J-E-T-S . . . What the F**k???? And, the Scabs Have Been Picked Off.

Sorry, bad choice of words out there for any of you Green Bay Packer fans. Apparently the end is near for the NFL referee impasse. The Packers are thinking it was a day late and a few dollars short, but someone had to take the fall for the ‘integrity of the game’ angle. Say what you will, and you will, the replacement ref 3 week on-the-job crash-course training session turned out to be one train wreck after another. Losing count of timeouts, calling illegal blocks on kicking teams (did that only happen to the Niners?), being bullied by players, coaches, and fans, on and on it went until the Green Bay debacle everyone was waiting for. A blown call that lost a game. Now that this has happened, the deal was done.

I guess when Kim Kardashian calls your game a joke, the NFL suits take notice. Really, when everyone from Ariana Huffington to Snoopp Dogg (Lion? Kitty?) to Paul (hey! Pro union now!) Ryan to Prez Obama calls out the shitty officiating, the powers that be must knuckle under to the overwhelming evidence that these clowns couldn’t run down the field and blow their whistles at the same time. Every fumble was a near-riot situation as the refs would swallow their whistles and see who came out of the pile with the ball 5 minutes later. And the fans (well, the location of the stadium) certainly dictated the outcome of the call on Monday night, and many many others. But enough of that. We have the New York Tebows hosting the Youngstown 49ers this weekend.

The Jets are coming off a rousing OT win over the lowly Miami Smithless Dolphins, and another win over the lowly Buffalo Bills. They of the billion dollar Ole! defense. The Niners of course are coming off one of their most dispiriting losses in the short but exciting tenure of Jim Harbaugh and company. This of course was preceded by 2 rousing victories over bona fide playoff teams in Detroit and Green Bay. So, which was the anomaly? The loss to the 3-13 team? Or the wins over the 25-7 Pack and Lions?

Really, it shouldn’t matter. The Jets don’t really do anything particluarly well. They are 22nd on offense (19th passing, 17th rushing), and 21st on defense (11th vs the pass, 28th vs the run). The Niners, BTW are 21st in offense (24th passing, 7th rushing), and 11th on defense (13th vs the pass, 8th vs the run). The Niners aren’t exactly lighting it up either, but our opponents have been pretty tough in this early going.

So, the hope here is that the Niners come up with some better strategizing that what they brought to Minnesota. Ponder was ripe for the picking, yet we brought little pressure, and wht blitzes we did bring were easily picked up. Gore was ignored in the 1st half, and the D couldn’t stop Ponder and co. once the Niners got the offense going and closed the gap to 17-13 midway through the 3rd quarter.

This game is a big deal, even if it is a roadie in a hostile environment. Lose, and there are serious questions about the make-up of this team. The pass rush wasn’t nearly as crisp as in the first 2 games. The 3rd down conversion rate of the defense was 50%!! Flat awful. The Jets are a team that will lay down like dogs of you pound them into submission.  As the Steelers did pretty handily a couple weeks ago.

56 Responses to J-E-T-S . . . What the F**k???? And, the Scabs Have Been Picked Off.

BLEEP!

Yeah let’s win one for the BW legacy. At the moment I’m on strike so unless by some Tebowian miracle the pro refs are on board this weekend I’ll sit it out. Sleep on actually and catch up afterwards.

Minn should have been a sufficient wakeup call one hopes.

They are, Phil. They start tonight.

We can go back to yelling at the bad calls from the regular refs, at least they know why they are making bad calls, that’s much better.

There’s nothing like angry customers to get the attention of business owners who put out shoddy products and pretend all is well. Unless they would like to have no customers. Yeah a strike of fans is what works every time. Let’s get back to bitching at the regular stooges, sounds good .You called it Chuck the Sea-GB game ending was the tipping point.

So with tough guy Goodie finally getting off his ass and doing the right thing- treating his customers, employees and associated personnel with respect however reluctantly I’m going to call Sunday’s game:

Ok I’m in for a dollar 27-21 Niners with or without a Tebow sighting.

