All Quiet on the Western Front

And the summer drags on. Still not much happening on the Niners front. Still no resolution to the holdouts for VD and the Rhino. VD has been seen hanging out with Jimmy Graham. You know the TE/WR who’s in the middle of his own fight trying to be classifiec as a WR, even though he himself calls himself a TE. He however has his own statistical analysis of the situation, having lined up 67% of the time at WR, and only 33% at TE.

VD of course wants WR money himself, not TE money. Graham would net another $5 mill ($12 mill total) with the franchise designation as a WR. It’s only $7 mill. I’m sure VD will go the ‘well-I-should-get-it-too’ route that Crabs tried in his mis-slotted draft of 2008. VD however has no such stats to back up his claim, having lined up 65% at TE, and only 10% as a WR. The other 25% was in the slot.

The other problem for VD is Grahan smokes him where it comes to catches, yards, TDs and the like. You can look up the stats, but is it VD’s fault he plays in a run-oriented offense? No, but then again, he’s been awful quiet in the playoffs.

The moral of the story? Come to camp, honor your deal, and earn your next raise. Or listen to this clown:

I’m sure he has the 49ers best interests at heart.

About these ads

68 Responses to All Quiet on the Western Front

Look on the bright side…….no one has been arrested as of today. BLEEP!

A little off topic but so what. I just drafted my first FF of the year, it was a Grateful Dead league at CBS sports. Anyway, They have rated the top 5 defenses as:
    1. Seattle
    2. Arizona
    3. 49ers
    4. Pathers
    5. Rams
    Now I know these ratings come from quite a few talking heads but still, is our considered a little tough maybe?

Rams at 5 seems a stretch, but certainly the others are right there.

• Winder says:

Yeah, I guess they figure the Rams have lots of speed on their defense and that they will pull it together this year.

NFC West = NFC Best Boys.

No pansies need apply.

2 things will decide our Division IMO.

QB play and depth.

The needle points to SF.

We need to survive the early phase of the season, specifically the anticipated abscences of Aldon and NaVorro.

The games with Dallas and Philly could be important for NFC seeding later in the year too.

As stated earlier, I’m looking forward to the Philly matchup in week 4.
    Should be a very important game for both of us.

As for Vernon?
    I see no connection between he and Graham.
    Graham doesn’t block, Vernon doesn’t put up WR numbers.

I’ve stated my case for Vernon to accept the terms he’s working under, which aren’t bad by any stretch.

He’s being paid very well for his efforts.
    Should he decide it’s not enough, deal him to the highest bidder.

Others need to share the wealth on a dwindling Cap budget.
    1 guy isn’t bigger than the team IMO.

• Winder says:

NJ – It really doesn’t make much sense to me, I think he’s getting some pretty bad advice.

I agree Winder.
        He’s obviously being led by his Agent I’d guess.

This was the same nonsense Mevis was known for in NY.
        How much is enough?
        SF took very good care of him under his current deal.

A guy like Boone has room to gripe IMO.
        Sure, he’s under contract too but, he’s proven his worth and, likely deserves to be taken to another level financially.
        In his case, he’s being represented by the same contingent that Mevis was counseled under.

Fact remains for both guys, you’re under Contract.
        The team dictates the terms of whether you get the deal redone.
        All they’re doing is playing a game of chicken, while diminishing the depth of the team in the process.

Again, IMO, neither guy is bigger than the team.
        We’ll see where it ends up soon enough.

Given Vernon’s love of the spotlight, I’d say the attention he’s getting from the press and the times he’s in the headlines make it well worth the $200K it’s cost him. He’s making his case and getting everybody to say he’s a top three TE and a matchup nightmare for defenses.

He’ll probably end up with an endorsement deal or two that more than make up for the workout bonus he gave up and he gets the media attention he wants, all without a new contract. And if he has a good year he’ll get re-upped for more anyway.

Hey NoFear49er –
      I think it all hinges on whether he shows for TC.
      They could shift some money around to the team’s benefit certainly.
      However, he’s already doing very well for himself, and his age becomes a major concern.

Even though I’m more sympathetic to Boones’ situation, he’s being represented by the Mevis contingent, well versed with strong arm tactics is an understatement with these guys.

Both guys are dealing with 2 remaining years, which doesn’t afford either guy much, if any, leverage.

With concerns for Cap space allocations for guys like Iupati, Crabtree and Aldon, the only reason to make a play with Vernon and Boone is to spread the Cap window a little wider IMO.

