The Times, They Are A-Changin’

Say what you will, but my one-man one-blog diatribe to upgrade the offense appears to be working. There are grumblings out of 4949 Centennial Blvd that the powers-that-be are looking at more 3 WR formations. And not just on 3rd down! My word!

Shocking to some. Necessary to develop a fully-formed offense to others.  Jim Harbaugh’s comments, which I printed in the last thread, pointed the bony finger at the usual suspects. No WRs that could get open with all the injuries, and a stodgy game plan. He didn’t go as far to call out Kaepernick for being the one-read guy as protrayed by some in the nedia, but the gist was there rarely were open guys to progress to. But that will be a point of emphasis in this camp. Besides, you want to watch Kappy read guys off of coverage, watch the Carolina playoff game. He gets Kookly of of position a few times by looking him off of coverages.

Not mentioned in the article, but mentioned elsewhere, was the fact that Kappy had a foot problem that hindered his movements til the bye week. Yes, Kappy has room to grow. But he still hasn’t started 2 seasons of games yet. He’s a dedicated player who desperately wants to win.

Throw in the fact that Baalke is apparently on a self-imposed timetable to sign Kappy to a deal before kamp breaks in late July, and the fact that the gleaming new stadium will be hosting it’s very first game, and you have the makings of an exciting season.

So, bring it on.

About these ads

111 Responses to The Times, They Are A-Changin’

1. If you think Bo Schembechler Jr. is magically morphing into Mouse Davis, you’re sadly mistaken. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Or in Jimbo’s case, a lying sack of shit self-important pious prick who loves extra guards, tackles and fullbacks that still thinks Frank Gore has three good years left, doesn’t change his.

We’re gonna grind the meat, son. Grind the meat. Punch Harbaugh in the goddamn throat.

No,Dennis. What I’m saying is we are going to show more 3 WR formations.

Yeah, we should go back to Nolan and Alex Smith. Good idea.

• Harbaugh hasn’t changed the offense even after Alex was dumped off. All of a sudden a light bulb went off now and flipped the switch? Think again. All I got out of that article that was relevant was that the offense would expand a bit now that Kap has a year and half of experience under his belt. But that can be said of any QB who learns and becomes more familiar with an offense. Whoop-de-fucking-doo!

BTW, I believe the upcoming NFL.Net’s “Path to the Draft” at 4PM is featuring an inside look into the Niners war room and such. Great. See for your own eyes how Baalke writes down another shitty name of a WR, sticks it in an envelope, licks the glue and then proceed to see that 1st rd bust shortly wind up in the glue factory.

Johnny Manziel is going to be a terrible pro in the NFL by his third year. I don’t even care if he goes to a good organization, he’ll still be a bad pro by year three. Best case scenario for any qb coming out of college is something like Colin Kaepernick had – a year and half on the bench, replace a stinker, former NFL qb as your head coach. It simply doesn’t get much better than that. I think Gabbert has no heart, but his situation coming to the NFL couldn’t have been much worse. Immediate starter with a defensive coordinator and no talent around him? Regardless of all this, I don’t care what situation you throw Manziel into, he’ll still be a bad NFL quarterback. You know who Manziel needs to model his game after? Russel Wilson. Similiar arm strength, and what Russell lacks in arm talent he more than makes up for as a leader, with his studies and with his decision making with the football. But that’s not Johnny Manziel. Manziel is a gambler with weak arm strength and who knows about his work ethic. Manziel’s only chance in the NFL (long term) is for some qb guru to get a hold of him and brainwash him, taking out the Brett Favre and putting in the Russell Wilson. Why was Favre successful and Manziel won’t be? Favre had a cannon…. and Mike Holmgren. Manziel has a pee shooter, and Gus Bradley or Mike Pettine? By his third year in the NFL, he’ll be damaged goods.

A list of potential coaches who could ….. maybe ……. brainwash Manziel and turn him away from Favre and into Wilson.

Jim Harbaugh
    Bruce Arians
    Pete Carroll
    Mike McCoy (marginal choice to do something with Manziel)
    Ken Whisenhunt (another marginal choice)

Basically, Manziel’s best chance in the NFL is to go to the NFC West and sit a while. But more than likely some owner will draft him to start immediately and the kid will be like Jake Locker (hurt because he’s forced to run, inconsistent and flashing brilliance). But Locker is hanging in there and now there’s help on the way with Whisenhunt. I doubt Manziel will be so fortunate. But who knows? Maybe in three or four years Manziel will be backing up Kaep and we’ll have traded Gabbert to the Raiders for the unconditional retirement of the Davis family dermatologist.

Six weeks?????? Draft’s SIX freakin’ WEEKS from tonight?

BULLLLEEEEEP!

