I Got Nuthin’

The draft is a couple months off, and the combine (woo hoo) is coming up. Showcasing a bunch of guys who we don’t have a shot at. We have one pick in the first 2 days, so that sucks the life out of the hoopla. Hard to fault their strategy of pushing all their chips in to get who they got, as they were 3:30 from 6-1.

Round 1, Pick 31
Round 5, Pick 139 (via Denver)
Round 5, Pick 159
Round 6, Pick 191
Round 7, Pick 195 (via Detroit)
Round 7, Pick 223

Here’s the schedule FWIW:

Thursday, April 23: 5 p.m. PT
Friday, April 24: 4 p.m. PT
Saturday, April 25: 9 a.m. PT

The fun is in Vegas this year, to commemorate the landing of the good ship Raiders I suppose. Jolly Roger and all that.

On all your favorite NFL wall to wall stations. ESPN is busily digging up Mel Kiper’s head out of the cryogenic chamber to mount on an animatronic body for his appearance this time of year.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

10 Responses to I Got Nuthin’

Yeah, i got nothin too. Right now I am trying to learn about some of our recent Giants. There is some actual potential there in my mind. Davis, Bart, Yas and a few others could actually be players. The main problem is our pitching. The Days of Timmy, Cain, and Bum are long gone. Saben used a lot of low picks on pitchers and let our position players lapse. I kind of wonder where the pitchers are now. For the past few years I didn’t pay to much attention to what the Giants were trying to do mostly because the way we played was so inconsistent and stagnant. Hopefully the new regime will bring a new spark.

Good song for this time of year. Glad to see people still doing this.

If the GIants get rid of Belt and Crawfish I’d be real excited. As it is, there are a lot of young players to be excited about Dubon and Jaylin Davis look to be making their mark in the league. And the minor leagues are actually pretty stacked. Bart, Ramos, Lucino, and Hunter Bishop all are highly rated prospects that will get some time in the bigs.

Flores is a good youngish guy, Duggar needs to stay on the field, and Yaz was a revelation. Cueto and Smargle are a couple of top pitchers. The rest? We’ll see. There is some hope that they’ll at least be competitive for a while.

• Winder says:

yeah, i think we have some real potential with some of the players you mentioned and a few others too. It’s our pitching that seems underwhelming to me. Smartza would be a # 4 pitcher on a decent staff and Cueto who knows how long until he’s injured again. Maybe Smiley can make a comeback i hope so. We got a few young arms that with a little run support just might do pretty well.

4. rob says:

Yeah , all I got was this lousy t-shirt !

5. You Are Nuthin’ says:

I play with myself because I have no one else.

6. Grumpy Guy says:

Another rash of Tom Brady unsubstantiated rumors floating by. What was Brady’s QB rating this past year?

88.

For the love of God why would anyone think this is a good idea? Five or ten years ago… but not Now.

Jesus. The word is trading Jimmy G for Brady.

Lynch cannot be serious.