Welllll, Wasn’t That Special?

Somethings wrong with the timestamps, and Spitty has vowed to leave. THere was much rejoicing. TT has been banned for obvious reasons, and meanwhile, the stomach turns. Didn’t think this place would be reminiscent of Fernwood. I suppose this is what happens when there’s nothing happening in Ninerland.

Sooooooo, what’s new? Got to start something different, if only to keep my sanity in check. How bout them Giants? Another come-from-behind win.

Aaaaaaaand Faith Hill left Sunday Night Football. Not a big country fan, but here’s who she is:
faithhill

About these ads

33 Responses to Welllll, Wasn’t That Special?

I put up a pretty lengthy reply to your Mock Draft proposal Chuck.
    It got plastered out of sequence.
    Seems there’s a bug in the machine huh?

I’ll copy the bulk it forward just to see if it stays in order…..

Chuck I gave up years ago, trying to complete an all out Mock Draft.
    I prefer the ‘Board’ approach, similar to what the War Rooms use.
    Stack the guys that I like, see if I match any of the answers on Draft Weekend.
    I think we all have a pretty good idea what the position needs are.
    The money is in the slotting.
    The good GMs get there fits throughout the Rds.
    Way too many variables to deal with.

Probably even more uncertainty now, with the Rookie Cap, enabling Teams to climb up the Board without committing Cap Suicide in the process.

I’d prefer to stay at 31.
    If the right guy isn’t there, Teams looking to deal up will come calling.
    I believe there is enough depth at our ‘need’ positions, to be patient.
    No need to reach but, with extra Picks at our disposal, we have the ability to leap frog a few slots if warranted.
    I buy into the philosophy that Baalke wants 6-8 guys from this Class along with some extra Picks into 2014.
    We shall see.

There are internal bugs, and then there are the external ones . . .

Yeah, I doubt I’ll hit more than 1 or 2, but still, why not? I don’t really thinnk they move up in the draft, but I’ve been wrong about Baalke before. And with all these picks, he can pretty much do what he wants. Including trading up for Vaccaro at 15.

I’d say Star or Vacarro would make sense too if we were to entertain a jump up in Rd1.

Austin could go way earlier than I’d have hoped a couple of months ago.
      Having paid attention to his College career, I was always impressed with his ability in the open field.
      Very Welker-esque. Hoping LMJ or Kyle could provide similar impact going forward.
      I just hope we don’t have to defend Tavon in our Division.
      Kid is a terror.

I think this League is fast becoming a Track Meet as less and less contact is being permitted.
      Speed and height is my flavor of the Month with this Draft Class.

If by chance he lands in St Louis, Baalke will no doubt seek a CB that matched up well with him in College.
      Somewhat of an advantage to Draft behind your Division rivals in that regard.

StL needs safeties in a bad way with the overhyped Craig Dahl coming to the Niners and Quentin Mikell as yet unsigned as well. I think they go that way, but I know less about their draft strategy than ours.

I think he probably will move up in round 1, he has the capital to spend and with high pick rookies being inexpensive he gets to take a high level talent at a budget price the year following a SB appearance. A chance like that doesn’t come along too often, I don’t see him wasting the opportunity.

Should make for an interesting Thursday Night in Rd1.
      We’re holding plenty of ammunition if the opportunity arises.
      It’s going to be interesting to see if Baalke tries to jump ahead of St Louis.

All comes down to a willing Trade partner.

Think there’s any chance Baalke tries to move Carlos in that right scenario?
    With Nnamdi aboard at little to no cost to the Cap, Carlos is suddenly looking way overpaid, especially in the Slot role.
    I’m thinking NYJ if the Revis deal is completed with TB.
    Just a little something to kick around.
    Or not.

Oh yeah. I wouldn’t be too surprised. Yeremaih Bell signed, and he’s 35. Adrian Wilson signed w/ the Pats and he’s 33. Rogers should be seen as a definite bargaining chip. Miami is drafting at 12 and they need CBs. Baalke could definitely work a trade with them with Rogers and a pick or 2 to move up to 12.

Miami could get Rogers, trade back, and still get a good CB at 31.

I wouldn’t swap Carlos for Nmandi without seeing what each has in TC. Carlos was still a decent CB last year, not as good as the year before, a trend?

Culliver stays at CB. 4 way TC competition between Cully, Brown, Carlos and Nmandi for starter. If Nmandi or Carlos lose a starting position loser gets cut.

Pick a starting caliber rookie and have a 3 way open competition with Dhal and Whittner. Nobody gets cut.

My 2c today.

Culliver, for all his SB failures, was better than anyone else at CB. Just about everyone else vanished in the playoffs. Granted, the meek pass rush had something to do with that, but still and all, the Niners were inexplicably torched in all the playoff games early. They stiffened as the games went on, but by then they were down big.

I read the Niners think they can upgrade Brown, possibly with Nmandi. IMO I thought Brown and Rodgers had about an even year and Culliver was the best of the 3. Nmandi is an unknown quantity and only TC and pre-season will show what he still has.

As trade bait Rodgers makes the most sense, verifiable skillset, still relatively cheap to other teams but more expensive than Nmandi if the team thinks he is still viable. Good problems to have with the draft almost here.

11. RTFirefly says:

I’m not posting here anymore. Since Dennis was thoughtlessly and recklessly put on IR, my agent has advised me to hold out in a show of solidarity.

Dennis IR’ed himself. I didn’t ban him. The only one I banned was TT for his incessant baiting of Spitty, and the final straw of trying to incite a race war or whatever the fuck he was trying to do.

Spitty professes to be posting somewhere else. Again, through no action of mine. I do the guy a favor and he acts like a butt-hurt bitch. Whatever.

In breaking NEWS Tremaine Brock, CB, signed his tender offer.

I understand Dennis claims umbrage with the assumption that he fell off his chair due to some side-effect of his Budweiser Booster Club Gold Star status. It’s like on hearing of a shark attack injury one assumes bite marks rather than a gunshot wound and the shark is upset about the picture that paints.

Broken clavicle injury would make keyboarding, or daily living for that matter, rather unpleasant. More pharmaceuticals? Is it possible? Sorry about your injury, Dennis. Get better soon.

Speaking of Budweiser, I tried some Black Crown recently and was reminded of why I don’t drink horse piss.

Spitblood will be back. And Bullit will strike again. Immutable laws of the blog world. Thanks for the respite, Chuck, no matter how brief.

My heart goes out to those injured and killed in Boston. Tragic. Stupid fucking people. Wonder who these clowns are.

• Grumpy Guy says:

I don’t want to know, actually. That’s why these things are done – for the attnetion. To their cause, or whatever bullshit they are peddling. Better to kill them, dump them in a deep dark hole and forget them, than to make them the Demigods du Jour of CNN.

• NoFear49er says:

All sorts of speculation and bad reporting pushed out as facts for the next few days, as per usual.

Multiple sources reporting a Saudi national being looked at while others go to great lengths denying same.

However it goes I hope it’s handled better than Ft. Hood or Benghazi and the investigation doesn’t get smothered by State and Barry’s admin blaming a YouTube video.

This is the Draft Class to get the entire Secondary younger.
    Whitner and Rogers are obvious.
    The next tier will get challenged.
    Next comes the Post Draft casualties where the real bargains can be had on short term rental deals while the Draftees come of age.

I’d be willing to bet that Carlos’ price tag is favorable in a Trade scenario, high in terms of our other pending Contracts and the impact it has overall on the current Cap.

Another guy who comes to mind, Tolzien.
    The NYJ have about a dozen QBs on the Roster now and, none of them matter.
    Tolzien is likely better than any QB coming into this Draft too.
    Harbaugh is now respected as the QB Whisperer, much like Andy Reid was for years.
    Not that I’m lobbying for him but, Tebow might be more valuable to Harbaugh from a Read Option perspective than Tolzien.
    Looking forward to getting all the speculation answered next week.

Players for Picks, Players and Picks. plenty of extra ammunition to deal with, it’s gonna be interesting.

Tebow? Say it ain’t so. Don’t want that circus in town. Smith couldn’t run the play option but they figured out a way to make him successful. Tolzien looks half decent to me from what I’ve seen. I’d rather have Tolzien than Teblow.

No way I’m lobbying for him 12th, just making the comparison in styles.
        I think Tolzien would be the QB too.
        The NYJ have a definite need for a QB, Tebow being a misfit of course.

Just trying to devise a scenario where we might use our Players in a Picks Pkg perhaps to move up the Board.

As Aldon and AJ came from left field on Draft Day, I’m expecting the unexpected.

I bet Chuck doesn’t get one pick right. All I can afford is a buck. Five bucks goes to my van. Damn what an oil slick underneath that thing! I need a beer. Where’s all the turkeys? Banned again?

18. RTFirefly says:

Faith Hill has left Sunday Night Football.
    Who is Faith Hill and for which team and what position did she play?

… Not sure how to post a pic in a comment

RTF, a pic of faith is in the main thread . . .

You’re welcome . . .