The Crossroads

“I went down to the crossroads, fell down on my knees.”  God bless Robert Johson for that song all those years ago. Selling your soul for rock & roll fame, for the woman you love, or even being a successful football coach, the crossroads are upon the San Francisco 49ers.

This Miami game looms pretty large in the success of the 2012 football season.  This is the last home game til the end of the season, and the Niners cannot afford to lose this game. Miami is a decent enough team, but they are travelling across country and they are 5-7. Lose this one, and they could very easily lose the next 2 roadies in New England and Seattle. Neither are easy games by any stretch of the imagination. Go 0-3 heading into the last home game vs AZ would be a nasty set of circumstances, but even still, 9-6-1 would likely get them the wildcard. Go 2-2 and the Niners likely win the division, unless Seattle runs the table, but they could lose the bye week.  So, the Niners HAVE to take Miami and the Cards at home to have a realistic shot at keeping the division in play.

Seattle has AZ, SF & StL at home and Buffalo on the road.  A very easy schedule for them. Run the table, and 11-5 could very well win the division. There is Buffalo however. Seattle has been pretty woeful on the road til their recent Chicago win, and the weather in Buff is always an iffy proposition. The Niners would have to go 3-1 to stay ahead of them, win the division, and keep the #2 seed in play.

The good news for the #2 seed is both Chicago and Green Bay both have tough remaining schedules. GB has Det and Tenn at home, and Chi and Minn on the road. Chi has it even worse. They have Minn, AZ, and Det on the road, and Green Bay at home.

Of course the driving force of the team right now is the QB decision. Harbaugh put all his eggs in Kappy’s basket. At least as of now. If the Niners win the Miami game, then the pressure is off, or at least brought down a few notches. Lose this game, and the QB situation will become a full-blown controversy. Harbaugh will be 2nd-guessed over the switch mid-stream, and due to injury to boot, and it could very well fracture the locker room. I’m sure a lot of players were stunned by the switch. I was because it really left Harbaugh little wiggle room. That being said, if Kappy has a lousy game and the Niners lose, I have no doubt Harbaugh will go back to Alex Smith.

The ramifications of going back to Smith would be many. Sure, Kappy is the future, but would this delay the future? Would the Niners ride Alex to the playoffs, possibly to a Super Bowl win, and keep him? Sure they would. If so, does that mean Kappy’s on the block? Would he stand for a benching for another year to bide his time? What then? 2 years on the pine?

If Harbaugh sticks with Kappy, and they go one and done in the playoffs, would he lose the team because of the Smith benching? Next season could be a sea change if the players bail on his college rah rah style, which would then ring hollow due to how he bailed on the most important position on the team. Guys like Gore, Staley,  and VD could very well set the tone in the locker room as one being against Harbauh for blowing their last good shot. Justin Smith as well. The vets on the team could turn on Harbaugh, thus resulting in another coaching change. The year three curse of recent 49er coaches.

The beauty of all this is, win the next game, and a lot of this angst and worry goes away. Lose, and the sceptre of doom would begin to rise in the east.

112 Responses to The Crossroads

Well, since this is his first full year of HC, I think he gets some slack, but if the next few games Kapp goes in the tank, then JH will here a shit load of critizism. Did he make the call all by himself?? probably not, but he was probably the driving force for the change. It will all come down to wheter JH plays to win or plays just to keep his job? Go back to passing the ball early and on 1st and 2nd down then maybe the Niners can go 3-1, it he sticks to the Run on 1st and 2nd, and then it is consistantly 3rd and long….well we all know what happens then. I don’t know if Harbaugh will become good at adjusting to the ebb and flow of the game or not. So far he has not done a good job of it. He needs to start coming up with adjustments at the half. The Niners have a good/great game, then if the next game things don’t go according to plan, JH becomes conservative and runs too much. He does not have the Attack mode on all the time. So I will be at the game on Sunday. end zone seats where the players come out. I am going to try and get a headset linked to JH. Pass JH, Pass!! 5 WR set JH, Gore all by himself in the BF. Be looking for that, you will know that I got my head set. ha ha ha ha even I am having a hard time keeping a straight face while I type that!!