They’ll recoup $$$ from Franks’ contract next year too.

I think Vernon becomes a very real candidate for a trade, if he isn’t willing to take a team first approach to his contract demands.

7. If VD decides to skip TC then you trade his ass as soon as convenient.

Him being a distraction about his contract all season isn’t worth the trouble and turmoil.

Better to move on and figure out how to move ahead without him early rather than late. .

I don’t think VD or Boone will be distractions. The team is too dynamic during practice and training camp and there’s too much competition behind VD and Boone – and Harbaugh and Baalke are smart with the media. I believe the 49ers will just sit on Vernon and Boone’s contracts the way they are, without trying very hard to trade them unless someone comes calling – big time. But I doubt Baalke works hard to trade either Boone or Vernon for fear of the dreaded “distraction.” The more both players talk in the media, the more it hurts “their brands.” Boone won’t talk much. Vernon will try to put himself above the team during training camp, but it will backfire on him….. with a backlash from the fan base.

9. Boone, yes. VD? Not so much. Well, they can give all his slot routes to Boldin and not suffer too much. But VD spent the bulk of his time on the middle of the field catching passes. If anything, losing him will force Kappy to search for other options. Something he should be doing anyway.

VD missing camp doies 2 things. It puts him behind the rest of the team in synching up the offense. And it creates a division, no matter how incidental, among the players. I’m sure some of the players are pretty disappointed about ‘the brand’ that he keeps spouting.

Depending on how long he holds out, the more his holdout affects the team. Continuity wise, and form a locker room standpoint. Yeah, it ainl;t like he’s the QB, but he’s a vet with a lot of pull in the locker room. Acting like a prima donna will harken back the click-clack days for some.

If he misses the entire camp, I’d bench his ass for the first 4 weeks. Or suspend him for conduct detrimental. What would his stockholders say then?

10. Hey,it’s ALL on VD for creating this problem. If I’m the FO, I adsjust Boone’s contract and leave VD hanging.

11. WOw. 98 years old.

Quite the run.

12. Aldon Smith ‘unlilkely’ to face jail time.

1-2 game suspension likely if he stays out of the limelight.

Things continue to get better for Aldon Smith and I’ll go on record as saying I’m rooting for the kid. He’s young, though, so any little slip-up could be huge for him. It’s hard to be boring when you’re in your twenties. My question is how will sobriety and therapy affect his game? The tormented dog in the cage poked by sticks and whipped when taken out of the cage plays well on Sunday – sometimes downright dominant like we saw against Pittsburgh. But if Aldon’s working on his shakra points on top of Mt Zion with Bob Marley, he might suck next year. Look at Ricky Williams. Ricky retired from the Saints and went full hippy. He was never the same player after.

I also disagree with this report (because it’s the Bleacher Report and they’re idiots) that Aldon might only miss one or two games. I think there’s a precedent there for Aldon to be suspended for a lot more: 2 DUIs, a weapons charge and a disturbance in the airport (even if it turned out to be bogus, it’s a headline). I could see Aldon being suspended for 4 games, maybe 6. But like I wrote earlier…. Aldon being suspended doesn’t help him. It only hurts him. And Cory Lemonier could be just as good as Aldon. If the 49ers are making the case to the NFL that Aldon is in therapy and suspension only hurts him, a one or two game suspension is foreseeable.

Vernon Davis 2014 Playoffs stats: In 3 games (GB, Carolina and Seattle) Vernon caught 5 passes for 54 yards. Albeit, 2 were touchdowns, but one could argue that was because he was the target on those two plays. If he’s not around, those two balls obviously go else where, but 5 catches for 54 yards in 3 games is almost certainly replaceable. Move Boldin to TE if McDonald doesn’t take a huge step forward in the pre season. Patton and Ellington make going four wide with Crabtree and Johnson easy. Make Boldin your Delanie Walker. Look at the embarrassment of offensive riches: Patton, Ellington, Hyde, Hunter, Crabtree, Johnson, McDonald and Boldin? And I didn’t even mention Gore, LMJ, Baldwin (who probably won’t make the team) or Celek. Vernon won’t get a penny because of all this. At the risk of really alienating Vernon, I’d make a public statement that Vernon won’t get paid a penny more than the contract he signed. I wouldn’t even try to trade him. I’d channel my inner Al Davis (the little voice in my head who’s slowly returning to my life is telling me this is the wrong move) and let Vernon rot at home watching games without even at attempt to trade him. On the one hand, doing this would really send a message to rest of the team. On the other hand, you want your team to see that you’re as fair as you can be to the players and don’t just look at them as pieces of meat.