Tell me about it, Rufus. You either get Denise’s whining or Spitty’s novellas at this point.

Frankly, I’m encouraged about the tone the team is setting. But yeah. 6 weeks to the draft.

Don’t know how much more of this I can pull off

• Spitblood says:

My novellas are legit. No Russia, no politics, no music, no Niners, no insults, no golf, no bueno. How ’bout we rank qbs over the last 30 years.

Here’s my list, top 13. Last thirty years – What I would consider the modern era.
      1.) Joe
      2.) Elway
      3.) Favre
      4.) Brady
      5.) Aikman
      6.) Rogers
      7.) Eli Manning
      8.) Marino
      9.) Brees
      10.) Peyton Manning
      11.) Young
      12.) Moon (Ninersforever affirmative action)
      13.) Fouts

Aikman and Rogers are tied for 5th and 6th. If I was drafting a team right now, I’d have a hard time deciding who to take. Rogers is more talented. Aikman, in my opinion, was a better leader. I’d put Elway as my number 2 greatest all time qb, up against any era. Steve Young, in my opinion, is an overrated qb. I didn’t realize Manning needs to play two more seasons injury free to pass Favre as the NFL’s all time passing yards leader. I’m sure Manning will get there, unless he takes a big hit. Won’t change my feelings about him. Manning with the all time passer ranking would be perfect. All that guy’s about is stats. No rings, just stats. I’m not a fan.

One guy I’m a huge fan of, not on this list, is Phillip Rivers. He’s a tough competitor, can be clutch, but played on somewhat poor teams in a city that’s not exactly known for its football. He needs to continue his career renaissance to be considered one of the greats. McCoy might help. This year will be telling if it’s McCoy or was Whissenhunt. Many won’t buy Rivers should be on this list.

Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning. They’re polar opposites in crunch time. Eli’s cool as can be. Peyton is a basket case. You want the cool customer in big games, and if I was building a team right now, I’d take Eli over Brees, Young, Moon, Fouts, Marino and brother Peyton. Why? Because Eli is a winner in big games. He reminds me of Robert Horry. He’s not phased by pressure situations – in fact, he thrives in them. Those kind of guys are rare.

I want a winner! Oh wait where is my favorite coach?

If you think Young is overrated, then you didn’t watch or follow the Niners.

No QB in history had to overcome the bullshit he did. And he did. From the fans, from the media, from his own teammates, from his own front office. The list is fine, but I’d but put Brady and Rogers over Favre. He’s overrated, if anyone. He was more DeBerg-like than Joe-like. Always there with the back-breaking int. at the wrong time. GB had a much better defense than the Niners did in that era. Which is why Young didn’t get more rings. You switch Young with Favre, and the Packers win 3 Super Bowls. As it was, Favre only got the one. You’d take Eli now?

Thank God you don’t make personnel decisions.

I’d put Brady over Elway mainly because Elway was horrible in Super Bowl XXiX, and he lost 2 others. 3 Super Bowl losses? Sorry. That’s coming up short. I’d put Young over Elway because of that very reason. Elway pissed his pants against the Niners. Much like P. Manning this year. When they interviewed Eric Davis (I think), he told his teammates before the game, look at Elway. He’s missing his passes in WARMUPS! He was scared shitless and played like it.

1.) Joe
    2.) Brady
    3.) Aikman
    4.) Young
    5.) Rogers
    6.) Elway
    7.) Favre

The rest don’t matter

Hate to change the subject from the ‘best QB debate’ to something diff for a second: Chuck you notice (I just did) that your followers have jumped from 8-9 getting the email notices to 41 all of a sudden? My theories are:

1) Jed, Baalke and Maiocco or their minions are suddenly following our pearls of wiizdumb
    2) Denise has acquired numerous blog reading mallard fans
    3) Spitwad is close to being syndicated nationally
    4) The rest of the local media putas are trying to scoop CSN or gain fresh insight into fan psyche
    5) Software glitch on WordPress, the correct number of blog followers is now actually 4

Must be the freewheeling nature of our format allowing unvarnished truth or something close to be blathered here. That or our mod Unca has hit on a good strategy of actually allowing free speech while disallowing insufferable assholes free rein. Yeah that must be it. Ok, ratings are up Carry on..

Best QB? Joe. 2.) Brady 3.) Aikman 4.) Young 5.) Rogers

BTW, DeSean Jackson was just released by the Eagles.

Not that we have the scratch to sign him.

41? woo hoo. I thought I felt someone looking over my shoulder.

Maybe its NoFear’s black helicopter brigade.

Fuck the NSA!

