Oh, What the Hell . . . How About More On Alex Smith?

Or should that be moron Alex Smith? Anyhow, Jim Harbaugh, unsolicited and unprovoked, unleashed a furious and all-encompassing tirade supporting his QB of the near future, Alex Smith. In a nutshell (and yeah, I’m a nut with shells), Harbaugh said he was merely ‘evaluating’ Peyton Manning in an effort to see what he looked like. He supposedly told Alex about this, and he didn’t have a problem. The front office was aware of all this, and no one had any hurt feelings or problems with the evaluation.

When asked for details of these conversations, Harbaugh was a little less forthcoming. He did say this, “There was nothing said to Alex that wasn’t said to Peyton Manning or in house here.” Take that for what it’s worth. Or take it as a huge smokescreen to cover up the Niners intentions to sign the injured and fragile Peyton. Frankly, I don’t care very much. It was BSPN fodder for a couple weeks, and provided blog frenzies here and all over the internets.

Either way, the money was a pretty big obstacle to deal with. Sign Manning, and you really limit what you can do going forward. Is it worth one possible Super Bowl season to mortgage the future of the team suddenly weakened by an onerous salary, and a guy who has about a 3% chance to fullfill his deal? Smith said he would have stayed had Manning signed, but that sounds like another load of what Harbaugh was selling.

Still and all, they made the right choice.

54 Responses to Oh, What the Hell . . . How About More On Alex Smith?

1. philippinefan says:

Must be that the Niners Matter Again because old Alex sez a simple truth like passing yards are squat compared to wins and the story goes national and gets all twitterfied with boneheaded linebackers defending their rookie QB like someone just said a nasty about their mother. Gee I didn’t know Alex’s opine was that important but that LB (or whatever) sure did. LB prolly pissed at being 6-10 while 14-4 Alex has the stones to have a little swagger? Horrors!

Our man Jim sez “Manning was jest an evaluation. Alex was gonna be here all along”. We all roll our eyes thinking ‘Suuuure he was Jimbo, tell us another one’. Lies? Naw. Bullshit? Yeah of course. But it’s high quality bullshit ya know. Grumpy gets it. What was Jimbo doing? Prolly just pumping up his starting QB before Camp. Maybe Jimbo has a few small regrets in that human heart of his and wants to make more amends to the QB.

As dickwad skeebs (Not to be confused with The Dickwad) recently croaked: Unlike bloggers coaches are human with feelings. Yep that’s the point ain’t it skeebs. Dickwad.

2. Do you in yer fucking right mind for one second Believe Bill WALSH ever, once, was telling the truth, the whole ‘tooth’ -as my 11 year old Filipino son sez, mockingly- Do you rally?

Walsh was (is?) the Master of Spin, of plausible bullshit. You think Harbaugh falls short in the bullshit DEPT?

Fine. I suggest yer pulling it outta yer ‘Skeeb”, Dickwad

Okay the Niners like Alex……what else is new?

Lets watch paint dry!

5. Here’s a good reason Harbaugh could be feeling a little uneasy, enough to bring up the subject again months later. We discussed this here pretty intensively at the time. Some said it was just business, others that Alex was disrespected and upset. It was probably both I think:

“At the time of the visit, the information was different. Multiple sources said that Smith was upset that week because he didn’t know about Harbaugh’s trip east. One day after news of Harbaugh’s visit broke, Smith boarded a plane to talk with the Dolphins about becoming their quarterback.”

For all the plausible BS Harbaugh knows Smith was upset.

6. philippinefan says:

Smith Central here. Maiocco has a good point of view on this Harbaugh / Smith/ Manning deal”

Decoding Harbaugh: Manning, Smith was all about money

7. RTFirefly says:

Alex is a whiner. Willis McGahee, when asked about Tebow leaving, said (and it’s almost an exact quote), “Hey, if AP got signed here, I’d be out on my ear the next day. I know the score.”
    Alex should get a clue.

• philippinefan says:

Don’t hear him whining. The Miami trip would seem to indicate he smelled something fishy’ was going on. Many of us thought so at the time. Dunno for sure tho

RTF, if anyone’s whining here, it’s Jim Harbaugh. He’s the one who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It’s like I said in the thread, Harbaugh is being, at the least, disingenuous. There was obviously something going on here more than Harbaugh is willing to admit. And since I wrote it before Maiocco, he musta stopped by for a visit last night.

Smith is just selling back the bullshit that Harbaugh sold him.

9. “Smith is just selling back the bullshit that Harbaugh sold him.”

Classic

Criminy, this is the story that won’t go away. The clowns on the NFL Network are in aa tizzy about it.

“Why would Harbaugh drag this out again?” “What is he thinking?” On and on.

I didn’t hear anyone there saying this is related to all the shit around Smith’s Cam Newton’s comments. Inocuous as they were.