2. twinfan1 says:

Was browsing through some comments on the Ousider- funniest was Berger saying that Anne Coulter was “hot”. Indeed, if you like ’em 5-11 80 pounds she be your thang…12’s “stick insect” is his best line I’ve seen…
    I told you about the malicious Emails, didn’t I? DO NOT open any E Mail claiming to have nude photos of Sarah Palin- it’s realy a terrible virus. And DO NOT open any claiming to have nude photos of Hillary Clinton- they really *do* contain nude photos of Hillary..
    OK- having established that Mandrew Coulter is an anorexic hag, Sarah probably looks OK with her clothes off and Hillary doesn’t, I’ve pissed off about everybody here, so my day is off to a great start.
    But I want to make Colin’s fans happy so here’a nice piece on him. For real. I debated between this and the election predictions of Dick Morris but that seemed needlessly cruel. The Kenyan stole it fair and square.

Brought this from the last thread. Touchdown Tommy thinks this about PFF putting Kap at the top of their QB rankings since he became a starter:
    “This PFF metric is a farce for the football challenged wannabes.”
    PFF, the highly respected source that tracks players and teams has Kap as the best passer in the league over the last 3 games. Tommy disagrees. I would ask Tommy what he bases his disagreement on if he doesn’t know what that metric is. What say you Tommy???

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

Might help things along if you didn’t edit what I said and posted everything.
      There lies the answer.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

You presented the PFF premise and you don’t even know what they’re basing it on yet you present it as authoritative. Burden of proof is on you. I presented RGIII’s stats for the last 3 games.

I posted what they wrote, nothing more. In fact I questioned what it means with Twin.
        You on the other hand say it’s for football wannabies yet you don’t even know what it is.
        If you are just flapping your gums you can just say so. If you have something to back up this opinion I’m all ears.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

You wrote nothing more? You sure about that?

Instead of putting the onus on me to defend the PFF rating why don’t we try to defend your position that it’s B.S. when you know nothing about it?
        The burden of proof is on me to defend the rating against your baseless disparagement of it when you know absolutely nothing about it?

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

Just trying to bait people into mindless arguments? Not falling for that.

you got the mindless part right. Gum flapping it was then.

Brent Jones

“This whole process of Colin Kaepernick being the starting quarterback is also new for the coaching staff. It’s not like they’re going to keep doing things the way they did them the last 20-something games. It’s like all of a sudden they have to adjust and adjust their thinking as well.”

Lets hope he is right.

• philippinefan says:

I think he’s right. The question is are the ‘offensive’ coaches bright enough to use CK effectively and sustain a game long attack? How about for the rest of the season? I’ not so sure…

Well, watch the games. Its very hard to quantify good QB play no matter how many numbers you throw at it. For years, a 50% completion rate, and near 1 to 1 TD / INT ratio was the norm. For my money, Kappy deserves his 2-1 record. He played well in the first 2 games, but made too many mistakes in the 3 rd game.

Fricking Joe Namath is in the HOF with a 50.1% completion percentage, and he threw 47 more picks than TDs (173 TDs to 220 INTs).

6. twinfan1 says:

PFF is a fantasy guide with a ranking formula that’s been criticised by many. Michael Vick was the #1 pick for Fantasy players this year- I’d love to see how they came to that pick after his 2011 season. I think Vick owers might be disappointed in PFF.Also interesting is the ranking of Colin compared to their analysis of his play against the Rams:
    “The last time Kaepernick was on the field all we were heard was how much upside and more potential he had than Alex Smith. Though that might be true, we also saw the downside to him in this game. Kaepernick conspired to put a safety on the board when he was flagged for intentional grounding 5 yards deep in the end zone. That in and of itself is not necessarily a damning indictment of a quarterback (Brady in the Super Bowl, for example), but the play in question began on the 17-yard line. Kaepernick backed up 23 yards before getting flagged. He was also directly responsible for another Rams score as he overshot his pitch man on an option run, allowing Janoris Jenkins to scoop up the ball for a touchdown. We also saw the good side to him in this game, as he made some nice stick throws on occasions and picked up 69 yards with his legs, including a 50-yard scramble. However, it’s worth noting that things are not all upside with Kaepernick, there is a trade off to the switch, which makes it a bold and risky move.”

This is true Twin: “However, it’s worth noting that things are not all upside with Kaepernick, there is a trade off to the switch, which makes it a bold and risky move.”
      Something everybody agrees with and has said.
      I’m not suggesting all is rosy in the garden of Kap.

PFF is a paid subscription site. Market forces dictate how accurate or otherwise it is, despite your take that they are “criticised by many” Twin.

I asked you yesterday what it is and if it counts as a barometer of the who is playing better question but I think you don’t know what it is either based on what you just wrote. If TT or you want to dispute their findings don’t you think you should have a reason for their flawed analysis?

