. . . Horse Latitudes . . . Doldrums . . . Sargasso Sea . . .

Nothingsville. This is the least favorite time for sports fans. Baseball is on the horizon, basketball’s meaningless 1st season is in full swing. Yay. Not. Hockey got a late start and no one noticed. The Sharks won 7 in a row and now can’t buy a win. ZZZzzz… The Dubs are mired in a 5 game losing streak. Will they make the playoffs? Well, if they do, they are toast anyway. They are a decent young team that lives and dies by the 3. Bogut? Curry? If they could stay healthy, they might make noise, but both are a twisted ankle from missing 3 months.

The Niners? Well, we already discussed the departure of Tom Gamble to the Iggles. Apparently Tom’s dad was in the Iggle employ for 30 years or some shit. Bully. Adios, Tom. Not too too big a worry, as Baalke seems to have a pretty good handle on draft/personnel moves. I don’t think it was all Gamble behind the scenes.

Other than that, what? Talk draft for 2 months? More Alex Smith?  Gaaaaaaaaaaaaak. Shoot me now.

About these ads

155 Responses to . . . Horse Latitudes . . . Doldrums . . . Sargasso Sea . . .

1. Alleykat says:

We could talk about your header all the way down Lincoln run i guess.

Let’s talk politics while my ex girlfriend tells me via text what an asshole I am on Valentine’s Day. Poor girl.

The Republicans are pretty much wrong all the time. They’ve been exposed. Let’s make a list of Republican agendas they’ve been wrong about over the last decade. Global warming…… if any of you have the stomach for it, watch NOVA’s Earth from Space about NASA satellites. It could be the most amazing show I’ve watched on television in years. Global warming? It’s here, no doubt. Remember when Karl Rove tried to tell us there was no global warming because he wanted to sell more oil? Still buying that Republican agenda? If Karl Rove tells Walmart Republicans the earth is flat, they’re all for it.

What about gay marriage and the Republican’s desire to “protect the sanctity of marriage?” Wasn’t Newt championing the “sanctity of marriage,” while leaving his terminally ill wife on her death bed as he remarried? How’d that work out for you, Republicans?

And what about this past economic disaster? George Bush turned his back on Wall Street without regulation, which to be fair started under Clinton, but Bush was either asleep at the wheel or he honestly thought no regulation was a good thing. Whoops!

And now the Democrats own the Hispanic vote and are championing fair immigration reform while Republicans look on is dismay as Canton, Ryan and Boehner try desperately to the get the Tea Party in line so they aren’t so fractionalized in Congress.

The Fiscal Cliff? Boehner got played, and played again. Amazing he hasn’t been crying daily since the election. Obama got his revenue, is seeing his approval rating rise, Obamacare (which Romney and Kennedy actually created) is actually lowering costs already, and Wall Street can no longer leverage the President.

For the last ten years it’s been class war in America – and because of Bush, the upper class laid waste to the middle class. Can I ask you something? Honestly? If you don’t make $400k per year, why in the world would you vote Republican? Global warming? Gay marriage? The economy? Wall Street? The Housing Market? Republicans are fools if they make less than $400k a year. Sarah Palin? Michelle Bochman? Now this Rubio clown? Who’s going to run in 2016 against Biden or Hillary? Ryan? Jeb Bush? Rubio? Please. Obama is fighting for the middle class now, and winning.

I’ll tell you this, and the President touched on it in his State of the Union speech. Just trying to cut everything like the Tea Party does isn’t an agenda with sustainability. That’s for sure. If the Tea Party wants to stick, they need to do more than just say no. And America is with me on this one…. trust me. If the Tea Party, Cantor and Ryan want to let the future debt ceiling be their leverage, it’ll destroy the Tea Party….. and the President knows it. With the Republican’s past track record, they can’t afford to use the debt ceiling as leverage. If they do, it’ll destroy the Tea Party. Better play ball, Cantor…. you fuck.

I’m Spitblood, and I approve this message.

• NoFear49er says:

I can’t help but picture you wearing your Obama mask and shaking the hell out of your red, white and blue pom poms trying to hide the hammer and sickle tattoo on your forehead as I read that. The MSM has scored another dupe. Too bad, that’s a non-win.

I can’t believe some of the chat show stuff where people say the Niners should keep Alex. And, I guess Jed actually said something like that — maybe to up the trade price? They just both need to let the divorce happen, however it happens, and move on. His selection by Nolan in the draft was a star-crossed deal, that’s just the reality of it. It never worked out, and we all can recite the various reasons. But, it’s more than past the time to cut ties. Sheezus, get the divorce done, and let’s all get on with our lives…

Yeah, i think that Jed talk is trictly to (hopefully) raise his value. There is no way it rains in indianapolis in the summer time, and there’s no way in this damned cursed universe that Alex Smith stays.

I’ve said for years that the Niners and Alex seem to be trapped in some kind of malevolent vortex neither can escape from. If Kappy’s emergence as the chosen one doesn’t cause his departure, then it really is some kind of Faustian deal to keep the two parties joined together for all eternity.

Psychotic venom is definintely better on the rocks . . .

Shit, even Smith’s most ardent supporters have to think it’s time for him to move on. There’s no way I see him staying in a backup role. If so, he’s banking on a catastrophic injury to Kappy. And that’s weak sauce.

Anyone like cruises? That ship they pulled in to Mobile was sure a winner for the cruise industry.

If one of you homos suggests we bring in Charles Woodson, I’ll bitch slap you. The dude’s 38. He’s not better than Culliver or Cox…… or Trenton.

The Chiefs are going after my boy, Bowe. Too bad. We need a big bodied receiver who can catch the ball with this hands above his body. That’s Bowe….

Really liking this Fresno State safety Phillip Thomas. Kid can play.

The voices in your head chattering again? How about you stick to what is said, and not what you think we’ll say.

Gawd. What a maroon.

Reid ainl;t nobody’s fool. Of course he wants Bowe. All he needs now is a QB. Hello, Alex Smith.

Heard someone suggest that if Smith stays he’ll be too classy to complain. There’s classy and then there’s weak. If Smith takes his role as backup without trying to start else-where that’s what Smith will always be – a backup. Smith has to fight to stay a starter in the eyes of the NFL. I don’t know if I can see him doing that. Think about it. Do you see Smith doing an interview where he says, “I want to be released!” Reports came out that he said that, but he later denied he said that. If the 49ers want Smith as an 8 million dollar backup (which I hope they don’t) then Smith needs to fight his way out of that arrangement. My guess is the 49ers have already told Smith they’re playing a game and will do the right thing by Smith if they can’t get compensation for him. People are throwing around a 1st or 2nd for Smith. I think the 49ers would be lucky to get a 5th. Lucky to get compensation at all…..

