically and mentally. The Niners carried 6 WRs last year, and they have 11 now. Hall, Hastings, Chuck Jacobs, and Moore look to be cut, with only Hastings being PS eligible. Lockette could squeak in depending on how the injured guys recover. Of the injured guys, KW would be the candidate to get the onto the dreaded PUP list. That would leave Crabs, Bread, AJ, Gen Patton, Lockette, and Manningham.

22 Responses to A Scary Day for Bay Area Sports and WR Roulette

1. Alleykat says:

Jason Schepler really?
    Actually he’s the final piece of the puzzle for our SB victory next year.NOT!!!

2. Alleykat says:

Jason Schepler really?
    Actually he’s the final piece of the puzzle for our SB victory next year.As Nipper would say ….BLEEP!!!

3. Alleykat says:

BLEEPING Double post sorry knuckleheads.

Well, the Giants pulled one out. Down 6, they win by 2. Sharkies down by 2, they tie the score to start the 3rd.

The Dubs are currently down by 10. Let’s see what they can do.

Well, so much for that. The Dubs hung tough, but couldn’t pull it out in the end. With Bogut hobbling and Barnes gone, the interior game of the Warriors disappeared and they faded in the 4th quarter.

The GIants scrapped their way out of a 6 run hole to beat the Rockies 8-6.

And the Sharks epically choked. With under 2 minutes left in the game, the gave up 2 goals (in 22 seconds) to blow a 3-2 lead.

Say goodnight SJ Sharkie.

Sharks + Warriors = also-ran in the Preakness. And that would be TITLETOWN FIVE. That horse is owned in part by Hall of Famer, Paul Hornung. Fuck the Packers! And fuck that shitty horse.

The #3 horse, PIANIST, just kicked off the $1.5M guaranteed PK 4 in the Gallorette Stakes at Pimlico. I had the 7/1 shot on my ticket, btw. Anywho…That reminds me of the old joke about the aforementioned winner…

A guy walks into a bar and orders a beer. He takes a sip, and then suddenly the most incredible piano music he’s ever heard starts up. He looks around, but sees no piano, no speakers, no discernible source for the music.

Puzzled, he asks the barman, “Where is the music coming from?”

The barman answers, “Well I’ve got this little guy about one foot high, playing this little piano under the bar.”

“No, seriously”, says the guy, “where is it coming from?”

“Well, if you don’t believe me, take a look and see for yourself”, says the barman.

The guy gets up, walks around the bar and looks underneath. Sure enough, there’s this tiny little man playing a tiny little piano. The little man waves and asks if he has any requests.

Amazed, he asks the barman, “Where in hell did you get that little guy?”

The barman answers, “Well, I was taking the trash out into the alley and saw this old dirty lamp. I rubbed the dirt off it, and suddenly this genie popped out and said ‘I’ll grant you one wish, but one wish only! So now I have this little man.”

“Wow!”, says the guy, “is that lamp still out there?”

“I guess so”, says the barman, “go out and take a look.”

The guy rushes out the back door and sure enough, there’s this dirty old lamp. He picks it up and rubs it. Out pops the genie and says, “I’ll grant you one wish, but one wish only!”

Beside himself with excitement, the guy yells, “I want a million bucks!”

The next instant the alley is filled with a million quacking ducks.

Disgusted, he walks back into the bar and says to the barman, “Man, this genie of yours has a real problem with his hearing!”

“No kidding”, says the barman, “did you really think I asked him for a 12-inch PIANIST?”

To quote the great race announcer, Trevor Denman, “They would need to sprout wings to catch ORB in the Preakness.”

Now the hard part. Who finishes behind him…

OK. I’m sticking w/ ITSMYLUCKYDAY from the Derby and I’ll go with WILL TAKE CHARGE FOR Te show dough.

Win: ORB

Exacta: ORB/ ITSMYLUCKYDAY AND WILL TAKE CHARGE. 1/7,9
    Trifecta 1/7,9/ALL
    Super 1/7,9/6,7,8,9/ALL

Go ORB!

And just for shits and giggles…ice cold exacta, tri and super…1/9. 1/9/7. 1/9/7/6.

Let’s keep the Triple Crown hopes alive.

Go ORB!!

11. barleyfreak says:

From the calling it as he sees it department, and apropos of nothing, WR Steve Smith says Mark Sanchez “sucks”.

The truth hurts.

I’d imagine Steve Smith would say the same about ORB after his Preakness effort.
    God dammit! Horse racing NEEDS another Triple Crown winner. My Sport of Kings is slowly dying. NO one, outside of me and the few and far between remaining hardcore horse racing fans will watch the Belmont now. I keep saying the Sport of Kings is dead, but it’s not a George A. Romero film. It’s not coming back from the dead…

“They’re coming to get you Barbara…”

I know Chuck is a big B-Horror fan much like myself. We’ve discussed “Creature Features” and the late great Bob Wilkins many a times before on his blog. I grew up on KTVU’s Creature Features and Bob Wilkins. Now you have some insight into my dementia. I love that shit.

Speaking of my dementia…how bout “Dementia 13?” Luana Landers has previous credits with Dennis Hopper and Jack. Not too shabby…

And if you didn’t get the just, “Jack” reference, go bang your head against the nearest wall. I’m talking about Jack. He’s Jack: the Knave of hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds. It’s fucking Jack!

I’m off to the Pinole Creek to feed my mallards. There’s “couch” therapy, and then there’s “feeding the ducks” therapy. It doesn’t get any better than playing Dr. Dolittle…”If I could Talk to the Animals…”

The horses are too young to take the pounding of the triple crown.

If they raced 4 years olds, you’d see a lot more triple crown winners.

Triple Crown, ESPN was yacking it up throwing out trivia about it. 1978 was the last Triple crown winner, a lot has happened in that time span, Reagan a pres, 2 Bushes in the WH, A President getting a BJ in the oval office, Internet, smart phones, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian. oh and the SF Giants winning 2 WS in 3 years!!

New thread is up…