Holy Shit! Free Agency is Getting REAL

6 years and $138 mill for Trent Williams, AND we signed center Alex Mack to boot. Now we have the Deshaun Watson rumors heating up. He reportedly has narrowed his choices to two teams. The 49ers and the Broncos.

And with this attention to the O line, does this mean we are serious about getting Watson? I still think it would cost way too much, but Watson’s claim to want to play here certainly gives the 49ers some leverage. Watson could do what Trent Williams did, and sit out a season in order to force Houston’s hand. With that possibility hanging over the Texans’ collective head, they may take a deal that isn’t so costly.

I mean we all saw DeAndre Hopkins go to the fucking Cards for pocket change. Let’s hope the powers that be in our front office can package something up not too damaging.

We would be an instant powerhouse with Watson on the team.

We wait with baited breath.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

48 Responses to Holy Shit! Free Agency is Getting REAL

chuck- I can’t even think about getting Watson. That is just too much brain overload. But whatever, what we have done so far is pretty exciting and makes a lot of sense. I know we have to have enough money to sign the rookies and since Goodwin is coming back we lose a 7th rounder i don’t think that would make any difference. I think we try and trade him but if not just let him go.

Remember the Houston GM too.
    Nick Caserio and Jimmy are connected through Pat’s.
    Then, there’s this…

Signed Tyrod Taylor recently?
      Things are looking likely to move towards a Deshaun deal IMO.
      I’d also think the restructured deal with Dee makes him easier to deal away too.

Gotta listen to my gut too involving Jimmy back to Bill somehow.
    Caserio in Houston.
    Jimmy in SF.
    Deshaun on the table.
    HMMMMM?
    Common denominator?
    All connected to Pat’s.

Pat’s jumping out early and loading up on FAs?
    Bourne among them? Jimmy in mind?

I’m going to join the group thinking about a 3 Team menage a trois.
    Multiple team, multiple player trade?
    Could happen?

A revenue depleted NFL, spinning it’s collusion magic, out in plain view, to drop a huge kickoff event to the new League year.
    Sounds about right 😀

Cam & Tyrod Taylor in Houston?
    Jimmy back in NE?
    Deshaun in SF?
    WHY THE FUCK NOT?
    Has Roger been looking for a new TV deal?

It’s St Patty’s Day after all in Roger’s world too.
    Spread’n the cabbage with style.
    Let the new League year begin.
    The Wizard of the NFL needs to get the game back in the black.

All ABOARD….

Add Deshaun?
    Exit Russell?

Do it for SF Roger….

Trust the process. I’m starting to think we may go all-in on Watson.

Ford, Armstead, and Goodwin plus our firsts for the next 2 years. I really thought we would try to get Sanders to package.

AZ is getting stronger. They picked up Hudson the center and AJ Green the WR.

DJ Jones signed for another year.. That was a good move.

Niners sign D.J. Jones to a one-year deal. Solid guy who has played well over the years.

16. Trent Swilliams says:

You guys are too smart for me. I twiddle me thumbs in gramma’s basement while my sister tickles my balls.

17. DJ Jonesss says:

I don’t even know where my brain is. I’ll fit right in with mama’s team of inbreds.

I’d ink Hyder and let Solly Thomas go.

Damn, guys are coming and going faster than I can keep up.

Still would like to see us give Watson a shot. We are in the toughest division, and we need to step up the QB spot. Jimmy most likely gets oe more shot, but fuck, Watson would bring this team to the top.

This is the most concerning aspect of the Deshaun sweepstakes in the end.
    Is he about to implode?
    Not good by any stretch, to have this sort of stuff attached to yourself.

Jesus. No one said anything at the time of course. The first case was over a year ago, and no one has filed criminal charges. Sounds kinda fishy. The lawyer sure looks like he’s trolling for clients.

• Winder says:

You are probably right about the lawyer. I think it would be prudent to get more info before we jump in though.

Yeah, time is on our side at any rate.

