I’m Off the Grid for a Few Days

Play nice, or don’t play at all. Not a hell of a lot going on anyway, but I’m on the road the next few days. See ya on Sunday . . .

24 Responses to I’m Off the Grid for a Few Days

“On the Road Again…” Went to a Dude Ranch way back when I was still a sophomore at Salesian. Wasn’t the greatest vacation me and my family ever spent. It was somewhere out in Bum Fucked, Egypt. Spring Garden? Anywho, after about four days of heat, no air conditioning and shitty horseback riding (although my horse, “Wart” was the one who reared while I was riding because of the rattlesnake which was subsequently killed and eaten later that night [not bad, tasted like chicken] Moms had had enough and drove about 50 more mi. east to Reno. We booked a room at Harrah’s. After the debacle at the Greenhorn Ranch, Moms was ready for dinner and a show. Unfortunately, Willie Nelson was the headliner. There’s two types of music my family doesn’t like, Country & Western. But in desperate need for a good dinner and (hopefully) entertainment, we went and saw Willie Nelson. That goddamn “On the Road Again” song got ingrained into our collective heads. A bad vacation just became even worse. We longed for the Dude Ranch once again. And, yes, we were on the road again…

Grab a beer, meat!

No can do. It’s a “V-V” kinda weekend coming up on the horizon. “Vodka and Vicodin.”
        My Budweiser and Clydesdale partners will have to wait —Not that long.
        They’re always in my barn.

Nipper? Saddle up, my friend. I know you’ve ordered a 7 & 7 before in your life. But this is MY life. You’re not ordering that now.

Walt Disney has nothing on me. Fuck. I take that back. Walt beats me again. I had a GREAT one-liner from
        Looks like the record books slipped away for my presentation… “The mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste.”

• Take ‘er easy Dennis…

• philippinefan says:

Hey maybe I should take my advice too, ya think?

Burp! Safeway won’t sell me any liquor!

3. “I’ll Have Another” won’t be running in the Belmont after all, I just heard. Denny was right- horses not bred to run this much in 6-7 weeks since the Derby. Too much for them.

Nipper will have another. And another after that

β€œThe mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste.” True that.

I also find great sport in putting this motto into effect : “A Terrible mind IS a thing to waste”.

Foiling the chronic attempts of control freaks, spies, social manipulators, overlords of the universe, bullies, the brainless- this is great fun. And guaranteed full-time work and entertainment.

Please don’t imagine that over here we’re free of these. Many here and more arrogantly insistent that “My word is Law”. Baloney. Primitive baloney but baloney through and through.

A good coach leads by creating winners who willingly follow the program giving their all. How did the brainless, bullying control freak coaches work out for us in the recent past? Disaster.

“Waste the terrible minds!”

zzzzzzzzzzzz

sniff…..

Nipper, my dear friend from back on the Splash/49er Insider many moons ago (5 yrs?”) at the Chron blog…You’re still holding the shovel with the best of ’em.

Now go grab the garlic bread and the Budweiser.

I just thought of sumthin’. ..You’re Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.

“Well, here’s a another fine mess you’ve gotten me into.”

πŸ˜€

Splash sucks big time.

• I had no idea you two were old (drinking) buddies from way back. That ‘splains a lot. I wonder when you guys met the twinwad and his loyal sidekick “Party” Favor (bad, I know). That musta been a dark day, huh? I repeat “Waste the terrible minds!”

Me I met the skeebwad just about 2 years ago and was a devoted fan until he exposed himself as a dirty minded internet police type with his nose firmly up his visitors asses. Not for me! Butt some really like that huh? I guess…. filthy minded control freak cop. Waste the terrible minds!

Now about Berger- if he’s not some split off skeebwad internet personality (like NoFear certainly is)- that guy must suffer- It. Is. Ordained. Why? Simple: he’s too nice and normal. That Is Wrong! Wrong!! My plan is to join Del Mar’s Yahoo fantasy league and when I got the one chance to get him down in a game to call all my buddies to dog pile on this Berger and give him the business. You know there are gonna be big rewards in it for ya!

Yeah I knew you’d agree. Dontcha just love bounties? Yeah me too, okay deal…

Yup. You still posting over there, Nippy? I baaack BTW . . .

6. philippinefan says:

On The Road Again- that’s Chuck

Good article on Sando’s blag:

Three under-the-radar moves: 49ers:

-1. Signing Perrish Cox. The 49ers have been looking to upgrade their depth at cornerback

-2. Moving Boone to right guard. (Told ya Chuck)

-3. Positional shuffling. The 49ers will again be looking to keep some position players almost exclusively for special teams.

Bullit bourbon, Nip. It’s great what you can find at bevmo.

Phil, the reason I didn’t think they would go with Boone at RG is because of his size. Most RTs are in the 320-330 range. Boone (and the others) are in the 300-310 range.

Fast and small(ish) was the Walsh/McKittrick way. I’m very curious to see how this pans out.

New post . . . . . . .

Sheesh, talking about exotic bourbon, that ain’t fair, No BevMo round here. Beer and rum get kinda old. Good I dried out fer a couple days. I’ll fix that in a few days with a trip to the big city.