Playoff Pandemonium

Yeah, the Niners are out of it, but for football fans, these next two weekends are quite simply the best. Four games that should be barnburners.

Saturday we have:

Houston Texans (9-7) vs. 5 – Kansas City Chiefs (11-5)
1:25 p.m., ESPN/ABC

Cincinnati Bengals (12-4) vs. 6 – Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6)
5:15 p.m., CBS

KC hasn’t won a playoff game since Bush 1 I think. It has been eons. Joe Montana was their QB. Houston is such a non-descript team, so I’m pulling for KC.  Go Alex!

KC 28 – Hou 17

The Bengals suffer yet another early playoff exit, unless the curse of Ginger is lifted since AJ McCarron is their QB. Who am I kidding? Cincy’s defense is solid, but Pittsburgh wins a defensive battle.

Pitt 17 – Cincy 12

Sunday is:

Minnesota Vikings (11-5) vs. 6 – Seattle Seahawgs (10-6)
10:05 a.m., NBC

Washington Redskins (9-7) vs. 5 – Green Bay packers (10-6)
1:40 p.m., FOX

Minn vs Seattle? Would love to see Minnesota pull off the upset, but it won’t happen. Even at home.  Seattle wins going away.

Seattle 24 – Minn 13

Skins/Packers? Green bay is floundering and Cousins is flying high, but for some reason I don’t think Wash pulls this off. Playoff jitters?

GB 35 – Wash 26

64 Responses to Playoff Pandemonium

1. ewisco says:

it used to be that i would get all worked up for this weekend. i remember when i was asked to manage a little league team and try-outs were this weekend, i thought “who the fuck is in charge of this? it’s one of the best weekends of the NFL and we’re stuck here watching a bunch of kids run around?”. but i have trouble getting too excited. getting old? or has the game changed? both? maybe i’m just worthless and weak (i’ll drop and give myself 20 later, much later).

• Winder says:

Priorities have changed for me also, but you are right about the game changing to me the product is nowhere near as good as it used to be the referees and the rule changes make it hard to sit through a whole game. I don’t give a shit about any of the games this weekend but I would like to see the Vikes pull it out against the seawads.

Look on the bright side, no Tomsula!

Now if we can coax Baalke out of town with a one way Grayhound bus ticket.

A new banner for the plane……..”Please Baalke leave town.” Or “leave the Yorks alone.”

Another banner…….”Chuck’s dog can do better.”

6. bringit49 says:

Ewisco, You my friend are 100% correct the game has changed but the sad part no one cares. It just goes to show how far gone we are as a society. Some can see the light others will post, get excited and accept anything no matter what. The problem is we become a civilization of zombies willing to embrace anything handed to us. The NFL Snatched the game from us but they don’t care they got a whole new broader audience that never new the real sport. Sure I understand this is all new to the juvenile fan that doesn’t know any better but an old fan really has no excuses for not noticing what’s taking place.

Walsh’s Niners could’ve put in all our back ups and wiped out any of these teams in the playoffs. The level of play has dropped dramatically and this new sport is weak and unwatchable. Hey thank God they have Fantasy Football to keep fans interested in the sport. Now go out and watch your kid’s play rather than wasting your day watching this crap.

Sure, you guys all talk but you’ll be watching.

KC making a run would be pretty funny. They were my favorite AFL team back in the day.

• ewisco says:

the games will be on because wife and sons like watching. so i’ll follow along somewhat. i’m one of the ASmith kool aid drinkers so i’ll probably pay attention to the KC game. It’s not that i won’t watch, it’s that i’ve lost my excitement for this weekend that kind of bums me out.

hey, you kids, get off my fucking lawn!

Chuck, I really don’t watch anymore. I am still very interested in the Niners but I can’t even sit through a whole game of theirs any longer. One reason for that is my Sunday’s are busy, and another is I gave up my direct tv about 3 years ago. Living in Hawaii you get the games that the stations think will be interesting and not much local influence. They do show all the PS games though.

That’s okay Winder being a “cross-blogger” you’re forgiven for not watch “whole” games.

10. Lurker John says:

Of course I’ll be watching, the NFL playoffs are always a worthy drama, regardless of your team’s current state of affairs. The intensity will be ratcheted up even higher, if that’s possible, and we’ll get to watch some top flight football. Good stuff. Where my concern lies is with Baalke even entertaining the idea of hiring that fat schmuck Kelly. It Baalke holds true to form, he’ll probably offer fatboy 5 years at $10 mil a year next week, all guaranteed. At that point, I’d just off myself.