Alex Boone is also screwed. LEVERAGE! Boone has none. Maybe…. MAYBE Looney, Kilgore and Martin will all go out drinking in Mexico next week, get in a bar fight and find themselves in a Mexican prison they can’t get out of for 6 months. But unless that happens, Boone’s screwed. It’s nobody’s fault but Boone’s that he jumped on cars in a drunken rage his senior year at Ohio State. Yes, alcoholism is a disease, but the 49ers took a real chance on Boone and gave him a roster spot. And now, because the 49ers have Martin, Looney and Kilgore, and because managing the salary cap is everything, Boone only has his drunken Senior year to look back on and realize just how costly that year was for him. He’ll get no satisfaction from the 49ers.

If I’m Harbaalke, I’m movin’ on without Boone and Davis. The train is leaving the station.

14. So you’re saying it could be 1 to ‘a lot more’ games. Way to stick your, uh, neck out, skippy. Seeing as I said this 2 months ago, yeah, I parroted their shit in the future. And then you copy everything EYE say. Clever.

The fact that they bundled all the charges into one pile means leniency. He did time served on the DUIs. Plus, he bought the guns legally in AZ. Those get moved to misdemeanors. The bomb deal will get thrown out and not even be an issue. Ergo 2-3 games.

Any time you are in a situation, and it comes to pass that you get compared to Al Davis, the idea is to run away from that idea. For all he did for the league in the early days of the AFL, he was more known for being a megalomaniac.

The FO pulling a Marcus Allen would be very bad form and send the wrong message to the rest of the team.

15. Besides, the fucking Santa Clara Sherriff’s department invited him to come shoot some of their weapons at a fund raiser AFTER he was charged. Not a very good look for them.

Circumstances change. In my view, Aldon has done a lot of the right things with his legal stuff over the last six months. The airport incident was unfortunate, to say the least. I still think he’s in line for a 4-6 game suspension, however, if he keeps changing the circumstances with good decision making, there’s no reason Goodell wouldn’t lower the penalty.

I know channeling Al is never a good idea, but Vernon Davis is an idiot. Always has been… always will be. After years of hating that guy, I was just starting to come around to his style of idiocy when BOOM! he holds out, once again pulling his “me first,” bullshit. I’d go full nuclear Al Davis on him….. making an emotional decision to blackball him purely out of spite. That guy needs to be punched in the god damn throat by Dennis.

17. Right. This month Aldon needs to lay low and not even get a parking ticket. If he can do that, I think it’s 3 at the most. Do a couple good deeds, hey, maybe 2.

Yeah, I’m completely down with leaving VD behind. Fuck him.

What’s funny is the Niners FO floats shit out of the building to get a sense of public perception.

With Aldon, the original word from the front office was, the Niners ‘likely’ wouldn’t take Aldon’s 5th year. They had a month to decide. Well, word from the bloggoverse was, support the kid! He’s the best pass rusher in the league. Plus you can act like you really care and give him his 5th season under YOUR control. A win-win. If he fucks up? Well, they say, we tried to help him, but yadda yadda yadda.

VD? He’s getting thrown to the wolves by most Niner fans. With a venegance. Mainly becuase of what we all have seen over the years. Click clack, 15′ selfies, selling stock in himself, his ‘brand,’ on and on. So, when they now say they don’t negotiate with terrorists (or holdouts), then they are safe in the knowledge that the fans are down with that course of action.

spit- I understand your thoughts about VD and for what he’s doing is just crazy to me. It’s not a contract year. But, I would trade his sorry ass as soon as possible and get as much as we can for him. He won’t be worth squat later on if he continues this shit. Boone on the other hand kinda reminds me of Newberry, he plays with attitude and I think he’s a good fit for the team. I know his leverage is diddly but if I were the front office I would take a look. Unless there’s something else going on we don’t know.

Exxactly, Winder. Boone IS underpaid for the job he has done. Rework his deal.

VD? Uh, no. I’ve been on the ‘trade him’ wagon since this first came out.