10. Oh and good job on getting Jimi to think about some needed changes on O

Chuck – You’d put Steve Young over John Elway? Thank god you don’t make personnel decisions. The exact same criteria you use for beating down Favre and propping up Young can be used to for Elway – no defenses early on. And really, with Dan Reives, Elways didn’t have an offensive coach until Shanahan (who was eventually Dan’s OC, then John’s HC). All players — Favre, Young and Elway — were dependent upon running games, defenses and their coaches. If you could somehow put all three guys on the same team and see what they could do, I’d take Elway first, Favre second and Young would be way, way down the list.

Steve Young was way overrated. He was dominated by two different teams – the Cowboys and Packers. It wasn’t until both the Cowboys and Packers had lost significant coaches and players that Young actually won one Super Bowl, the year Carmen and Eddie decided to break the free agent bank for defensive players. How many times did Steve Young lose to the Cowboys and Packers? Was it ten thousand, or eleven thousand? The only difference between Young’s losses in the playoffs and Elways losses in the Super Bowls is that the good teams were in Young’s division (luckily for his legacy). If the Cowboys or Packers were in the AFC, Young would have lost 80 Super Bowls. He certainly overcame a lot, and I recognize his plight behind Joe, and without Bill, but Young was still dominated by the Cowboys and Packers. No excuse for that.

The Cowboys and Packers were much stronger teams than anything in the AFC. Elway couldn’t get through the weak-ass AFC west let alone the weak sister AFC without Shanny blowing him and wiping his ass. Plus, Elway’s a major league dick. From his draft pouting/playing baseball to avoid Baltimore to his fucking horse teeth. I don’t like him at all as a person. Fuck him. He’s off my list. Eli was the same kind of weenie. How dare you draft me, San Diego. I don’t want to play THERE!!!!

You think Young had it easy with Seifert? Right.

Whatever.

• Spitblood says:

But the Cowboys and Packers weren’t stronger teams than the 49ers. The difference was the Cowboys and Packers had Aikman and Favre, who were better qbs than Young. And to be fair, Holmgren and Johnson were better coaches than George Seifert. So it’s not all on Young’s shoulders, but he certainly didn’t overcome the Packers or the Cowboys. The year he beat the Cowboys was the year Jimmy left and Carmen brought in Deion Sanders. To me, Young is a very overrated qb. Nice guy. Great analyst. Proud to have him as a former Niner player, but not a gamer in my eyes. Young, like Peyton Manning, should have several more rings. I agree with drunk Irsay.

Young had much more heart. Did Young cry and whine his way out of Tampa Bay? No. Did Elway whine his way out of Baltimore? Yes. “Boo hoo. I don’t like Baltimore! I’ll just go suck at baseball with the Yankees! Then I can go somewhere else! Yay me!”

Elway’s a candy-ass valley boy for God’s sake. On my God! Fer shure fer shure. Tubular, dude.

Hmmmm. Wonder what DeSean’s price tag is now?

I’d be down with giving him a make-good deal. Throw in some incentives . . . Boom.

My issue with him has always been the price and the draft pick. That’s all out the window with his release and these trumped up gang-related bullshit connections.

Chuck, I hear what you’re saying about Eli and Elway, and I never realized it until now that two of my qbin’ heros told teams to kick rocks but answer me this. If it was me and Jesus or L Ron Hubbard reached down and blessed me with a golden arm, I’d want to maximize that talent. There’s nothing more frustrating than having talent while the bs around you is a joke, holding you back. I’ve been in that situation in my personal life (on this blog) and it’s frustrating, but it’s got to be even more so when you’re in the spotlight and operating on the highest level. Think about Archie in New Orleans. Archie probably hated his NFL career and had numerous sleepless nights, even now, thinking about the “what ifs.” And I guarantee Archie had something to do with Eli not wanting to play for the Super Chargers. I guarantee it. Now that I think about it, though, you probably can’t relate. But just for a second imagine being gifted and having those around you be jack wagons.

I’m for the players. Always have been. The players need to make more money and have more control over their careers. Players are owner slaves. Look at DeShaun Jackson. The Eagles just did him soooooooo dirty by dumping him after most of the COMPETITIVE teams already spent their off season nut. Now if DeShaun wants to go to a competitive team he’s stuck taking 6 million which is about 6 million a year short of his current value, or he goes to a bad team with cap space like the Raiders or Jets and then the Eagles can say, “See, we were right to cut him. He’s all about the money.” And if you don’t think it’s a black helicopter owner conspiracy, answer me this…. “Why wait until right now to cut him?” Why wait until a month after free agency started to cut Jackson? Why not cut Jackson a week before free agency so teams could plan, especially the competitive teams? You could argue the Eagles wanted to send Jackson to the Cowboys like we did with Charles Haley (opps), but either way, the bottomline point is the Eagles just did their slave, DeShaun Jackson dirty. They sold him down the river. Poor Jim lost his boy, Huck. So if a player like Elway or Eli tells a bad owner to kick rocks, I think I might like the guy even that much more, not less. And to be honest, I didn’t even realize either of them had done that while making out my list so I’m amending my list.