Like I said, Who the fuck knows anymore?

If Smith wants to stay as a backup, he’s a fool. Not only yhat, he’s a wimp. The dude has put up with a world of shit, but really. Stay? Why? THIS is about the best possible scenatrio to BE a decent to good QB. There’s nothing in the draft. There’s nothing in FA. Little in trade.

If the Niners WERE hopeful about his return, then they won’t cut him. If that’s their play, then they are hoping for a trading partner. Which may or may not happen. Either way, the second week of March will be Alex’s last with the Niners.

• Spitblood says:

I think that’s the fundamental difference between you and I, Chuck, regarding this entire Smith deal. I think the other NFL teams that need a qb have a lot more options than you do. I believe there’s qb talent in this year’s draft (not as much as the previous two, but talent none-the-less), and I believe there are free agent options who will be cheaper than Alex Smith, with a higher potential ceiling. In my opinion, that means Smith will be released or compensation will be a lot less than hoped for.

Who? Bulger? Jason Campbell? Gradkowski? Gross Rexman? Good luck, skippy. Yeah, they’ll be cheaper, but they will suck balls hard. There ain’t shit out there.

The difference between you and me is I see Smith for what he is. A good QB who can do well for a team with some talent. Like KC or Cleve. He’s not going to carry a team on his back, but he isn’t going to Romo (or Cutler) his way out of winning games. Teams like KC or Cleve would be HAPPY to sniff the playoffs. Smith could get them there.

• Spitblood says:

Nick Foles, Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Matt Hasselbeck, Chad Henne …… some of these guys will become free agents by being released or others could be traded for. I believe in Matt Moore. His numbers weren’t much different last year than Alex Smith’s, and Smith had Harbaugh. Moore had…. In the draft there’s potential first rounders like Geno Smith and Barkley…. and there will be gems like Matt Scott out of Arizona. You wait… options will dry up for Smith if he’s not released quick.

• Spitblood says:

By “last year,” I mean 2011.

Hasselhof? Tales from the Crypt? Foles? Joke and joker. Flynn ain’t going anywhere. Henne as well. They are solid backups until proven otherwise. And their teams will not let them go for now. Barkley is the 2nd coming of Hot-tub Matt Leinart. G-Smith could be something. But he is more than likely a work in progress. At best.

Eagles have already said they are keeping Nick Foles and he and Mike Vick will have an open QB competition. Hasslebeck was actually the QB was talking about using a walking frame and his is so old it’s rusty. Flynn has no game history worth speaking about. Matt Moore is the back up in Miami and I haven’t heard anything about him leaving the team. Chad Henne is still under contract with Jacksonville and unless they trade for Smith I would think he will stay there as Gabbert has yet to do much.

None of these guys has anything close to Smith’s recent record. Smith is without doubt the pick of the bunch if he is available.

11. Apropos nothing, good it’s off season as we busy busy with important work shit over here.
    Glad this is happening after da season. Wake me up when there is some Niner news not regarding Sir Alex.

Hope Dennis is sober.

So, if it hasn’t been brought up yet, I’ll be the first to say it: What has happened to Dennis? I don’t read the blog every day but I can’t remember seeing a post from him since the Super Bowl. Dead? Still in mourning? I’ve sent him a couple of emails that he didn’t respond to.
    Berger, if you’re out there, can you shed any light on the whereabouts of The Greatest Peyton Manning Lover to Have Ever Lived?

I’ve been spending the majority of my time down at the creek feeding the ducks. I did a lot of thinking. Did quite a bit of no thinking as well. Just stood there. On the bridge. Tossing out bread. But when I walked down tonight, bread in hand, there was nary a Mallard to be seen. Male or female. So I came back here.

Would anyone like some bread?

Flav, if you don’t already know by now, BLACK CAVIAR returns tonight in her native Australia in a race that is now aptly named after herself. How bout that. Probable post is 9:30 PT. LIVE on TVG.

It should be a walk in the park. She could feed the ducks along the way…

The American Dream isn’t dead, but the Republican Party has a pillow over its mouth and is smoothing that dream to death. We believe that in America upward mobility is possible, but the reality is that upward mobility is less likely in America NOW than in many other countries.

Today, lobbiests write the bills. If you watch the link I provided above, the redistribution of wealth exponentially grew in favor of the wealthiest American in 2006. I wonder who resided in the White House then?

Upward mobility is so distant you have to know someone to get rich. The barriers to entry are enormous. To get rich the wealthiest have to like you. The Tea Party creates a “good ole’ boy” network. Why? Because the rich have access now to America’s debt and to writing bills. Our 17 trillion dollar national debt is simply the debt our richest Americans carry. If we default, the richest Americans no longer can just write blank checks that our future generations will inherit. So enter the Tea Party. All they’re about is lowering the debt, poor programs be damned – they don’t care. Slash and burn because if we don’t the rich will no longer be able access the national debt.

Right now we’re about to go off an extended “fiscal cliff.” Obama got his revenue, but we’re about to have massive speeding cuts on programs for the poor. Cantor, Ryan, McConnel, Boehner and Democrat Chuck Schumer have you all duped. All they care about is lowering the national debt, poor and middle class be damned. It’s class warfare in America, and I guarantee there are others who see this and there will be a backlash. The pendulum will swing. It began with a cluttered, ill advised “Occupy” movement, but the timing wasn’t right, and the message wasn’t clear. There will be another uprising, and that uprising will be more credible, more focused, and more effective. Especially if the upcoming spending fight is lost by the poor once again. I think Obama sees all of this and is fighting for the middle class. I think the good ole boy mentality that is connected to a lack of upward mobility is what makes the blind hate Obama. I, for one, think Obama could go down as one of the best presidents in American history – because of the huge spike in the redistribution of wealth, and how he’s fighting the battle for the middle class. If you don’t make $250k per year, you’re a flat out moron for voting Republican.

• NoFear49er says:

Seek help. Immediately if not sooner.

Free speech is a great thing, but crazy talk is still just crazy talk.

• Spitblood says:

It’s okay if you buy into the game, hoping to get ahead with like-minded thinking of your older friends. It’s okay to attack me also, because I’m gonna attack you. You need to take a long, long look in the mirror, No Fear. Tell me….. are you getting richer? Is life getting easier with your talk of constitution and Atlas Shrugged? No? I wonder why….

• NoFear49er says:

It’s no game. There are too many riding in the cart and too few pulling it. The only direction we can go like that is downhill. Special interests and so-called protected classes are running the country into the ground, not the people paying 95% of the freight. They aren’t the problem.