No, no, no…… Boone IS underpaid, DON’T rework his deal. The game in the NFL is underpaying players so you can have more stars on the team. This is why Kaep’s deal was so awesome. Instead of fighting against the team, Kaep saw that he could make more money outside the lines with rings on his fingers. Look at Wilson. But Boone’s not someone you re-work. He’s a value because we took a chance on him. Why did we take that chance? We took it for the potential value!!! Now that he’s a value, you don’t give him more money just because he wants it. Who cares if he’s likable? It’s cut throat. Like Good Fellas? “Fuck you, pay me.” Boone can cry all he wants but the reality is that there are three other guys on the roster who can do his job who are all under rookie contracts. Why on earth would you pay Boone more?

And Vernon Davis? Let me emphasize this again…. in the 2013 playoffs, Vernon Davis caught 5 balls for 54 yards. That’s replaceable. if Vernon was on the Patriots, he’d be praying they didn’t trade him because he’s declining. But for some reason here, in SF, Vernon thinks he’s still top dog. Wrong.

• Winder says:

I don’t like Boone because he’s likable, I like him because of his attitude. And, I’m not so sure that those three linemen your talking about could play at his level.We’ll just have to wait and see how all this unfolds.

You pay him more because continuity on the O line is important. I said a month ago that Boldin can take VDs slot routes, and they can figure out a way to go forward without VD. Boone isn’t asking for a shitload of money like VD is. Therefore you rework his deal.

Continuity? My ass. That’s Solari’s job, and he’s good at it. The only good point brought forward regarding signing Boone to a richer deal is that Martin, Looney and Kilgore might stink. But I’m almost certain Martin can start right now…. just from the tape I’ve watched on him. Kid can play. But he might be our center. If we were to put Kilgore or Looney at RG, things might get funky with two relatively inexperienced O linemen but again…. I point to Solari. That’s his job to get whomever tuned -up wherever along the O line. Solari’s good. Put pressure on him.

No, Spitty. If it was that easy teams wouldn’t worry about shit like that. They do.

Martin? You’ve gone 180º on him for no particular reason other than you’ve changed your tune around something else and his being good fits your new narrative.

So you really want to put Boldin, an aging and very valuable WR in the TE position to face DE/LB every snap in this run heavy O? Not sure about that one.

As for Lemonier being as good as Aldon, based on what? Aldon is in the record books and gets a statistical sack per game +-, that’s unheard of.

As for VD, he has become ME D, but make no bones about it, he has been a very significant portion of this O and so far we have seen nobody else close to his ability on the team. A premier blocking TE that has his speed and gets as many TD as he does in this run heavy O? Trade him as a last resort. I don’t think they should pay him more, he gets his fair share but i also don’t think he holds out into the season either. Let him sweat.

• Spitblood says:

12th,
      In a pinch I’d slide Boldin down to TE. Boldin’s 220, Vernon’s 250. You’re right – over the course of the year, Boldin might wear down but you’d have to protect him in various ways. I agree, it’s not ideal. But I wouldn’t pay Vernon a nickle more than he’s already making. In fact, I’d make a public announcement the 49ers were reducing his contract purely out of spite. “In an unprecedented move today the 49ers reduced Vernon Davis’ contract 3 million a year for being a doucheknuckle. He hasn’t agreed to terms, but the NFL has a little-known clause that reads ‘doucheknuckles can’t object’.”

Lemonier as good as Aldod – based on what? Nothing. Just my extra-ordinary eye. As a total package, the 49ers could get more out of Lemonier. Case in point – last year Aldon Smith had 8.5 sacks. If Lemonier had started the entire season, he would have gotten more sacks (provided he stayed healthy). And nobody knows who Aldon will be once he comes out of the fog. Ricky Williams wasn’t half the player he was at the beginning of his career after his transformation. Aldon came out of the gates on fire, and Lemonier didn’t but when both hit the five year points in their careers they couldn’t be comparable players – especially if you factor in distractions.

I don’t think VD is as much of a factor any longer. Sure, he’s a player. But players get replaced. This year is all about how creative Greg Roman can be in the passing game. I see 3 and 4 receiver sets with Hyde or Hunter in the backfield and Kaep spreadin’ ‘em out. I also see the 49ers using a lot of Patton and Ellington. But I’ve been wrong before….

It’s ‘douchenozzle,’ skippy.

• Spitblood says:

Oh, I see…. you have the corner on the douche market. Figures…..