1.) Elway
    2.) Eli
    3.) Montana

When we were all talking about Jackson to the 49ers, I thought the 49ers were going to put Kaep’s contract on hold for another year and try to sign Jackson, making a one year push and that the big gamble was going to be Harbaugh and his coordinator’s contracts at the end of the 2014 season. I thought the gamble with Harbaugh was a terrible idea. I think Harbaugh’s the best thing to hit the Bay Area since naked lesbians running the Bay to Breakers. But now Harbaugh’s talking long-term in SF and Fangio’s been paid more. Now the 49ers are talking extending Kaep and I think that’s the right move as well. I’ve cooled on Jackson because there’s no way you can re-sign Kaep to a long term deal and also sign Jackson, and Kaep’s my boy, like Harbaugh. If Jed York was smart, he’d lock ‘em both up to rich and lucrative contracts for a long, long time. Jackson would have been great if the situation with Harbaugh and Kaep wasn’t a good one and things were more, “Let’s see what you two can do in 2014 and then we’ll re-sign you after.” That’s when Jackson’s necessary for a one year deal. But I’m more happy with the idea that Kaep and Harbaugh are re-signed.

If it were me, and I was Jed York, I’d be more concerned about locking up Harbaugh than I would Kaep. Like I wrote earlier, I wouldn’t squabble. I’d make Jim the highest paid coach in the league for as long as he wanted. A great 2014 early Christmas present to Spitblood would be Kaep and Harbaugh re-signing together for two, seven year deals. I’m waiting for the press conference in June, with jingle bells on.

Dumb and Dumbest. Apparently Chris Culliver was arrested for felony hit-and run (a bicyclist), and possession of brass knuckles, another felony. He was arrested without incident. Well, 2 out of 3 is still pretty bad.

Looks like CB jumped up the draft board . . .

• Spitblood says:

Brass Knuckles? Lol. This kid is a moron. Who has brass knuckles anymore? I picture this “brassknucklehead,” slowly riding a bike through a ghetto selling crack with baggy shorts and a gold tooth….. and a million dollar contract to play football. I know he was driving the car, but he might as well have been on the bike, in my mind. This kid is becoming a personal favorite. He’s making Aldon Smith look like Glenn Coffee (the religious one, not the one in the orange jumper… bad example) He’s making Aldon Smith look like Tim Tebow. That’s a better example. Aldon needs to Tebow / pray to Culliver for taking the heat off. What a brassknucklehead…..

You like watching bull dykes who can kick your ass sideways run around naked? More power to you, skippy.

Besides, yer the biggest turkey here. And sorry, you ain’t honored by the word. Archie smiled and took his lumps. Peyton didn’t bitch about the Colts, I’ll give him that. They were fairly sucky for quite a few years before his arrival. Yeah., the had Brent Jones, but still. The point being, It’s the GM’s fault they couldn’t build around Archie. If you are a great QB coming out of college, you get drafted by a shitty team. Them’s the breaks. Eli and Elway are pussies for holding out/whining/bitching.

Yer right about DSJ though. This smacks of total bullshit on the Eagles part. The gang-related shit was 4 and 2 years ago respectively. They wanted an out after he put up the best numbers of his career. They run with the story now? DSJ may sue them. I’d be pissed.

• snarkk says:

Why not just cut him, and re-do his deal at a lower number, isn’t that kosher and done all the time? Instead, they cut and adios. Must be some other reason than just the money?…

Chip doesn’t like him. And he’s given plenty of reason to not be liked. But still, they waited til the end of free agency to toss him. Not very nice.

• Spitblood says:

I thought you were a fellow democrat – working party man? Labor unions, power to the people, sixties…. no? Nobody in their right mind is on the side of the owners. The only owner I like is Mark Cuban for his “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered,” quote.

And the bull dykes aren’t the ones I enjoy, and they can’t kick my ass. There’s never been a woman born who could kick my ass. Never. You might put a good fight for a while, Chuck, but I’d get ya in the end.

Kaep’s the bigger concern now. They can sign Harbaugh at any time without any cap fallout. Kaep’s on the clock. And as it ticks, the money ticks upward as well.

• Spitblood says:

I’d do both deal together and at the press conference wish Spitblood an early Merry Christmas, which I’m sure is apart of their agenda.

So, Mark Sanchez in and DeSean out in Philly. Can a division be banned from the playoffs?