Don’t worry about me. I’ve had successful careers and businesses. I’m doing fine and want to keep it that way. The only way this experiment continues to work is small government laced up by the restrictions set up in the Constitution. Taking money from the folks that create the wealth to effectively buy the votes of those who refuse to support themselves is a dead-end street and a disaster for the country.

Are you riding or pulling? Do you think everyone should pay taxes or just those doing better than you? Should folks just taking money out of the system year after year be able to vote themselves more benefits?

• Spitblood says:

Yes, but who owns the special interests? It’s class warfare in America. The special interests actually write the bills and they hand them to congressmen with all the legalities considered, and our congressmen and women pass those bills in the interest of the wealthiest Americans. This creates a poor and even lower middle class without much hope because the guy working for $45,000 a year with three kids is now up against it in America. He’s lost his house, lost his pension, lost his retirement and all his savings. That dude now has mental health issues, and he’s struggling to look his wife in the eye when he comes home. And now Eric Canton and Paul Ryan want to cut all the programs that could help that guy recover? Is that a coincidence?

I completely agree we have too many people going for a ride, but I don’t agree that cutting their programs is the answer. NoFear – even you know people, at their core, are good. They want to live in dignity, with self respect and pride. But if you take away his retirement, his union, this dream of upward mobility – then take away his home and stress his life to the Nth degree, he’s going to end up on some government program. And preaching that he’s weak and you’re strong doesn’t say much about you.

Look at the correlation between the redistribution of wealth in America and all the people now on food stamps. It’s not a coincidence. You can’t ship jobs overseas, successfully attack the unions, have a housing bubble, turn America into a service industry, and cut all the social programs and expect people to still rise up just because. People who do are commendable, but people who do are definitely in the minority right now.

You write, “Taking money from the folks that create the wealth to effectively buy the votes of those who refuse to support themselves is a dead-end street and a disaster for the country.” This isn’t what’s happening in America. The poor’s vote isn’t being bought. Our congressmen are being bought by the wealthiest to circumnavigate the poor’s vote.

I’m tellin’ you, NoFear. People in general want to work, want live with pride and dignity and want to see their lives progress and their families succeed. But right now, that’s impossible. Fortunately it’s starting to change…. slowly the pendulum will swing and you’ll start to see fewer and fewer people taking handouts.

You ask about me? I’ve never taken a dime from our US government. No handouts, no free rides. I pay my taxes, and even do volunteer work from time to time. I’ve educated myself thoroughly – putting myself through college and completing masters work. I too have had successful businesses. But unlike you, I’m not retired, and I’m not sitting on a nest egg hoping to Jesus that they don’t come and take it away, all the while trying to play the good soldier. I have to reinvent myself, and will, but the game is rigged right now. The American Dream isn’t dead, but the rich have a strangle hold on it. That’s not what America is all about. I think you’d agree with some of this….

• Spitblood says:

Here’s a good example, NoFear, of what I’m talking about. Still, even four years after Bush, we still don’t have good bank regulation. Watch the link in its entirety. This is an elected official asking Federal regulators if they’ve taken any banks to court. Amazing response.

America is afraid to disrupt Wall Street for fear of another collapse. As America gets stronger, Wall Street will have more regulation. But we aren’t there yet. It’s a fine line. The rich in America don’t care about our economy collapsing.

I honestly believe, and most experts would say the same thing, if the Tea Party cuts entitlements and social programs next month, we’ll see the start of another recession. But I believe the truly rich in America want another recession. Look at how the redistribution of wealth from 2008 until now has benefited the wealthiest Americans. Why do they want a strong economy? It’s class warfare.

No NoFear, The question is should the wealthy have all the loophole advantages (tax and otherwise) that the middle class and poor don’t. As in Romney paying 15% and his underlings 29%. The game is was and will be rigged to favor the wealthy. I have no problem with moving on up, but the wealthy get access to entitlement programs, deferments, and breaks that the middle class and lower don’t.

As usual, you fall into the bullshit theory of poor=lazy.

Spit I can’t see Baalke spending to acquire Lotulelei but, I’d be in favor for moving up for either Richardson or Floyd.
    They could be in the Mid Rd area by early forecasts.

If we stand pat at 31, I’m also leaning toward Jesse Williams (assuming he’s there), if not, perhaps the better option between a DB or DE?

• Spitblood says:

NJ – Do you ever look at those draft pick trade value charts? I used to. I don’t think they’re accurate anymore. For instance, to move to the number one pick, the 49ers would have to give up all 14 of their picks and there’s absolutely no way any one player is worth that.

I remember back in the day when Mike Shanahan and the 49ers made a trade and it was perfect as far as the charts go. The value was spot on. It made me realize back then that teams do use those draft pick trade value charts. But I don’t think they apply anymore.

If I was Baalke, I’d offer our first, third, fourth, two sixths and a seventh…. something like that, for number one. That’s six picks to move up to number one. I believe a guy like Andy Reed would consider that.

I agree Spit, the value chart has got to be off kilter now due to the Rookie Cap.
        Not sure I’d forfeit all those picks for a DT though.
        31 to 15 perhaps could work if a partner could be had.
        I’ve seen some suggestions that Lotulelei hasn’t seen the type of competition guys like Richardson and Floyd have seen in the SEC.
        Good argument I suppose.
        I’d just hate to gamble too many Picks unless we’re sure the value is there.
        That’s why Baalke makes the big bucks and we just speculate.

I happen to think that Baalke will consider dealing up, since we hold so many Picks.
        Question will obviously be when and where.
        The Rookie Cap will promote more deals since there won’t be a boatload of money attached to the slots like there has been in the past.

At least we heard from Dennis. That’s a positive.

Spitblood, so your biggest problem is the government isn’t big enough to take care of every citizen, legal and illegal, in the style and comfort of the most wealthy of its citizens? You’re in the wrong country, like Obama. He seizes on the wedge issues to fuel class warfare and pretends that he’s fighting for you. How’s that working out by the way?

The government doesn’t produce any money and doesn’t have any of its own. It can’t give something to someone unless it takes it from someone else first. Therein lies the rub. People don’t agree on where to draw the lines.

The fictitious guy in your example is in the same boat as the guy who risked everything in a business. The business guy may have scraped by for years on less than the salaries he paid his employees to keep his dream alive (many do). And then after risking everything and getting by on nothing he makes it work and you want to take all his profits for the guy who just threw up his hands and quit trying, to live in comfort without paying his own mortgage or paying for his own food and medical insurance. How’s his car? New and expensive? How about his TV? 60″ best quality? Please.

