I’m Baaaaaaack . . . Bye-Bye Bye Week

Are the 49ers all of a sudden too lucky for their own good? Are they setting themselves up for a home loss vs an inferior opponent? The Niners get the week off, and add another 0.5 games to their division lead. Braylon Edwards is coming back from his knee injury and practiced today. Moran Norriss is apparently healthy and ready to lose his starting job to Bruce Miller. Tremaine Brock is back in practice, still in a cast, though. The team has had more time to gel and assimilate Jim Harbaugh’s vision of total NFL domination. And their next foe Cleveland, they of their 3-3 record, played what must have been a real barn-burner in Cleveland. A 6-3 shellacking of the Seahawks. So much for Charlie Whitehead being the new savior. NO Whitey indeed.

Speaking of DC, we had a great time. The talk around DC is that Gross Rexman is in full denial mode about his culpability in all the picks he’s thrown this year. He’s been railed in the local press, and he’s shaking it off like a coat of autumn leaves. Shanny however, thinks otherwise. Hence, the benching and the emergence of John Beck. Who, you ask? I have no idea, but we get to play him in 2 weeks. Hightower was lost for the season, and Santana Moss was lost for at least 4 weeks as well.

It is getting to be hard to be pessimistic about these next 2 games. 7-1 heading into the Giants game? Crazy. I don’t foresee any let-down this coming week. Harbaugh has these guys hungry and fully immersed in the ‘us-vs-them’ mentality. I’m double-damn sure he used Handshake-gate to full advantage. Creating the ‘us-vs-them’ strategy is straight from the Bill Walsh coaching handbook.

Depending on how this all plays out, the Niners could face a long coast to the playoffs. What needs to be stressed (and I have no doubt Harbaugh is doing just this) is to create the perception that they need home-field. They need the bye week. They need to establish themselves as Numero Uno. Or Numero Two-o depending on how GB shakes out. Of all the times the Niners have played GB (2x IN GB the last 2 years), THIS would have been a great time to go head-to-head with them. As it is, we may have to wait for the playoffs.

18 Responses to I’m Baaaaaaack . . . Bye-Bye Bye Week

Don’t everyone jump in all at once now . . .

Chuck, you need to go on vacation more often. Your fantasy team plays a helluva lot better when you’re far from it.

Fantasy football? Regardless of what Obomber does regarding our military I’m adopting a ‘Don’t ask don’t tell’ policy about my team. Barley Freaks has politely declined to laugh in my face after last weekend’s follies and I’m grateful for that. But you know what? I got TWICE as many wins as Chuck.

It may just be da coicumstance right now but if the 9ers win 5 or 6 times more games than my FF Crocs I’ll be one happy camper.

I think we grind down the Browns in the first half and following the usual script we extend our lead in the second half. 24-14 I think I predicted. I know twin will have the exact score I said earlier, hahar. Second half confusion and exhaustion for da Brownies coming up!

Seeing as this game is at home it could be more points for us. Including the TB blowout we are averaging 36 points per game at home. (on the road 20.7 points average per games). Got a hunch da Brrowns are gonna have a hard time scoring +24 in our house.

RJF has a beef with the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. And his apparent draft spot. . .

Wonder if he talked to Coach about this . . .

6. barleyfreak says:

I think our offense might struggle against the mighty Browns. But I think their offense will struggle more. We run for 180 yards and pass for 120. Akers kicks 4 field goals and we get one TD. The Browns get 3 field goals and only 7 first downs. Final 19-9.

27-7 is more like it. . .

Edwards will get some on Sunday.

• barleyfreak says:

My wish list (other than winning), is really not that big. Continued good play/improvement of the OL and AS. And total Defensive domination.

8. Kevin says:

So T.O. lets all NFL teams know he is show casing himself yesterday and to come on out. and how many team reps show up?? Not one! plenty of press but no NFL rep!! popular guy that T.O.!

I think Tennessee signs him. Or maybe the Rams.

No one went, but I’m sure a lot of GMs DVRed SportsCenter yesterday.

10. robd says: