Merry X-Mas from Unca Chuck and Ninersforever . . .

Merry Christmas one and all. I’m busy the rest of the day. The presents are unwrapped, got a nice fire going, and we’re all going to hit the flicks later today. I’ll maybe post later tonight if the Green Bay games gets interesting, but here’s to a happy and safe holiday . . .

BTW, hell of a game yesterday. Still a lot of FGs, and still aΒ lot of drops. The Niners sure look like they’ll earn the bye. Even if Kappy gets some playing time.

-Unca Chuck-

41 Responses to Merry X-Mas from Unca Chuck and Ninersforever . . .

Only 530 to go to catch Flav.

2. twinfan1 says:

There could have been about 25 game balls awarded yesterday..
    BTW, since when is an acrobatic leap the play of the day, much less the year? it was cool and all that but there are 10 better PLAYS every week..just my opinion

3. winder says:

Merry Christmas Chuck and to all the Ninersforever posters. Great way to start the holiday season.

4. twinfan1 says:

I’ve already come up with a couple of replacements for Denny to consider instead of Alex for death. More: Brent Mussberger and Dave Bennett ( the coach with the dog/cat routine) . I think if everyone gets going on this, Dennis should be able to select a worthy death candidate.

5. grumpyguy says:

Not a very Merry Christmas for Adrian Peterson. He tore BOTH his ACL and MCl in his knee. He’s looking at a long and dicey rehab, with no guarantee he will ever really make it back.

My sympathies to AP as an athlete and a person, and to the Vikings, who were pathetic enough before this.

6. grumpyguy says:

Bears have run all over the Packers, and shut their running game down. Just like we will if we get that far. Problem? The Bears are still down 14-3 at the half…

Grump, “defenses win championships,” right? GB and NE, the two most likely reps from their respective conferences are 30th and 31st in defense.

Defenses win championships? Not any longer. Offenses, and more importantly, quarterbacks do. Unfortunately, we have neither.

Sez the idiot who predicted 3-13.

Dallas won;t reach the playoffs due to their stellar guy. Right?

Or your personal lord and savior Tim Tebow? Hah ha ha. Thank God her doens’t pay attention to this shit, or otherwise, Tim would be swallowed up by a giant fissure.

The hope is we’d be better on D and in the red zone. NO in their house at least is the better team.

Could be us by playoff time . . .

Tebow stunk it up yesterday, that one was truly on him, and true to my word I’ve changed my avatar back to the coconut tree. Hate to inflict the mugshot on you the innocent…

What are you talkin’ bout. If I ever need someone to play Santa, I’m calling on you. That’s the best damn looking beard I’ve seen in years. I think even old St. Nick is jealous.

• phil fan says:

LOL, thanks Denny. Beard stays per the wife. I’m gonna go over to Flavor’s site and see if I can cast a vote for ya.

Cheers my friend.

• twinfan1 says:

He was never getting banned there, and to my knowledge he had never made the DIRECT threats ( that’s he’s made here) against Alex Smith that have 49ers security monitoring his online activity. This an answer to a question Chuckles asked. Now maybe Chuck would like would to locate my remarks about Zito and have the Coast Guard alerted…

• phil fan says:

Glad to hear Denny was never going to banned over there. That’s not what Flavor said initially and I’m glad he backed off. Again some of us can’t figure out why he is so effective at riling ya’ll up by irrationally dissing the hell out of Alex. Even his friends think his points on this are ridiculous but we don’t let it affect other parts of our relationship. For example all the stuff during the game about Christmas, the Grinch, the videos was about the most entertaining thing going during that nerve-wracking Game on Saturday. Most bloggers are nowhere near so creative. Also Dennis is actually mellowing out and becoming more realistic about his bugaboo AS..

Threats with no intent, concrete plan or evident means to carry them out are of no danger to anyone. Reminds me of a seriously mentally ill guy who walked into a courthouse with an ammo box filled with junk. He was arrested, did a little time and was soon back on our streets when the authorities figured out he was no danger. Dennis’s ‘threats’ are of a similar kind. No doubt yours (from what I gather) were too.

• phil fan says:

BTW I don’t mean to imply either of you are like the guy with the ammo box! Just a comment about real threats and empty ones

Cheers

The funny thing about bullies (= control addicts, the number 1 addiction on planet earth) is that deep down they operate from Fear: fear of being held accountable, of being held responsible for their statements, actions, Fear that they are not so hot, not so right, not worthwhile… Fear that their shit really does stink.

Well okay, join the human race; shit stinks! Is the answer to control, have power over others? No, not really, shit will stink regardless, yours and mine. Better we find common cause (like the success of our boys) to unite us no matter what. Then regardless of our frailties, our stinkin’ poop, all fears will be banished as we account for this moment where our men triumphed. This is what can unite us. 12-3 is pretty damn fuckin’ close!