The sequestration is looming because of the deal Obama made to get his tax increases. You blame it on the Tea Party and George Bush because you’ve fallen victim to the propaganda machine that paints Obama as the good guy. If you can’t recognize that you’ll fall in line with the rest of the sheep and bleat when you’re told to bleat and don’t stir up trouble by asking questions.

• Spitblood says:

Who’s fallen victim to the propaganda machine? You’re the one claiming my answer is big government. That’s propaganda. That’s spin and smear tactics. Republicans love to hid behind this. I’m all for smaller government. I believe we should do away with our post office entirely and turn over the job to the private sector like UPS and Fed Ex. The post office loses billions each year. I believe our schools should go private. Lost jobs be damned. I also believe our tax code should be completely revamped. Again, lost jobs be damned. I believe in stream lining government and not worrying about job loss because in the end, if the government is stronger (not weaker), we’re all stronger in issues like foreign affairs and we don’t lose billions each year in lost interest because of our national debt.

But bigger government is just a tactic Republicans use to muddy the water. Nobody really wants a huge government. Again, it’s fear tactics.

And I totally disagree that the guy who lost everything made risky decisions. That’s a joke. Besides putting your money in a coffee can in 2006, you tell me where the safe investment was in America? Please. Educate us all, Fear. The stock market? Real estate? The bond market? And don’t tell me gold because that only took off after everything crashed.

Millions of Americans didn’t behave poorly – weren’t greedy, and they still lost everything because those who invested their money leveraged the shit out of it. And you blame the hard working American? Honestly, No Fear. Are you an American?

Chuck, you have a nasty habit of making up what people say and then arguing against it.

You’re no doubt convinced Romney has a fortune stashed in the Caymans, too. You do realize that Romney had nothing to do with the capital gains tax rates, right? You do realize that the money in investments has already been taxed at the earned income rate and is taxed again when its investment makes money, right? That’s double and triple taxed, not in any way equivalent to the tax on salary. In this country, if you blow all you earn you can get help. If you save and invest in your future you’ll get taxed again and the guys who blew theirs will be told they’re entitled to some of yours and your tax rate is too low.

There’s no question Romney has money overseas, skippy. What I’m saying is the rich have many more advantages to hide/defer/avoid their share of taxes that the rest of us don’t.

Not to turn a 49er Blog into a Political debate but….
    What kills me regarding the Wall St meltdown is the fact that the SEC saw none of this coming.
    How can the Gov assure the American Investor that all is squeaky clean and above board when the bottom fell out of the Investment Sector and no one is held accountable?

Bernie Madoff? Really?
    Seems to me too many people looked the other way in return for Political favor and ROI.
    Paulson was eyebrow deep in the mess yet got tapped for a Fed position?

I’ve seen at least a dozen good friends, who worked on Wall St, get displaced and trampled under foot.
    Several losing their homes in the process.
    Not one of the Ivory Tower Executives took anything close to an inconvenience in their lives during that period.
    Let alone, spend a minute in jail for all the questionable ‘paper’ many of them passed in the name of profits.
    Many in fact, took a Golden parachute ride from the Penthouse while those that took care of the daily business on the Trading floors and elsewhere, got wiped out.

• Spitblood says:

The worst part is that the higher ups on Wall Street knew the President couldn’t touch them. The bailout money that went to executives? If Obama hammered ‘em, the stock market dives and at the time, Obama wasn’t strong enough politically to handle the mess so he couldn’t seize their bonuses. But to make it even worse,he couldn’t prosecute them either. Wall Street was holding the White House hostage. The execs on Wall Street knew they were untouchable. He attacks, the market dives.

Only now, four years later, Obama and our economy are strong enough to go after what remains of the crooks. The SnP is about to get hammered. Regulators are about to get tough only because the president finally has the leverage. The pendulum will swing, and it’ll swing by crushing the Tea Party …. especially if the sequester goes through.

Spot on Spit.
        They took the money and ran while the new Administration was left holding the water pistol at the inferno.

It’s a game of Chicken at the top of the food chain.
        Bailouts were scorned of course, but as you indicate, what other options were available?
        Detroit was a mess, Wall St was on life support, housing in the toilet and on and on.

Pretty sad day in America when your Pension can evaporate in the afternoon sun while the clowns that managed it got millions upon millions for watching it happen.

• Spitblood says:

The leverage for the left is growing. I’ve been an independent for years, but the balance of power is so out of whack, and the redistribution of wealth is so outrageous that I’m all Democrat and liberal now. It’ll take a long time for me to get back to center.

I honestly hope the sequester goes through. If the sequester goes through, it’ll cripple our economy and there will only be one place to point the finger – Paul Ryan and Eric Cantor. The sequester will be the opposite of a bailout, and at the worst time. Everyone knows the sequester is the agenda of the Tea Party. If the sequester goes through, and the sequester cripples our economy, it’ll kill the Tea Party. People will see the Tea Party can’t govern.

If I was Obama, I’d get tough with the Tea Party. The Tea Party is in a tight spot. I’d frame the debate by getting every single democrat on board and having a vote to extend the debt ceiling (regardless if it passed) showing the American people the Tea Party not only doesn’t know how to lead, but they don’t have the common American’s best interest in mind. I know you don’t use the American people and their livelihoods as bargaining chips, but the Tea Party is more vulnerable than they ever have been. I’d use the opportunity to frame the debate well, and crush the Tea Party. All the Tea Party does is try to protect the rich. It’s the same message over and over again….. smaller government, constitution, Atlas Shrugged, Go Military! …… the earth is flat…. blah, blah. It’s amazing how many people drink that Tea Party koolaid. And just because you yell the loudest, doesn’t make you right. On the contrary. Lately it means you’re just afraid. Ironic for a guy named “NoFear.”

Watching? They brought it about due to their reckless greed.

It’s not a debate when the argument keeps changing. It’s just ranting. The facts are there for those who care enough to look for them (like the size of government, what a fear tactic, the dirty underhanded tactic of reality! ).

• Spitblood says:

You just wrote 40 words of nothing. I counted them.

• NoFear49er says:

You keep blathering about the sequester and the tea party, but it doesn’t sound like you know what either is. Use your google skills and get back to me. Hint, try to use your partisan bullshit filters if you possess any.

• Spitblood says:

NoFear – Go back up and look at all your blogs regarding this government issue (or anyone else reading this for that matter). You have no substance. I’ve brought forth concepts, issues and events, and tried to connect the dots through debate with you. But you have no substance to your debate.

Bush grew the gov’t much more than Obama did You spew dogma out like facts and expect people to listen? You are a Faux puppet. Nothing more.