23. alleykat69 says:

Dalton to the Bears.The laughable Bears can’t get anything right as they’re fan base is blowing up Twitter ripping the organization’s incompetent approach doing nothing right.
    As Bears Whipping Boy Mitch”I can’t believe we drafted you Trubisky “ will now be holding a clip board for Josh Allen in Buffalo 🦬! Actually a nice upgrade for him to go to a playoff team atleast.

THe fucking Bears. I love it. Just wish we would have done better than we did with the pick we fleeced them for in Solly Thomas.

Even more curious?
    Saleh inks S Lamarcus Joyner while both Tartt and K’ wuan remain available?

Now that Chucky lost Joyner, maybe he goes after ours?

This has to be the craziest FA period in my memory. Billionaires strapped for cash.

I still think something will happen with Bill and Jimmy.
    Question now focuses on all the allegations surrounding Deshaun and, the growing list of accusers.

Lot’s of inner division signings with this FA period.

Not sure if AZ really got better or not they grabbed a couple of good players but lost some also. Being a FF football fan i saw that by the last quarter of the year defenses played Murray pretty tough. I don’t think he’s gonna have as good a year as the last two.

For all the hype around AZ, they didn’t make the playoffs. They are tough though. The key to playing these guys like Murray, Wilson, and Mahomes is to stop them from stepping up or breaking contain to the edges. Easier said than done of course, but 2 strong edge guys is very key to slowing them down on scrambles. I would like to see us get Hyder back.

We rarely play man in shor coverage so we should be able to keep these guys relatively in check, but we’ll see once we get Bosa back and bolster the D line a little more.

I hope we draft another edge guy in rd1. move armstead in like we did in 2019. Hopefully Kinlaw will be better and we should have the best D line in the game.

The Niners just signed 35 year old center Alex Mack, and he said the words I don’t want to hear ever, and I quote from the SF Chronicle, “I KNOW HOW IT FITS TOGETHER. I ENJOY RUNNING THE BALL.” It does not matter who the coach is, running the ball is and always will 1st in the offense. Until the Niners look at how other teams are able to make come backs against them, by passing the ball down the field, we will never ever see another SB. And until they get an offensive line that can pass block, the QBs will always be running for their lives or getting hurt.

Irish Kevin let’s hope Shanny knows when to pass and, what I assume Mack is saying.
      Pass to take a lead, run to protect the lead.
      Mack, (I think), is still bitter about losing the SB because Shanny didn’t run with the lead?

Lynch needs to put a Center from the Draft next to Mack to take advantage of the knowledge Mack has of Shanny’s Offense.

I see him as the perfect mentor and, his deal is very easy on the budget,

• Irish Kevin says:

I like the signing, I just don’t like the love to run the ball. 9 out of ten times the run is 3 and out, that gives the ball right back to the other team. Holmes got in a rhythm and there went the SB. He is only one of the QBs that have done that to the Niners. If the Niners had had any kind of a passing game they would have won that SB

Shanny relies on a lot of motion and play action.
        When teams figure him out he’s easy to predict.
        Parcells always had the ability to beat your ass on the ground when he needed to.
        We need to get the OLine improved overall.
        Mack WILL help IMO but, he’s no spring chicken.
        Jimmy got little time to think in the SB, because pressure wasn’t picked up.
        Let’s hope they get an answer to McGlinchey’s pass pro deficiency too.

Happy to retain Trent and add Mack so far.
        Need to Draft a young Center, and likely a replacement for McGlinchey.

The Houston Chronicle’s John McClain believes Deshaun Watson is “still destined to be traded.”
    Watson’s legal issues could delay the timing of when he’s traded, but signs still point to a deal being made. Teams will likely want to know the results of the NFL’s investigation into Watson and whether he’ll be suspended under the personal conduct policy. McClain suggests it’s possible Watson isn’t moved until the trade deadline or before the 2022 draft. Houston was hoping to get three first-round picks for Watson but are going to have to lower their asking price. The Panthers, Eagles, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers, and Broncos have “remained interested” in trading for Watson.

Pretty sure Watson is done for, thank God or whoever that we didn’t pull the trigger on that slug.

New thread is up.