On VD I have a feeling his insecurity is based on age and the fact that the Niners have a lot more options than him and Crabs. Crabs and VD has had quite a ring to it for 3 years but that looks to be ending for both of them, now they have real competition for the ball. I figure VD is pressing his case before this years stats start to look like decline even if it is only less opportunity.

Other than you GI Joe eagle eye I haven’t seen much from Lemonier to date. We will see what the second year brings and hope you are right because another Aldon Smith on the line would be an impossible task for opposing O lines.

Boone is more than an adequate RG, he is a good one, but he is also a very good LT. He subbed the position several times for Staley and played very well. His size is more suited for Tackle also. I would add money to his contract and extend him, he has good value now and more so in the future IMO, someone to have solid continuity around. Yes the Niners took a gamble on him but that has paid off well for them and he is deserving of a better contract. What I don’t know is if he is trying for a “break the bank” RG contract which would cast a different light on it for me.

Slot, 12th. Slot. Plenty of WRs line up in the slot. Hence the term Slot WR. Get it?

Did I say line Boldin up every snap as a run blocking TE? No. We HAVE a blocking TE in Celek already. VD lines up about 35% of the time as a slot WR or edge WR. Besides, we can use Asante Cleveland in the red zone. He’s 6’4″. He can catch the occasional drag route in the red zone.

Yes, VD’s a great TE. But the decision his HIS to make at this point. The 49ers aren;’t going to cave in on this, so, he has very few options at this point. Come to camp and honor his contract, or hold out. If he holds out, he can watch the team move on without him as they build their offense. Which means he risks being benched for a portionof the season. Or he can simply sit on the sidelines the entire year. If that is the case. I trade his ass immediately.

What will he do? I have no fucking idea, but if he’s concerned about his ‘brand’ he’d better not decide to skip the season. I’m sure his stock would plummet if he’s not playing. What if he goes bankrupt?

What is so funny about this is he saw up close and personal how the front office deals with this type of thing in the way they dealt with Shawntae Spencer, Carlos Rogers, and Dashon Goldson. You can even throw in the Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick deals as well. They held to what THEY thought was fair, and didn’t deviate one iota. It’s no different with VD. This is his mess to deal with. THe Niners won;t say anything at this point. except that they are ‘disappointed’ with him.

Well, VD’s hinting that he might show up to camp on July 23rd without a deal in place. He did an interview in Atlanta while he was doing some self-promotion with his agent.

VD says “at least I tried and I put my foot down” regarding his holdout. “It’s not the end of the world if I don’t get it,” he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “If I get it, that’s good. It’s moving slowly, but surely. At the end of the day, if I don’t get the deal, at least I tried and I put my foot down. If I don’t get it at the moment, I’m not going to lose any sleep.”

Instead of attending the 49ers’ offseason OTAs that wrapped up last week, Davis has been on a cross-country tour related to his off-field business interests.

Thursday he was in Atlanta for a camp hosted by his agent Todd France of 5 Star Athlete Management. Davis’ contract runs through 2015, and he’s set to make base salaries of $4.7 million and $4.35 million. With incentives however, those numbers go up to around $7.3 million.

Vets must report to training camp July 23rd.

Funny as hell that some think we just kick our elite TE to the curb and stuff in any other player without effect because he makes some noise about his money, like most of the elite guys in this group of super-athletes do from time to time. If you were a freak in a group of freaks you’d probably crow a little, too.

The whole point to VD lining up in the slot or anywhere else is the match up problem he creates for the defense. Boldin or any other WR is not near the same problem for the defense. We use TEs in our offense for the options it affords us. If we had another VD and a QB who could see them we’d have the passing offense everybody’s crying for.

Some guys get kudos for getting theirs and others get hated on for mentioning it. Kaepernick kisses his own biceps for the cameras, but that’s nothing like look-at-me Davis to some hypocrites.

Spitblood always wants to play the rookies in every case.

Agree about Vernon, replacing him is far from easy. I thought we wanted another run at a SB? Much less chance of that without VD IMO. Let him dangle, he has no leverage except a holdout and that hurts him at his age.

• NoFear49er says:

There’s no doubt we’re better off with Davis than without. We don’t have to give him any more money now but we don’t have to treat him like a criminal trying to rob us either. Like the coach said, the trick is knowing whether it’s a pat on the back or a kick in the ass that’s needed. FO/HC egos have brought more than a few teams to their knees.

