Ahhhhhhh, Shit, Not the Injury Bug

Just got word Deebo Samuel broke his foot today practicing with teammates today, and is already undergoing surgery to fix it. The diagnosis is him being out 3-4 months, but ‘a source’ told ESPN that Samuel would be ready for opening day September 1.

We will see, but let’s hope this isn’t a trend. Trent Taylor had a similar injury last year and as we all know, he didn’t play a down. His first surgery didn’t take, and he got an infection after his second surgery, thus the lost season. FWIW, the usual recovery from this surgery is 6-8 weeks.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

21 Responses to Ahhhhhhh, Shit, Not the Injury Bug

1. Grumpy Guy says:

I think we have enough depth at WR at this point (Hurd, Bourne, Aiyuk, Taylor, James, etc.) to muddle through if he’s out a few weeks at the start. But we’ll really need him at full speed for week 8 and beyond when the division gets decided.

Please don’t let this shit start a trend…

Hurd is the guy I am very curious about. He stands to be a huge red zone target. Taylor had a decent rookie campaign cut short by injury.

• Jalen Hurd says:

You keep saying I’m going to post something funny then nothing happens? As prognosticators go, I am more off than my lame fascist politics.

From what I have read complications from this type of surgery are pretty common. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Wow, well, he was gonna be marginalized by Aiyuk anyway, so I’m not that concerned as he was down the depth chart anyway. He likely kept his spot on the team by getting hurt.

He’s always got his music career to fall back on.

Well I guess it was bound to happen an undisclosed 49er has tested positive in Tenn.

Yep. So far so bad this preseason. This couldn’t have happened BEFORE Samuel breaks his fucking foot.

That’s behind a pay wall

I can click on it on your site and get it all. It doesn’t work for u?

• Winder says:

I don’t think you would want me to copy it, it is really long and really doesn’t mean anything. But I will try if you want me to.

• Winder says:

Fuck, sorry about that. I just logged out and tried it and couldn’t get it. At least now I know and won’t try that again

10. Pay Wail says:

What this tells us is that you guys are idiots for being unable to post links

Super Bowl or Bust . . . . . .

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s