DeSean ends up? I’m guessing with the Raiduhs or Dallas…

• rtfirefly says:

I could see Jerruh biting. Between Romo’s contact and DSJ’s, he may even be able to field a college level defense this year (it would be an improvement). But it’ll put Cowbutts in the stands!
      Right up the Reincarnation of Undead Al’s alley…

• Spitblood says:

I could see Jackson going to the Jets, reunited with Vick and Morningwood. I wonder if Berman ever thought of Morningwood for Marty but couldn’t use it. I, however, have no such restriction.

If there’s gang connections, and DeShaun goes to the Raiders, that’s a disaster waiting to happen. The owners right now are gathering together in their black helicopters to keep Jackson out of Oakland.

There’s no way the 49ers will go after Jackson if they’re negotiating with Kaep. You can’t have both.

This latest criminal d-baggery by Culliver may be the last straw for Prince Jed. How many times can you dump on the Niner’s logo with bad PR before you get the heave ho? How many expletives did Harbaugh yell when they told him about this? Glad to hear the cyclist only had minor injuries. Until he gets hold of a lawyer. Anyway, Culliver barely got over the gay slur debacle, now this d-baggery. He not only runs over somebody, but then threatens people trying to run him down after he scoots the scene. Brass friggin’ knuckles? If I’m Jed, this is Cully’s final hit to the Niner PR machine…

• Spitblood says:

And starting at cornerback for the Niners, the South Carolina Gamecock, Chris “Brassknucklehead” Culliver.

Our secondary now has DUI Wright, Extended Cox, the alleged rapist, and the BrassKnuckleHead, Culliver. Maybe Ed Donantel needs to re-watch The Longest Yard again (not with Sandler, please. Not with Sandler). Jed needs a sharp shooter on top of the Levi Stadium scoreboard just in case. “COX!! COX!!!!!! COX!!!!!!!! Rob wouldn’t shoot him…. with a gun.

• “Brassknucklehead”. That’s good, that’s our boy. That’s our former CB. Moron

• snarkk says:

Oh, and apparently Cully was driving on a suspended license…

Hey look, the off season just got fun again. Young vs Elway, Jackson and now Culliver. And yesterday Chuck was worried. Silly Charles.

Looks like the Raiduhs may be picking up a veteran CB…

27. I’ve been saying it for a while now, and this latest “Brassnucklehead” installment of “Breaking Away” (1979) just confirms it: this Mickey Mouse organization hasn’t been the 49ers for some time now. Nothing but thugs, drugs, rapists, DUIs and brass knuckles.

GO RAIDERS!!!

28. BTW, I was bored and down in the dumps even more then usual the other day and created a fantasy baseball team over at ESPN. Drafting tonight at 8:30. League: Game of Throne Fans. Welcomed to join. Still spots available. Nobody wants to play with me.

I’ll never take walking for granted again. Wheeling around the kitchen on the computer chair and having to shave and shower on a folding one sucks donkey balls. I solemnly promise that if and when I have two good feet again to walk even more times to feed my mallards and even more times to the liquor store to feed my alcoholism. I’m going to make my feet proud.

The scene where Spitblood wheels Del to AA.

Spitblood: Hey Del. I’m wheelin’ your ass to AA. We’re not stopping at the mallards or collecting $200 for passing go.
    Del: Fuck you. I don’t need your ass preaching to me. What the fuck do you care? Leave me alone.
    Spitblood: You don’t have a choice. You have no phone and I’m putting this camoflauged duct tape over your mouth so people can’t tell you’ve been abducted.
    ~ Spitblood pushes Del in his wheelchair to AA, taking off the camo duct tape when they arrive ~
    Del: Fuck you, Spitblood. I’m not talking here and I’m calling the cops when this is over.
    AA Chairman: Any new members?
    Spitblood: Yes, I’m Spitblood and I’m an alcoholic, and this is my friend, Del.
    Del: I’m not friends with Spitblood. He’s an asshole, and I don’t like him. I am alcoholic but I don’t need you people, no offense.
    AA group: Hi Del. Hi Spitblood.
    Del: My name’s Del… actually, fuck. It’s Dennis, call me Dennis. I’m an alcoholic, but I’m invincible… actually my foot’s not, but everything else is.
    AA group: Hi Dennis!
    Del: I’m from Del Mar, that why Spit called me Del. I’m a little nervous. See, I shouldn’t be here. There’s really no problem. I drink, I fall down, I break my foot, I get surgery, I rent a wheelchair, no problem… see?
    AA group member: Denial ain’t just a river in Missouri.
    Del: Isn’t it in Egypt?
    AA group member: We’re all fucked up here, Del. We all have a fucked up sense of humor.
    Spitblood: Not me. I’m the only one who made it through safe.
    Del: I was talking here. Here’s my formula, and it’s tried (again and again) and true. I drink, used to gamble but I’m cutting back due to economic constraints and therapy, and then I watch this fuckin’ team that …. oh, man. I need to compose myself. I’m a Niner fan. I mean, it’s not like I’m a Browns fan. We’ve won Super Bowls. We have an embarrassment of riches. I should be okay with my team but I just love them so. They’re driving me insane.
    AA member: Actually, that’s the booze that’s driving you insane.
    Del: Are we….. are you guys supposed to interrupt? I thought that was against protocol?
    Spitblood: These guys are all a little fucked up, Del. But not me. Cut ‘em some slack.
    Del: Three years ago the Niner hired this complete fuckwad of a coach. I hate him. I personally hate his guts and livers. Spit sucks his dick, but I hate him. He’s turning this organization into everything I despise. We lose big games, AND he’s an asshole to everyone – to the refs, the media, his players. Hell, his kids probably hate him. My team used to win with class, now we lose with an ass. It’s all backwards. It wasn’t supposed to go down like this. So now I watch the 49ers, Harbaugh drives me to drink, I then need to find something, anything good in this world, so I feed the mallards. That’s the only serenity left in my life. Anyway, thank you for listening.
    AA Group: Thanks Del.
    Member Steve: I’m also a Niner fan and I have season tickets on the 51 yard line at the new stadium. Del, would you like to go sometime – checkout the new stadium?
    Del: 51 yard line? Are you fuckin’ with me? ‘Correct me if I’m wrong,’ Steve, but if Jed puts a 51 yard line in his new stadium ‘they’re gonna lock him up a trow away the key.’
    Steve: We’re all a little weird here, Del – except your friend, Spitblood. He seems perfectly normal.
    Del: What game do you want to go to?
    Steve: I don’t care. I just don’t go to games when the opposing team’s qb is black.
    Del: Will you be my sponsor?