• philippinefan says:

That would be too subtle for them so it’s better to just yammer about Coach. Couple wins against the Pats, Jets, Bills or Giants will put a sock in it pretty quick.

It just goes to show that either Smith really getting tired of all the ‘game manager’ shit surrounding him, or he just doesn’t give a fuck anymore and is going to speak his mind.

He’d better back it up, or he’ll be as old as yesterday’s news in a hurry.

• philippinefan says:

Agree, Smith is going to be taking less shit going forward. Denny will never agree (does Dennis Ever agree?) but old Alex has earned the right to speak his mind without apology or explanation- Like Jimbo. Screw the fuckin’ media

12. It’s real late over here and I don’t want to say anything Maiocco wouldn’t approve of so I’ll wait til morning. (That’s a joke, subtle.) Oh and tell skeebutt I only had 6 quarts of whiskey- but that was before dinner

The NFL media boys are looking for something, anything to slam the Niners. Remember how Walsh was always getting ripped in the press? National media I mean. The news boys greatly fear a West Coast Dynasty 2 outta the Niners. Esp, after the pasting we laid on ’em last year. Only the Giants saved them from full blown hysteria and pious moralizing about HArbaughs failing. That and the Ravens win.

Behind their bravado and whining -talk about whining!- is fear we’ll do it again, only better. They see we’re better and it worries them. Freakin’ morons!

13. rtfirefly2 says:

Alex might not have meant to sound jealous of Cam Newton, but it sure as hell came across that way. He’s in year 8. He should know better.

• Yep he sounded outta character didn’t he? Theory I got is Alex is sick of years of being Mr Too Nice Niner Guy and having had a great season is telling it the way he sees it- damn the press, the critics, the players, the fans. I can imagine the pissed off rage has built up to a pretty good level.

Hey maybe Harbaugh knows ‘why’ Alex went off and was trying to cover for him as my good friend (joke) Maiocco sez. Maybe as Denny said JH IS a freakin’ liar and pissed Alex off one time to many with the contract shit. Dunno. I do like the newer ‘pissy’ Alex tho.

14. rtfirefly2 says:

I never know who I’m gonna be when I log in to Chuck’s blog, since I’ve had to change my login so many times. I’ll probably show up as Al Einstinkle next.

• philippinefan says:

Haha RT we have had a bunch of fun over here with the WordPress outfit toying with the few remaining shreds of sanity Chuck and the rest of us have. Glad to hear others are suffering too! : ) Used to be I could login as Phil Fan but now I’m stuck with ‘philippinefan’ whoever the fuck that is.That guy’s crazy! I like being phil or Phil. Anything but skeebutt PLEASE!

Well, in news that’s sure to knock Alex Smith out of the NFL Network talk soup football blather, the NFL says it got its hands on a ledger detailing payouts by the Saints coaches for players’ ‘hits, ‘cart-offs’ ‘whacks’ and deductions for ‘mental errors’.

• Wow, that’s gonna stop a lot of Alex blather AND a lotta blather from Vilma and his headhunter buddies about how “WE wuz framed and defamed” by the NFL/Goody guys. Not to mention stopping the Louisiana Legislature from continuing with their Charley Brown (?) act of “why’s everybody always pickin’ on me?” act.

I almost feel sorry for their fans…but then I remember the incredible arrogance with which they walked into The Stick yammering about us as a tune up for the Giants. Posted this shit on all kinds of blogs- even here I think.

Talk about mental errors! Dumb, dumber it goes for the Sinning Saints, hahah

Those of you who are having trouble with the blog, do you have an account with WordPress? I *think” is you sign up and then are afforded the opportunity to select your own avatar you incur fewer if no problems. Just a thought.

Here’s another thought: De we sign Peyton Manning yet?

• philippinefan says:

I got sucked into WordPress through Gravatar and can’t seem to find my acount over there. This philippinefan guy is really getting on my nerves. At least I didn’t get sucked in by a Hoover Upright….groan

Jesus H. Christ. I was better off not commenting for two days. My spelling sucks.
    You know who else sucks? The Hoover® WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright Vacuum.
    Fooled ya.

18. philippinefan says:

“Here’s another thought: Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?”

Not yet Del Mar but he’s gonna wish we did when we play the Bronks in the pre-season

19. philippinefan says:

Ok enough Smith blather. Here’s some more Harbaugh blather from a Niner fan on Sando’s blog:

Mouse from Denver thinks Jim Harbaugh’s recent comments are part of a master plan designed to create an us-against-the-world mentality.

“Harbaugh is playing the media and you guys don’t even see it,” Mouse writes. “Everyone has the Niners as an NFC favorite, and he doesn’t like it. Bill Walsh used to create animosity between his team and the media all the time. Harbaugh is going to say and do things to make you dislike him and dislike the 49ers, and you will ridicule and criticize. It will keep them hungry and focused in training camp, and by the time the opener rolls around, the 49ers will be riled up by all the negative commentary.”

