Thursday Night . . .

This game is a must-see for us Niner fans. Seattle had had their luster dimmed a bit with many hits to their defense, while Russell Wilson continues to play behind a sketchy line and marginal weapons. The Rams? Well, their vaunted defense was just obliterated by the lowly Buccos to the tune of 55 points. Or maybe the Bucs aren’t as bad as everyone thought. They are after all, one missed FG from being 3-1.

So, the Rams and Hawks  get a short-week divisional demolition derby while we get 15 days off. I almost feel bad for them. Almost.  So, we need to take advantage of this. Win Monday night, and we will have 2 wins over the loser of this game. I’m thinking we’d want the Hawks to win, as the Rams appear to be the better team. Having 2 games in the pocket this early in the season would be nice. Either way, we stand to move on one of these guys if we can pull out the win Monday night.

I guess we’d just take an injury-filled penalty fest. Or is that a penalty-filled injury fest?

Lifelong SF 49ers, SF Giants, and Holden State Warriors fan

32 Responses to Thursday Night . . .

This week should tell us quite a few things about how we stand as a team. i sure hope it’s good. Both Seattle and the Ram’s play each other tough. i still think Wilson is a way better QB that Goff and that might just be the difference in their game.

Goff has a real bad tendency to throw of his back foot a lot.

Yeah, the Browns are a mystery at this point. They got stomped by the Titans, and the Rams bet them in a game closer than I thought, but beat the Ravens. And the Jets.

It comes down to stopping Chubb and forcing mistakes from Mayfield. Think we take this if we limit our own mistakes.

Bummed to see Jalen Hurd go on IR. He may come back.Jason (what, me play?) Verrett as well. Shocking. Looks like we got Jordan Matthews back.

5. alleykat69 says:

You can close the book on Verrett, he’s toast.
    Injured every year but once
    in his career,he has Jimmy Hospital Ward syndrome with no known cure!
    Bummer about Hurd, it always dicey with a bad back especially in football 🏈 maybe he comes back in week 12? are next season more likely.

Jesus, watching that Seahawk/Ram game put me in a bad mood since I hate em both and one had to win. i guess it was worth it seeing the Rams choke.

7. alleykat69 says:

Still fear the Rams more than Seattle, so getting a 2nd loss on them early bodes well.That road game to LA coming up will be huge! First take care of business against the Browns on MNF Baby!!!

Yeah, me too, but my son seems to think Seattle is better than them. Another squeaker, but Wilson certainly plays at a very high level most of the time. His ability to evade pressure is 2nd to none.

I’m glad we play the Rams first though. I think our pass rush can get to Goff. But yeah, got to focus on the Factory of Sadness and Monday Night.

9. alleykat69 says:

Your son might be right about Seattle, the Rams have more overall talent, but freakin Wilson is just a magician under pressure.That throw to Lockett was just insane for the TD by both players, rolling left a Ram in his face, and he drops a dime on a well covered Lockett who miraculously got both feet in,I doubt theirs only a couple QB’S(Mahomes&maybe Prescott?) That can make that throw..

I’m glad we play Seattle later in the year. Hopefully we will haveour full contingent of DBs and a solid pass rush to boot. The key with Wilson is keeping him in the pocket and not letting him get loose for those crazy throws on the run.

If it wasn’t for Wilson Seattle would be a .500 team or less. He’s a true gamer.

12. Berger says:

I have a very good friend who lives just outside of Detroit. He is a fan of U of Michigan. I first met him in Pop Warner football. He played MLB at Yale and still coaches high school football.

He was complaining that the Wolverines need to fire the offensive coordinator. I let him know that 49er fans said the same thing when Harbaugh coached our team. I told him about how he had 4 different coaches calling plays depending on the situation, which allowed no rhythm.

I personally was blaming Greg Roman when in time I found out it was actually Harbaugh who was the offensive dolt. It cracks me up to hear Michigan fans saying the same thing 49er fans were saying. Especially from my friend who has much experience playing and coaching as anybody.

Watch the Mich Iowa game today. Prime example. They might win, but not because of their offense.

Boring, predictable, stodgy.

14. alleykat69 says:

How do you call a 10-3 win a huge accomplishment?
    Guess Kaki pants Jimbo gets a reprieve from the alumni for a week, whatever they still stink..

We have lost the last 7 games when coming off a bye. Hope that stat changes for the better. If I was a real gambler i would take the Browns in this one at +41/2. Other than that we truly need to have a game where can prove just how good we are. It could happen.

I think we’ll be fine. Would love to see the Raiders smack the Bears today

Fucking Incognito. What an idiot.

Raiders a stone cold lock to win, force a 3 and out to start the 3rd quarter and then pitch the ball to the Bears at the 15 and gift them a TD. Still up 17-14, but they look to fold up like a cheap tent.

The Raiders totally shitting the bed.

This is what will kill the NFL. A clean hit on the QB results in a pick. But no, you can’t complete the play because the lineman can’t magically change his trajectory in mid-tackle. Roughing the passer.

I swear they should just make touching the QB illegal. What can a defender do in that situation? Fucking stupid.

21. alleykat69 says:

On cue as the announcer says you don’t want to take that 5 yard offside penalty to give the punter a less chance to down it deep, they do it anyway lol 😂

Hey, da rayduuuuhs come through. Winning ugly is better than losing pretty.

And Danny Snyder bags another one….
    Jay Gruden fired

24. alleykat69 says:

Dan the mighty Quinn will be next in Atlanta!

25. alleykat69 says:

Snyder is such a dipshit, instead of just firing Gruden after the game he made him come in this morning at 5AM to do it! Why couldn’t you just call him are atleast let him sleep in before you fired his ass?

Once a dickhead, always a dickhead.

Here we go . . . . . .

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s