The Trade Deadline Looms

Here we are at week 8 of the season, sitting at 2-4. The Bears game is *gulp* winnable. Right? I thought so about the Packers, Cards, Seahawks, and Colts, but that was based on us playing to our abilities. Not fucking up and stalling 3 out of every 4 drives. Thing is, we were in all those games. Till the end. But I digress.

Anyhow, the trade deadline is coming Tuesday November 2nd. First and foremost to me for trade bait would be Jimmy the G. The obvious partner for trades would be Kyle’s daddy’s team, the hapless Denver Broncos. You know, the team with the HOF QB who can’t find a viable quarterback with 100 draft picks and 50 free agent signings. Their history of epic fails at draft picks include Drew Lock, Braxton Lynch, Tim Tebow, Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler, and Jay (pick 6) Cutler. Since Peyton Manning was the game manager at large, they have also tried, Teddy Bridgewater, Joe Flacco, Jeff Driskell, Brandon Allen, and UDFA Brett Rypien.

A who’s who of mediocrity. Not that we are in much better shape, but at least we have Trey Lance. I’d say get what you can for Jimmy. A 2nd rounder? Story is, we turned down a trade with the Patriots for Jimmy for a 2nd rounder before draft day. His value may have dropped some, but I still think we can work ol’ Horseface for a deal. He’s desperate beyond reason just trying to find a warm body that is serviceable at this point.

Strange that Elway didn’t go for Fields OR Jones in the draft, but there you go. Buffoonery at its finest.

Any other trades you would like to see?

Frankly I’d like to see Kyle go before the year ends so we have a new OC to work with our new quarterback.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

21 Responses to The Trade Deadline Looms

And yes, Kinlaw is out the rest of the year. The supposed good news is his knee problems are fixed.

Jesus. Another lost season under Kyle Shanahan and the walking dead.

Signing day at 4949 Marie DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara

Lance cleared to play. Expect to see him midway through the 2nd quarter.

Cutler was pretty good his first couple of years. I never could stand Elway even when he was at Stanford. He was a hot dog and IIRC the best the team ever got with him was .500. Personally I don’t want to see Lance if Shanny is just gonna run him up the middle. Run Sudfield the rest of the year since it’s already a lost cause. I can’t blame Shanny for the Kinlaw, Solomon, Foster drafts but I can for the pettis, Serman, Beathard. Williams, and Hurd picks. I have had it with him.

4. NJ49ER says:

We blew our window to unload Jimmeh.
    The FO whiz kids wouldn’t accept the fact that they overpaid for a backup QB.
    Instead,they overpaid for the backups’ backup, by mortgaging our Draft future, to makie him a lame duck on top of it.
    Define insanity again…

Then, when TB wanted to finish his carerr with the team he grew up with, they were too stubborn (again), to admit their collective failures. It’s called arrogance.
    But, you cover the stench of mediocrity, and spread a quiet rumor, that you were interested in Stafford and ARod?
    We’re a rudderless ships boys.
    Jed is a gullible, passive puke, being led around by Paraag and his budget minded Daddy.

We should also pay attention to the fact that since LaFleur went to GB, we can’t get out of our own way Offensively.
    Seems to me Shanny ain’t got squat.

Your 2021 SB wannabe’s collecting a paycheck for high expectations.
    Again.

5. NJ49ER says:

Jimmehs Agent?
    ShannyWow –

You are on fire, NJ!!!

• alleykat69 says:

Watching that punt was amazing 98 yards holy shit that’s better then watching the 49ers offense!!

Another of the mystifying non use of the draft is using them on quality CB’s!! I do like both Lenoir,and Hungafa (DP) not as much with Ambry T? But how can they even not give them more game experience ( think Lenoir was inactive last game) there not going to be any worse and probably an improvement for sure over a washed up Norman, and Kirkpatrick who do a great job of fucking holding are not even jump (Kirkpatrick)to knock down a throw to Pittman for that 6!! Monsoon are not both teams had to deal with and the Colts had far less issues..