Spit another guy worth considering in a Trade Up scenario is S Kenny Vaccaro from TX.
    Though the S depth is good, he’s pretty much seen as the Top guy at the position.

Huh. Gotta like that, NJ. DIdn’t know McDonald was coaching.

Interesting piece related to Cap Numbers and Safeties –
    Here’s a quick point made from ESPN -

‘At many positions the tag can be prohibitively high. But the new CBA drove the numbers down. Instead of the tag equaling the average of the five highest-paid players at the position, like it was under the old CBA, the new formula is more complex. It uses the average of the five highest-paid players at the position over the past five years and figures in the salary cap, too.

Long story short: Safeties will have a modest tag number of about $6.798 million. Only tight ends and kickers/punters are slated to be lower’.

Full article link -

NJ – Vacarro’s a stud and is (right now) better than Phillip Thomas. Love the way Vacarro hits and anticipates. And he’s the type of guy who could play both SS and FS, but I doubt he’ll be there at 31. CBS Sports has Vacarro going to the Rams at 22 in two separate drafts and I could see that because even though safety is cheap (like you just outlined in your link), the Rams’ secondary is awful. The Rams still, though, need defensive line even though they’ve used a lot of draft choices there recently with Quinn and Long. Who knows what the Rams will do? I was a big Earl Thomas fan during the draft and hoped we’d grab him. I thought it would suck having him in the division, but turns out I just enjoy watching him play even with Seattle. So Vacarro going to the Rams wouldn’t be bad, but if he falls, he’s a keeper and I’d rather have him than Phillip Thomas. Thomas, to me, plays more like a FS than Vacarro, but both are interchangeable. I don’t think we could go wrong either way. I love Thomas as a free safety, and would love Vacarro as a SS, even though both are listed as FS.

I’m still hoping the 49ers trade up and grab a NT, DT or DE.

Vaccaro is all over the field, he’s going to go high.
      Seen speculation that Philly at 4 could spend a Pick on him.
      Hard to know what to expect from Trade Up scenarios.
      Depth is good at those positions we have the most glaring needs for.
      Eric Reid is my Top SS right now. Not sure if he’s a 1 Pick though.
      Maybe sliding back if the coveted piece is gone in Rd 1 would make sense?
      Baalke will play that hand when the time comes.

CB David Amerson from NC State is going on my list as a FS too.
      I’d love to see him on the Board with our 2nd Pick.

DT Jesse Williams at 31 wouldn’t be terrible.
      He’s as strong as an Ox, very similar to Justin. Would have no problem spending our 31st on him.
      Grabbing a DB there would also make sense since most mocks don’t slot Trufant and Banks.
      Those that do ignore Rhodes as a 1st Rd guy.

Plenty of options. DE Sam Montgomery from LSU also looks good.
      I mentioned DE David Bass several times, he’s likely a Mid Rd guy that could climb after the Combines.
      Many reports have him as a 4-3 End.
      From what I’ve seen, he moves very well.
      Don’t think he’d have any issues in the 3-4.

Meant FS for Eric Reid.

SS Cyprien is growing on me. Want to see how he stacks up at the Combine.

Don’t rule out TE Zach Ertz if he sneaks through too.
      Harbaugh disciple, 6’6″, great hands?
      Sure wouldn’t hurt our Red Zone whoas.
      Never know what comes down the pipe on Draft Day.

• Spitblood says:

I’m a big fan of Rhodes, but I see him being a top five, maybe top ten pick. That guy has it all… with the one exception being “catch up” ability. He’s got an interesting build. He’s got an ass bigger than Oprah’s.

I’m all about finding guys who I think will be available at 31. I’d love to see the 49ers move up into the high first round, but I’d venture to guess that it would actually be more effective to gather a number of different second round picks. Each draft is different, but this draft seems to be heavy on the defense. A guy like Phillip Thomas might slip into the second round, and if he does, who else will?

I hate rounds 5-7 unless, UNLESS you are a building team, OR UNLESS you are drafting kickers, punters or 3rd string qbs. Otherwise, the conversion rate is so small it’s a waste. For my money, I’m picking a kicker and Matt Scott in those later rounds, then taking the rest and using them as trade bait.

We’ll have a shot at Rhodes I think.
        I see it the same way regarding Trading back.
        If the right guy is gone, extra 2s and 3s are where the action could be for us.

Baalke seems to have a very good feel for the guys he wants and where to get them.
        I’m on the fence for a WR right now.
        No clue how important that Pick is, especially when he snuck AJ into the 1st Rd last year.

I see no need for a RB because the position is weak.
        I’ll go along with Scott as a potential later Rd QB, his numbers were very good.
        Could throw a PK in there too.

Rest of the multiple picks are likely all about Draft Dollars.
        Pick and choose, make some moves as needed.

Vaccaro and Richardson are guys I would target in Rd 1 in Trade Up scenarios.
        Vaccaro has no issues to scare you away from taking a shot, since the position is of need for us.

I also think Goodwin is an age concern.
        Not sure if Harbaugh has Kilgore or Looney slated for that position or elsewhere?
        Our OL is really only a top Shelf C away from being stellar for years to come.
        I’d consider adding Travis Frederick or Barrett Jones, if you told me Kilgore or Looney was the future there.

Plenty of possibilities.
        This year QB/RB/WR has major concerns. Weak in terms of quantity.
        All the strength is on D and solid OL prospects.

• Spitblood says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing the 49ers draft two DT/DE to replace Will Turk (who’s getting more time at FB anyway), Dobbs (who was injured and got a DUI) and Ian Williams who I haven’t thought much of anyway. I could see the 49ers going after a guy like Floyd (who could drop because DE in a 3/4 isn’t a glamour pick) and then picking up a lesser talented DT with a big body to develop in the later rounds. I don’t have a name yet for the later pick. But I agree, this is a defensive draft.

I’ll take your word for it that there’s good O linemen. I’m not gonna look there because I think we’re set. I think Kilgore is the center of the future, with Looney being the backup guard of the future. And I love both Kilgore and Looney because I like smaller O linemen who can move.

On offense, I love the idea of Matt Scott but it’s impossible to know where he’ll be drafted. But one thing for sure is that he’ll get serious looks because he plays a lot like Colin Kaepernick.

I think Hunter, James and Gore might be a little light. I don’t think much of Dixon, although he seems to make plays on special teams. I could see Baalke working hard on finding a late round running back to replace Dixon as a short yardage back.

Then it just comes down to our receivers. I like Jared Cook and don’t share the blog’s opinion that he’s worth 5+ million per year. The 49ers might get a “contender discount,” if Jared wants to put championships over dollars. If he doesn’t, he’s not for us. It’s that simple. Building a potential champion creates leverage I hope Baalke gets used to fast regarding free agents. We also need a big bodied receiver like Mohammed Sanu. This year I won’t get sidetracked by 40 times.

