Snap Back to Reality . . .

Ooops, there goes gravity . . .

Jesus. The overhyped game of the week turned into a monumental stinking pile of shit. The Niners were beaten soundly in every aspect of the game by a Giants team that did what the Niners did to Green Bay and Deetroit. Turn them one-dimensional and take advantage of the mistakes.  Confusing to me was the Cappy shit. The Niners were cruising along on their opening drive to the tune of 10 plays and 60 yards. In comes Cappy to hand the ball off to Gore on 3rd and 4 for 0 yards. Brilliant. David (not-so-green) Akers misses the FG, and there you go. The D forces a 3-and-out. The Niners go an another long drive, with a token Cappy handoff to Gore (WTF?), and this drive stalls as well. Akers makes this FG, and the Niners have over 11:00 of possession, 24 offensive plays, 120 yards of offense,  and 3 points. Say what you will about it, but the Cappy plays didn’t work. They got more and more random as the game went on.

Beyond that, the Niners vaunted offensive line was stymied all day, and Smith was harassed into bad decisions. The first pick was a pass to Delanie Walker. The guy who seems to be a magnet for crap plays. That pick ignited the Giants offense, and Eli picked apart the Niners secondary with deep passes against Culliver that was way too easy. The next drive was punctuated by a false start with Cappy in there. 3 and out.  The ensuing drive led to a FG. 10-3. The next drive was hampered by a holding penalty on A Davis, but Smith nearly connected on a deep ball to Manningham, and the Niners block NY’s FG attempt. Cappy throws a nice 35 yard pass to Manningham to set up a FG, but Akers misses again.

This to me was when the team lost their mojo. The ensuing kickoff was returned by NY 66 yards, and the Niners couldn’t stop Bradshaw from running up the gut for a 17-3 lead. The rest was a comedy of errors and stupid decisions. After a couple of picks and FGs, Smith hits Moss on a beautiful 55 yard pass. Naturally, Cappy comes in and gets sacked for an 11 yard loss. Smith comes back in facing 4th and 15, yet checks down immediately to Vernon Davis for a 7 yard pass.

The point being, Smith was pulled out at the completely wrong times. Cappy is a good option down close to the end zone, where he can do the run/read option, but not during the middle of drives where the Niners are moving the ball. Harbaugh is moving into Pete Carroll clown-ball territory with this shit. If he doesn’t have faith in Alex, then why is he in there? Even after all the picks, Smith hit Moss on the deep pass, and the Niners were still within 3 TDs with a quarter and a half left of football, and the ball on NY’s 34 yard line.

As bad as this got from the players side of things (and this was a ST disaster. The Niners are neaer last in k/p coverage now [Costanza?!?]), the coaching staff bears the brunt of this loss. Much like the Minnesota game, the coaches think their tricky little jumbo packages, and L Davis at TE (false start) shit, along with the Cappy drive-kill show, are going to befuddle NFL defenses. They didn’t at all. This gimmick shit doesn’t last in the NFL. Harbaugh needs to get back to basics and stop playing college football. Carroll learned his lesson. Will Jim?

25 Responses to Snap Back to Reality . . .

Alex Smith’s ascendancy to the top of the QBR ratings takes a huge nosedive.

Excellent analysis Chuck. It makes me glad fer once I missed this train wreck due to internet issues. Hey God is good and all merciful eh? Correct answer: damn right pardner…missed this stinker.

We have an identity crisis resulting in a train wreck: Are we an Alex team, a Kaper team, a Tebow team? We don’t know. G-Ro don’t know that is for sure. Emphasize the pass or the run? Fuck he don’t know. Use the Jumbo packages or some diddly shit to baffle ’em, all of the above? None? Uhhhh, dunno…

Harbaugh took the run first mindset of Singletron and rode it to 13-3 with some good conservative passing from Alex. Now we’re lost in a world of gimmicks and “who’s the QB” horse shit.

Scheme, coaching, what’s our strength? Lacking solid answers when we run into the NFL champs….big shit happens

3. philippinefan says:

Big shit? You ain’t seen shit like this before: (repost from last thread)

Gee fellas I never thought I’d be happy the f-ing coconut internet crashed hour before game time, but after checking the score and reading 1% of the comments here I’M FUCKING GLAD THE FUCKING INTERNET Crashed….kinda reminds me of:

Man In Critical Condition After Being Shot Trying To Slaughter Pig (only in Sac Town)

The pig of course is the NY Giants. The ‘man shot’ is the Niners. The man doing the shooting? G-Ro. WTF are we trying to be a passing team for? To misquote Del Mar: Run the fucking ball.

Same shit as the Vikes game = that’s not who we are.

4. rtfirefly2 says:

What, TOUCHDOWN TOMMY? I couldn’t hear you. Louder this time, please, for everybody.

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

If you’re a Fortyt-Niner supporter why would you tout the fact that your predicted a doomsday situation involving Moss that would destroy the team? One thing to have said it and another to start bragging about being right when it hasn’t happened. Where is this coming from?

