The 2014 NFL Draft ! ! !

In an ongoing attempt to not think about the recent past, we do have our draft seedings set in stone. In an amazingly particluar order, here they are:

1. 1st round: own – No. 30
2. 2nd round: Chiefs (Alex Smith trade) – No. 24
3. 2nd round: own – No. 29
4. 3rd round: Titans (2013 draft trade) – No. 13
5. 3rd round: own – No. 30
6. 3rd round: Compensatory (Dashon Goldson)
7. 4th round: own – No. 29
8. 5th round: own – No. 30
9. 6th round: own – No. 29
10. 7th round: Colts (Cam Johnson trade) – No. 26
11. 7th round: Saints (Parys Haralson trade) – No. 27
12. 7th round: Panthers (Colin Jones trade) – No. 28
13. 7th round: own – No. 30

All our picks are at the lower end of every round, but we have a lot of ammo to move up if need be. That being said, what are our greatest needs?

Draft order for need, I think:

Cornerback
Wide Receiver
Center
Outside Linebacker
Guard
Quarterback
Wide Receiver
Defensive End
Tight End
Fullback

I don’t see us drafting more than 10. What do you think our biggest needs are?

About these ads

86 Responses to The 2014 NFL Draft ! ! !

Wide Receiver

2. Dunno. Waiting fer a call back from Trent, hold a sec.

WR, WR, RB, CB…

4. BTW here is a link to an article discussing What the Future Holds For The Forty Niners including cap issues and where the author thinks we will be drafting for need.

Chuck nice write up on our many draft picks!

The FA market opens in March and the draft happens in May. So there’s a big window of time to see where their interest lies.

6. Yup. Here’s my last thoughts from previous thread about our problem up north (in a last effort to rinse out bad taste):

Believe the refs and League created that monster (sherman) by letting him/them get away with muggings on the field. If the intent was to boost the relatively small fan base and popularity of that regional brand it worked in the short term. Now the NFL gets to worry about psycho fans and players ruining footballs national image. Drug fueled rants and throwing food at injured opponents indeed (Bowman). Bring down the ‘hawks.

• NoFear49er says:

Seattle’s had some pretty serious fans since Jim Zorn and Steve Largent started up that franchise. Oh, I guess they had a coach in there somewhere before Knox, too. They’ve certainly picked up a bunch of bandwagoners lately though and I’m pretty sure those no-class punks are part of that group. 49ers have them, too, unfortunately. I would hope the Seahawks people ID those jerks and ban them from ever seeing a game there again. But they’ll let them take some “learn to play nice” online seminar and happily take their money again.

NoFear49er my guess is, they’ll call it ‘accidentally spilled popcorn/Skittles’ or whatever?
        Having attended my share of NYJ/Philly Sports venues out here, some Fans are just flat out vicious morons when it comes to their Teams and injuries to opposing players fuels their perception of dominance.

If Seattle feels we’re the Evil Empire and, the 12th Step Morons are beneficial to their cause, I highly doubt anything positive will come from it.

It is what it is, a massively escalating power struggle between SF and Seattle.
        If they can’t police their own PED abuse or, choose not to, we’re just whistling in the dark.

This rivalry is good for what ails us.
        Until we win there, it’s not going to change.
        Time to get to work on fixing the deficiencies.

In their collective minds, Kaep can’t win in Seattle, we sustained more bodily damage and, they’re going to the SB, not us.

Game On.

This is on Baalke and Harbaugh to build a better Beast.

I don’t know what the Niners will draft. Depends on tons of factors including who they will re-sign, which FAs they get, and where they think they’ll be in draft position (if they trade up or whatever). I would say that generally speaking, it has to be an offense-heavy FA signing and drafting season. This offense MUST be upgraded so it can score in the Red Zone. It’s just not a championship caliber offense, whereas the defense has been that. As for special teams, I dunno. As per usual, I don’t see why Brad Seely’s always figured to be some great ST coach. I haven’t looked at the ST stats, but seems to me the Niner STs are nothing special in terms or returns and coverage. That long kick return they allowed on Sunday really sucked. The kickers are fine, they need to re-sign Dawson, and he’ll be up for that. He’s not going anywhere…

8. sandy32koufax says:

I’d like to see SF draft this way:

LB, OLB, NG/T, P and K.