I’m also a Sharrif Floyd fan. I’m certain he’ll be gone at 31 as well but I think that guy’s more stout at the point than any other dude I’ve seen this year except Star. I could see him being the second DT taken.

Talk is starting about Floyd and Richardson trumping Lotulelei.

Here comes the Combine Spin Cycle too.
      So much will change before April. Our Pick comes down to value if we stand pat.

One of the Top ILBs Ogletree from UGA got nailed for a DUI.
      Adding to his checkered College infractions.
      Now he and Te’o are both head scratchers regarding what’s between their ears.
      It’s just starting.

Meant to say ‘If Kilgore or Looney WEREN’T the future there’.

Damn….. Seattle’s done a nice job drafting DBs late. Both Chancellor and the douche are 5th rounders.

Yes they have.
      Our turn to get healthy in the Secondary this year.
      I’m using the taller guys on my wish list for that reason.

Blidi Wrey-Wilson, Amerson, Reid, Banks, Rhodes are all taller guys.

This is why I look at our DL rotation with Dobbs, Jerrod-Eddie, Ian Williams and wonder how many more pieces Baalke might actually be looking to add there?
      Just gave Divens a Future Contract last week. A 340LB DT that’s had some NFL playing time already.

I’m not sold that he’s slotting a DT in the 1st Rd.
      We’ll obviously find out when the time comes.
      Maybe the DE/DB makes more sense early?

• Spitblood says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 49ers went CB, safety or DT in the first round. I think it’s best player available out of those three positions. I’d be happy with Rhodes, Floyd or Thomas.

Oh the Drama…..

The Combine is going to iron out all the height and weight questions too.
        40s will get answered as well.

I’m curious to see Blidi Wreh-Wilson get those vitals answered.
        He moved pretty well at the Sr Bowl.
        Want to see him get an honest time in terms of flat out speed.
        He’s been one of the few 4.4s guys that is listed over 6′.

Another DE for you….
    Quanterus Smith W Kentucky.
    Combine invitee, I will be looking for him as well.
    6’5″ 250 23 sacks.

Small school guy however.

If we were to think about a possible replacement for Boobie Dixon.
    How about Michigan St RB Le’Veon Bell – 6’2″ 240.
    Kid carried the load for the Spartans.
    To the tune of almost 3,400 yds.

Slotted in the 4th Rd as we see it now.

Another guy invited to the Combine. Stay tuned.

• Spitblood says:

I’ve looked at some of the CBs, safeties and DT. Now I’m gonna start looking at some of the DE/OLB – the pass rushers. You can never have too many of those dudes.

32. twinfan1 says:

I didn’t think that the trademark for “kaepernicking” had gone through yet. The pound just busted Zeke for snarfing a flea, said it was trademark infringement…
    BTW, Denny do your your thing on that disgusting little rat, Sarah Redden. Thank you, Merry Sunday, and send some money to this place:

• NoFear49er says:

How ridiculous to trademark a ridiculous display of self-aggrandizement, let alone trying to enforce it. I suppose if the image is clearly of CK7 in uniform w/helmet kissing himself in another pro athlete look-at-me move, maybe. But anything more generic would be very tough to claim ownership on. It’s hardly new or improved.

What’s the agent orange donation about?

• NoFear49er says:

Left to my own devices it looks like this outfit is more about traveling and speaking than helping victims.

What am I missing?

• NoFear49er says:

Disregard, I found what I was looking for.

Our Mission

The Vietnam Agent Orange Relief and Responsibility Campaign is an initiative of U.S. veterans, Vietnamese Americans and all concerned about peace and justice. We insist our government honor its moral and legal responsibility to compensate the Vietnamese victims and all victims, of Agent Orange.

Warren G. Harding and Richard M. Nixon Day tomorrow. May as well honor our worst Presidents for a change.

• NoFear49er says:

I thought you guys liked the Prez that presided over Vietnamization, Operation Homecoming and the lesser celebrated Operation Screw You for those he declared to be dead afterward. Anyway he can’t hold a candle to the extreme incompetence of the current community organizer in chief.

34. twinfan1 says:

My “plea” is non-political. I think that as a country we owe the innocent “bystanders” who still suffer from our use of defoliants in SE Asia.
    This is something I became involved in long before I became ill. The Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign is a legit organization .Yet not even liberals have not shown much support for aid. The Vietnamese government shares responsibilty as well- they have denied that spraying was done in regions that are now growing crops for export.
    Chew on that one for awhile.

• NoFear49er says:

While I chew, I’d just as soon help the Vietnamese that helped us. The Montagnards were imprisoned, tortured and murdered when we left and have had their land stolen and are persecuted in their homeland still. These guys not only need and deserve help, they appreciate it and have earned it.

• Spitblood says:

NoFear – I think you’re consuming gallons of Koolaid daily, but I respect the hell outta your service to our country and your passion for our military – past and present.
        ~ the master of the backhanded compliment.

• twinfan1 says:

The diseases from the spraying did not choose sides, so it’s always possible that a donation might help a deformed child from the wrong side. Horrors…

Mike Mayock is saying this is one of the deeper drafts he’s seen in ten years, and that it’s especially deep at safety. Great news for the 49ers who have 14 picks. Mayock also said there aren’t a lot of difference makers in the top 10. That’s even better news for the 49ers. Could be a rich get richer draft. Whoops to Trenton Robinson. I’m not a fan of his game. Let’s bring in Phillip Thomas!

If Baalke makes a move for the Top of Rd 1.

Shariff Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Kenny Vaccaro would all be guys I’d be gunning for.

I honestly believe that we will be Drafting the future in our Secondary from this Draft Class.

A FS/SS and a CB won’t be hard to obtain.

36. Alleykat says:

Right now my guess will be a Jonathan..
    Jonathan Hankins
    Jonthan Jenkins
    or Jonathan Cyprien

I could live with Jenkins and Cyprien Alleykat.

Think I’d prefer Kawann Short over Hankins however.

It’s astounding to me that Republicans have the audacity to cry socialism with things in our tax code like the carried interest provision. This is why Romney was able to pay 15%. Independent Lens did a documentary on this recently and said lobbiests actually wrote the bill that Congress passed. Socialism? We’re a long way from socialism in America, and for that I’m glad. But if you cry socialism, you’re drinking the koolaid. Read this:

• Spitblood says:

People believe that the Tea Party was created by a grassroots movement but in reality it was the agenda of Libertarian billionaires. Want the connection? One of the Coke family members, David Coke, ran for president (or vice president) as a Libertarian in 1980 and was defeated terribly. Instead of continuing to try, he found a different way….. buying elected officials.

