The Year That Will Never End

There’s 2020 hindsight, and there’s 2020. The year no one wants to remember. From the Super Bowl loss on, the year has gotten steadily worse. COVID. Sports being cancelled, life being cancelled. Lockdowns. Masks. Sports reappear as the Dodgers and Lakers with their respective championships. And the Niners enter the 7th circle of hell, AKA Metlife Stadium, on the dirty banks of the Hudson and thus starts the cavalcade of injuries.

This year is a complete loss as we won’t get any meaningful players back from IR this year. Jimmy G is more than likely out of here as well. We have fallen quickly back into the quarterback pool after a promising couple of seasons surrounded by injuries and Jimmy G’s ineffectiveness. We obviously know by now that Nick Mullens isn’t the answer, The Beater is the Beater, and all the roadkill available out there would be too costly.

Dak Prescott would be fun. Maybe he would take a one-year make-good deal. He would be intriguing as fuck playing under a system like Shanahan’s. Jimmy G was obviously not the dynamic passer that they thought they were getting, and he schemed his way to Jimmy’s effectiveness. Still and all, the only way to do anything is to draft a QB.

Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields are going top 3 so they are out. Trey Lance is a possible, and he very well may fall to us should the Redski, uh, No Skins somehow pass us in the standings. It could happen or it would cost us plenty to trade up. Sure the Team That Will Be Named Later is 2-5, but 1.5 out of the top spot in the East. They will hopefully make a run for it and win the division at 5-11 as we lose out.

Fuck, I don’t know. This year can’e end fast enough.

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Golden State Warriors fan

36 Responses to The Year That Will Never End

It’s gonna be real hard to forget 2020. I have found at my age all I really want is to not be bothered. Comfortably Numb is not all it’s cut out to be and I have found that I am way more political than I had thought. I still haven’t figured out what most Republicans want or their logic. I guess I never will. It sure isn’t democracy. Anyway the Niners are done so grab a big bowl of popcorn and watch the circus that is current America.

Here
      Here Winder
      The problem is simple.
      It’s about power.
      Money matters. People don’t.

I want my grandkids to respect one another.
      Peaceful people don’t protest unless they’re threatened in some way.
      Do unto others as you would have done to yourself.
      Treat people equally. Fairly. Respectfully.

Stop division.
      Help those in need.
      Imagine a world without poverty and maybe that world would be free of unrest.

Right. What is the appeal? Banana Republicanism? Il Dooshy posturing? Sucking up to tyrants? Trump calls himself a man of the people who is an openly racist lying asshole who has stood by while hundreds of thousands of Americans die, and wouldn’t bother to stop and piss on the folks that voted for him.

Q-Anon gained 2 seats in the House. We have become a nation of batshit crazy conspiracy theorists. We are too stupid to be governed effectively.

Meanwhile Trump golfs.

Nice to see us get our players back from the COVID protocol. Just in time to miss the Thursday game.

Oh well. Play scrubs the rest of the year.

Describe the truth…
      People who watch TV all day and golf are retired.
      The President of the United States devoted all of his time and effort to running the country and keeping it’s people safe.
      Now, describe the difference between reality and fake news.

4. alleykat69 says:

Another possible QB making a push is BYU QB Zach Wilson the 49ers have sent a scout to watch his play.
    His stock is rising, he’s only thrown 2 int compared to 21 TD passes with a very high completion pct..
    U know much about him Chuck?

Watch the ND OL tonight.
    ZBS that produced Q Nelson & Mike McGlinchey

No, AK, but I’ll take a look. Our last BYU QB wasn’t bad.

Good start here AK related to QBs on the horizon –

• alleykat69 says:

Thanks NJ49er, a great breakdown!
      I’m feeling pretty good about Zach Wilson he shows a lot of the intangibles in his overall game and a hung ho attitude!
      Trey Lance could be a intriguing pick as well, either one could be a good fit! I have no interest in Jones are Trask there not mobile enough to succeed at the next level imo..

I’d be happy to see what happens if JAX has a shot at a QB in April.
    Could we snatch Gardner Minshew from them?
    What becomes of Darnold in NJ?
    Some interesting things to consider.

At this point I don’t feel so bad about our loss to Miami. They truly got something going there. Another year or two and they are legit competitors.

Right. Miami has really come on this year with a legit pass rush and defense. Tava-whats his name looks pretty tough as well.

Not sold on Darnold at all. Minshew? I’d rather keep who we have and draft someone.

We’re likely to keep someone. It’s a matter of whether it’s going to include Jimmy.
        My thoughts are based on whether NYJ/JAX would look to unload someone on the cheap.
        Given the complexities of Shanny’s system, Darnold/Minshew etc wouldn’t step in an contribute anyway.
        I’d simply seek a youth/cost upgrade somewhere.
        The game seems to favor the RPO system more and more.
        Question is whether Shanny can survive in his pocket/roll approach.

Jimmy would appear to be more valuable to NE, if there’s a deal to be made.
        I still believe good teams find good QB fits outside the Top 10 anyway.
        Could it be Nick or CJ? Why not?
        Only way to know is to give them playing time.
        The Josh Johnson signing seems highly curious to me.
        He’s had a taste of the Shanny system already, and makes me wonder, why Nick and CJ aren’t ahead of him by now?

Or better yet, why wouldn’t they preclude another QB signing AFTER the trade deadline?

I’ll just assume Shanny likes to carry 3 healthy QBs for now. Even if one of them is 34 and likely to be REALLY rusty.

I think he’s been signed to the 49ers at least 3 or 4 times already. He’s just another body to throw out there.

Right. I guess Shaun Hill was busy. Hey we could get Gore AND Alex Smith back next season.

Flacco has thrown more deep balls this half than we have all season.

Watched the end of ND and Ohio, nice game but it also showed why America 🇺🇸 can’t control the virus. Thousands of fans in the stands and then after the game on the field. Sometimes I think America thinks it does not need to fallow the rules.

120,000 new cases today.

I have a news alert on my phone, Niners looking at Zach Wilson and Mac Jones.

• Irish Kevin says:

For the 2021 draft. Looks like they might not have much faith in the 3 they have. But Kyle drafted CJ, so not sure what he was thinking

The Beater was a 4th round pick. A flier if there ever was one.

• alleykat69 says:

A 4th rd flier for the Beater was way to high to blow a draft pick on. Shanny &Lynch and evaluators need to do a better job going forward with these valuable higher picks..

That draft was a shit-show for the most part. Solly, Foster, Joe Williams, Beater, etc. They did get Kittle, Jones, Spoon, and Taylor but the rest were awful.

• Winder says:

It did look good at first but fucking Foster just couldn’t get out of his own way. Solly was actually a pretty safe bet until he wasn’t. Kittle and Jones are keepers 5th and 6th rounders. Don’t know what happened to Taylor or Spoon but it looks like they won’t be around long. That was Lynch’s first draft and I think he learned something from that.

He had 10 picks and whiffed on 5, 3 are decent, and only Kittle and Jones were above average.

Bring on the Draft . . . . . . FUCK 2020!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s