• I’d argue if I could. When’s the next meeting?

• BTW, I didn’t drink tonight. Wish I could take credit for it however. My neighbor who was gonna do a beer run for me never showed. He was on his way home riding his bicycle, and well, @Cullyinthehouse

• Spitblood says:

I don’t know but one piece of serious advice if you ever do go – go to as many as you can for the first month or two. After a while, just go to the meetings you like. Some meetings suck. Some meetings are rough. Others are full of shit. It’s like Goldie Locks and the 3 bears. It takes a while to find the porridge that’s just right. But in the beginning, go to as many as you can. You’ll make some amazing friends.

I just want a winner! I don’t care about their personal problems. That’s their problem. Get a good lawyer and hope for the best. Yeah I’m glad I’m not related to the guy. BLEEP!

• Yeah Nip that’s the right attitude. Around here we get to root fer our team (even Dennis does somewhere deep down) and support each other in rooting for our football team = the great San Francisco 49ers!

That’s no bleep!

Jesus Christ, Bullitt is the biggest pussy in the world. The sorry little fuck lives in his grandma’s attic.

Oh, skeebs deleted my post. Bullitt is just stirring the shit as usual. Misrepresenting what I posted about Aaron Hernandez as it relates to DSJ.

Looks like a weapon of QB David Fales is flying beneath the radar – WR Chandler Jones.
    Kid wasn’t a Combine Invite, yet put up some pretty respectable numbers at SJSU -

248 Rec 3087 Yds 29TDs
    Probably projects as a Late RD option at this point but, according to reports from Fales’ Pro Day, Jones apparently turned in sub-4.4s as well.

Interesting option for a Slot WR perhaps, without the higher RD price tag?

34. My beer-running neighbor doesn’t always get hit on his bicycle by a homophobic soon-to-be released African-American 49er cornerback brandishing brass knuckles. But when he does, he shows up on my doorstep the next day with a 12-pack of Bud.

Stay thirsty, white, non-violent and open to sexual orientation, my friends.

That qualifies as ‘Good Neighbor’ policy in my book Del -

A few Buds for your Buds?
      Can’t go wrong in that scenario.

• NJ, if I haven’t already said so, thanks again for doing all of the college scouting. It’s much appreciated. But just stop with evaluating, much more, advocating any WR to be possibly drafted in the 1st rd by our Niners. I’ll re-break my left foot sticking it up Baalke’s ass only then to proceed to punch Harbaugh in the goddamn throat with what’s left of with it.

No WR with our first selection. What’s left of my sanity depends on it.

• *upon* where’s my grammar? I’ll tell ya where. It’s down the sink along with everything else after I’ve combined Budweiser, Vicodin, Percocet and Morphine together.
        Heeeeeeeeee!

NP Del, I happen to enjoy it.

For the record, I’m not advocating for a RD1 WR either.
        I’m more for a Defensive option there.

There’s enough depth at WR this year to look for them after RD1 IMO.

• Absolutely. DL then CB or vice versa THEN a WR would help to calm my nerves.