• phil fan says:

Hmmm. I musta missed this one RT. Guess that’s a feud I’m not a part of? I have a strict limit on the number of feuds I got goin’ at one time RT…

• TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

No feud, just commenting on his Doomsday prediction about Moss and how it’ll cause the Forty-Niners to crumble. Randy Moss is a smart and knows this might be his last chance
        to erase the “quitter” image of 2 years ago at New England and Tennesssee. No indication that this wiil happen as even last week he gave an interview saying he was content. Jacobs is the player they might have to play or trade because he’s getting restless.

Well it took Carroll was in college and then pro and then back to college and now Pro to get his sh*t straighten out. lets hope that Jim does not go through that. It disturbs me that the Niners only losses are against teams with winning records. and Alex needs to be able to bring his team back against a quality team. Ariz, Seattle, St Louis, they are all capable of bringing down the Niners. The Niners need to get their Sh*t together. Play some quality ball against a quality team.

For as bad as Smith was, the QB carrossel was patently stupid. Like I said, with the Niners only down by 2 scores, Smith hits Moss on a 55 yard pass. Cappy comes in and promptly takes the 11 yard sack. Drive killed. THAT is a spot to run. Or at least leave the QB in that knows the offense a little better and can audible out of the designed play.

As much as I’d like and I’m sure you guys are expecting me to make Alex out to be the A-#1 goat, I can’t and I won’t. Yesterday’s debacle falls on the man who wears the crown — Jim Harbaugh. WTF was he thinking the whole day? Aside from the whole QB carousel bullshit, his play calling was abysmal. As Phil correctly pointed out, they needed to run the goddamn ball! Gore had 8 carries in the first half for 36 yds. Frank didn’t have one goddamn carry in the second half. Why? No adjustments were made, and if they were, they were late, erroneous and lacked imagination. Or maybe in Harbaugh’s case, they were too imaginative. The entire team looked a step slow and lacked focus. That shit’s on him. All the shit’s on Jim. I don’t even have enough shovels in my barn to eliminate the amount of manure produced by Harbaugh yesterday. Just one huge, heaping, steaming pile of shit.

• Irish Kevin says:

Damn Dennis, he didn’t lay that crap right in your backyard, he did it a Candlestick!! Grounds crew had to clean up that manure!! all of them were saying pretty much what you just did as they were shoveling

• Flavor says:

agreed. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish yesterday. It was a very *college-called* game. Bush league.

Here’s Harbaugh’s take on it:

“I don’t think any of us feel we had our best day,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday. “Certainly, wouldn’t be human if you didn’t hurt today. But there’s no time. You got to dust yourself and rise.”

Shit. Enough of the QB flippy-floppy. Keep the continued beat-down of Pete Carroll going. . .

That offensive PI call on Decker was atrocious. Cost me and Manning some serious fantasy pts., But I’m sure Peyton is much more upset about losing the 1st and 10 inside the 20 than I am. He could give a rat’s ass about my fantasy life. Maybe I should give Peyton a call and tell ’em how much it actually means to me. I guarantee ya it would be good stuff, Maynard.

PK 6 for the Broncos! That should rap it up. That was one helluva comeback tonight led by the one and only Peyton Manning. But as you guys repeatedly told me, “We’re better off with Alex.”

Would you like to load the .38 chamber, or should I?

IT’S PEYTON FUCKING MANNING!!!

We are better off with Alex, Dennis. Too bad you are too stupid to understand why.

Besides, it was Peyton’s choice. Not Harbaugh’s or Baalke’s or Jed’s or mine.

So, no matter what you do with all your whining about it, he wanted Denver. He picked Denver.

Phillip Rivers. Quitting pussy. I’ve never seen a guy give a game away so badly. 2 fumbles and 3 picks in the 2nd half? There’s no sense of urgency in his mind.

• philippinefan says:

“Besides, it was Peyton’s choice. Not Harbaugh’s or Baalke’s or Jed’s or mine. ”

Or Del Mar’s- for all the power and influence he wields in the NFL and over Peyton Manning. You give Denny control of the NFL and he’d turn it into a fantasy league in minutes flat. Guaranteed…

It’s a dismal day in hell when we get our internet back after two days and I gotta face the music that freakin’ Denny might have a point or two going fer himself at this point. AT THIS Point. I refuse to concede anything further or even to mention what I do concede. But cute college shit ain’t gonna cut it in da NFL right?

A simple request to the Forty Niners coaching staff:

Look guys I know it’s a bitch going from the Pac-12 or whatever to the NFL but please:

Lose the cutesy shit. You’re Not going to fool the NFL champs with Kaepernick as a change of pace to Alex.

Run the goddam ball down their throats with Frank, Hunter, Jacobs THEN go deep to VD, RM.
    We are a running, ball control team, not Oregon fer Crysake… Mix the pass with the run.
    Our OL is killer, why not let ’em get a head of steam? Run block until they stop us, then have Alex hit VD, Crab, Mario, Randy.
    Good shit will happen; that’s who we are. ARE, face it.

BLEEP!

New thread is up . . . . . .

. . . . . up is thread new