Yeah, I don’t think Kelly is really an option. Hue Jackson is coming in on Sunday.

That’s the guy I’m hoping for. With jackson and Goff I think we could get somewhere in a couple years.

They were sucking in the playoffs long before Jackson got there. It’s more ginger’s bright light fright.

Hue did wonders with a shitty Raider team. He’s a good offessive guy,

who is actually doing the interviews?

Apparently it’s Baalke.

If I were a HC candidate, just hearing Baalke’s voice for over a few hours would give me the creeps…

17. Berger says:

The QB from North Dakota, who NJ49er first told us about, is playing today in the title game. Unfortunately I will miss the game. Since he is a potential 49er pick I wanted to give a heads up in case anybody wanted to watch him play.

Nj mentions everyone! Yeah I brought him up last week as well.

I’ll take a look at that game.

Game’s on right now. Espn2.

Baalke’s not gonna for a qb at #1, it’s not his style. How he is still here is unbelievable. Tomsula needed to go but he isn’t the problem, Baalke created it all.

If he doesn’t, he’s completely ignorant to the problems with this team. Especially if Goff is there for him. This team desperately needs to improve on offense. As bad/stupid as the defense looked at times, I think they are in decent enough shape at this point. The offense was as inept as I’ve ever seen it. And that includes the Scott Bull/singing QB days.

Regardless of Kappy’s situation, they need to start developing another QB.

This Wentz guy looks very good today.

• Winder says:

Totally agree. Even with a patchwork OL kappy should have done a lot better. It has been long enough. I wish they would make a WR out of him, he is a pretty tough customer.

Wonder if they bring in Rob Chudzinski for the HC spot. They were blocked last year.

• Winder says:

I don’t know but if nothing is done pretty soon all the good one’s will be taken and we will be right back to where we were last year.

You guys better quit day dreaming. College QB’s are a poor risk. Baalke knows this and will not draft one especially a high pick.

That would be cools. Unlikely but cool.

Shitty games so far.

Be nice to see Cincy win. Who’s McCarrons backup?

Cincy’s running the ball with 2:20 left down 2 scores.

Ooops. It’s 3rd quarter. How is that not a penalty? Helmet to helmet. That’s a spear. Jesus. The NFL is retarded. Hitting a WR with your shoulder is a penalty but hitting a running back with the crown of your helmet isn’t? The Pittsburgh WR took 3 steps and got hit. Penalty?

Listen to these guys justify it. This fucking game is getting ridiculous.

Shit, if I’m Cincy, I’m going after Rothleisberger.

Chuck I do the Draft homework so you all can save some time.
    I stack my own Board to see where it goes.

Aaand there goes big Ben.

I appreciate it, NJ. You do a lot of draft study. My son is getting into it. We watched som eof the ND St. game today. Wentz looked good today,

Here comes Cincy.

Started Draft research with my eldest Son over 30yrs ago Chuck.
    Addicting.
    But, it taught my kids the game along the way.
    I also like ND St LT Joe Haeg too.
    My theory, get the impact guy with Pick 1.
    This year that might be a Defensive player, ala Aldon.
    We’ll see…

This is getting good . . .

Ouch. Can’t fumble there after fighting so hard to get the lead.Big Ben is back

Jesus. Burfixt with a stupid play there.

And it’s getting worse.

Wow. What a stupid ending. The refs fucked this up.

Marvin Lewis is cursed.

Poor Constant Fear. Alex Smith must haunt his dreams.

So, Miami signed Adam Gase. Bad as our scene appears to be, you got to feel bad for anyone going to the Dolphins. 5 head coaches in 6 years now, and a revolving door at the GM spot. Jeff Ireland famously asked Dez Bryant if his mom was a whore. He was replaced with Dennis Hickey. He lasted all of one season, as Mike Tannenbaum was hired last January. He promptly turned an 8-8 team into a 6-10 disappointment.

Gase, who improved the Chicago offense from 21st to 23rd, will be the youngest HC in the game. Hey, there’s the Browns as well. Wonder is Hue Jackson wants to run from Cincy. What a clusterfuck loss. The penalty on Pacman was lame. The refs let that game get out of control.

it’s been that way with the refs all year. Personally i don’t think Gase is all that. we will see

I just can’t wait for Baalke’s pick. He’ll announce it in a presser with his squeaky horse voice with clueless Jed at his side giving his vacant stare as usual. Like changing HC’s is going to magically help the Niners WIN! Where’s the talent Trent?