Yes. I am a Rams/Ray-Duhs fan.

Seriously though. Niners need a STUD FB and, prolly, another guy to take Bowman’s place. Beyond that? SPEED and hands guy at WR and a S that can hit/blitz/cover-Lott is the mold. Trade a pick for a proven center/tackle and you guys could be good to go.

Chuck I’m thinking BPA at the 1st Pick, between DB/WR.
    Wouldn’t rule out a shot at Louis Nix if he gets into the Mid 20s.
    Should be enough depth at CB and WR to shop in RDs 2/3 for an extra of either too.
    Could easily be a SS/WR/CB in any order, with the 1st 3 Picks.
    Having a pair of 2s & 3s could give Baalke the option to move up twice in RDs 1 & 2.

RDs 3-5 I’d add depth to the Dline-DE/OLB and maybe developmental QB area.
    Another RB wouldn’t surprise me either.

RDs 6/7 are always longshot/project Picks.
    Any position could be had there.
    Always good areas for ST and depth selections.

No way we spend all these Picks.
    Which means, I can only guess at the Positions he’ll shop for early rather than late..

Also Chuck, Comp Picks haven’t been awarded yet.
      We could get as much as an extra 3 for Goldson, hard to predict.
      Plenty of ammo.
      Gotta trust in Baalke to land some early impact talent in RDs 1-3.

Who’s declared for the 2104 draft? Kinda early…

For whatever reason I can’t get into this year’s draft. But I think needs are wide receiver, running back, qb, tight end and a safety. 49er fans, and especially fans on this blog and on Skeeber’s blog, don’t realize how old the 49ers are, and they particularly don’t remember what Walsh used to think about 30 year old players. You don’t rely on guys around 30 because they’ll get injured and you’ll be left holding the bag during a playoff run. Older players also don’t perform as well.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the 49ers draft another talented qb. I think Colt McCoy is a waste of our time. He won’t win us games and he isn’t tradeable. I thought he was a winner at Texas (and was) and I thought he got a bad rap in Cleveland (but there I was wrong). Colt’s just not a valued NFL commodity. Harbaugh needs to draft a qb to backup Colin so if necessary we can start the new guy, push Colin, and also have potential trade bait that may garner another draft pick bounty like the one we fleeced from the Walrus – Andy Stadler.

If it’s me, I draft all offense with the one defensive exception being safety. Oh, and I dump Roman. Our D next year, with the addition of Dial, Tank, and Moody (potentially filling in for Bowman), will be fine even if we lose Brown, Rogers and Whitner. But our O sucks. That’s another thing this blog and Skeeber’s blog don’t realize – our offense simply is not good.

No doubt there’s issues with the Passing game Spit.

I’m wondering whether this is Harbaugh/Roman related or, simply Kaep learning the Plan?
      I’ve heard it mentioned via NFL Network (Kurt Warner?), that Kaep throws a flat ball and, will need to continue his development with touch, in order to make some of the other necessary throws.

That analysis makes sense to me, because of the types of throws he’s making to the outside and deep middle.
      Hardly see him working anything across the middle.

I’d consider Drafting QB Logan Thomas from Va Tech in the Mid Rds.
      Tall, strong arm and, similar running ability to Kaep.
      Only issue there is, he’s gonna be a project.

I’d look to a another FA Vet if Colt isn’t retained.

I also think we’re good with Wilhoite and Skuta until NaVorro gets healthy too.
      Moody is a good looking prospect though.

I’m still looking WR and DB early in this Class.
      Always have to stack the trenches too.
      Look for some depth at bargain rates in the Mid Rd area perhaps.

2 guys I’d consider early if they get near us in Rd 1 –
      OG Cyril Richardson – Baylor
      NT Louis Nix – ND

Our age variable isn’t awful, but good depth is starting to come in.