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

The way things work is if you provide a source and extoll it’s virtues it’s on you to explain why it’s credible. It sounds like people pay for it so it must have merit.
        12th man is just baiting for a senseless argument. That is clear.

• philippinefan says:

“If TT or you want to dispute their findings don’t you think you should have a reason for their flawed analysis?”

NO because that would require some factual evidence not just opinion.

7. barleyfreak says:

Seems a bit apocalyptic, Chuck. I don’t disagree with the QB decision, but I concede it’s gutsy and has chances of blow up in their face. I do have problems with how he has handled it publicly. Granted IDK what he told the players privately, but all the conflicting reports and leaks over that initial two week period certainly led me to think he was not very firm and did not communicate well with the team. That’s NOT good. The presser where he answered, “So yeah, Colin is our QB. (pause). And so is Alex.” WTF was that, I mean really?

Going into the season I predicted 10-6, which is lower than many and the reasons are playing out in some respects as I foresaw. Injuries, not surprising anyone, TO ratio, a let down in special teams — all of it. I thought last year was a perfect GOOD storm, and this year would be less so. Law of averages. Even with the QB change. Smith might have lost the game against the Rams. Smith might have won the game against the Bears, NO, etc.

I think we beat MIA, lose on the road in NE, SEA, and beat AZ. Seattle I would not be the least surprised too if SEA wins the other three and finishes 11-5. They’d have the division, we’d be 10-5-1 and in the wildcard. And as for Kaep, I’m actually less concerned with him than I am Gore’s health, some RB relief, more aggressive play calling. And when I say aggressive, I don’t mean “creative/gimmicky.”

I’m sure this is just coincidence, but Bullit, Reddog and now Touchdown Tommy all used the exact same phrase at some point when attacking, oops, I mean addressing me.

What a joke.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

I have never seen Bullet or Reddog post here so I’m not sure what phrase you are talking about. Are you obfuscating to avoid answering the question? Are you just using this as a way out? If I see Bullet or Reddog post here I’ll be sure to question them for you and
      pass on your concerns.

What question?

• twinfan1 says:

I don’t know who “Reddog” is or whether TT has numerous screen names but I’ve seen many of Bullit’s posts on the Insider over the years and his posts are literate and informed. His support of Smith seems to the issue with many.
      BTW, I know PFF ,I made a joke about the stat 12 quoted last night. What’s interesting is that the barometer is whatever favors Kap the most. And the “sniff test” is discarded then. For instance, Kap’s dreadful pitch and the subsequent Ram TD is not penalized by total QBR, because it’s an “aborted play” as per the NFL.. Said ESPN’s analytics department :”We are looking into additional tracking going backward and forward to correct this illogicality, but don’t have it in place yet,”
      Anyway, enough about Touchdown Kappy and Clipboard Alex- anybody have nude photos of Coulter? Denny would like them to add to his “Hot Wacko Babes” collection

Was that Denny or Reno who liked Coulter?
        Pick it apart however which way you want, they rate players by whatever their system is and Kap came out on top, crying about it don’t change it Twin.

• twinfan1 says:

Why do you folks come up with the crying bit all the time? I don’t give a shit about their ratings-there are a kazilion rating sytstems- all with their flaws. Even talking about where a guy rates after three games is idiotic.
        I don’t know who said they liked Coulter, might have been Berger.. But it’s definitely a Denny “girl”- from the Urban Dictionary:
        ” A sleazy,lying, anorexic, pin-legged, right-wing alcoholic twinkie ho who subsists entirely on a diet of cigarettes and Chardonnay.’

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

Twinfan

As you can see 12th Man never answered the question and laid the burden of proof on people questioning PFF. No way you can make a statement that the last 3 weeks Kaepernick was the best Quarterback when RGIII throws for 9 Touchdowns, 650 Yards and runs for another 180 yards in the same 3 games. It’s not even close. Topping it off the Redskins went won all 3 games.
        Then 12th Man goes and says Kaepernick only made 3 errors (10 points) in a game that went into overtime and which the margin was 3 points.

Only give a shit about the ratings that support your position Twin? Seems so.

• twinfan1 says:

No, ratings that represent a sufficent sample size. Smith is 8th in Total QBR, 4th in QB rating, Those two are sufficient to show Smith as a top ten QB, and I’ve never said he anything more than that.
      Colin’s 96.7 is about 8 points behind Smith, his total QBR is about 11 higher. With a couple more games, a proper comparison would be fair.it’s not quite yet.