Chuck is calling 41-10 Niners by way of temporary insanity, cause no way does this Harbaugh team keep the pedal to the metal, once they have a 10 point cushion they turn turtle instantly and Chuck has them with 31 point lead, nah.

Football is watchable as a sport again instead of a sideshow. Regular refs were a welcome sight.

6. Grumpy Guy says:

I think we take out some frustrations Sunday. 31-13, 49ers.

• phil fan says:

God I would love that Grump- breath a fresh air, nothing like a beat down in football to make everything right in da woild, no?

Soon as Chuck gives us his opine I’ll consolidate all these. No use waiting for Del Mar, he’s either mucking out stables or rigging his fantasy leagues to remain on top. The lousy no good skunk…

I worry we may never get a sizable score over an opponent with Alex and this offense, unless the D gets a couple, as soon as we have a 10 point lead we duck back into the take no risks shell, same on D, keep it all in front and let them make underneath plays grinding the clock.

Here’s Lord Vangio on stopping Saint Tebow: (G. Cohn, 49ers PD Blog)

“You brought up the Tebow package. What does it consist of and how serious of a threat to do you have to take it?

“Well you have to take it very serious because they’ll play him some in there and it’s more like it gets back to the college type offense where there’s the gun read, the quarterback runs where he fakes it and then keeps it and it’s just a quarterback power. It’s an everyday power, but it’s with the 11th guy on the field not the 10th. So you do have to prepare for it.”

I translate this as follows: “We’re not worried about Tebow. He’s a missionary fer God’s sake! How many missionaries have scored TDs in the NFL? Right, none. Frankly I’m looking forward to serving his head to Herod, I mean Harbaugh, on a silver platter. You saw what we did to Ponder, that mother fucker?”

Yeah we saw what a running QB did to a comatose 49er D. I jest of course about St. Tim.

The Niners will win the game 24-20 or some such.

Howevah….shit happens all the fucking time people.

I thought Tim was a lowly Friar, at least he was in Denver. Maybe he got cannonized over the weekend and somehow the New York press missed it cause they were busy looking through his garbage for the Tebow story of the day.

• philippinefan says:

Some believe he walks on water and then turns it into wine but doubts creep in when observing his throwing motion.

Well he does throw a few ducks.

“How many missionaries have scored TDs in the NFL? Right, none”

Apart from that Mormon Steve Young: none, I think

I’m going with 41-10. Fuck the jets. This team has to take out it’s furstrations on these poor saps. They are pretenders of the highest order.

If we lose, well, then we are the pretenders. Or we are the team looking to switch QBs.

Sounds good, ain’t gonna happen. Time to put Kap in for a few plays a game. I was surprised they didn’t last week to shake it up a bit.

Time to put Kap in for a few plays? You don’t hear any Bronco fans clamoring to get Brock Osweiler a few snaps. You do realize bringing in Kap means taking out Alex? Don’t even say they could use both on the field at the same time. That’s even more asinine than a team replacing its starting QB for some gimmick play. Sounds like some of the rats on the RMS (Royally Made Shit) Alex are already jumping ship. For shame.

They will when the Raiders snap Peyton’s neck like a pencil, denn.

Dennis, I am all for benching an ineffective QB and trying another guy. With little to no film on him (Kap) coming in for a few plays, or a quarter or longer if he is effective and it wouldn’t matter to me if that was Steve Young, if the o is flat and we are losing shake it up a bit. I’m not a fan of Pete Carroll but he is willing to try players. That is different from making a permanent change at QB.

As of now I think Smith is the guy who gives us the best chance to win. A few more losses and that could change. It’s really weird to me how one side of the Smith argument or the other demands 100% support one way or the other. Life is this black and white or shades of grey? You don’t constantly evaluate fluid situations and adjust accordingly? You and Bullit are the same in this regard, all or nothing, but these are simplistic positions to take, so I won’t. I reserve the right to analyze the play of any and all players and have a fluid opinion of them based on that analysis.

• phil fan says:

Good points Man, agree.

First off, 41-10? That prediction will come true right after the Raiders win the AFC West. If we lose we’ll be looking to switch QBs? “O ye of little faith.” Matthew 8:26. That’s the King James version. Sounds like you’ve been reading from my bible. “We have already lost faith.” Alex 11: 34-35.