As for SS – I just posted some ideas with Skeebs.
      This Class has quite a few CBs that tackle well and cover well.
      Problem with many of them is, very few run 4.4s.
      I’d consider taking a discount on the recently damaged Aaron Colvin or EJ Gaines from MO, to take the SS reigns if it’s feasible.

Those are guys likely to be around in Rd 3, along with many more in the CB group.

Colvin could fall a long way due to the ACL injury he suffered the other day at the Senior Bowl practice.

Hey NJ49er,

RE: Building a better beast. I’m thinking Harbaugh is getting off pretty lightly in the minds of most fans. I know, he’s winning so what else matters, and all that. But the team he walked into was full of first rounders and pro bowlers and that situation and the players themselves have mostly just gotten better. He’s had a pretty good beast. He didn’t have the rebuilding or the reconfiguring that most new HCs have to go through while trying to hang onto some of their talent long enough to get a team together. And the more I think about losing the NFC Championship in the same manner we lost the Super Bowl I have to question Harbaugh’s vision. Not the OC’s or the GM’s.

And if it’s the offense or the play calling that brings a complaint, how is that not on Harbaugh? These coaches are all his guys or led by his guys. No surprises, no conflict in the ranks. And especially as it concerns young Colin.

I’d buy that assessment NoFear49er.
      It’s now a question of what’s the reason we didn’t get over the hump, when getting to the summit several times?

I’d say Baalke will play a role in this dilema going into the off season planning.
      Perhaps a Passing Coordinator-type?
      Putting Mangini in there last year seemed odd to me then, didn’t notice much in the way of change either, since he was, and is, a Defensive minded guy.

I can’t hang all of this on Roman.
      He shows signs of having good plans, it just doesn’t flow well enough at times.
      More Pass, less Run?
      Can it be that simple?
      Is he, ( or Harbaugh) capable of opening up the passing phase or, is it a level of development Kaep hasn’t mastered yet?

We’ll likely add some WRs in May, a piece Baalke seems to struggle with at the Draft level.

More questions that need to be answered for sure.

No question there were adequate pieces for Harbaugh to run with.
      I’m with you, question everything, until The Beast is perfected.

As with any young QB, I tend to buy the 3rd year argument, in terms of the light going on for them.

I concur with the three years for most QBs to “get it.” And also the lack of flow to the play calling but my thinking is that Roman in agreement with Harbaugh has a particular plan of attack for an opponent. Who and what to test, what to push, and how we best can get there, etc. If they give CK7 the go to opt out of calls by his pre-snap read those opt-outs could certainly play havoc with the intended flow and Roman getting to the plays that test.

I think I’d feel better if CK7 had tighter controls on what situations he could opt out on for one thing. Keep it simple. Run the play I called unless you see the both safeties and the LBs tighten it up. Roman knows what the defense will do by the personnel package he sends in. There shouldn’t be that many surprises. If he wants to run against a nickle package he’ll send a run with his 11 package, for example. Take it out of CK7’s hands until he gets a little more playing time under his belt.

Of course, Harbaugh must back CK7 in his decision to throw to Crabs but I hope he shows him he had three or four other targets that could have moved the chains with two TOs left and one of them might have been the better choice. Otherwise, there’s no learning going on.

Besides it bugs the shit out of me that Sherman takes all the credit for beating us when we would have still had three more shots (or more) at the score if the ball hadn’t been caught by the linebacker who got no credit anywhere that I can tell.

Absolutely agree NoFear49er.
      Ball was a little too far inside too, but, it happens.
      Since it’s been shared, that Kaep made up his mind from the Pre-Snap read, it’s not something you can put on Roman or Harbaugh so much.

Sherman is a Dick for sure.
      Just adds to the frustration that the loudmouth got the play of the game.
      Kaep had 3 to the left and never looked.
      Yes, it’s aggrevating, no argument.

Kaep will get there.
      His playing time in these big games is important.
      He’s learning in games that most QBs won’t ever get to experience.

I’ll look at that as a plus.
      For now……

Have a great day.