Paul Ryan was made preaching about Atlas Shrugged, and it might have gotten the attention of the Coke family. (Atlas Shrugged preaches Libertarian ideals). Now Ryan denies he’s ever sided with Atlas, but he can’t deny his connection with the Coke family.

But it’s the same with Sarah Palin, Michele Bochman, Beck and guys like Donald Trump and Ted Nuggent. They cry about socialism and big government while the people sponsoring their events are Libertarians who are paying 15% by using their lobbiests to write the carried interest provision.

And now the Tea Party wants to push the sequester? Please do. Honestly. Please allow the sequester to go through so it crushes the Tea Party. The Tea Party wasn’t a grass roots movement. It was the agenda of Libertarian billionaires. And some people even on this blog are still, to this day, drinking the koolaid. They love the Tea Party. I think they drink the tea and koolaid because there’s safety in numbers as you get older, but it’s done because they’re afraid. Personally, I have no fear.

38. TOUCHDOWN TOMMY says:

What is terribly wrong with the Tea Party and their ilk is Grover Norquist who forces Republicans running for Congress to sign a pledge or face his money and get voted out. Sounds like thinking what’s good for your district and for the country might be at odds in what’s good for Grover.
    The kicker here is Norquist has stated that this pledge is for as long as you are in Congress.
    Grover Norquist wants to be the puppetmaster and is responsible for a lot of the shit and gridlock.

• Spitblood says:

People who make less than $250k per year and vote Republican are complete fools. Walmart Republicans…. waving the flag, talking socialism, drinking the koolaid and getting bent over.

Spit, remember about two years ago I told you I had never been to a Walmart in my entire life and you were impressed? Well, add another two years. I still haven’t seen the inside of one of those suckers.

ahh but have you seen “the people of walmart” websites Dennis?

Yesterday’s “Pearls Before Swine” comic strip sums everything up…

Difficult Times:

When the going gets tough…
    And the chips are down…
    And the breaks aren’t going your way…
    And everyone is telling you can’t…

Give up. ‘Cause they’re probably right.
    ‘And drink beer instead.

Amen.

Nothing wrong with that advice Del.
      Afterall……

It made Bud Wiser.

NJ, no need to remind you, or anyone else for that matter how big a Budweiser fan and supporter I am. This commercial still gets me each and every time. Love those Clydesdales…

I have a good friend who married a woman vaguely of the budweiser clan 12 times removed or something like that. His wife inherited an obscene amount of stock and money when her Mom died (a clanite). I’m sure Dennis did his part in making this outer fringe of the Budweiser family rich, cheers Dennis crack another tinny open.

Sounds eerily like judge Smails

For every wound, a balm.
      For every sorrow, cheer.
      For every storm, a calm.
      For every thirst, a beer.

Remember “I” before “E” except in Budweiser

And a classic from our Old Pal Cliff Clavin of Cheers –

“A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo.
      When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.
      This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
      In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells.
      But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
      That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

Xavier Rhodes is being slotted as a S/CB with a 2nd Rd Grade pre-Combine.
    Many of the DBs I’m interested in are taller guys, which should help us improve in pass defense.

Rhodes would work for us simply because Baalke prefers the interchangeable DBs.

• Spitblood says:

Rhodes is slower. That’s why his stock is dropping and people are considering him a safety. It’s hogwash. Look at my boy Sanu last year. Ran a slow combine, then had a great rookie year as a third round pick with an average qb and a lot of weapons around him – AND Gruden used him as their swiss army knife. I will say that you can get away with a slower receiver who’s big and can get off the jam, and it’s different for a corner. But the combine over values speed. Who would you rather have? Sanu or Jenkins? Now I believe Jenkins will come on. I’m still not worried about Jenkins. But we have short and skinny in spades. We need big and powerful with a receiver who isn’t a “trapper,” like Vernon Davis.

As far as Rhodes is concerned, he’s a corner with an ass the size of Oprah’s. He doesn’t appear to be that guy who’s in the gym 24/7. I think with improved technique, diet and dedication, he could be the best corner in the draft. The kid has it all. Question is whether or not he wants to pull it all together. I’ll admit right now he’s not an NFL starter at corner, but he’s not that far away. Maybe that’s also why he’s projected to drop into the second round. Either way, I’m a fan of his…… because of his big black ass.

Baallke’s all about the tweeners. I’m sure he’ll find someone who fills the bill.

People get up on Goldson for his aggressive run support without connecting that Goldson is an integral part of run stopping. That is not him hot dogging, that is his responsibility and demonstrates his great range that he also covers. He sometimes takes a bad angle, sometimes bites too hard on the run and sometimes goes for the espn highlight hit instead of wrapping up. He is not perfect but then who is? There are only a few safeties playing at or above his level right now. Goldson has played at a pro bowl level for 2 straight years. Niners need to sign him.

It’s all about the Cap figure 12th.
      He has stayed healthy the past 2 years.
      His pass coverage has always been his Achilles heel.

I don’t really agree that his pass coverage is poor NJ. Whitner’s was poor but Goldson had a good year in coverage and 6 picks last year. He whiffed a few too but not many and his run support and heavy hitting makes opposing players tenuous.
        He was offered 5 mil a year before, I would guess 6.5 mil a year with at most 3 years guaranteed. As an exercise try to think of 4 safeties playing at a better level than Goldson. I came up with 3.

Culliver had a good year at CB too. I read you saying he should maybe go to safety but Culliver was playing at a high level along with Brown. Culliver was very aggressive in the SB and the Ravens and Flacco took him to school for it. Don’t get too down on Culliver, he will push Carlos for playing time as a starter next year.

No doubt Whitner blows chunks in coverage 12th.
        Goldson is better in that regard.
        As you mentioned, he gets too aggressive at times and turns routine plays into misadventures.

Culliver was absolutely awful in the SB.
        Lost the WRs and the ball all afternoon.
        I believe Culliver is a product of Baalke using the DBs as interchangeable parts.
        NoFear49er made the point that I typically see Safeties as being FS and SS.

Perhaps that is the plan going forward? I could see that happening.
        This Draft Class is loaded with options at S and CB.
        Agree that Carlos is the Senior citizen back there with Whitner not far behind.

I am confident that Baalke will get that addressed in April.

I would however, take Jairus Byrd from Buffalo, as the better pass defender in a head to head match up with Goldson.
        Most likely, neither guy will get onto the Market I’d guess?

since the coaches see the safeties as interchangeable I would take Byrd to play with Goldson, dump Whitner, and draft a CB. You should ask Rob, he loves Cox.