“There is no substitute for Victory!” Gen. Douglas MacArtur

• twinfan1 says:

A blog author has every right to control the content on his his/her blog. That is not the same as having or exerting power over an individual. If had a blog dedicated to Tebow, I would have every right to ban all content that didn’t praise him. As a free man, you would every right to choose another fucking blog. Actually, I think having the blog author take sides in arguments between commenters to be far more objectionable. And, frankly, if I were Dennis, I would rather be banned than be kept for the reasons Chuck listed..

• phil fan says:

These are all valid points but have nothing to do with what I posted above.

To reply to what you said here: a blogmeister would quickly find he had a very small audience if he were foolish enough to ban/delete all items that offended his own prejudices. Some blogmeisters have small memberships for just this reason seems to me. Most of their former members would indeed go ‘find another fucking blog’ as you put it. So banning/deleting for spurious reason, without just cause, those items/opinions/bloggers that offend the prejudices/issues of the blog owner will drive people elsewhere. Which is precisely my experience with skeebs.

“…I think having the blog author take sides in arguments between commenters to be far more objectionable.” Both are objectionable and damaging to the blog IMHO.

Beat the Lambs! Go into the playoffs strong and prepared!

11. barleyfreak says:

That was a great game. Pretty? Not so much. Who cares. 12-3. It was another game that shows the resilience and character of the Niners. Alex played well, however you want to define it. Truth is the quality of his targets is diminishing, and wasn’t that great to begin with. But he made good decisions and was pretty accurate.

I railed (in my living room) at Davis for not getting the feet in on the long wheel route. Alex finally hits that one where it needs to be and Davis doesn’t even break stride and steps out like a freaking maroon. I’m yellin’ at him, telling my wife how clueless he is with his feet and the sideline, and then what happens? He gets all ballerina along the sideline in the 2nd half. Twice.

Other random stuff:

The OL played really well. Smith had time, even if his WR corps is looking mediocre.
    Gore caught something other than a cold.
    Grant has been an amazing backup for Willis.
    Aldon. He is getting really fin to watch.
    Rogers knocking Jackson out to save the TD was a thing of beauty. I still can’t believe Jackson didn’t find the endzone. I thought for sure he had it. What a putz.

I was right about my prediction of Lynch getting a rushing TD. Wrong about us losing. That’s the way I’d like to be wrong. But the only TD they were going to get was outside. Up the middle? Give it up, NFL. Our interior D is impenetrable.

12-3. Merry Fucking Christmas.

Falcons almost beat NO last time they played. Except for that brain-freeze 4th and one from their own 29 in OT . . .

Let’s hope they can do it tonight.

And yeah, Barley, the O line played very well in a hostile environment. Something they’ve had trouble with. Not too concerned about the 100 yard record, or the rushing TD, as long as we got the victory.

The refs may have kept the game from getting too chippy, but they missed the false start on the near-TD by a country mile.

. . . and a few others . . .

Tell ya one thing, I sure don;t want to play a game in NO.

• phil fan says:

Agree with the Chuckster. Which is why I will wage ONE MILLION PHILIPPINE PESOS we will win the game against the disgusting Rams.

ONE MILLION PESOS = $1.59 cents. But still, we’re gonna cream ’em!

So Edwards was given the boot. I guess injuries put the kibosh on his season.

• grumpyguy says:

Injuries and a less than wholly positive attitude and work ethic put the kibosh on his whole career. Someone will give him a quick look next Summer, but my guess is he’s out of the league by mid-September.

17. Kevin says:

Okay watching Brees, Rodgers, and Brady, there offenses score points. I know the Niners have a SB quality defense, with that said, I compare the 3 QB’S with Dan Morino. The Dolphins were putting up ungodly numbers that year on offense. But when they got to the SB against the Niners, that Defense shut down Morino and company. But the Niner offense could put up points, 30+ points per game. And that was when DB’s and Saftey’s could hit WR’s. This is why I think this Niner. Team will be one and done in the playoffs. Scoring under 20 points in a playoff game will not cut it. Are any of you willing to bet your retirement fund on this offense? I don’t think so. Hey I will gladly eat that deliciouse crow if the niners get past NO in the playoffs

• grumpyguy says:

We *might* beat NO or GB at Candlestick, one game out of three, if Jimbo comes up with something that confuses their QB. On the road…. not much more than a snowflake’s chance in Phoenix in August.

• phil fan says:

I won’t bet my retirement fund on anything certainly not beating GB, NE or NO anywhere. I will however bet 1,000,000 Philippine Pesos that we beat the freakin’ Rams on Sunday

NEW POST