Woulda coulda shoulda is the story of the week. This year and last. I didn’t read that Kappy made the decision to throw to Crabs pre-snap. If so, then he does need to get much better at reading his progressions. I haven’t looked at shit since the game ended, but I did see the int. The pisser is if that throw is 6-12″ to his right, it’s a TD.

Again, though if VD (or Patton) is open over the middle, don’t make the high risk throw. We had 30 seconds, 1st down, 2 timeouts, and the ball at the 18. Whoever was talking about lousy time management misses the fact that Harbaugh didn’t want to leave time on the clock. They were in the perfect position, much like last year, and didn’t get it done. But I’m still of a mind that they do not do a very good job of mixing up their formations and the plays they run out of them. Especially in the red zone.

And again, I think this idea of playing conservative to win in the end is risky and dangerous, when taking shots early to get a bigger lead would be more successful. WAY too many opening drives end in FGs because they go conservative in the red zone. This game is a prime example. We get a gift turnover in the 1st play of the game. Gore up the middle, 2 yard pass to Crabs, 4 yard run by Kappy. 3 points. VERY conservative. Most coaches would take at least one shot at the end zone in that situation. You score a TD there, you’ve set the tone. These games end up being close because we don’t take advantage of early mistakes, and don;t take the aggressive path. Last year it was about falling behind early. This year was about not exploiting the other team’s mistakes. Carolina as well. An early turnover led to a short drive followed by a FG. Both times we played them.

Shit! Just noticed the ‘2104’ Doh!

Duh!

• snarkk says:

Kap said in his post game presser that he saw Crabs one on one vs. Sherman Screamer on the right and decided right there he was throwing that way. Uh, ok. So, if two of the three WRs on the left side are wide open at the 5 yd line, that’s too bad, I’m going to Crabby no matter what, against arguably the best DB in the NFL? Sorry, that’s just dumb, unless Crabby is 6-6 and nicknamed Megatron, or is Larry Fitzgerald wearing the wrong uniform…

Drafting a QB……….NO!

Book it Nippy. One of those 3rd round picks will be a QB.

• rtfirefly says:

Not. We have way too many holes forthcoming . Secondary, receivers, backfield, both lines… What half decent QB will be around in round 3 – don’t go Joe or Brady on me -, anyway? Any longshot will surely (Shirley?) be around later. You want a good backup who’ll fit right into Roman’s offense? Get Tim Terrific, I hear he’ll be available.

If this year proved anything it;s that we have no viable backup QB. We need a vet and someone to develop. We have 13 picks for God’s sake. They will use one on a QB.

On that I agree with you. But why not Tebow? He can hand off with the best of them. Running? No problem. He can always learn how to throw inaccurate fades. Plus, he can even pass lights out on rare occasion (see Steelers, Pittsburgh, playoffs).

Pea Shooter McCoy wasn’t a viable option.Neither is Tebow. Or Vick. Or Sanchez. The suddenly accurate Josh McCown could work out. He’s likely to want a starting gig though, with all the crap starting in some cities (JAX, NYJ, Buff, Oak, etc). Wouldn’t be surprised to see McCown go to the Raiders.

From my friend and yours, Jed York:

Dear Faithful,

On behalf of my family and the entire 49ers organization, I want to thank you, our Faithful fans for your unwavering passion and support. We did not attain our ultimate goal as we all had hoped, but our coaches, players, and staff put together a commendable effort. If the sight of our players working out at our practice facility the day after the NFC Championship is any indication of our team’s desire and determination, you can be assured we are already preparing for next season.

As we closed out our storied history at Candlestick Park, it was special to watch our fans, and our team, come together to celebrate one of the most historic venues in all of sports. We counted down the greatest Candlestick memories while producing a few more. An 89-yard interception return for a touchdown by NaVorro Bowman to seal a Monday Night Football victory and propel us into the postseason, seemed like a truly fitting way to send the ‘Stick off in style.

Now, we look to the future and the opening of Levi’s® Stadium, a building we are determined to make the finest outdoor sports and entertainment venue in the world. All that is special about the Bay Area will be showcased for our fans to enjoy – technology, food, culture, and education. Our 49ers family can not wait to welcome you and yours to our new home this August.