Actually I think both Byrd and Goldson have an outside chance of hitting the market.

LOL, poor Rob.
      Would be interesting if neither guy got FTagged.

I really think the Rookie Cap is watering down the FA Mkt in a big way.

Take Jake Long in Miami.
      They can let him walk, Draft another stud and, still save a ton of money.
      I can see that happening more and more at various positions.
      Perhaps Goldson and Byrd will provide some direction there?

I agree the rookie cap is a game changer and could definitely affect both Goldson and Byrd. I think the Niners go to 6.5 mil a year, if Goldson doesn’t agree I think they let him walk not FT him. The draft is good for safety and CB and I think Byrd may make it to market too.

• Spitblood says:

Rob loved Reggie Smith……. ‘nough said.

Good point about dumping Whitner too.
      I believe he makes more money and, doesn’t cover worth a lick.

Certainly makes sense to me.

If Goldson were to move on, what’s your feelings about maybe making a play for Revis?

Mixed feelings with Revis. His injury is a concern as is his contract demands after the first year. I have to admit to salivating at the thought of a shutdown corner on this Niner defense, it’s a game changer. Remember Neon Deon Sanders, he put the Niners over the top to win the SB and Revis is capable of the same thing but not necessarily with Goldson moving on. The Smith contract allows enough room to keep both but it is a risk. I was not in favor of Manning because of his injury but he proved me wrong at least for one year so far and maybe Revis comes back just as strong.

If I remember correctly Sanders was the first 1 million dollars a year guy or maybe I’m wrong.

Manning was more about the Cap hit for me.
      Good move to make the play for Alex in hindsight.

Revis is to the NYJ what Alex is to us right now. A commodity with limited shelf life.
      It’s more an issue for us since we have to guarantee Alex on April 1.
      If we pay the March Roster bonus, I would think Baalke has a Trade partner.
      If released, we have money to spend. Extend Goldson? Possible.

Revis is a rental this year, with his current price tag and, would afford the 9ers a chance to see what they have.
      Alex is expendable now, with a very limited market for Trade return.
      A deal involving Revis and Alex?
      Might be worth it to both sides if everything aligned.
      Killer there is, Sanchez and the guaranteed Contract.
      No reason for him to renegotiate.

But yes to your point about Deion, he was the missing piece that year in ’94.
      Shutdown CBs always pay dividends.

Can’t see the Jets taking Smith, too much tied up in Sanchez. Can’t see Revis agreeing to a one year rental, if his injury doesn’t pan out he gets one year of money and done. If I’m him I try for an extended deal getting a team to gamble he comes back the same.
        Smith’s contract will be off the books, the only question is if the Niners can get a pick or two for him as well and they might. I have no regrets taking Smith over Manning I was just making the point that Manning exceeded expectations coming back from injury.

Revis is under Contract this year. He can’t be FTagged by the NYJ next year which means they are handcuffed. That’s what is creating all this Trade buzz.

It will be something to chew on. I know ACLs are tough to predict, especially with a CB making cuts all game long.

Yes, Manning obviously beat the health concerns down huh?
      Class guy, good QB.
      His age and price tag scared me more at the time.

Da’Quan Bowers joins the ranks of Plax and Forrest Gump.
    Stupid is as stupid does -

‘Let’s see if I can board a plane in NYC with a loaded weapon in my carry on bag and see if anyone notices?’

Somehow the aptitude tests at the Combines just can’t explain the depths of ignorance that are created when you pay a College athlete a lot of money, before they prove worthy of possessing any common sense.

I keep thinking Baalke may trade back in the draft after taking a DT and DB using maybe 7 picks total. Niners don’t need all the picks this year so it occurs to me he may package them into higher picks for next year. Just a thought.

Very possible 12th.
      Moving up in Rd 1. Moving back from 31.
      Stockpiling for next year also possible.

Baalke is playing the Trade game very well.

As you say, we don’t need 14 new players right now.
      What a nice place to be after all the years of futility.

• Spitblood says:

After what Mayock said about his being a deep draft, I could see the 49ers not moving up like I said early, but instead moving back. You could easily bring in 14 picks and coach ‘em up if they were all keepers. And honestly, I think that could be my favorite part of football (actually it’s my second favorite behind qb’s either rising above like Eli, or cracking like Peyton). Harbaugh’s interesting. First year he coached up the rookies in a big way with Culliver, Aldon, Hunter, Miller and Jones getting playing time. Maybe because he had to? But this year he red shirts everyone?

I’d like to the see the 49ers replace Dixon, Leonard Davis, Celek, Walker, Trenton, Moss and Carlos Rogers. And that’s not even considering the no-names on the team who play irrelevant special teams roles. Is there room for 14? Sure….. if Harbaugh wants to coach ‘em up. My guess is he won’t and 12th is right that Baalke will continue to push his picks back to next year.

Because of the Depth in areas of need Spit we certainly could.
        It’s all about a youth movement now.

Carlos, Whitner Ice and Justin all need successors.
        All should come from this Draft too.

They have ammunition to move up if something were to occur.
        Baalke has shown the ability jump around the Draft Board very well.
        I have no worries about how he goes about his duties. So far, so good.
        We’re all about value and depth, instead of need for immediate starters.

I’m anxious to see how he moves with the D-Line.
      I think Ice moves on due to age.
      RJF?
      Not sure but, I’d guess he stays at the right price.
      Plenty of options for the DT even if we don’t go with 1 in Rd 1.

Brandon Williams could be there in Rd 2, maybe 3?
      Should be fun to see how he plays the Slots.

• Spitblood says:

That’s a few other guys I’d like to see Harbaalke upgrade: Ice, Turk, Dobbs, Williams….. add that to the list above and you could see us using all 14 picks. But here’s the reason I think you need to keep pushing your picks back: It’s if you fall in love with a guy like Jerry Rice. If you have a million bullets in your gun, unload and grab Jerry. Overpay. Live a little.

DE Jadeveon Clowney is the hands down Favorite in the Draft next year.
        Read that he is trying to get an Insurance Policy to protect himself from the type of situation that Lattimore went through this past Season.
        An injury that kicks your earning potential out of the picture.

Everyone will want a shot at Clowney next year.
        Holding the 1 Pick next April is the NFL Pot of Gold.

Cam Johnson and Jewel Hampton are a couple of guys I want to see play a little. Al Netter looked good to me too. Niners have good players who have not had an opportunity already on the team. Not sure about AJ Jenkins, simply didn’t see enough of him to know.

I would think Ice and Haggans are gone, maybe Harralson too.

Excellent stuff, guys.