I’d be happy to find CB Kyle Fuller at Pick 30.
        Even a stud pass rusher would be worth consideration there.

I’d also love to have a shot at NT Louis Nix but, he’s likely to be gone and wouldn’t get past the Pats who pick in front of us.

Even if Baalke choses to move up, WR isn’t something I’d reach for.

Defense 1st for me.

Culliver was supposed to be the starter so I think we have a priority at CB. Doubtful anyone will get cut loose between now and the draft, but it’s possible. I just wonder what we have in Dial and Tank. They were supposed to be the heir apparents on the line but little was discovered there. I don’t see D line til the 4th round.

That being said, if Beckhan’s there, I’d bite. Thing is there’s a lot of guys that are out there and one of these guys will trickle down to us without moving up.

That’s just it Chuck, hope someone ahead of us reaches and disrupts the norm.
      WRs in general are risky enough at the top of the Round, at the bottom I’d be inclined to look for the Defensive guy that might get overlooked.

I’ve seen many a Mock slotting Ra’Shede Hageman landing in our lap.
      He’s not a slam dunk either, almost a boom/bust prospect.
      Great size and athleticism but, carries some baggage.

It should be fun to see what Baalke has up his sleeve with the compliment of Picks at his disposal.

The 49ers need to draft to create leverage over future free agents in 2015. Assuming Kaep is re-signed, the 49er priorities are CB, WR, NT, RB and OLB. Looney creates leverage behind Iupati. Lemonier creates leverage behind Aldon. There’s no leverage behind Crabtree, Hunter, Dorsey or any of our three troubled corners signed to one year deals. We need a third string qb we can develop, and we also need depth everywhere. I think it’s blatantly obvious we need a corner in the first round. After that it’s best player available who suits our future leverage needs.

With 10 picks in this year’s draft, and a boat load last year, ’13 and ’14, and Baalke’s success finding talent, will decide whether or not the 49ers continue to compete for Super Bowls after Gore, Cowboy, Rogers, Whitner, Boldin and Vernon (the core group who were responsible for our three year run) are out to pasture. 2012 was a stinker, and last year’s draft is still up in the air. 2014 Baalke needs to shine.

I’d put ahigher premium on the CB position in RD1 too Spit.

Even a solid DLineman would make sense if he slid.
      I definitely wouldn’t reach for a WR.
      Plenty of depth and options that could be had later.

Culliver dosen’t have much of a body of work to show since he arrived.
        Missed a year with an ACL repair too.
        Nothing guaranteed there IMO.

Add his recent hit-and-run to the mix and we have a major headscratcher there.
        Have to think about the future beyond SS Bethea too.
        I’d concentrate on the Secondary ahead of the WR ranks early on.

Yeah, last year’s draft is still TBD with all the injured bargains they drafted. Reid does a pretty good impression to make it successful by himself, but we’ll see. I have hope for Lattimore, Tank and Dial. V McD was over his head, and Patton showed flashes, but again, they have time to get their shit together.

Still and all, they are a fairly old team that needs to get young in these next couple drafts.

I think Culliver may be able to plea one of the felonies down, but both? Not sure. Even if he avoids jail time, do you think he stays on the team? I don’t.

• Spitblood says:

Culliver definitely stays on the team. First off, compared to Aldon and Ahmad, this isn’t that big of a deal. Secondly, we don’t have any corners. This off season might test whether or not Harbaalke have a read line. If you ask Dennis, they don’t. If you ask me, I’d say who cares? My red line would be the law and the commissioner’s office. The 49ers have clearly demonstrated they want criminals and will try to work with them while paying them less. Think Aldon, Ahmad, Culliver and Perrish Cox aren’t tainted goods? That drives the price down, and Baalke loves a bargain whether it’s a criminal or a injured college recruit. He can’t help himself. They dropped the “ski” from the family last name – Trent Baalkiski – before leaving the Baltics.

I don’t know. This is a very heavy perception deal. York has no wiggle room on this one, The gay slur was one thing, Running over a kid on a bike, trying to leave the scene, and threatening the guy trying to stop you is pretty sleazy no matter how you parse it. A dick move times 5.It’s like Martin Sheen in the Dead Zone, when Christopher Walken tries to shoot him (to save the world from nuclear Armageddon), and the shields himself with a baby.

He’d be in better shape if he was fucked up out of his mind. He wasn’t as far as I know. You can’t go to rehab for being a clueless lowlife asshole.

I don’t know that it’s fair to say that Vance McDonald was in over his head his rookie year. I think the 49er coaches decided to teach him how to block in his rookie year. This is one of those things you never really know if he missed assignments but I do know there was an emphasis on teaching him to block in training camp that carried over into the regular season. The only mistake I ever saw him make was a dropped pass in the Carolina game….. that lost us the game, in my opinion.