As we enter this offseason with great determination and focus toward improving in every aspect of our organization, we have tremendous anticipation for what 2014 has in store for each and every one of us.

Sincerely,

Jed York

Dear Mr. York:

I can not even afford a pair of Levi’s let alone attend a football game. Anyway my good friend Chuck can so let the party begin! Somebody’s going to be happy. Now Snarkk is another matter. Even if he won the lottery he would be grousing about the taxes!

01/14/2014
    Kelvin Benjamin, Wide Receiver
    Few have Benjamin’s blend of size and speed, a potential matchup nightmare for defensive backs at the next level. He has long arms and does a nice job full extending to create an enormous catching radius for cornerbacks to try and defend. Benjamin needs to show more development and focus at the catch point to complete catches and do a better job finishing with the ball. He is still raw in several areas, including his route running, but his long strides and natural tools makes him a very attractive prospect early in the draft. Benjamin caught the game-winning touchdown in the BCS Championship game and finished the 2013 season with several career-bests.

Bradley Roby, Cornerback
    There are plenty of things to like about Ohio State corner Bradley Roby. While his size is not exactly something that bodes well for the position, Roby is more than capable of using his speed to make plays. This facet was made clear by his

Brian Stork, Center
    Stork received the Rimington Trophy in December 2013, per Kevin McGuire of NBC Sports. The accolade, which is awarded to the best collegiate center in the country, is something that bodes well for Stork’s prospects in the upcoming draft.

Justin Britt, Offensive Tackle

Britt has experience both at left and right tackles, which would give him the flexibility to be a solid backup, and potentially even start at the NFL level for a team seeking his services.
    As the 49ers get into the latter rounds of the draft, their needs no longer encompass immediate impact. Rather at this point, San Francisco is looking for depth and developmental players.

Logan Thomas, Quarterback

Virginia Tech quarterback Logan Thomas is another one of those physical specimens the 49ers would love to see develop into something worthwhile.
    Thomas combines a cannon of an arm along with great speed and rushing prowess—sound familiar to San Francisco’s incumbent quarterback?
    While 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick continues his maturation, San Francisco has to look at the necessity of having a reliable backup under center.
    The 49ers draft quarterback Logan Thomas in the sixth round
    The 49ers trade up to draft Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray in the fifth round by dealing their sixth-round pick and remaining seventh-round picks
    L’Damian Washington, Wide Receiver

According to Rob Rang of CBS Sports, Washington has not developed as the best route-runner and will need to fight for the ball if he ever expects to play at the NFL level.
    Yet Washington does have excellent straight-line speed which, combined with his size, could make an excellent deep threat for any offense looking to spread the field.

Marqise Lee is a first-round talent who may end up going somewhere in the mid-to-late second round. In terms of a pro comparison. Lee could have the dreaded injury tag, which will hurt his draft stock come May. In a injury-plagued season for the USC Trojans, Lee finished with 57 catches and just four touchdowns.In his sophomore season, Lee was a terror against opposing defenses. He put up a monster season, securing 118 catches for 1,721 yards and 14 touchdowns
    Mike Evans : Listed at 6’5” and 225 pounds, Evans is the most physical receiver coming out of the draft. In the NFC West, the 49ers would love to add a physical presence on the outside. Not to mention Evans’ straight-line speed on go routes.
    Zach Mettenberger, QB (LSU): Zach Mettenberger could fit that label of a franchise quarterback and still be had somewhere in the third or fourth round.
    Darqueze Dennard, CB (Michigan State): The best corner in this draft is Darqueze Dennard. Some might point to Justin Gilbert for this label, and while the Oklahoma State product is unbelievably athletic, his technique and physicality is lacking compared to Dennard.
    Sammy Watkins WR Clemson: Watkins has rare speed, burst and quickness at the receiver position. In space, he’s an absolute terror to opposing defenses

Dear Mr York: You will not win Super Bowls until your head coach loosens up a lot more (which he has started to do), your head coach develops a passing attack, and your qb learns to be clutch down the stretch. Kaep’s 0-2, Harbaugh is too tight, and the passing attack sucks. Fix those things, and continue to maintain a great defense, and you’ve got a very real shot at number six. I could give seven shits if the players are there working out the day after. I want the players celebrating the day after a Super Bowl win. The Niners won all those rings because of Walsh and Montana. Kaep and Harbaugh could be Walsh and Montana, but they need to except they still don’t have all the answers. Harbaugh and Kaep have a lot to learn.