Well lets see if we agree on this. Alex and Kap have to date as starters not too dissimilar stats. Kap is up in some and Alex is some. Sample size is what it is and growing. So far there has been no precipitous drop off from Alex to Kap. Before you mention Kap’s errors against the Rams take another look at Alex in the Giants game except his performance didn’t include bringing the team back to a winning position twice.

Curious 12th. Problem is, it takes 4 seconds to create a new email addy to create a new ID so there you go. Don’t know, don’t much care. If it is, well, someone’s got too much time on their hands.

Barley, it may not be as doom-and-gloom as I portrayed, but it very well could go down like that. Harbaugh is playing fast and loose with the team in the QB roulette game. If Kappy has another bad game, there will be hell to pay as the team sees another golden opportunity posssibly slipping away due to Harbaugh’s hubris. Especially if they go back to Smith after the Miami game. Then all bets are off as they try to rekindle the good feelings that were emanating from the team before Smith’s concussion.

All I’m saying is Harbaugh is playing with fire. This game is really very big. I think the Niners win. Miami isn’t equipped to handle a road game like this for being as young as they are.

• barleyfreak says:

I agree, this weekend is the first “must win” of the year…

There is no question Chuck, just stupid troll crap, he can’t control himself after a spanking.
        Agree, Miami is a must win. Niners can clinch a playoff spot with a win and Cowboys, Vikings, Bucs, Redskins loss and Rams tie or loss or squawks loss. Hey it’s a stretch but it could happen.

10. TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

What benefit is it to have multiple identities? When you are banned from the blog then it’s obvious.
    Unless Bullet, Red Dog post concurrently here I just don’t see any merit in what you’re implying.
    If I wanted to make a strong point I would want the recipient to know where it was coming from and not disguise it. Sounds too me like a poorly thought out excuse.

Nicely misspelled user names. Look buddy, when you go on the attack and can’t back up your shit it’s time to shut your trap. I don’t give a rats ass who or what you want to pretend to be, move along to the next person, maybe somebody else will be interested in your B.S.

No one else really cares enough to bother TT.

Carry on, skippy.

11. twinfan1 says:

I suspect that they will have a big win Sunday. There’s zero reason not to.

Heightened expectations goeth before a fall? And make that fall seem so much more precipitous to boot, a double win. Is this similar to the Niners couldn’t possibly have lost to Chicago kind of thing? On a serious note, I appreciate the nuances you bring to blogging, layers of game within a game. I find myself smiling as you play the various angles. Good stuff.
      Having said that, although Miami has a good D and is playing up and down I do think the Niners win Sunday.

• twinfan1 says:

Well, I *seriously* predict a win. A big one. I predicted 13-10 on the Bear game with Smith presumed to be the QB . I think I updated to 77-0 when I saw it would be Kap..
      OK-this week. 38-10 Niners. Miami’s defense is actually so-so at best-20th overall. 27th against the pass. They do rush the passer pretty well and QBR is a mediocre 82.3 against them but they give up a lot of yards. Big game for Colin and Jimbo.
      Thanks for the compliments….I think.

Well, strictly by pattern (W-W-L; W-W-L; W-W-T; W-W-L), they are due a win.

13. philippinefan says:

Okay it must be time fer some scoring predictions since folks are talking about our chances VS da Fish: I’m gonna say 31-17 Niners. With a game plan to take advantage of Kap’s talents downfield, some good runs by LaMichael James and 2 sacks by Aldon

I’m still reflecting on it Phil on account of how off I was with the Ram game. Need my mojo back first.

This is what happens when you step in a big pile of dog shit. You can’t get it off your foot for the rest of the day.

15. philippinefan says:

Yeah we sailed through the so-called ‘super storm’ Pablo with only the power and water out for 20 hours. Mountains to our east broke that baby up as it came in so we are fortunate in our location. Further south where it came in off the sea the winds, rain and damages were more extensive for the weaker homes. Our side of the island no proble.

Luckily Pablo arrived 30 hours after the last Niner game so I was fortunate to witness that great effort against da Rams….or not.

Not sure who that post is for, NoFear, but it is as cryptic as ever.

Good to hear you weathered the storm, Steve. Some others weren’t so lucky in your neck of the woods.

Predictions? I got a millon of them. 28-10 Niners. Another defensive beat-down. Kappy hits his passes. Gore gets going.