I think it was a complete and total mistake by the 49er coaching staff to try and make Vance McDonald a blocking TE first, then hope he becomes a receiver. I know Kaep was basically in his first year, and that’s when you lean on your run game and your veteran receivers, but sometimes a rookie year defines who you become and if that’s the case, fair or not, McDonald, in his mind somewhere, might decide he’s more of a blocking TE. If that’s who he becomes, needless to say, he would be another bad second round pick by Baalke.

That’s how I would assess it Spit.
      He was certainly more of a WR at Rice.
      I liked his size and the way he was utilized there too.

He did get pigeon-holed into too much blocking as a Rookie.
      One can only hope he gets his chances to use his hands more as a receiving threat this year.
      He’s got good size and the ability to turn and run.

He reminds me a lot of Brent Jones, a catch and turn TE that won’t blow anyone away but will gain some extra yards on the seam.

43. It’s been twenty years since this Mickey Mouse organization won a Super Bowl.
    Sleep on that. Goodnight.

This is who the 49ers should draft in the second round – Allen Robinson! Baalke-ski loves a deal, and because his kid ran a 4.6 at the combine, he’ll slip into the second round and become a deal. Chuck and NJ will cry about his 40 time and claim he’s not a guy to take the top off the defense while ignoring that Alshon Jeffrey just took the top off the defense with the best of ‘em while running a 4.48 at the combine. Draft Allen Robinson in the second!!!

Where do you guys think Gore and Boldin would run the 40 yard dash? 9.5? Speed is overrated this time of year. Always is. If you realize it, you can find a bargain. If you don’t, you’re a schlep like the rest of ‘em who passed on Alshon Jeffrey in the first round.

• Spitblood says:

That run at 3:40 is sick. He’s the next second round Alshon Jeffrey. The pros are retards. This kid should be a first round pick. Paralysis by over-analysis. Speed is overrated. Can you jump? Do you have vision when running? Are you smart? Can you play? Oh, wait. Let’s forget all of these things and draft AJ Jenkins because he runs fast. Morons.

• Yep nice. We could use this guy fer sure

Here’s my 49er mock draft 1.0 version. This assumes no trading, which clearly won’t happen.

#30, 1st round – Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech. He’s Carlos Roger’s replacement. Just as fast as Rogers, but quicker and more physical. Wonder if he’s as smart? He might not be there at 30.

#56, 2nd round – Allen Robinson, Penn State. You want speed in this year’s draft, there’s only two speed receivers and both are small. I’ve had enough small receivers who don’t pan out (AJ Jenkins, Kyle Williams, Manningham). The only reason Robinson drops this far is because he ran a 4.6 at the combine. Speed is overrated.

#61, 2nd round – CB, Bashard Breeland, Clemson. Junior, very young and would need to be coached up. Ton of upside and potential. If he wasn’t there, I’d draft FS Terrence Brooks from Florida State to backup Reid and Bethea. Hard to use a second on a backup, but Reid has concussion injuries and Bethea is no spring chicken.

#77, 3rd round – DT DaQuan Jones, Penn State. Reminds me of my boy from last year, Kawaun Short, who went to the Panthers. This kid will be a stud.

#94, 3rd round – RB, Devanta Freeman, Florida State. Runs with authority. Not many running backs in this year’s draft run hard and seek out contact. Freeman does.

#100, 3rd round – OLB, Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas. Long arms, huge motor. Texas dropped this DE into coverage. He’d make the transition from DE to OLB. I don’t know if I’d go this route here because I’d franchise Aldon for 11 million next year, but just in case Aldon decides to drive his car off the Bay Bridge, this is a good pick.

#125, 4th round – WR, Devin Street, Pitt. The 49ers can never have too many good receivers. Fire Johnny Morton!

#158, 5th round – OG, Jon Halapio, Florida. A poor man’s Mike Iupati. Another Samoan. Not as big.

Round 7? Who cares?

Not quite, but he did drive into the bay. In 1962, Kilmer was ctitically injured on December 5 when he fell asleep in his 1957 Chevy and drove off the Bayshore Freeway into the San Francisco Ba near Candlestick Park. Suffering a fractured leg, Kilmer’s injury wouldn’t heal, so after infections and the bleeding that wouldn’t stop, they found bone chips in his leg. This finally healed him up, but it was bad enough to force him to sit out the entire 1963 NFL season as well. He was able to return the following year, but he didn’t play much while on the team. THe Saints picked him up in the 1967 expansion draft.

He was the one that fumbled tha ball that Jim Marshall of the Vikes ran the wrong way on for a safety.

Hah! Exactly . . .

You get post of the day, Steve.

New thread is BLEEEPing up.