Well, they definitely need a new approach to the passing game. For all the complexity of this offense, the passing game is not very sophisticated. I’ve been down on this offense since the playoffs last year. They came out flat and fell behind those games early. This year it was about not taking advantage of mistakes. You get the ball on the 15 yard line after a fumble on the FIRST PLAY, and you go conservative? Brilliant

I don’t know what happened to my other post, but I am going to to this in multiple posts

Kelvin Benjamin, Wide Receiver

Bradley Roby, Cornerback

Brian Stork, Center

Justin Britt, Offensive Tackle

Logan Thomas, Quarterback

The 49ers draft quarterback Logan Thomas in the sixth round

and again

Brian Stork, Center

Justin Britt, Offensive Tackle

chuck, what is up with word press

Not sure. What problems you having?

Ahhh, just checked the spam filter. Not sure why WP randomly flags shit.

How about a fire eating fullback? Someone who will pound for short tough red zone yardage and melt away defensive lines. Perhaps a new center too.

• rtfirefly says:

Draft a fullback, put him on a strict diet of New Mexico chile, and he’ll be breathing and eating fire in no time! Plus, he’ll be melting things he didn’t even know existed…

In conclusion and with deep thought…….BLEEP!

I’m surprised Jim Schembechler doesn’t have three full backs on the roster. Let’s draft a fullback in the first round, keep Turk and Miller, and hell, while we’re at it let’s highlight Miller in the passing game all next year. If we’re lucky we’ll trade Crabtree and Boldin to the Vikings for Toby. Jim Schembechler masturbates over the idea of Owen, Toby, Dixon, Miller and Turk in his dream version of five wides. They’d all start in the backfield in a star formation and then shift out separately, each taking five seconds to do so and then Jim will have to take a timeout before the play clock runs out. If Kaep could orchestrate this ridiculousness think of how happy Jim would make Bo Schembechler.

And while we’re at it, we should load the roster with not only five fullbacks, but we should also load the roster with more old, over- the- hill power rbs like Frank Gore. I bet we could bring Jamal Lewis out of retirement. The Bus? Where’s the Bus? Frank Gore, The Bus, Jamal Lewis, Dixon, Turk, Toby, Owen and Bruce Miller. Now we’re talkin’. Roman and Harbaugh are salivating. But guess what? This mentality is how you get failed fades to Crabtree in crunch time in back to back years. It’s really not Kaep’s fault. Jim and Greg just have no clue how to orchestrate a passing attack. Ironic for a former NFL qb.

The offense………..WOOF!

I’m not as jazzed as everyone else is about all these picks. If anything, Harb/alkke have proven they have no clue how to draft a WR. They let Allen go to SD and misfire on the WR’s they do draft.

Flavor it’s all about hitting positions of need when shopping in deeper talent pools.
      Extra Picks are shopping money on Draft Day too.
      Baalke has utilized the Draft Day game to his advantage.
      Picks offset Cap dollars for the Vets and needed extensions to retain home-grown talent.

More Picks, more options.
      Move up, Trade back.
      The real talent is, knowing where to slot the guys you want, without overpaying.
      Baalke has a pretty good track record between paying FAs and Drafting raw talent.

2 areas of need this May, WR and DBs, both groups have plenty of depth.
      Could see him spend Picks for 2 of each, we’ll see how he plays the hand.

Why would they draft WRs with Alex Smith leading the charge?

Maybe they haven’t shown any ability to develop WRs yet but they DO know how to rob big brother’s roster for ‘em.

I agree about the number of picks we’ve got, too. I think Baalke goes BPA all the way. Have to wait and see what we can get in FA.
    We seem to do as well signing the undrafted guys. Just hit three of the top five.