OK, end zone celebration = click-clack, countless stupid unsportsmanlike penalties for celebrating 8 yard catches, getting thrown out of a game by your OWN head coach for yet another stupid penalty, getting called out by your head coach as a me-first player (can’t win with ‘em), and now holding out on a contract with 2 years left on it, and the whole ‘branding’ deal.

Of course, to you, it’s all the same. Got it, zippy.

Who’s the one that signed a team friendly deal? You were the one pissing all over himself for Colin wanting to break the bank. Before the fact. Now that it doesn’t fit the narrative, Colin’s a me-first player because he does what every NFL player short of Frank Gore does? Riiiiight.

What if VD decides to skip training camp? My point entirely. Of course we don’t have to give him more money. HE wants more money in the middle of his deal. Why? Because he signed a front loaded deal, and now he’s perturbed that his deal is only in the top 3. Boo hoo. At what point to you say adios, muchacho? At what point (much like the Singletary situation when he tossed him) do you say enough’s enough?

If he comes to camp and shuts his trap about it, great. The team will address this after the season. But if he bitches and moans in camp about his deal, or he decides to sit out, then fuck him. Have a nice time in Jacksonville.

We who, NoFear? The fans? As you must know the fans are a fickle as, well, something else fickle. The analogy generator is on the fritz.

Yes, we’re better with The Disease. But where does the FO draw the line? OTAs are one thing, but holding out of training camp would be a big deal. And they WOULD move on without him if that’s how VD plays it. Either by trade or him merely sitting out the season.

If I’m Jed, I’m pretty pissed. He got $25 mill out of college and he spent 3 years screwing around clicking and clacking amid dropped passes and shitloads of stupid-ass penalties. He then signs the richest TE deal in the NFL (a $37 mill extension no less) in 2010 based on a good year and the hope of more. He’s made $40 mill and still ranks in the top 3 TEs salary-wise. Regardless of what happens with Jimmy Graham Cracker.

If I was Jed, I’d be hard-pressed not to tell VD to shut the fuck up and get on the field. But that’s me.

Oh, go woof yourself, Nippy.

Vernon Davis is the biggest fuckin’ idiot ever. In the history of mankind, he’s the biggest idiot. Tell me who’s dumber? The Darwin Awards? Those guys who make history each year for doing stupid things like the guy who tied a folding chair to two hundred helium balloons, went ten thousand miles up and brought a BB gun with him to shoot the balloons so he could return to earth? ….. Vernon’s dumber.

CSN Bay Area is reporting that Vernon is now saying, “If I don’t get what I want, at least I tried….” and “it’s not the end of the world.” But I’ll tell you what it is the end of, Vernon… It’s the end of all the goodwill you established for your name as a player in the Bay Area. And sure, most fans aren’t as hardcore as this merry band of retards here at Niners Forever, but even the casual fan will have a bad taste in his mouth after this recent completely moronic, ill-advised holdout on the heels of an historically unselfish Colin Kaepernick deal.

If I was coach Harbaugh, when Vernon returned I’d make him carry the water bucket for a month. When he was done and apologized, I’d cut him.

12th to your earlier point about Boone at LT.
    He was the LT for Beanie Wells at Ohio St, and yes, I agree he’s capable.
    Anthony Davis was also a LT at Rutgers while Ray Rice was there.
    Point being, keeping Boone at a manageable Contract would be smart business.

I say goodbye to Snyder this year, assuming we get something from someone else to make that happen.

Baalke has stocked the roster pretty well in the past several Drafts.
    Injuries happen all the time. Have to have the depth ready to step in.

I’m all for rewarding Boone, so long as he doesn’t become a distraction.
    Major detriment for me, he’s retaining the Mevis Agency.

Spit I loved the Marcus Martin Pick too.
    He could become a factor but, it’s a tough order to get a rookie into the Center position.
    Especially if they don’t protect him on either side.
    No doubt, Marcus has huge potential.

We’ll see where he takes his game over the Summer.
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jonathan Martin replace Snyder either.
    I think he’s better suited to play OG but, he’s well versed in the Harbaugh/Roman scheme already.

We have to plan ahead for the possible departure of Iupati next year too.

I think Jonathan and Looney have the best shot at replacing Snyder, but, Marcus could learn well, if he could play alongside Kilgore this year too.

Brandon Thomas was a future Pick.
    He’s at least 2 years away as he’ll be red-shirted this year.

Oink! Some pig gave its all for my breakfast. And the hen helped too!

Woof! Dont; eat the dog, Nipper.

New thread is up.