• philippinefan says:

Ok, will consolidate later in the day, 28-10. I don’t think it’s too early in the season to say this a crossroads game or that the season is on the brink. Let’s win this one and not have to find out.

Apropos of nothing, apparently some Cal students are fucking with Wikipedia regarding Hue Jackson.

Here’s his page:

18. twinfan1 says:

I tried editing Wiki once and I was surprised that it stayed up as long as it did. I don’t recall exactly what it was, something about Abe Lincoln inventing the Veg-O-Matic..
    “.Lose, and the sceptre of doom would begin to rise in the east.”
    Jesus H.Christ , Chuckles. I don’t even have a car to flee the carnage. Can’t it just be a scary cloud or something? Some sleet would be OK.

We eat Miami alive: 38-10

Here’s one from Wiki, Twin, you might be interested in. Wiki is the greatest library in the world, or a piece of leftover coyote kill depending on which article and who may be sandbagging it.

Look at question #5. Remember you have 14 seconds you answer each question.
    Yeah, that’s how I evaluate QBs.

Like I said, go back to the play calling in the Chicago game, pass on 1st and 2nd downs and use the run sparingly, the Niners should win this game. But IMO Harbaugh is now playing to make it to the playoffs, he is not playing to win the division. He will call plays that will get the Niners the lead and then go run and conservative play calling and rely on the Defense to win. I just don’t see the Niners going to the SB with the kind of inconsistant play calling that JH does. Since the Chicago game JH as been reigning in Colin and his passing, except when neccessary. Like I said, might as well be Alex out there. Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war. That’s what needs to happen.

Look at question #5. Remember, it is 50 questions in 720 seconds.
    You have 14.4 seconds per question.
    I evaluate QBs with this.
    Not.

oh and just to prove my point. SF 17 – Miami -9

Chuck,are you censoring me, or is it the Internet here at the moment? Either way, I apologize for the triple post if it goes through. I was just attempting to complete my argument.
    Question #5 and remember you only have 14.4 seconds to answer.
    Piece of horse stuff if you ask me. Horse stuff is the stuff that comes out at the other end after you feed them hay or grain or fruit. That you have to clean out after if you want good horses.
    JMO

Kevin, the thing about Chicago is they play strictly man defense. Much easier to dissect than the zones StL plays. Besides the fact Kappy wasn’t getting much time, I’d think he struggled with the reads. Iain;t sure of this, but that’s what it seemed like.

NoFear, you looked at this game with the All 22 deal? I’d really like to know what StL was doing in their defensive backfield. 2 deep zones? Over/under with 4 DBs? Nickel? All I saw was the CBs way off the line.

27. barleyfreak says:

I didn’t see the Rams game, so I can’t really comment much on it. Except from what I’ve read, and a couple of highlights. Seems to me, if they’re playing Kap, then play him. Don’t call plays that don’t use his talents. Gore went 20+ carries with something under 3 yards per. Huh? Apparently the play calling was conservative when it shouldn’t have been and was stoopidly risky when it shouldn’t have been (seriously, a pitch to Ginn? — that just SOUNDS wrong on several levels, evenmoreso near your own endzone). Hey Harbs and Roman, let’s match the game plan to the QBs skills some more, otherwise, might as well play Alex and cut down the mistake potential…

The safety Kappy got was a blown call, because the throw did reach the LOS, even though it was OB. And the pitch? A bad call executed very badly.

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

Chuck, I haven’t seen the coaches film for the entire game yet but some plays in each quarter I think.

Struck me as basically man under, two and three deep zone coverage. Lots of different pre-snap looks but settling into two or three deep zone.

Finnegan was changed up quite a bit. Sometimes manned on Davis or Walker.

The corners played mostly off coverage out of respect for our running game IMO. Press corners are pretty useless in support of runs between the tackles.

They sent five or more often and our line offered little resistance depending on Kaep’s much heralded escapability I guess.

Posted this on Skeebs a minute ago. Just so Chuck knows that I don’t take sides between you.
    E.J. Manuel from Florida State with one of the thirds. Great future backup QB who doesn’t think he’s the backup.
    Trent Richardson with the other ones. Get him and the Niner offense grows immensively overnight.
    Gonna have to give up a lot of picks.

Joseph Randle of Okie State. Probably 2nd-3rd round. Leaves lots of room for line depth.
    Good night fellas.

Do we need to draft a RB? Gore looks to have another season in him at lighter duty. Hunter probably takes the majority snaps next year. LMJ develops as the change of pace guy and Dixon for ST and as a backup. Miller is doing sterling work at FB.
    Not seeing the need for RB particularly.