That’s the trick now days NoFear49er.
      Bargain hunting.
      It offsets the huge Contracts needed for QBs and otehr proven Veteran talent.
      The Rookie Cap has eased the burden substantially.

What’s important to a teams’ success now is, the GM and Salary Cap Mgt.
      Let Snyder and others pay the Haynesworth, Goldson and Mike Wallace-type Contracts.
      Since we’re back in the SB conversation again, guys are often more willing to sacrifice a few $Million to have a shot at the hardware.

Draft Picks are cheap.
      As Baalke has proven, keeping a few extra Picks in your pocket allows a margin for error too.

Also agree about the BPA philosophy too NoFear49er.
      Guys like Lawerence Okoye for example.
      Costs them nothing to develop him.
      Tramaine Brock, small school project Pick.
      Hangs on, makes the starting Roster and, got his money because he worked for it.

I’ve always been an advocate of getting those Mid Rd gems when you can.
      Lunch Pail guys. No fluff, just Blue Collar football players most often.

I’m intrigued with the CB that tore his ACL in Senior Bowl practice last week too, Aaron Colvin.
      Like Lattimore and Tank, we can afford to Red Shirt a guy and get him healthy, while getting a bargain due to injury.

Every team needs those 1st Rd Picks to hit. It’s always a roll of the dice.
      Give me those 2-4th Rd guys that have something to prove.

Yeh Phil, I’m boycotting it.
    Eff Seattle, with a capital EFF.

Hope they crash and burn.
    No interest in this game whatsoever since those A$$holes got in.

First time in my life I won’t be pulling for the NFC.
      No love for Peyton either so, send Dick and his LOB Goons to the Heartbreak Hotel.

• philippinefan says:

Yeah that would be sweet. And if the Broncs win then maybe Manning leaves and Del Mar pipes down?

37. philippinefan says:

And for that matter who do people like for the SB? Most I assume are fer Denver. I know I am. Is Seattle favored? Fuck them. Go Broncs!

We’ve been in single the digits this past week.
      Early reports for SB Sunday calling for freezing rain, low to mid 30s.
      Probably favors the running game, which could benefit Seattle but, we can always hope for a miracle.

Football officially ended for me last weekend.
      All about Scouting and Draft prep now.
      Go Baalke.

My brother in Denver will just add to his Broncos shrine in his den. So, 2-0 Denver in quintuple overtime. At least that way they’ll be asterisks all over the place.

Works for me RT.
      Absolutely nothing would make me happier, than to see Dick checking into the Heartbreak Hotel.
      Moron.

On second thought, they’re playing the Seaturkeys. Go Peyton!

Hey NJ49er,

Too bad you won’t get to enjoy the game. How about a stealth HALO jump over the field with a Niners banner streaming just before the Anthem? You still won’t get to see the game unless they have it on in the lock up, but you’d want to keep the tape.

I’m too much a fan of good football to sit it out. I’m rooting for the Denver Mannings and staying tuned for the post game rant from Sherman.

I hope Peyton gets another ring if for no other reason than to quiet half his critics yakking about what a no-talent he is because he’s only got one ring. The other half wouldn’t care if he had five.

Not a bad plan NoFear49er :-D
      I had planned to attend a SB Party until our game ended as miserably as it did.
      I’ll take the Sunday pay instead now.

The way the NY/NJ Port Authority is fleecing everyone in attendance with $51/head Shuttle Fees, I’m inclined to think His Roundness, NJ Gov Christie has something devious in mind anyway.
      First the GWB, then Sandy Relief Funds in exchange for Hoboken Real Estate Development, now SB Shuttle fees. It never ends over here.

A nice cold weather jump, as you describe would certainly be worth the incarceration experience.
      Problem is I’d likely be treated as a terrorist, long before I’d get any credit for representing for my team.
      I’d imagine the US DOHS would shoot anything that moves in that airspace anyway.

I’m with you, go Peyton.
      Down with the Legion of Goons.

Where’s that drunken Dennis? Underneath a table again? Go Dennis!

New thread is up.