• NJ49ER says:

I’m starting to feel like I’m watching a 49ers infomercial Chuck.
      Jed wants to sell us the hype, while trying to ride on Eddie’s legacy.
      Jed is clueless.
      Eddie demanded more, that’s why we salute.
      I’m not raising a salute to a wannabe with no fukn balls.
      This shit is getting old.
      Penny pinching pretenders don’t succeed in the NFL.

• Winder says:

Funny but I never even hear or see anything about Jed. As far as I know he’s not claiming to be a football guy. I just think he’s getting some bad advice. I have grown to like him for his politics. He gives to a lot of people in the bay area.

• NJ49ER says:

Winder it’s not Jed directly, so much as it is the philosophy involved within the FO.
        Jed is the defacto ‘face of the franchise’.

We all know he takes his marching orders from Daddy, and Daddy has Paraag pinching the budget.
        It’s Nothing personal, it’s my whits end reaction of watching mediocrity, wrapped in hype,
        Our leadership doesn’t exist. Anywhere.
        Can’t accept the ‘Eddie’s legacy’ approach anymore.
        “Faithful” requires something more immediate than what Eddie did.

Jed needs to get out in front and push winning like Eddie did. Instead, he wants to live off Eddie’s resume.
        Time to pay people who have a FO resume within the NFL and know how to win.
        We go nowhere until we get a leader in front of the line.

• Winder says:

I totally agree that something needs to be done. I it has been mostly bad decisions that have affected the organization. I don’t think the 49ers are pinching pennies since we are maxed out with the cap. It really comes down to finding the gems and keeping them. Lynch has made as many mistakes with the draft as Shanny so I am not sure what can be done with that. I would keep Shanny out of the draft room and let Lynch sink or swim. But it’s player evals also we could have had some top notch players with the draft position we have had over the last few years. I know it’s a crap shoot and quite a few players never live up to their hype but the Niners seem to have more than their share.

• NJ49ER says:

Winder the pinching pennies aspect is related to non-Cap stuff like GM/Personnel evaluators/Scouting needs.
        Paraag handles player contracts pretty well for the most part but he’s also a quasi-GM something or other who stands between Lynch and Jed? Not sure why other than his close ties to Jed and York Sr.

What the glaring issue is revolves around the most expensive position, the QB that isn’t delivering.
        They paid Bradys’ backup like a proven starter to show face? We got the missing piece?
        Sure Jimmeh was an improvement but, they could have cut their losses after the SB loss.
        He wasn’t then, and isn’t now, ready for prime time.
        So they complicated the whole mess even further by throwing away Picks to nab Trey and turn Jimmeh into a lame duck.
        Out of the frying pan and into the fire IMO.

i wonder if we could get McClouhan(sp) to come back in some sort of capacity, hopefully his liver isn’t pickled.

8. barleyfreak says:

Good article about Shanahan by Brooks at Nfl.com. scroll down to the shanahan piece. Yeah, bloom is definitely off the rose.

• NJ49ER says:

Bfreak I wanted Pitts instead of Trey.
      If only they had a real QB i(nstead of Jimmeh) and, had adimtted their overreach with him after the SB, He’s a wuss.
      Think of Brady throwing to Pitts right now.
      I’m going to stick a fork in my eye now…..

Sheesh.

• NJ49ER says:

That article makes the same point I raised about LaFleur in GB.
        Starting to think Shanny can’t function without him?

God help us if Shanny’s ‘hand picked’ QB Trey doesn’t develop.
        He’s already ‘hand picked’ WRs and RBs that are nowhere in the league anymore.
        Hurd is working his way to the turd pile too.
        Aiyuk? another reach or, a guy Shanny can’t teach?

I’m afraid Shanny ain’t the QB whisperer everyone seems to think he is.
        Our leaderless, rudderless SS Mediocrty is taking on water.

New thread is up.