We need D line depth, secondary depth, and a center, and even a WR or 2 before RB.

Love the Robert Johnson version, Bergs.

36. Berger says:

I’m partial to the Clapton version but hearing the original is really cool! I think that was from 1936.

They were just showing Muddy Waters inviting the Stones to play with him from 1981 on KVIE . . .

Pretty cool stuff.

Time fer some scoring predictions since folks are talking about our chances VS da Fish:

Chuck: 28-10 Niners. Another defensive beat-down. Kappy hits his passes. Gore gets going.

Phil: 31-17 Niners. With a game plan to take advantage of Kap’s talents downfield, some good runs by LaMichael James and 2 sacks by Aldon

Flavor: 38-10 Niners. We eat Miami alive: 38-10 (tied/same w/ twinfan who called first. Ties are okay just ask the Niners))

Twinfan: 38-10 Niners. Well, I *seriously* predict a win. A big one. 38-10 Niners. Miami’s defense is actually so-so at best-20th overall. 27th against the pass. They do rush the passer pretty well and QBR is a mediocre 82.3 against them but they give up a lot of yards. Big game for Colin and Jimbo.

Irish Kevin: 17-9 Niners. …Go back to the play calling in the Chicago game, pass on 1st and 2nd downs and use the run sparingly, the Niners should win this game. But IMO Harbaugh is now playing to make it to the playoffs, he is not playing to win the division. He will call plays that will get the Niners the lead and then go run and conservative play calling and rely on the Defense to win. I just don’t see the Niners going to the SB with the kind of inconsistent play calling that JH does. Since the Chicago game JH as been reigning in Colin and his passing, except when necessary. Like I said, might as well be Alex out there. Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war. That’s what needs to happen…oh and just to prove my point. SF 17 – Miami -9

rtfirefly says: 27-6 Niners for me

barleyfreak: 24-10, Niners Jenkins and James don’t get on the field. Kap has 2 TD passes and a pick. Akers makes a field goal w/o the game on the line. Huzzah. There are no pitch plays. CK won’t see anything but a variety of zones until he can figure em out.

Step right this way an make yer calls people. We’re at the Crossroads, we’re on the brink, sun gonna come up or will the sceptre of doom begin to rise in the east?

24-7 Dolphins end up in the Tuna can.

40. Grumpy Guy says:

27-17, 49ers.

Hmmm…not only is the Robert Johnson version great, but the pic of the babe holding the sax is pretty nice too. there is also one characteristics of the really good guitar players, they have really long fingers. just look at some to stills of Johson. Dwayne Alman had really long fingers also.

Huh, checked the spam filter, and 5 posts from RTF and Phil were in there, among the real spam.

Not sure why those got dinged, but wordpress randomly picks some posts as spam.

I released them . . .

I don’t know if I’ve ever been at a crossroads before, but I’ve been told to take the Slauson Cutoff, get out of my car and cut off my slauson lots of times.

Just a friendly FF reminder: the playoffs start tonight with the Broncos/Raiders game on TNF. Set your lineups accordingly. I took Phil + the pts. vs Chuck. Chuck’s a terrible HF of -10 or more the L3 yrs ATS.

I need a win and about a 35 point differential in Yahoo, Dennis.
    Then the Coyotes can sneak into the playoffs at night like coyotes do.
    With a 4 or 5 team 2nd or 3rd place tie.

Niners defense is at home and pissed. Just miss the shutout. 27-3 Niners.

Here are a few reasons why I think the Niners should draft an RB this year:
    The Niners have 11 draft choices this year.
    Alfred Morris, 6th round from Florida Atlantic tied for 3rd in the NFL in rushing this year, his rookie year.
    There is going to be a run on QBs with early draft choices this year, and there is nobody anywhere near Andrew Luck or RG III. I posted E.J. Manuel’s name yesterday and suddenly today it’s national news in Silver’s column. Co-in-ki-dink? I don’t think so.
    That’s how desperate teams are for QBs this year, and there are some good RBs that will fall through the cracks.
    Which you have to have in the Pistol.

• Grumpy Guy says:

With the soft draft class, Alex Smith might just land on his feet and laugh all the way to the bank. Assuming he gets his release this Spring.

48. Alleykat says:

28-6 Niners…There will actually be a Randy Moss&Vernon Davis sighting in this game as both will score a TD!

New thread is up . . .