Day 2 of wildcard mania

The former SD on the road is a tough nut to crack as much as I’d like to see it.

Balt wins going away, 20 – 17.

Chi over Philly 14-7.

13 Responses to Day 2 of wildcard mania

I want to see Lamar Jackson do great, but I don’t think so this week. I’ll be jazzed if it happens.

2. alleykat69 says:

Jackson has plenty of speed that’s for sure, not much of a passer, and is a fumbling machine!
    Inexperience will be his downfall, Chargers win 17-3..

3. alleykat69 says:

Baltimore loses going away!
    Harbaugh is a freakin idiot not going with Flacco in the 2nd half,anybody can see this game was to much for Jackson who’s playing like a deer in the headlights!!

Give credit to LAC DC Gus Bradley. He played Safeties in place of LBs to keep Lamar contained.
    Steal his 1st read, be ready for him to scoot.
    Flacco appeared to be placed in bubble wrap weeks ago, much like the ‘Skins did with RG III, to keep them protected from an injury situation against a FAT Contract?
    Either way, when you rely on your QB to be your RB, you don’t win too often in a Playoff scenario.
    Now comes the next level of Chess. #1 Seeds facing their first games in 2 weeks.
    I don’t think either KC, or NE, should feel overly confident right now, short of Winter weather influences on the visitors.
    Can’t see Rams or NOLA having too much trouble either.
    But….that’s why they play the games.

• rtfirefly says:

Flacco 4-5
      Jackson 6-1 with the one loss in OT at Kansas City

NJ, that’s what happened to Flacco.

Harbs put in an entirely new offense for Lamar. He could have put in Flacco mid-game, but it wouldn’t have been plug ‘n’ play and, given Flacco’s earlier results, no guarantee it would have gone better. Jackson’s the FQB and by staying in he got playoff experience (Harbaugh’s POV no doubt).

• rtfirefly says:

I forgot to mention: Jackson was the youngest QB ever to start an NFL post-season game. Even those late futile TDs could potentially be a big help down the line.

No doubt he got a taste of how it goes now RT. I think the bigger issue for Baltimore was a lack of a running game. No doubt a good reason why Lamar gave them some wins along the way.
        Not a good look when GM Ozzie hangs it up after the loss either.
        I think the Flacco Contract handcuffed them to some extent as well.

Glad to see Rivers move on. And the Nick Pholes Philly Phenomenon rolls on!

Jackson led a pretty good comeback there in the end. Flacco is toasted shit. Still can’t believe that fucker beat us in the Super Bowl. These are the best two weeks of football. I mean, if the Niners aren’t in them.

All that eats at me about the SB loss Chuck was Harbaugh’s timeout and, that Frank didn’t get the ball inside the 5.
      Kaep to Crabtree in big spots did us in way too many times.
      Play calling was horrendous when it mattered most.

Good piece on Clelin Ferrel on the eve of the NTP Game at Levi’s.
    This kid is on my radar and is legit if he declares for the Draft –

New thread is up.