Happy Father’s Day

To all you fathers out there, have a nice relaxing day. It helps to have really good kids. New day, fresh start and all that.

About these ads

23 Responses to Happy Father’s Day

Happy Father’s Day. This one rings a little too close to home…

To The Tune Of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.

Oh you better not shout, you better not cry,
    You better not pout, I’m tellin’ you why,
    Daddy’s home and I think he’s drunk.

He’s walkin’ real slow, he slurs when he speaks,
    I don’t even think he’s shaved in two weeks,
    Daddy’s home and boy is he drunk,

He spent most of our money on Johnny Walker Black
    And then he took all of the rest and lost it at the track.
    Sooooooo….

You better not pout, you better not cry,
    I don’t like that look in his eye,
    Daddy’s home and I think he’s….
    Daddy’s home and boy is he…….
    Daddy’s home and he’s really drunk!

This is one of your most controversial threads but you’re bad ass enough to pull it off. :) happy Dad’s Day, Chuck

3. rtfirefly2 says:

Great “football” movie on TCM right now.
    Son is a star collegiate QB but a wild man, and out driving drunk he gets his gal killed.
    His son is the Governor of the State, rich and corrupt.
    After the tragedy, the Son proves to be 100x the man his Father the Gov is.
    Movie’s not over yet, so I don’t know the ending.

4. rtfirefly2 says:

I meant his “Dad” is Guv. LOL. I’m not watching my typing because I’m watching the flick.

5. rtfirefly2 says:

It was the story of Huey Long, the Fascist Guv of Louisiana, thinly veiled.
    The insiders are describing it now.
    Smokey and the Bandit on tonight. Think I’ll stay up and watch it again.
    Jackie Gleason and Burt Reynolds.

The young actor who plays King Joffrey on GoT is named Jack Gleeson. Even with the different spelling, there was no way in hell he could go by “Jackie.”

Happy Fathers Day Dad’s, past and present.

It’s Father’s Day. It’s his birthday. Final round at the U.S. Open.

Go Lefty!

Always the bridesmaid . . .

It truly pains me to be a Lefty fan. I’m not ashamed to admit it, I love Phil. Always have. Phil epitomizes what I strive and struggle to be as a man. I’m not talking about golf, it’s Phil’s demeanor and actions off the green that inspires me.

It’s been well documented that Phil left to go see his daughter, Amanda, graduate from the eighth grade. I wish I could say I would have done the same thing. But I’m selfish, I would have stayed on the golf course, and practiced some more in search of my first U.S. Open title.

Amanda is his oldest daughter. She was born the day after the 1999 U.S. Open at Pinehurst No. 2, where Phil carried a beeper and pledged to withdraw if Amy, his wife, had gone into labor.

Phil was in contention on Sunday as, Amy, was back home and due any minute with their first child. But it never beeped, and he made it to 18 with a chance to win his first Major. Lefty’s 25-foot birdie putt came up just inches short, and Payne Stewart’s par putt from 15 ft. fell in. That was the longest winning putt in U.S. Open history. Just moments after Stewart drained that putt, he cupped Mickelson’s head and told him, “You’re going to be a father!”

I don’t know that feeling. Probably never will. But Phil was a winner that day. Regardless of the scoreboard.

Phil is a good man, husband and father. Maybe someday I could say the same.

From “History of the World Part I.”

Count da Money: “It is said that the people are revolting.”
    Louis XVI: “You said it, they stink on ice.”

That’s where I get it from…they stink on ice. Count da Money? de Monet. de Monet…

Come to think of it, my entire vocabulary comes from a Mel Brooks production…
    “Excuse me while I whip this out…”

Don’t be saucy, Bernaise . . .

“Werewolf?”

“There, wolf. Over there.”

Must say, Mel Brooks is one of my all-time favorites, Dennis. Saw a tribute to Richard Pryor on Showtime the other day, and Mel was talking about Blazing Saddles. I had no idea that Pryor was one of the screenwriters for that movie, and that he was slated to star in the movie. Brooks said “I wrote all the ‘n*gger’ jokes and Richard wrote all the Mongo and Hedley jokes.” The decision to pull Pryor from the movie came from the Universal CEO and board of directors.

15. rtfirefly2 says:

Just had a fantastic movie on TCM with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. I think it was called “The Angry Truth” but I’m not sure; I was laughing too hard.
    Cary Grant was one of the greatest comedic actors of all time, and movie was about a couple who always fight, and he’s a bigtime womanizer (which he was in real life with his 9 wives).
    Ralph Bellamy was the naïve rich oilman and rancher from Oklahoma visiting New York who falls for Irene Dunne.
    She’s faithful and pulls out every woman’s trick in the woman’s handbook to change Cary Grant and keep him.
    They don’t fall in love for real until minutes before their divorce becomes final. She tortures him and teases him up until the very end to get revenge.
    Great stuff, TCM, sometimes. It’s Ralph Bellamy Day and this one has Jimmy Cagney in it.

16. rtfirefly2 says:

This isn’t a football story. This is real life. The LL went to the Section 8 woman two doors down and threatened her with immediate eviction if she didn’t stop yelling and spying on people.
    I had to come out to see what was going on. LL’s Mom has a room on the other side and I waved at her, and she waved back. She never did that at first.
    Then LL comes over a couple minutes later and asks me if I’m alright. I told him I had a tough day yesterday because of Father’s Day.
    He told me if I needed anything, he would get it. When he thought he was having a heart attack last month, he came to me. I offered to take him to Emergency right then and there.
    I’m too old to do it without friends and he is a great one. We talk all the time about all kinds of things.
    In fact, I bought this computer from him.
    I’m watching romance movies today on TCM. Great stuff.

Aren’t any of you going to get arrested for being drunk and disorderly? Come on somebody do this blog proud!

If you kick Dennis out of the van we’ll get a drunk in public . . .

19. rtfirefly2 says:

“Arsenic and Old Lace” Cary Grant, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff.
    Cary finds himself living with some crazy aunts who lie to seduce old men, poison them, and bury them in the cellar.
    Cary is the only sane one in the movie but he’s beginning to believe he’s inherited their insanity.
    Then Peter Lorre and his monster Boris Karloff show up.
    Surprise ending, too, which I will not give away.
    I loved the crazy old man blowing his bugle and charging up the stairs thinking it’s San Juan Hill.
    I don’t know, in my top 10? Top 5? It’s up there I know that for certain.

New thread is up . . .