Meanwhile, in the, uh . . . Go Warriors!!!

Apropos of nothing, just thought I’d interrupt the hurricane of doom following the 49ers to bring y’all the news that the Golden State Warriors are poised on breaking the record for most consecutive wins to start a season. They are tied with the Houston Rockets, among others, with 15 wins to start s season. Better yet, they can beat the record against their down-state rivals, the LA Lakers.

A better team to demolish on their way to a record I can’t imagine. Other than them, maybe Charles Barkley can come out of retirement to get a facial from Draymond Green. For the past 1.25 seasons all we hear is that a 3 point shooting team can’t win the championship. The Dubs lucked out because they didn’t play the Clips and Spurs.

Know what? Tough shit. If the Clips were so good, how did they lose to Houston after being up 3-2 with a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter, at home (gutless)? Same goes for San Antonio (old). If they were the team to beat, they would have made it through their preliminary rounds. Waah waah waah! Sir Charles can suck it as well.

What the national wonks, and most of the east coast media, fail to see is, for al the treys, splash brothers hype, and outside scoring this team does, this team scores a lot of points in the paint. All the dirty work that Bogut, Green, and Thompson (and now Curry) do on defense and on the glass. The offensive boards that the Black Falcon grabs. Let them all twitter and fume while this team keeps rolling and winning. After all, this is the best defensive team in the NBA.

Someone tell Sir Charles.

haha

33 Responses to Meanwhile, in the, uh . . . Go Warriors!!!

I’m surprised the Mayor of SF isn’t demanding the Niners quit using SF as its city in their name. SF demands winners! The Warriors are finally being invited back with open glee. Even the sourpuss Art Agnos the former Mayor can’t stop the Warriors move to “THE CITY.”

2. Lurker John says:

Referencing the previous thread and Niner wideouts, don’t forget we have DeAndre Smelter due back for the 2016 season. If I remember, he was pretty well regarded coming out of college, before he hurt his knee, and he’s big at 6′ 3″ 220 pounds and a good route runner. He could prove to be a force as a young WR.

The more I see of Patton, the less I like him. He’s prone to drops and seems to be out of position too often. He’s made some good plays on special teams but he’s on the team to catch footballs. And what the hell has happened to Bruce Ellington? He’s not getting much of a chance at WR.

3. Lurker John says:

Do we know it will be the San Francisco Warriors, or is it going to remain Golden State?

Golden State will become history. The kingdom of Golden State is skrinking dramatically over in that wretched piece of real estate called Oakland. The Raiders can’t wait to leave and all that is left is the pathetic A’s.

I’m sure they’ll go back to San Francisco.

5. Lurker John says:

I’m down with that. Harken back to the days of Wilt the Stilt and the other 60’s teams.

Where are they going to play? I only saw the one game at the Cow Palace during their “The City” time. Chuck, I know you saw them during the champ series years later.

I just remember #42. I didn’t get close to him at the Palace, it was ’72 when I patted him on the butt – hey I was 12!

7. Lurker John says:

They’re going to be building a new arena, on the Embarcadero in the same vicinity as AT&T, if I’m not mistaken.

8. Lurker John says:

Love Barkley’s t-shirt. Fucker’s going to have to update it in about 7 months.

The Black Falcon strikes again!! Love that shit.

30-11 after 1. Why’d the Lakers bother showing up? 11 pts.??????

Good to see Speights getting his groove back.

Our bench is better than their starters.

Kobe is 0-5.

This is very cool.

Chuck, off topic but I learned something new today. I just assumed head-to-head counted for draft position, like playoff seeding. It doesn’t. It shouldn’t affect us; Balt has a way weaker schedule than us anyway. The Cle and Det road games will make the draft position differences due to record only.

Maybe you knew that. I didn’t.

• rtfirefly says:

Cle, at 2-8 currently has a weaker schedule. A loss there would vault us ahead of them in position.

Ties are too complicated for me to figure out.

• rtfirefly says:

Tiebreak:
      1) Total of all 16 games opponents’ records. Worse record wins.
      2) Divisional games if teams are in same division. Worse record wins.
      3) Conference games if teams are in same conference. Worse record wins.
      4) Coin flip.

Piece of cake

Love that Willie was honored. I always thought he was the best ever. There were so many fantastic players in the 50’s and 60’s that people can make valid arguments but they don’t hold water to me. If I had to pick my own dream team both Mays and McCovey would be on it.

Best.Start.Ever.

Kobe 1-14 and 4 points! Beautiful!

34 point beat-down? Even better!

The Lakers and 49ers should get together and compare methods of franchise building. LOL

Meanwhile on the “other” blog, Bullit is being called a “lobotomized chimpanzee” by Sir Spit in another effort at harmony, peace and tranquility. They sure love each other!

Worst. Day. Ever. for Kobe.

His comments after the game:

“I’m just kind of frustrated with what we were doing,” Bryant said. “It bothered me so I got out of my Zen tonight.”

“I could have scored 80 tonight, it wouldn’t have made a damn difference….I could be out there averaging 35 a game and we’d be what, 3-11?”

Right. It’s all your teammates’ fault.

His time has sailed by.

• rtfirefly says:

I don’t see anything with letting the old lion play. The Lakers aren’t winning anything this year, and draft placement is far more important in the NBA than any other sport (unless you’re the Trailblazers, and you want Sam Bowie because you already have Clyde Drexler. Forget Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and John Stockton. You need Bowie!).

So roar, Kobe, even if you no longer have teeth and your roar is more of a squeak. The pride will always see you and hear you the way you were, mane flowing gloriously in the win. ROAR (squeak)! You’ll be driven out soon enough.

Kobe’s taking a spot from someone who deserves the playing time. He’s constantly throwing his teammates under the bus and whining abut their shitty play while he jacks up 30 and scores 17.

Sure, they’d suck either way but at least they’d see what they got with Nance Jr.

New thread is up……

24. G4S gir rabatt på alarm og abonnement om du er kunde hos
    Gjensidige Forsikring, og noe rabatt til medlemmer i norske boligbyggelag.