Getting the Band Back Together

Both Jimmy G and Raheem Mostert have both made it through a couple practices this week so it looks like they are cleared to play. Just in time for a tune-up before the meaty part of our schedule hits. Rams, Pats, Hawks, Saints, Rams again, Bills. Small reprieve with the N-Skins, then the NFC West closers with the Cards and Hawks.

Which is why I thought we really needed that win last week. Oh well. Shit can’t be helped now. Big Dick Nick got flaccid in a hurry and couldn’t firm up for the win last week, so we have a tougher row to hoe now. And we seem to be a bit shitty on th eO line. Brunskill being the big culprit last week.

What irks me about our state of play is the fact that many many QBs, even slow white guys like Carson Wentz, can spring for 10-12 yards when in 3rd and long. Us? We usually trip and fall; trip, fall, and fumble; take an unnecessary sack; or throw a pick 6. Outr turnover ratio is +1. Not great, but a little better when you realize that Shrivel-Nick is responsible for ALL of them. THREE fumbles, THREE picks.

But let’s move ahead. This one SHOULD be an easy game. East coast team travelling west, another unvictorious team, yadda yadda yadda, but I said this same shit last week, and that sure didn’t work out.

In other injury news, thank God Dontae Johnson is injured and not likely to play with a pulled groin, Dre Greenlaw was limited in practice. An improvement from not being there, but Moseley and K’Won didn’t participate, and Ahkello was limited with his hammy.

Deebo Samuel is dealing with some kind of sickness and didn’t practice, but that’s all I know about that. We’ll see tomorrow.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

13 Responses to Getting the Band Back Together

Too bad we didn’t do this.

Fuck 2020. This is terrible news.

• Winder says:

Fuck, that is terrible news. Prayers out to Fred.
      i doubt either Jimmy or Raheem play this week, we got a shot without them for this one. We would have won last week but for mistakes. Getting sick on thursday is not a great time hopefully deebo will be ok. I think they put Big Nick right back out there and for his own sake I think that’s the right thing to do at this point. BWDIK

3. Grumpy Guy says:

I remember being surprised when I found out Dean and Freddie Solomon and some of the other 49ers of that era smoked like chimneys.

Fast forward 40 years and I would not be surprised if Dean has COPD at the least, and maybe beginnings of emphysema. Co-morbidities are not good with this shit. Hopefully he can pull through.

• Winder says:

I smoked for 32 years and a doctor told me that anyone who smokes 20/25 years has some sort of emphysema. Quit in 97 probably the best thing i ever did for myself.

Looks like Jimmy will start against the fish this week with both raheem and deebo questionable.

Yup. Smoked for 20 years, pretty steady at a pack a day. Quit in ’98. Camel filters, Marlboro reds. None of them light cigs for me. But at least I didn’t smoke Chesterfields. My mom smoked them filterless ones for 40 years. I’d steal ’em and tape filters onto them when I was 14. Dad smoked Lucky Strikes. Both died at 81.

Funny thing is, growing up, my 3 older sisters, and my older brother smoked, and the house, car, plane, bus, store, pretty much everywhere I went, except church maybe, was always full of smoke, so I guess I’ve been smoking since birth.

• Winder says:

My mom smoked unfiltered lucky strikes also she had quit for quite awhile but lived to 86. I loved chesterfields, pall malls, and camel unfiltered but i could only smoke em every once in a while cause you could feel the difference in your lungs. Mainly stuck to marlboro’s.

I’m glad Jimmy gets a warm up game before the Rams. Mostert and Deebo can get healthy.

Deebo is dealing with flu symptoms, but if he’s better by Sunday, he’ll play.

Prayers for Fred, I only smoked for a couple of years, camel filters were my choice cause everyone else smoke Marlboro Reds and when people asked to bum a smoke they would pass me up looking for Marlboro ha ha I was a stingy MF!

9. Meeeebo Shamauels says:

Why do I like banging grandma?

Please shut the fuck up.

Game day thread is up,

Super Bowl WIN or Bust . . . . . .

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s