Adios Josh Johnson. We Hardly Knew Ye

And hello WR Andy Jones. Yeah, I know, he’s likely a depth/special teamer/camp fodder guy, but there’s nothing much happening in the football landscape these days. And Josh Johnson was cut. Johnson has seemingly been on and off the team about 6 times, but has yet to throw a pass for us, and likely won’t. This leaves us with only 3 QBs. Nate Sudfeld, Josh Rosen and Jimmy Garoppolo.

Trey Lance of course is unsigned, but Nate the Great looks like the odd man out once that deal is done.

Intriguing to me is the Chandler Jones info out of AZ. They are far apart on a contract, and AZ losing him will seriously hurt their defense. I’m sure we would be among the last teams they would trade him to, butI would love to get a deal for him done a la DeAndre Hopkins. Although there are few GMs as dumb as Bill O’Brien so that is simply a dream.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

12 Responses to Adios Josh Johnson. We Hardly Knew Ye

Yeah, nice dream but Chandler ain’t coming here. AZ will have to find the money somewhere. It’s probably in the owners pockets and they just don’t want to cut it loose. To be honest I am not sure who is gonna be our backup after Jimmy and Lance. Who knows if Rosen is sleepwalking through the whole process or if he really is good enough. But i think you are right about Sudfeld. I am already stressed about injuries and I don’t feel very comfortable about our guys again this year.

2. 12th Man says:

I think they paid Sudfeld a guaranteed 250k. I think Rosen is a better proposition. Would be weird to waste 250k, not crazy weird but odd.

3. Sloshed Johnson says:

I hardly know you fools ever since you developed wet brain. Do you really think Chandler Jones is coming to SF? Try harder.

Injuries and violations. Criminy. What in the Edie wide world of sports is a’goin on here?

• Winder says:

Yeah, losing Moore and Skule fucking hurts. I see we just picked up another OL this morning to take Skule’s place. What violations? i haven’t heard about any of those.

5. Santa Clara Buffoons says:

I don’t know what you imbeciles are so worked up about. What else do you expect from an asinine Jed York team? Go back watching VCR highlights of the ‘80s teams and worship at the altar of Fast Eddie D.

Looks like Mullens landed with the Eagles. I hope the kid does well.

Yeah, saw that. Mullens will tease and tantalize and in the end be a 3rd string guy.

New thread is up.