Dennis, believe it or not, the Niners are still in wait-and-see mode with Alex. Hence the make-good deal. You, me, or any other prevaricator can say what they want, but it still comes down to performance. As for Peyton? I thank God he didn’t come here as his time here would have been a waste. Besides, as of now, Smith is doing better than Manning. Maybe this season ends up being a waste as well witj Smith in there, but it didn’t cost $95 mill to find out.

We’ll see how this ends soon enough.

11. barleyfreak says:

I actually felt sorry for the replacements — they were clearly over their head. It was also fun watching The Return of the Refs last night. They will never, EVER be as popular. I hope they relish their 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in the Karma Bowl, the Rams beat Seattle at home on a last minute Hail Mary. Correctly called. AZ beats MIA and goes 4-0 and SB is the talk of Phoenix…until they lose the following TH night against those upstart Lambs. We beat BUFF, SEA is “upset” in CAR, and then lo! after week 5 it stands Niners & AZ 4-1, STL 3-2, SEA 2-3. Karma indeed.

Alex had a bad game, jesus, he had 15 fantastic ones before that…..
    We destroy them 41-6.

This week’s Scoring Challenge VS Jets:

Chuck: 41-10. Fuck the jets. This team has to take out it’s furstrations on these poor saps. They are pretenders of the highest order.

Phil: 24-20 NINERS. The farce is over and we got an ax to grind. Shackle the Sanchez; terminate the Tebow; crash the Jets!

12th man: 27-21 Niners. Ok I’m in for a dollar with or without a Tebow sighting.

Flavor: 41-6 Niners. Alex had a bad game, jesus, he had 15 fantastic ones before that…..The Jet’s suck and all of their weaknesses play right into the strengths of our team. We destroy them 41-6.

Grumpy Guy: 31-13, 49ers. I think we take out some frustrations Sunday.

Del Mar Dennis AKA the Crooked Commish: 35-34 Jets. That’s even more asinine than a team replacing its starting QB for some gimmick play. Sounds like some of the rats on the RMS (Royally Made Shit) Alex are already jumping ship. For shame.

barleyfreak: 34-6 Niners. I think we roll all over the Jetsons. I think our D really has their A game on. A couple of picks (one for a TD), 4 sacks, nothing in their run game, and a coast to a 34-6 thriller.

Nice calls gentlemen. We are all over the map this week. Let’s see how it plays out.

“Dennis, believe it or not, the Niners are still in wait-and-see mode with Alex. ”

Chuck, after that statement of yours. I don’t even need a closing argument.
    The defense rests.

I’ve been in wait-and-see mode for 7 years. A few more weeks won’t kill me.

17-6. I had to change up since the Niners lost. Besides, you really think Sanchez will account for a TD against the Niners D after his performance against the Fins? If Tebow would play QB at all, they’d score at least one TD. But Rex won’t do that.

“Del Mar Dennis AKA the Crooked Commish: 35-34 Jets. ”

Phil, as Lee Corso is wont to say, “Not so fast, my friend!” I never made a 35-34 Jets call. I used those numbers cleverly (as I’m wont to do) to illustrate to Chuck Alex’s W-L record of 34-35 while quoting “my bible.” Blasphemy be thy name. You’ll get my prediction when I’m goddamn good and ready.

And what’s the deal with calling me a “Crooked Commish?” Surely you jest. I may have a crooked nose courtesy of multiple fractures, and crooked fingers thanks to arthritis, but my integrity is as straight and narrow as a Peyton Manning pass on 3rd and goal to Dallas Clark in the end zone.

Which reminds me. Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

BLEEP the JETS and their loud mouth coach. BLEEP!

So just what are the Jets doing, or more to the point, not doing with Tebow this year? He’s yet to attempt a pass and has just seven carries thus far. I guess Tebow’s in NY just to grace the cover of the Daily News. For all the hullabaloo I’d at least use him a time or two.

Does everyone know what day it is? It’s Super Saturday at Belmont.
    Also known throughout the country as Empty out Dennis’s Bank Account Day.

New thread is up . . .