Mike Sando: That could be. .. What he said was obviously deliberate….

If they both play the full complement of 16 games next season…
    Smith will throw 21 TDs. Manning? 31.

Did we sign Peyton Manning yet?

Shit. The weather just took a turn for the worst and dropped about 10 degrees here in Pinole.
    You know the feeling. Alex looks right. Alex runs right. And Alex throws right — out of bounds.
    That gives me the chills.

That’s a big IF Dennis. I put it at about 80% chance Alex plays all 16, and 20% Peyton does. Hence the reason not to sign him. Our line ain;t all that great, but it’s better than Denver’s by a country mile.

Off to a wedding in Apple Valley. . . .

Must stop by the Jack Russell Brewery. . .

Peyton, under pressure, takes a big shot. He doesn’t get up. $95 million down the drain.

Still and all, I bet Elway thinks that’s a wash. $95 mill to get Tebow out of town.

24. There’s the Chuck we know and love, yahaha. Funny guy. Maybe Chuck, maybe, could be. In a funny way I hope he’s vindicated about getting Manning because I like Elway but I do think yer right- Manning is a gamble. If he makes a miracle-Manning- and has a great season, okay fine it was a good deal. I won’t bet on it because of his age, injuries and the huge bucks involved.

Hey nice to see ya on the Niners Forever! Drop in once in awhile will ya? / sarc, sorry /

PS: Apple Valley? Where dat?

25. RTFirefly says:

Elway didn’t get rid of Tim Tebow until he had a future HOFer signed. He didn’t pursue Alex at all, even to replace Tebow. What does that tell you?

Add to that the fact that Tebow was ranked 95th by his peers, and Peyton, even after not playing an entire season, was ranked 50th in the NFL.com Top 100 Players of 2012.

Whiter Alex? Well, they’ve yet to release their Top 40. Maybe Alex is in the Top 40?
      Ha! Alex couldn’t make Casey Kasem’s Top 40 on the weekend.

Think that’s a problem? Here’s 5 real problems for ya:

What do Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers have in common? All ranked among the top-five quarterbacks in passing yards last season.

What else?

They all face the 49ers this season, starting with Rodgers when the Green Bay Packers host the 49ers at Lambeau Field on Sept. 9.

That gaunlet is not lost on secondary coach Ed Donatell, who met with the media Thursday.

“We’ve challenged them to spike, because of the competition and the schedule,” Donatell said of his defensive backs. “We play five of the top quarterbacks from last year. We have our work cut out for us. We definitely have to improve to match what’s coming at us this year, and we know that.”

Those aforementioned quarterbacks each passed for over 4,600 yards last season. ”

“Our line ain;t all that great, but it’s better than Denver’s by a country mile.” Quoth Chuck.

Ain’t good news for da pencil neck QB aka Manning. He plays more than 8 games this year I’ll be surprised.

How to define a “country mile”?

a) It’s the distance from Del Mar’s house to the nearest liquor store

b) It’s the distance Manning s head will be separated from the rest of his body this year

c) It’s the distance Aldon Smith will run with the football after said encounter with Manning’s head

d) It’s the approximate distance Elway will be carried on the rail by irate fans when The Country Mile OL allows 6 sacks in the 3rd game of the season causing PM’s head to be…detached.

Consider
    One
    Unmistakable
    Notion
    Thoroughly and
    Religiously
    Y’all

Manning
    Indubitably
    Leverages
    Everyone

The End

Yes Denny Has a drivers Licence. However his car is STILL resting at the bottom of the neighbor’s swimming pool…courtesy of Chuck

Alex has a message for Del Mar, Harbaugh, Newton, all of youse:

Screw you dickwad:

“House declined to discuss his specific findings about Smith. But in general, he said, some quarterbacks run into problems when they pile too much onto themselves”

“Said House of Smith: “What he’s learning how to do is not care too much. He can care enough but he can’t care too much.”

Good advice for Phil. Don’t care too much! The Niners will take care of business without the rest of us sweating the details. Of course Chuck will on that other blog because that is what Chuck does.

Same with Dennis.

• phil fan says:

Nipper! “Don’t care too much aboot my Niners”? Sacrilege!

But you are right. I have similar symptoms as Alex in that way. But my passes are much better than his. Ask Del Mar, he’ll tell ya. Yep sweating the details ain’t my thing. You want details go to that malignant ‘other blag’ and get in on the food/pie fights.

I will forgive Chuck because he’s a far better man (and blagmeister) than old what’shisfuck? However I will not participate in the phony SpyMasters 3 Ring Circus.

I. Have. My. Standards. …..down here somewhere….

New post is up . . .